Tell us about the last time you managed to get your life together

and how did that progress fade away

Attached: ohno.jpg (224x225, 4K)

defiantly when i had a girlfriend before post secondary , now there is just no motivation to do anything other then game because i know ill never be happy again

Joined military, got married, moved to Japan, everything's great. Get wife pregnant, have daughter. Move to south Dakota, buy house and new car for family. Find out she was fucking my best friend in Japan while she was pregnant. In my bed. Become alcoholic. Suicidal. Lose job in airforce. Lose house, car, and way of life. Have to move in with my parents. Move back out thinking life would get better. Still trying to make marriage work. Cheats on me again with 43 year old grocery store worker. Divorce. Suicidal again. Drink pesticide. End up in hospital. Move back in with parents. Again.

Eventually met a girl that changed everything for me and has improved my life in many ways. I now have a decent job that I'm good at. And an amazing relationship. Just wish I could see my daughter.

post secondary? you from Commonwealth?

sorry to hear that bud. how did you meet this new girl? and how did you learn to trust women again?

i do play alot of fallout 4.......... but no
harsh , happy you managed to improve after so much

My parents relocated to Florida after I moved back out. My dad's job has him living in a hotel, so when I had to move back in with them in their hotel after my last suicidal episode, I met the front desk girl.
We had a few cigarettes, and she decided to take me on a few dates knowing I was a bum at the time. No car or source of income to my name. But we live together now and she's built me up so much.

As with trust, it's pretty tough. I want to trust her fully, but with the past I always have this nagging thought that it might happen again. Still trying to learn to trust again. Not just women, but people in general. I mean my best friend literally assisted in fucking my life up.

we have 'secondary' in my country - it's from 13 to 16 y.o., same?

Thanks bro. I learned there is always a way to get back up. Spent way to long at rock bottom

man I'm glad for you, she sees your worth

secondary is high school and post secondary is anything after.

I signed up for my state’s bar exam despite panicking repeatedly about the application and required references. Then I studied my ass off for the two-ish months. Then I took the test and passed. And then I got my law license.

It faded away when I decided to do solo practice and managed to find only people who didn’t want to pay. That and a family case that was a fucking disaster.

what happened in the family case?

I got clean on my first semester, stopped doing nigger drugs, started studying a lot and became the best student on my year. I was satisfied with my success and had a bright future in front of me.

I fucked up when I let depression catch up to me again. I had constant anxiety, but until then I didn't let it win until that moment. I started drinking and smoking weed and it only made me worse. I cut off all people who might have cared about me because I thought that they might be manipulating me.

Now I'm a depressed faggot drug abuser again. It's my birthday and I feel like shit.

Attached: 1526815077206.jpg (720x529, 20K)

A lot of things went wrong all at once, in addition to not having enough time to do things, and being completely on my own. It was unbelievably stressful. Even though it settled in a reasonably fair way, I still feel a lot of stress left from that case, and think that if I'd been more experienced I could've done a lot better.

Did you have any foreign lawyers in your class/bar exam?

My girlfriend lives abroad and is a tax lawyer. If we get married one day, she’d Immigrate here and try to do tax law.

I have no idea about the bar exam, but yeah we had plenty in law school studying for their LLM.

Oddly most of them went home in the end. I think my university was more a destination for foreign lawyers to study a particular area of law rather than studying to become US lawyers.

hey dont be sad bro, you have us at least
happy birthday!

Do you live in New York or Virginia?

But ok that’s interesting. I hope if she does immigrate here that it won’t be too difficult for her. She’s a smart tax lawyer. But hopefully it’s not too hard

Happy birthday!

Attached: 610AE6EC-C7EC-4B97-85C9-EE47D9CF6CA7.jpg (1000x712, 75K)

>New York or Virginia?
Nope.

>But ok that’s interesting. I hope if she does immigrate here that it won’t be too difficult for her. She’s a smart tax lawyer. But hopefully it’s not too hard
There are tax-specific LLM programs if she needs to do a LLM (basically if she's not a JD from Canada, she'll need to do a one-year LLM to be eligible to sit for the bar; for virtually every other country in the world, a law degree is a bachelor's, but every US jurisdiction requires a doctorate). I'm not sure what Canadian JDs have to do. I know US JDs going to Canada have to take a series of exams just to become bar-eligible. It's annoying and time-consuming.

She’s French. She has her masters degree in law, she’s passed the french Bar too.

Unless it's a LLM from an ABA-approved school (i.e., a US school) she's probably gonna have to take a year of full-time study and get another LLM over here.

I think it's also possible that she could work as a "foreign law consultant", depending on how long she's been practicing back in France; basically advising people in the US how to deal with French law. Since she does tax, that could tie in neatly to some boutique firms' practice areas.

Interesting. Thanks for the info

What the fuck? Dont tell me she won custody after infidelity and a divorce, fuck i hate the US divorce courts

Hmm long story, but..

I had depression for many many years. I made it my life goal to go into the military after I graduated from high school hoping that would help, give me purpose. I went into the military. Saw some major improvements. First 2 years were good. However my best friend getting killed, things started going down. I didn’t really understand a lot of my feelings. Before the military, I didn’t really know what feelings were. Hell, even while in it, feelings didn’t exist. But I remember just getting sick. Like sick to my stomach, months at a time. After my contract was up, I decided to get out.i became a civilian again and was quite lost. I got a good paying job doing security. I made a whole lot of money. But I felt miserable. Just a culmination of feelings from over my entire life i suppose.

I was 24. I remember I planned on taking a vacation to Italy with a friend. I needed to get away so this would be good. We planned out a really awesome trip all across the country. We booked a rental car, and planned to drive literally all across the country and across Sicily. It looked amazing. So, I thought it would be cool to find an Italian to show us around us around before the trip. I made an Italian friend from Interpals.net. She was a total qt 3.14 too. We talked often and became close. Finally- the trip. My friend and I had an amazing trip to Italy. Still the best trip I’ve ever taken. We saw so much. I felt so RELAXED. It really did wonders for me. We met the Italian girl, and I really started to notice strange feelings I’ve never felt before. I had never had a girlfriend and had 0 experience with women. So this was new. But she was always walking close to me, wrapping her arm around mind. Smiling at me. Hugging me. I catches feelings hard. But at the time, I was a beta bitch and didn’t know what to do. I remember the night we said goodbye to her. When we got to the hotel I silently cried in the bathroom. To be continued- pic Mt Etna

Attached: CD43942B-D720-4019-94EE-46977CB4A4B5.jpg (2048x1536, 648K)

I cried in the bathroom. For the first time in many years, so long I can’t even recall, I cried. When we returned home. She video called me and told me she liked me. She wanted us to meet again and actually experience each other. a month later she started saying sexual things toward me which was a first. She told me she wanted me, and cared about me so much. She told me many intimate and caring thoughts she had about me. I was hooked and couldn’t wait for that coming summer.

3 months pre-trip.. Out of nowhere, contacted with her has faded. I start to feel very stressed. What is happening? What’s going on??. Finally she reaches out to me on my birthday. She sent me the most thoughtful thing anyone has given me. A flip book video (like those you see on YouTube) she made for me. Telling me how I’m special to her and how amazing I am. It touched my heart. We reconnected and she told me how she’s been busy and stressed with school. Then... nonchalantly- “oh user! I forgot to tell you.. I met a man at school. I have been seeing him now for a few weeks and I think we might start a relationship. I hope you aren’t too upset with me”. I was completely crushed. Sick Mode 2.0, not just because of this girl. But because of my whole life really. I had felt so fucking shitty to the point I was looking at my Glock 19 every night thinking “I should just end this shit”. But then I met this girl who picked me up and made me feel different, just to be dropped back into the gutter. The beta I was then.. I needed an emergency vacation.

I was on Google Maps look around the world. Noticed the US Virgin Islands and booked a weekend there spontaneously. The trip came and I went alone. My anxiety didn’t go away, but it got worse. I had trouble eating. I felt so fucking stressed. What was I doing in my life? What was my purpose? What should I do? How can this girl pick me up and abandon me like nothing? I sat on the beach.. “I need help”. Pic- The beach

Attached: DA52C8B9-3B83-4D60-BF26-F9253A0D2D14.jpg (2048x1536, 844K)

Immediately after returning home, I contact a therapist and started going to therapy. He helped me greatly. He helped me organize my thoughts and figure out what I needed to do with my life. Since then, I’ve been on this path and I feel significantly better.

I still ended up going to Italy. I had already paid and didn’t want to waste the money. That was hard for me. I met with the girl, and seeing her again in person killed my a bit inside. Knowing after everything she said to me, she is with anonther man. The only thing I don’t regret is this gave me some closure.

I’m 27 now, and I’ve just been focusing on myself. But overall I feel better.

Attached: E3F7495D-5E4F-4F76-9AFD-9F0BAC5CC5AB.jpg (2048x1536, 640K)

She does have full custody. I'm a diagnosed schizophrenic and she uses it against me. Have an appointment Friday though and trying to get a rediagnosis.
Believe it or not her and my old best friend got together now and he's raising my daughter. I have trouble sleeping because I want to merc them. Hate putting my girlfriend through this shit. She tries helping me when it gets me down, but it's an unfair circumstance to her. Surprised she keeps me around with all my baggage.

I also haven't had the strength to video call my 3 year old in about a month. Last time I called she said, "i don't wanna talk, I wanna play with daddy."
The pain was so fucking unreal. I feel like I'm abandoning my daughter completely, but I just don't know how much I can take of that.

Spent 2012 to 2014 taking care of dying Father. This results in a substantial gap in employment but I can easily afford it.

Return to my Profession mid-2014 as a means to cope and clear head.

Join major player in my Industry thanks to colleagues. Seems promising. Now back in business attire, learning new technologies, networking, and replenishing dwindled savings.

Work hours increase while Team decreases. Learn everyone hates Department. 6 people doing work of 12. Come in at 9AM and leaving at 11PM becomes the norm Monday to Friday. Losing more Colleagues but Company will not hear concerns (despite a record quarter). This shit continues for months until I can no longer eat or keep food down.

Diagnosed with Ulcer. Forced medical leave for 1 month per Physician.

Return to workplace after Ulcer passes. Director assigns more challenging cases and clients. Process continues ad nauseam. Two months pass. Asked to assist Training Team with seminars. Get headhunted by local start-up.

Deal is finalized with new company. Negotiate start date that begins in a month. One day I wake up and decide to spend morning feeding birds by small lake on company property. Come into work after exhausting birdseed. Catch shit for being late without warning. Director is in ear entire time while I return casually text and return calls. Loses temper and storms off. Everyone's quiet. Fire off formal email informing Colleagues of resignation. Apologize to them personally. Print/sign/deliver hard copy to Director and Vice-President.

Grab what little shit I keep in my desk and stroll out. Spend remaining afternoon hiking through the bush. Stumble across a million dollar view. Down a beer and smoke a joint until the sun sets.

It ALWAYS gets worse before it gets better but I have found, with perseverance, it ultimately levels out. You have to reach deep down, muster whatever strength you have, and do whatever it takes to fuck the odds against you.

OP here. That was fucking inspiring

Spent 6 years fighting cancer, after finally winning I decided to get back in shape, diet and take a college degree. So far I feel very motivated.

Fucking hell man, cheating death has got to be the ultimate inspiration for living

Thank u friends

Attached: 1506414373414.png (218x231, 9K)

Summer 2013
End of 4th year of what would have been a 3 year course at uni. with 1 more to go
One year was held back because of mental health.
One year I had to retake a module as part time, again due to mental health.
(Course loses roughly 1 student each year from each year of the course to suicide, so they take it kinda seriously)
Came off meds in a controlled way.
Girlfriend is moving away to do her PhD. I was to follow a year later with Chartered Engineer status being just a formality away.

Spend the summer doing decorating work, working out and learning another language pretty fast.

"Minor" mental health hiccup over summer, mostly recover as far as I could have said.
(Tripcode might lead you to posts from then)

New academic year starts

Distance strains the relationship, either we're not talking enough or it feels forced online.
(We were mostly non verbal communication. Pulling faces at each other, cuddling up... all that cutesy stuff.)
It's clearly ripping our hearts out, decide to break up rather than drag it out, hopefully come together again as soon as we can. Didn't even consider putting academia on pause because it would burn a hole in both of our futures... and we were kinda stupid.

Fuck, that hurt.

About 2-3 weeks later starts hallucinating, full audiovisual, if it weren't for them violating the way the world works you wouldn't be able to tell what was real.
Just about sane enough to see a doc, immediately seen and put back on meds.

Sleep for 20 hours a day for about 10 days.
Apparently brain totally depleted serotonin.

Can't think for shit, can feel how slowly my mind is moving.
Can't engage with people properly.

Somehow find new GF, she's lovely and looks after me as much as I look out for her... Still hurting for ex.

Relationship with ex slowly falls to pieces as I can't "people" anymore and always so tired.

Always so tired.
Want to want to do things but can't find it in me.

(cont.)

(cont.)
Few times I've been scraping myself together...
Get kicked to the dirt for my efforts.

Would ctrl+z the fuck out of my life.
Just enough depending on me for them to not fall to shit that I can't leave... wouldn't be here if they didn't need me.
I wouldn't wish this on anyone else.

Stop being a racist and your life will improve biggly

Power to you user. I really hope you find a new job you enjoy soon.

Don't let yourself get put down. And I recommend seeing a shrink or something to talk about losing your father. That sorta thing buries itself in your mind and could explode at any time in your life. I'm talking from experience.

But seriously, stay strong bro. You owe it to yourself and your fathers memory.

Sorry to say that but the italian girl has moved on because of your inaction. When a girl gives you feels like that, even if you're a total sperg you know it's a sign from the heaven above to do what a man must do and take action

Ex girl cheated on me, so I got really sad and frustrated. I put all those bad feelings into getting Jow Forums af, got a better job, enrolled in college. Everything was going well until about 10 months later when I met another girl, she's borderline and an alcoholic. She roped me in to her bullshit, I started smoking again, didn't exercise as much, started drinking too much.
We were never really dating but borderlines are funny like that, they're just very intense people. Anyway, we "broke up" and now I'm just working on myself, she's in rehab, things couldve been worse.

>being this autistic

Fuck, I typed a couple pages of this shit but this browser sucks

>2014-*2015
>Broke as fuck, no motivation to do anything
>Decide to quit Jow Forums in 2015
>Quit Jow Forums, and forget about this website
>Someone on /soc/ offers me advice once and i took it
>unemployed but working on certifications and career training in 2015
>Sept 2015 comes around get offered to move to other state for a new career
>Take the offer, leave home 4am and drive 2k miles away
>Get new place to live
>Find new job
>Become successful
>2018 comes around
>making over 100k
>develop depression
>addicted to Jow Forums again
>maybe one of these days i'll get my shit together again

>flying for business in a few weeks btw
>(Business plans and travel booked by this week)

>Feel like a loser since i come to Jow Forums and this is my only social output other than work

... even hated on Jow Forums since nobody usually gives two fucks bout me
I've noticed certain communities develop on Jow Forums, i try to come in and make the same memes
get told to fuck off...

they know im not one of them who has been here part of the same group

>cant even get Efriends on a fucking frog forum

Attached: 1527035878083.jpg (437x501, 42K)

Reality is racist, trigglypuff

I don't think I ever had my life together, at least when I was very young.

I'm no genius but if I was trying to help you as much as I could I would say you should probably just find a good hobby irl and make friends through that

like fishing or car restoration or some shit

>Tell us about the last time you managed to get your life together
Got a good job and made a lot of money.

>and how did that progress fade away
Had nothing to spend that money on so spent it all on drugs and eventually it caught up to me.

Damn, my man. Hope you pick yourself up soon, and without reliance on feeling desired by a woman. Gotta be happy with yourself first and all that.

How was the military with depression? I’m a lethargic, depressed piece of shit, and I have this constant thought that maybe the army will fix me.

>>making over 100k
3 years into career?
I'm curious...

Also with that you could look into retiring early.
Take up ren fairs or something like that, meet some pretty cool people.

I worked day and night to get good at something and now I'm kind of broken...

Basically moved somewhere and I have nobody here so it's boring living alone now...

Work is good
Life isn't bad either but just boring from loniness

>like fishing or car restoration or some shit
What's hilarious is I actually did build a muscle car before and I'm a car guy

But making friends after 30 is just odd and I don't even know where or how anymore

What path though, that's a nice progression even with hard work.

As mentioned, community hobbies are best way to meet people.
Try to find one that seems like it could be vaguely interesting, try it, if it's not for your try another.

Ren fairs are big in the states, have a big community and include a wide spread of interests (from homebrew to music to weaponry).
Hence the suggestion.

You make it sound easy

Only reason you're "talking" to me is because you don't know me.

I get treated like shit.by everyone I meet.

Basically I don't know anymore. I'm not meant for friends.and I do my.own thing..

How did we all make friends in school? Proximity

We tend to make friends with the people we get stuck next to on a regular basis. You just need to develop a routine that brings you near people, the same people, several times a week

Not trying to make this sound like an excuse but I work remote from a home office and not much to do for me if I actually go to work...

I should probably step down in my position and find another company where I have to be in the office every day...

This position allows remote work and it's.preferred...

>watch Jordan Peterson
>decide to fight the Dragon in the underworld
>go to uni at 33
>fail miserably
I should just give up

What field?

Software engineering

Even if you were successful in software engineering, would you really want to spend the rest of your life working in an office?

Watch the movie Office Space and feel better about it.

Attached: officespace_14.jpg (962x619, 77K)

Was born. Survived. Am still alive. Life goin bretty gud.

last time
>24
>parents drop me off at a sober living bc alcoholic
>tell me "you don't have to stay here, but you're never sleeping in our house again"
>fug.png
>spend over a year there, cleaning up, doing AA, getting a job and working
>house is kinda cult-ish, way more than AA could ever dream
>eventually kicked out because they wanted me to move to a different state and I refused
>spend a month sleeping in car, still going to work
>shower at sober friend's place thrice a week
>eventually get enough to move into a room with roommates.
>had no bed, desk, or anything for the first month
>slept on the fucking floor until I could afford a mattress from Goodwill

Today
>28
>living in a different state
>started drinking again
>I'm drunk outside work
>at work I'm hungover
>weekends I get fucking trashed
>Sunday is the only day I don't drink because I'm recovering from Saturday
>every day is painful hangovers all day until I can drink again
>headaches, shakes, the works
>need to get sober again
>AA worked for me in the past, but I'm so bitter at their spiritual shit again
>even though it worked for me once, for years
>have the medicine but refuse to take it

Fuuuck

I tried to do a 6 month IT course to get a career. Failed and spent the next 5 months jobless and aimless.

You might be right, but what was he going to do? If you love someone you will wait for them.

I too have had my heart broken from a LDR Italian girl. I feel for you and I love you

fades away every day, but then it comes back after i read my personal journal