"Just fix your life."

Anybody else fucking tired of hearing advice from others like, "just fix yourself", "just eat clean", "go out", "hit the gym"...yeah, I would love to do all these things but I can't fucking find the motivation to. The cherry on top is, "just do x... it's that easy". Really? Wow, thanks- I never knew that!

Attached: 1503434253251.png (600x600, 466K)

>but I can't fucking find the motivation
oh your motivation stop you from doing things? you don't deserve help, you are just a dumb fuck that wants to stay comfy and blame everything on something instead of your own lazy ass

grow the fuck up you wuzz

sage

kys... You know nothing about me but you sure assume a lot.

The literal state of this website.

This user is right, if life is too hard, do the world a favor and kill yourself OP.

Projecting

How would he be doing the world a favor by killing himself?

>I would love to do all these things but I can't fucking find the motivation to
Cry me a fucking river. How hard is it to eat a salad instead of a hamburger? How hard is it to clean your room? How hard is it to do simple workouts at home?

You're a lazy cunt. That's the problem.

Nobody will hear is whinings anymore.

I know a lot about you just by reading your degenerate post.
>your tips are shit
>you don't understand shit
>everything is wrong
>the world and life has to revolve around me and not me around it
>i demand you to spoonfeed me solutions!!!!!

You are just pathetic, like your excuses.

Imagine being this retarded.
Yeah, it's just laziness. You got me! Every depressed person that lacks motivation is just lazy.

If you aren't motivated then all that means is that you want to do nothing more than you want to do something
That's your value system and nothing can change it short of someone else directly intervening in your life

If you are so motivated and woke, what the fuck are you doing on Jow Forums? Go on... I'll let you explain.

Attached: 32529418460_167c364407_c.jpg (635x800, 159K)

>Ask for advice
>Get some
>"I don't feel like doing that"

>If you can't do what I do easily, you're a lazy cunt

I'm diagnosed with depression yet I still make myself do all that shit. So yeah, you're a lazy cunt. Get off your ass and make yourself do it.

What is it that you can't do?
>quads like gods

It's not being able to bring yourself to do it, rather than chosing not to do it. It's a lack of willpower. It's strange that I even need to point out the difference to you.

Look man don't take the other responses too hard they probably have their own issues, some might even be in the same trouble you are

The advice I'd give is build up to it, try doing at least 1 productive thing a day and if you feel down about not being producytive then crank up your favorite playlist and do something productive no matter how small right away to fight it off

Once you did this for a while try getting a ritual in your life for one night every week, be it a sport you go to or maybe a game night or something to start some interaction

Note that you might feel bad for not communicating with the others the first time but don't worry once you appear there weekly people will try to approach and involve you but obviously you need to show effort towards that kinda activity you join

Godspeed user!

You're just lazy, dude.

>OMG I had such a bad week
>I'm depressed
Fuck off. You likely don't have the slightest idea what depression is.

So you're weak-willed how is that anyone's fault but your own?

Imagine being this pathetic to samefag just so you can damage control your own pathetic thread and your lazy excuses

Because i've been visiting this site for over 10 years and it's the one community where i can curse without having to start an argument with mods. And currently i have some spare time at work

You just admitted that you are retarded as said advice of "get on with it" doesn't work for everybody.

Sure thing. You give shitty advice for being here for 10 years. Looks like you wasted a lot of time.

>NO! I'M THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD WHO STRUGGLES WITH THIS EXTREMELY COMMON DISORDER!!!!

Fuck off, mate. You say you want help, but you clearly don't. Lazy fucking cunt.

Anybody that just magicslly wills themselves out of depression is not depressed or is just mildly experiencing what depression is like.

You don't will yourself out of depression. You make yourself do small tasks to improve your quality of life. So I'll ask you again: How hard is it to eat a salad instead of a hamburger? How hard is it to clean your room? How hard is it to do simple workouts at home? How hard is it to stop making excuses for yourself?

I've started browsing Jow Forums for less than half a year and it's a board that i can browse during work.

Also: Nice damage control kid, your anger just proves me right. Everyone is wrong but you, classic.

still saging your garbage thread btw

You cant eat a little better? You too afraid to go to the gym then run outside. Too afraid to go out then go somewhere quiet where you can train alone. You dont just fix these things OP it takes time. You have to do it in steps and gradually expose yourself despite the discomfort.

What the fuck do you want then? Like honestly people trying to help you but you can't help yourself

why do you think eating better or cleaning your bedsheets can magically cure depression? Depression stems from loneliness, well at least for r9k lurkers like OP and If It was as easy to fix like you say then It wouldn't be an epidemic which literally kills people

These things don't cure depression but they allow you to get used to doing things that are beneficial to you. To get rid of depression you have to do 1 of two things, achieve all of your goals or settle for less and really settle for it mentally. Accept your reality. When you do, you can try to climb up the ladder but it's not going to be easy if you have to do it alone. There are people everywhere, to met them you have to go out and get involved in things that require interaction between people. The only thing that will stop you from interacting at this point is your own insecurity and fear.

Whoops, must suck being less than a man. True kekoldry. I'll see you in a "pls help me commit suicide" thread month from now. Protip: you won't kill yourself, either!

Attached: smug Aisha.png (597x449, 343K)

>I can't fucking find the motivation to
Then what's the fucking problem? If you actually wanted to fix anything, that'd be your motivation right there. You don't want to. You apparently think everything is fine the way it is. Keep on trucking.

>but I can't find the fucking motivation to
And neither can we, that's your responsibility to do that. Eating healthy is the easiest because you have to eat anyways, just sub the burger for whatever the fuck healthy option you want. I never have motivation but I do it because I envision myself in the future as not a fat piece of shit, so I do it whether I like it or not. It's partly discipline, which if not instilled when you're young is hard to instill when you're an adult. Grow a pair and just do it, because nobody but you can make the change. You're also shooting down the truth from other user and becoming hostile over it, which I can understand your lack of motivation. Petulant children don't have motivation or discipline.

I understand your point but there are no clubs or anything of its kind where I live. So how do I approach new people, just say Hi on facebook? Wouldn't that be too creepy don't ya think

>calls someone out on not being a man
>uploads anime picture

So, basically, if you were not a disciplined child, you're fucked?

No places for community service either? You live in a rural place in Murica or another part of the world?

OP here... Fuck outta here with your community service. Sometimes getting out of bed is a struggle.

Just kill yourself OP, noone will miss a lazy cntp

It's expect from regular people but I hate going to online boards where you think you'll be among guys with similar problems and a similar mentality and you hear the same banalities instead. Even worse when they add the whole tough love/life is hard attitude they saw in a movie.

I never give advice unless I have practical, tested shit to offer.

Great advice, retard.

Then let me put it this way OP, why are you depressed? What about your problem eats away at your mind every passing day?

I'm also diagnosed with depression, and much, much worse. That excuse only goes so far. Even if you don't have the motivation, follow the damn tips. The motivation will come naturally.
Literally no one can fix a situation but yourself.

I live In a 2nd world ex communist shithole. The amount of soulless worker-class shitheads Is Insane. The culture doesn't help either, It Is quite discouraged to make friends with strangers here :/

What have we learned today?
If you are depressed, people on the "Advice" board will simply say you're lazy, and some will suggest that you kill yourself.

Never change, Jow Forums

"Clinical " depression is just another buzzword that phsyciatrists came up with to take your money and shove pills down your throat.
One day you get tired of using it as an excuse. When that day comes you will take action naturally.

Nah bro, not if you take a step back and see your shortcomings.

Hmmmm, that may in part explain your attitude to some extent. Have you considered moving somewhere else or have any dreams?

>The motivation will come naturally
And how are you supposed to survive (psychologically speaking) until such time, considering that you will be adding the mental fatigue of self-sacrifice ( especially long-term) to the already fragile psyche?

Excuse my question, but how is seeing your own shortcomings going to help you in sustaining the pain of effort and discipline?

Just what everyone else is saying. Small steps. It won't kill you to make your bed every morning. It doesn't sound like a big deal, but that small shit really adds up and helps your mental state.
I've struggled with depression for years. I am diagnosed bipolar-schizoaffective. I'm currently going through a divorce and having my daughter taken from me. I have multiple suicide attempts under my belt. Including one while I was on the job and ended up in the hospital after drinking pesticide.
A wake up call will happen sooner or later. Yeah, chemical imbalances suck ass. But you have to want to find a way to be on top of it.

Even if it seems fake and plastic at first. It may seem the whole world is against you at times, but I promise it's not.

First off it's not exactly pain. Sounds like you could use a bit of a perspective change. What's your living condition like? Job/living area/ family situation?

The secret to being functional with depression is learning to carry yourself like an automaton. Seriously, read about habits and the science of habits, read the abstract/conclusion of scientific studies and books about them, and try to implement some of those techniques and insights into your life.

You train your subconscious like you'd train an animal. Repetition, being careful about what triggers your reward system, habit, systems. It's instinct. Fighters who train a certain move enough times embed them in the subconscious, and then they do it without thinking. Once a routine is executed enough times, you're doing without thinking as well, and although it's hard even for regular people to change a routine, you can do it by setting the outlines and slowly filling in the details. If you're supposed to read and study between 7 and 9, start by keeping yourself away from the computer and other distractions during this period, if you're supposed to go to the gym on tuesdays, start by getting into your gym clothes and going for a walk, doing some push-ups, simple shit, but routinely. Once it becomes habit, to the point where you're doing it without really thinking, you take steps towards more elaborate shit.

The secret is quantity not quality, focus on everyday repetition and never tire yourself. Remember that South Park episode where they play WOW and for some reason they can't do the normal quests, so they just go into the wilderness and kill low-level boars all day? That's what you're supposed to be doing, killing boars in the forest, it's easy but you do it every day and you'll move up towards better things eventually.

If OTHER PEOPLE HAVE DONE IT, THEN IT IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE

>Job
Currently helping in the management of a holiday home in my city (I help with cleanups, take care of check-ins). It's not a full time job, and we don't know how long it's going to last (the house is for sale in the meantime, and there's no telling when they'll find a buyer).
>Living area
I live in a pretty quiet area in the outskirts. Don't really go out much though.
>Family
I've been living with my mother for the last 13 years, ever since my parents got divorced because my father is a gigantic asshole. Having a sensitive disposition, I responded poorly to my father's obsessive way of raising me, and broke under the pressure: from a quiet kid, I became a psychopath at the age of 2. Problematic child, didn't know how to relate to others, extremely shy and afraid of failure and rejection, no real friends, even animal abuse a couple times.
Mom was lenient as a way of compensating for my father's strictness, and tried to have me not face problems, while I was outright afraid of my father at one point.
I also have an older sister, who I kinda resent for being somewhat successful.

Does your sibling care about you despite being successful? I've seen siblings that can't stand each other but sometimes it amounts to communication issues, I've also seen siblings that are pretty close.

>Does your sibling care about you?
I believe she does. It's just that I'm a jealous, envious asshole that lets his own bitterness get the better of himself, so at times I'm kinda cold towards her.

This advice is given because most young guys with problems legitimately do nothing at all to solve them so if you say "just try" you know you'll never have to face up to that fact that there's more to it than that because they won't get off their asses to prove it to you.

That's terrible, my family was broken because most members were a bunch of hillbillies from the rural parts of my country and parents were savages and didn't know how to raise children. When you grow up in poverty and your parents ignore you what can end up happening is you turn to materialism for self worth and that's what ended up happening to some of them. It got to he point where they all envied each other to death. They became delusional and very close to becoming schizos and developed a habit of accusing other members of envying a fu*king table for fu*ks sake. That's how far they took this. It kept going on for the next couple of generations, fast forward and I'm born into this fu*ked up family and had to put up with it during my childhood. Now I'm only one of the few in this generation that hasn't been corrupted by this poison and can save my bloodline but sometimes I feel it's not worth it. If I carry this bs in my genes it's better I let it die off. The good thing is very few of the successors of these people have bred. They might have realized what I have by now and are on the fence about it.

My point with this story, don't let envy destroy your family.

I see a lot of people with this issue and I’ve had this issue myself and I think there’s a high profit chance in making a boot camp for nets that builds their habits with a tough but fair drill instructor

Sorta like the army but it prepares you for life instead of war

What do you guys think?

You'd have people quitting like it's going out of style.

Then shrivel and die, nigger. No one gives a fuck
Or did you think I show up to work everyday on time, do monotonous housework, shower daily, go to bed at a reasonable hour every damn day because it's fun for me? Sink or swim, live or die; we don't care. Just shut the fuck up

Contract requires a large cash deposit that will be forfeited if they quit before 3 weeks

This is why my advice is always, you'll fix yourself when you want to. Can't save a lazy fuck, they have to do it themselves.

>so if you say "just try" you know you'll never have to face up to that fact that there's more to it than that
"Just try" is the best advice if you have to ask me. At the risk of sounding cliche this type of change has to come from within. Starting simple like maintaining a healthy sleep schedule, diet, and exercising regularly brings pride and confidence to make more steps in taking your life back.
I just drove across town solo for the first time in my life today, I'm fucking 25! It's not something I would've been able to handle were I sucking down cigarettes back to back, being totally asocial, living in a sty, and living on 4 hours of sleep a night.

How you live affects how you feel; if you live like a loser shut-in fearing the outside world you'll probably start feeling like one.

Same, shitty generic advice. Let me guess- your parents hit you as a child? And look...it was for nothing...you are on Jow Forums.

It's not bad advice but it's not sufficient for many things and we can do a lot better, but Jow Forums basically either tells you to jUSt bE YoUrselF or calls you a sad faggot who should die

And same wallowing response
Waaah, your life is so hard; you're the only one with struggles and rough days. Blah, blah, blah, fucking blah. There are over 7 billion people in the world do you not realize how infantile that mentality is? Seriously, if you hate life go kill yourself; it's really easy provided you're not as inept at death as you are at life.

But no, we both know who you are; the type of person to sit and complain but too scared to actually do something.

but Jow Forums basically either tells you to jUSt bE YoUrselF or calls you a sad faggot who should die
Just be yourself = just do the shit the rest of us do that clearly works
calls you a sad faggot who should die = literally no one needs to here how rough you have it due to problems of our own. learn to deal or kys

Not only is your advice lazy and bad but you also sound like a terrible person.

"Just deal with it" is shitty advice.

"Just deal with it" is literally what we're all doing
There is no magic formula to life where suddenly everything makes sense and existence is filled with purpose.

You're a feckless child; you might see someday if you pull your head out of your ass long enough.

Bullshit. Seek Jesus and it will all make sense.

ready for this? "stop complaining, fix your life"