I really need some Jow Forums on this one

I really need some Jow Forums on this one...

I've been in a relationship for several years now with a great girl. We get along really well.

Recently, my friend started dating someone new, and shortly thereafter she told me that she has feelings for me.

New girl and I have been talking for months now, sexting, really intimate conversations. I have feelings for her too.

What is this situation/what the fuck do I do? Details will be provided as necessary.

Attached: 1524557336713.jpg (750x848, 85K)

New always appears better. If you have a good girl stop being unfaithful. This new girl already knows you're basically willing to cheat with her. How well do you think that relationship would go with her knowing you're untrustworthy?

I've actually talked about that with new girl. She says she feels guilty about everything too but she can't help the way she feels about me. Basically we said that we couldn't choose the circumstances under which we met, but all things considered we're still happy we did.

On a related note, neither of us is sure what to do next. We're both in the process of deciding between each other and current relationship.

Stop being a shitbag that cheats on his gf of SEVERAL years

Yeah, I've considered that too. It's not like I don't feel like a shitbag.

I'm thinking about leaving her, user. I just never had this much chemistry with current relationship. Even if things don't work with new girl, I feel like I want to find someone who makes me feel like she does. I just didn't even know that was a thing until now.

break up with her

be a man then, break up with her. she doesn't deserve to be cheated on.

That's probably what I'll do I guess :/

...on the other hand, what if I'm just being stupid? What if I just got bored and caught up in the moment and I throw away a good thing for no reason?

And what about new girl? If I end it with current, should I pursue her or just try to figure my own shit out?

you are being stupid and you already have thrown away a good thing

leave the new girl out of it. if you dont love your current gf then end it with her.

if you do decide to end it with her then wait a bit, dont just pursue the new girl. give yourself time to heal and grow from the breakup

I haven't yet though because she doesn't know. I'm being a shitbag, remember?

This is probably the most realistic thing to do, but easier said than done. I'm sad.

bullshit you haven't. you let some dumb whore come between you and your girl. you've been sexting her for months and growing intimate all while hiding it from and lying to your girl. you aren't being a shitbag, you are a shitbag. how many times have you fucked your gf while thinking about the whore? how many times have you fucked her specifically because you wanted to fuck the whore? how many times did you tell the whore she'd be who you were thinking of while you fucked your girl? break up with her already so you can finish monkey branching to the whore. you two cunts deserve each other and your respective partners deserve to be rid of you asap. you selfish niggers are wasting time of theirs that they can't ever get back.

this

Anyone who really thinks that you need to have a dick in a vagina to "cheat" is full of shit.

I've also been this person. Sadly the insecurities that make you do this in the first place don't go away quickly, but you can recognize it for what it is: depression. Depressed people will take the shortest route to feel better, and for some it's these kind of "relationships."

I hope she figures it out and dumps your ass. But enjoy your unstable relationships.

Your friend will never forget this trespass. Get out while you can, lest you destroy two relationships that have been good to you for years.

>I just didn't even know that was a thing until now.
Good for you. Now break up with her because you're doing your years of relationship a severe disservice by emotionally cheating with this other woman. Your current girlfriend does not deserve it.

Had to look up what monkey branching was. Thanks for the honest reply. It's not quite as black and white as you made it sound, but I think you would have made the same point regardless.

Yeah, I agree completely. There's a lot that came into play here, I think current girl was a big part of the problem too.

I know in the OP I said we get along well, which is true, but a lot has changed recently (before this shit all started) and it's been rough.

This would be a nice option too. Sometimes I feel like I haven't gone past the point of no return and could just fix everything.

I know. It's complicated but I'm really not going about things in a good way. That's why I'm here I guess.

>It's not quite as black and white
it never is. fact still remains that this is the situation you've now put yourself in.

talk it out. what's changed recently with current girl?

We moved recently for what's basically going to be my job. She found a new job to move with me, but she wasn't crazy about it. We knew it would be tough for a while but we made the decision together.

We've both just been more stressed out, had less time for each other, etc. I feel like I was able to attribute that to the situation, but she turned it into problems she saw in our relationship. Every time we talked it out she would feel better, but the same stuff would always resurface. I started feeling like she didn't understand me anymore, maybe even resented me for everything...

She's also had mood problems in the past that she took medication for, but she stopped that right before we moved. We talked about her maybe going back on the meds, but we kind of just dropped the subject after a while.

I don't know. So much of it felt situational, like if we just got through the slump it would all be okay. I still feel like that, to an extent. On the other hand, maybe we just don't work anymore. I'm in my mid-twenties. I don't want to be too specific but my job is going to be a huge part of my life. Maybe the same girl that was a great partner for so many years just isn't the right person for my future.

Every relationship goes through tough phases, especially after changes on the routine, if its not moving to another place, its marrying, or having kids, both of you have to be willing to work things out and have patience with each other.

That's why I'm not in a relationship as of right now and I'm sure as hell I'm glad I never dated anyone and took them seriously, what for? Like I said and always believed this since I was in hs, with the global population as it is breakups will happen to most people out there at least once. I might try dating seriously in the future as in having strong feelings for someone but not until I'm sure I know what I want at that point.

She's definitely willing to work things out. We both are. It's just been so difficult recently. A big part of me doesn't want to give up on her, I'm just conflicted.

Of course, everything I said just now would be true even if new girl didn't exist. That just adds a whole other layer to it. It's either terrible or really good timing, and I guess that's the meat of my situation: rough times with long-term partner + potential new partner. Nothing too unusual.

I feel like that's fair. Then again, I felt like I knew what I wanted but things can and usually will change.

Not dating seriously until you have strong feelings for someone is definitely a good call, though. You shouldn't be in a relationship just to be in a relationship.

You sound really selfish dude, you have a girl that even with her medical problems made a big decision to support you, and is willing to works things out, but instead you find escapism through emotionally cheating on her.

Do her a favor and dump her, you're wasting this girls time, the world doesn't revolve around you.

You're really just coming off as a piece of shit in this thread. You keep trying to justify what you're doing and you sound like you don't want to put the effort in that she is.

If you want to bounce because you're going through some tough times and you don't want to accept responsibility for your actions, do it. There is no excuse to keep putting off having a talk with her about this but your own cowardice and ego.

Ultimatum time: either drop your faithful, long-term girl or stick with her. By doing what you're doing you're being shitty to both girls

You already ruined your relationship with your current girlfriend by emotionally cheating on her and sexting with that other girl.

Don't bother doing a bunch of mental gymnastics to try to make it seem like that's not the case, because it is. You've sullied it already and she has no idea. How do you think she feels? Based on everything you've said here, you don't care past what everyone else is going to think. You have fucked up irrevocably at this point.

Good job letting your boner fuck things up. These sorts of situations tend to make one think everything is okay because their judgment is so clouded by their libido and their fantasies that they can't see what's good right in front of their own face.

If she's already dating your friend she's just waiting for you to botch your current relationship. Shes just an ego whore who wants messed up satisfaction from pulling you away from your current girl. Once you break up and try to date the new girl you'll either only last a few months if that, or she won't even break up with your friend and will say she changed her mind. Leaving you without a girl anf without your pal. Basically she just looking to bone you (not sexually) for her own ego boost but won't actually act it. Girls are fucked like that. I'd drop her like a hot potato and really take a week to think about your feeling with current gf

Maybe, except that I'm the one who's been supporting her through her medical problems for multiple years. Do you have any idea how many times I stayed up all night trying to comfort her? How many times I stayed up all night searching for her because she ran off and was completely out of contact with anyone? How many times she told me she hated me, then hated herself for saying it? I'm doing my best, but it gets hard after a while. I feel like we wouldn't be in this situation if she kept taking her meds but she doesn't want to anymore.

It's been rough recently. It's not entirely my fault, and it damn sure isn't because I'm not willing to put in effort.

This is also most likely the case. I'm actually struggling with my current relationship, new girl just can't decide between two guys. I got this piece of advice a while back when all of this was starting out. I just got myself in too deep, like a total fuck.

You need to talk to your current girl, about everything you think is straining the relationship. I think the reason you've started liking this new girl is because you're not content with your current relationship. You're looking for something new. But you can't garuntee things will be better with the new girl. You got with your current gf because you must love her, and the move and all the changes has taken its toll on things. But she does not deserve to be cheated on or abandoned because you have had a change of heart.

You need to have a long talk with your girl and try to salvage things. Don't just throw it all away. She's been through a lot for you, you'll ruin her life if you just ditch her now.

Try and save your relationship. Seek counciling or something, and if after you can honestly say you've tried everything you can to save the relationship, end it, but do it respectfully and don't just dump it on her.

And don't just run off with the new girl after, take some time to think about things. And tell her if she's serious about liking you she needs to leave your friend and think about things too. For all you know, she could be a bit of a whore and not serious at all. And you don't want to ruin your friendship.

Tread carefully user. Think before you do anything.

I don't know if that was what I wanted to hear or what I needed to hear. You're right, and I feel like doing anything else right now would end up being something I regret in the future. There's so much more I could say, but based on your response, I feel like you know it all already.

Thank you.

>she could be a bit of a whore
I guess you skipped the part where he states that she is his friend's gf, don't fool yourself, op has no good intentions.

Don't thank me, the greatest thanks you could give me is doing what's best for you, your girl and everyone else.

I wish all the best for you and your girl and hope things get better for you all.