NEETbux

I'm just wondering, how'd you anons ration/spend your money? How much do you get?

I've finally applied for Universal Credit since I'm down to my last 500 from my old job. I think I'm going to get 200-odd a month, and it's not really much considering food, clothes, travelling to interviews etc.

To save money on food I just buy those 1 pound chicken shop meals, which I don't think is going to be good in the long run for my health.

Attached: 5JKM[1].gif (500x271, 437K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.mrmoneymustache.com/
earlyretirementextreme.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i get 800 from both ssi and the state, but i have a legit disability and probably wont be able to work normal 9-5 jobs for my entire life
i spend 400 on rent since i live with my parent, i usually spend the rest on groceries or have to cough up some money for my s/o when he needs it
rest stays in the bank until emergencies or if i just need clothes or something

also shop at aldis or something you poor fuck :3

Attached: IMG_0738.jpg (601x495, 52K)

>also shop at aldis or something you poor fuck :3
I bought at bunch of tinned fruits and vegetables at Lidls. I got depressed opening a tin of sliced carrots.

>clothes
Non-issue, you really don't need to buy clothes all that often and you can thrift.
>travelling
Get a bus pass.
>food
You are doing it right, meats can be cheap, another very cheap source are cheeses and pasta/rice. Do NOT buy vegetables or fruit as even though they may be cheap per unit, they offer almost zero nutrition.

Get a big bag of dried black beans. Cheap and healthy

>Get a bus pass.
You know how much a buss pass costs dude? It's extortionate.

>Non-issue, you really don't need to buy clothes all that often and you can thrift.
I was think more in terms of jackets and shoes. I only have one of each and they're several years old and falling apart. One shoe makes squeaking noise every time I take a step with it. Buying a cheap pair of shoes is not good economy, they fall apart in a day literally.

>Do NOT buy vegetables or fruit
I think I'm going to ignore your post.

Have you looked for tips on the MMM forums? Probably lots of good tips there.

>tinned
Fuck off until you can handle the fresh.

I lived off of kidney beans and rice for a lot of my university timeframe.

>MMM forums
Dedicated forums for living off benefits?

As a NEET, I'm surprised you haven't heard of MMM. Here's the link to the forums.

forum.mrmoneymustache.com/

Lots of stuff in there for frugal living.

>As a NEET, I'm surprised you haven't heard of MMM.
Well, I had a wageslave job 5 months back and never really spent much since I don't really go out.

I get enough to afford basic necessities, cook my meals and I get a little extra that's barely enough to buy junk food or do something fun twice a month (but I spend it on junk food)
If I need something else I have to ask my family for money to buy it
It's pretty fucking miserable, every day is exactly the same and has been for years and I feel like I'm just wasting time waiting
Sometimes I feel so awful I want to go to sleep at 4 pm but then I realize that nothing will change when I wake up because I don't have days I have an endless stream of nothing
The best thing in my life is when someone uploads a cool video on YouTube or Monday twice a month whenn I get more money and I can afford junk food for a couple days again
In some ways I'm glad I get so little money because it means I get a second thing to look forwards too, if I had enough money to afford every stupid thing I want I would get so depressed I would stop getting out of bed

Being on the dole is soul-destroying while being a wageslave is soul-crushing.

at least wageslaves get basic human interaction and a reason to get out of bed in the morning
but even if i got a job i would end up exactly the same after a couple months

>at least wageslaves get basic human interaction
Yeah, aside from my parents and the homeless lunatic that begs for money near where I get my junk food from, I don't think I've talked to anyone in 5 months.

5 months is nothing, im pretty sure i have gone for over a year without any non online interactions at least once and i mean none

as a non-neet, outside of work, buying things in stores, and my relatives, I haven't had any face-to-face interactions in about five years

yeah, thats how life is for neets but by no interaction i meant not speaking for a year

desu if youre really cheap just get frozen veggies, canned veggies taste soggy imo
i like to get fresh fruit and veggies if im cooking from scratch, worth coughing up extra and tastes better and when you cook it can last you a week if you store it right

Attached: cover.jpg (1668x1647, 831K)

>is nothing
Not really a competition.

Yeah, well even work interactions were something when I had a job.

>Yeah, well even work interactions were something when I had a job.
it is a pretty poor substitute when you know saying the wrong thing or talking about your hobbies will have you losing everything

>it is a pretty poor substitute
Yeah, but the alternative is nothing.

>you know saying the wrong thing
Not really that hard.

>or talking about your hobbies will have you losing everything
Anime and vidya are mainstream, unless your hobbies are serial killings or something insane.

if you've never worked in an office at a mid to large sized company I don't think you fully realize just what it is like. The average age at that company was about 32, and most either had never seen a japanese cartoon or assembled a plastic model in their life or else would never admit to it. Any video game that wasn't triple-a was considered weird and obscure. If a person liked a traditional sport that wasn't MMA, cricket, or american football and others found out about it they were humiliated on public channels.

>if you've never worked in an office at a mid to large sized company I don't think you fully realize just what it is like
Ah, well I was a wageslave at a supermarket, so a constant rotating staff of *relatively* (massive emphasis on relatively) varied people.

working in an office enabled me to move out and pay my own bills but sometimes I feel like I am not a real person and I'm actually some kind of human machine who malfunctions and feels loneliness from time to time, but should really just get back to work

What are quick simple cheap recipes on a stupidly low budget?

The only one I can think of is that shepherd's pie recipe made with mince, ketchup, worchester sauce and everyday value mash potato.

>working in an office enabled me to move out and pay my own bills but sometimes I feel like I am not a real person
Appreciate the little victories. I still live with my parents and I'm almost 30. Every day is the same and I'm so demotivated in looking for a job.

3 cans of peas
2 pounds of potatoes
large onion
4 cloves of garlic
4-6 cups of chicken stock
3 ounces of bacon
shredded cheese
salt, pepper, cumin
if you have some other herbs and spices such as thyme, oregano, chilli powder, paprika, etc you cann also add some, its kind of hard to fuck this up
in a large pot drissle some oil and cook the bacon over low until most of the fat is redered out
add the chopped onion and cook until brown, add the minced garlic, cook until it smells then add your spices
add 4 cups of chicken stock, wash and dice your potatoes, boiled until cooked
open your peas , discard the liquid, add them to the pot
blend using immersion blender
add the cheese while you blend
the consistency should be a watery mashed potates, if its too thick (and it will be) keep adding chicken stock and blending
let it simmer for at least half an hour while mixing ocationally so nothing burns in the bottom
taste and adjust the spices
it makes around 16 bowls of soup, you can freeze it pretty much forever it makes a great lunch with some bread rolls (you can freeze those too) or breakfast, its cheap as fuck.

I'll note this down I guess.

depending on what your budget is and what tools you have available, and how much you are willing to practice

>soups
vegetables and occasional meats go a lot further if they are made into a soup. Boil them for a long time and drink the water instead of dumping it out.

>most anything flour based, like tortillas, dumplings, bread, noodles
very cheap if you can make them by hand. a 99 cent bag of flour makes a LOT more tortillas than you would get in a 6 dollar bag. Mix flour and water to make a dough and drop handlefuls of it into some boiling water (or broth if you have it) for some cheap and easy dumplings. Dumplings are also a great way to add some bulk to a soup.

>certain meats
sometimes grocery stores will sell bulk meat for really low. Just the other week I got beef for 2.99 USD a pound. It helps if you have a freezer to store the extra meat. You also need a way to prepare the meat which not everyone has.

>bulk ramen
pretty miserable stuff, but 0.25 USD per meal is generally as cheap as it gets when you have almost nothing. Can be eaten raw if you have no way to prepare it.

>beans
a lot of work to cook but very cheap and high in nutrients

>rice
from the right markets you can get really big bags of rice for not a lot of money that can last maybe a hundred meals if you control your portions. Rice and beans doesn't excite anyone, but it will keep you alive.

you should go to the supermarket and check out whats cheap, especially in the meats section
chicken thighs tend to be pretty cheap, so are the bad cuts of pork that you can marinate or bake on low to make pulled pork and cheap meat you can buy for stew
eatung cheap is not about the recipes you know its about the things you buy, you need to know your meal budget and then figure out what you can afford, mayb you are lucky and live in an area with cheap fish or cheap fruits and vegetables

there are different levels of cheap. If a person doesn't have a stove or refrigerator, it changes what they can buy and eat significantly

It's a really good site. You might also like this one:

earlyretirementextreme.com/

ERE is a bit different than MMM, it's emphasis is not just on frugal living, but real-deal, down-to-the-bone living to speed the financial growth to it's maximum. So, if you're looking for the very most frugal living, that's where you'll want to go.

you dont need a stove, you can buy a cheap hotplate, a bad one is a nightmare to cook with but it will get the job done
if you dont have a refigerator that limits you to only things you can inmediately eat, the best advice i can give someone without one is to only eat every other day and to cook everything in the morning so he doesnt end up wasting any food
you cant be all that frugal without a fridge

>America

People at work used to take holidays to the US and they'd usually mention the ridiculously large portion sizes of their fast food places. Apparently your small is our large.

Guess that's why there's so many fat people over there.

>Guess that's why there's so many fat people over there.
Also, the government subsidies are all out of whack, which leads to high-calorie low-nutrition food being way cheaper than anything else. That combined with increasing levels of poverty lead to obesity.

Has anyone tried group therapy?
There are a lot of good for nothing neets like me around so it stands to reason that there would be group therapy for us

I think you have to seek them out.

I have a tin of spinach purée, what can I do with that?

get schizo bucks
tell crazy stories about urself to the doc
tell him u cant work cause collegues are plotting against you chemtrails flouride illuminati

No idea if that works in the UK, and I kinda want to get a job, I just wonder if the jobcentre is gonna be of help.