Millenial Housing Crisis Engulfs Britain

>Home ownership among young families has plummeted across every corner of Britain over the past 35 years, according to a devastating inquiry into the housing crisis facing millennials.

>Ownership among 25- to 34-year-olds has plummeted in Greater Manchester from 53% in 1984 to 26% last year. It has fallen from 54% to 25% in south Yorkshire, from 45% to 20% in the West Midlands, from 50% to 28% in Wales and from 55% to 27% in the south-east. In outer London, the proportion has collapsed from 53% to just 16%. Out of 22 regions analysed by the commission, in only one – Strathclyde in Scotland – has home ownership among the young remained stable. It stood at 32% in 1984 and 33% last year, having peaked at 45% in 2002.

theguardian.com/society/2018/apr/28/proportion-home-owners-halves-millennials

Why ain't you a homeowner yet lads?

Attached: engulgs.jpg (666x271, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4xn9jLy_TB4
bbc.co.uk/news/business-46454844
youtube.com/watch?v=mbEZOIy_M9A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

On my second home, dropped out of uni to become a tradie and now I out earn the vast majority of my friends who are saddled with huge student loans.

Plasterers are raking it in at the moment. Builders just can't get them, especially competent ones, so they will pay through the nose for them.

Millenials are just too stubborn, too up themselves to do the job. Perhaps that's partly because they've been suckered into the university meme.

I know people with degrees and their careers will top out at about £35k a year. I turn jobs down for that, that's a minimum wage for a trade now.

Whilst thousands of students are wasting 3 or 4 good years on a degree with no guarantee of work a tradesman can be earning from the minute they start. Save up a nice deposit and get on the housing ladder.

Use your contacts and you can buy a cheap home to do up and sell for profit

>go on Zillow and look up houses near my $700/month apartment where I have more room than I need, reasonably quiet neighbors, don't have to pay for any maintenance, and someone else clears snow and mows the lawn
>$190,000 for a meh looking house next door to a convicted attempted rapist
>$28,000 for a mobile home with barely more sq ft than my apartment
>$235,000 for a tiny but actually nice house in the nicer neighborhood on the other side of the interstate

Nah, I'm good. I'm not selling my soul into debt slavery just for a lawn.

>Why ain't you a homeowner yet lads?

Here and Canada everybody is waiting for the bubble to burst.

This only a fool would buy right now.

>that's a minimum wage for a trade now.

Obviously untrue, but thanks for posting.

Anons in all white nations are waiting for this. I wouldn't get my hopes up mate.

Spain has almost 1/3 of total empty homes in the EU.
In my town there are 4000 empty homes from a total of 14000. Nobody is buying, just waiting to inherit.
Out of big cities, he current housing prices are delusional.

The Rothschilds/illuminati wanted it this way. This has always been a part of their plan. Don't give me that illuminati doesn't real bullshit either, Al.

Scotanon here

Working in Finance in Edinburgh. A house near the city is like £150k. A good one - I'm not talking about an apartment or a rotten semi detached benispalace.

The jobs in Edinburgh are a wee bit crap though. Anyways I'm making over £150k per year as I have given up the wagecuckery for contracting.

But.. I'm already 33 and I'm still saving to buy my first home as years of wagecuckery brought me only dents and ruin

What if the nice house was only $135k? Still too high or would you attempt a mortgage?

are you a tradesperson?

Carry on being a wage slave. OP is a fag

>too up themselves to do the job
they don't want to deal with fucking white van men

Attached: goal1536152777305.png (298x486, 36K)

You're doing great work user. I'm 27 and pulling myself together. I hope to reach your level by your age. Did you need college?

No some it/finance contracts. Mainly banking, risk, other rubbish

You earn £150k a year? Bloody hell.

Thanks I will.

None of this post is true, of course.

Thanks for lying on the internet.

i dont want to pay 30% tax on my bitcoin

Shit tier Uni but the education is free in Scotland so I've never had any student debts.

Still worked a whole decade for peanuts as permanent jobs pay like £25k which is barely enough to pay the bills and a modest accommodation

100,000 barratt homes next to ngubu, gamon son av a cheeky punt

Attached: 1523537326367.png (942x711, 64K)

Damn. I really need to sort my options and figure out the most reasonable way to get an education. I didn't hone my ability to study until well after highschool.

As an outsider I have to honestly say goalposting is the best thing to have come out of brit\pol\

[swig pint]
[smash him]
[belly bounce]

Attached: 1516835880357.webm (288x360, 672K)

Google the day rate of a credit risk contractor. It starts from something like £400 per day and you barely have downtime between contracts thanks to Brexits and the total impotency of permanent credit risk 'professionals'

Where's the anime version of this I need it for research purposes

get some down ya

Attached: 1537895743536.png (1366x768, 77K)

Why not do the mature thing and just sign up to a 50+ year mortgage for a cheeky little starter home like this in Birmingham (2011: 56% White British) lads?

Sometimes you just have to take it on the chin, roll your sleeves up and be grown up about it.

Attached: burmingman.png (686x799, 577K)

Attached: 1544214923500.png (2760x720, 185K)

Thank you fren I have never even seen this one

these are luxury homes on account of not sharing a paper-thin wall with the neighbours

Attached: brithousingarticle-2398714-1B647A2D000005DC-943_634x468.jpg (634x468, 91K)

what's the crime rate around there

Attached: 1533878211177.png (764x768, 76K)

Travel to Eastern Europe. As a British lad you'll enjoy great popularity among local ladies and the education and life is almost free. You can make some money there by literally teaching English and being British.

The education there is not worse than it is in crap tier Unis here. Also entrance exams for you will be non-existent.

My advice is something like Poland or Slovakia. If you like brunette pussy go to Romania / Bulgaria but it is not good there.

Germany has issues here. With all the imported unskilled cheap labor, the earnings of trades people have plummeted.
The house owner next door, is considering to close his company (something with construction) because he has problems with getting a good paid contract.

go on my son

Attached: british housing1542005917105.jpg (3500x2319, 706K)

>be tiny island with no space
>already be crowded
>important thousands of low skilled migrants
>act surprised when housing costs skyrocket
I'm surprised Britain hasn't had a civil war over this shit yet.

Why not just settle down in Slough (2011: 34% White British)?

Houses are cheap as chips there, perfect place to raise your daughters.

Attached: slough.png (686x696, 548K)

another friend of mine (30) is working as a electronics technician. He has issues finding a well paying job over €35k year.
First went to a German Ivy league university to study chemical engineering, which was torture, so I left for a laboratory trade.
But while I was a laboratory technician the greenhorn income was low, but after my second year left the company and earned 30k a year (left the company shortly after because those people where suckers). The 3rd job I got was then 40k a year, but I ditched it after half a year for my Engineering study, because I realized from my work field, that this job is much more fun.
Everyone I encountered in the companys i worked for told be to leave the job and study, because the the work conditions are getting worse and worse in the future with less and less pay, and with my intellect I was better of studying

Yep, low interest rates for a decade and Chinese investment.

youtube.com/watch?v=4xn9jLy_TB4

Attached: soft landing.jpg (890x489, 55K)

Home ownership is probably gonna be impossible before I'm like 40 lel. I'm gonna stay at home and save instead of renting though it's literally rape. Cheapest in my city for a proper scummy single bed flat is about £600/mo

I do Labouring during the summer break and am on about 60 a day usually for 6-7 hours. It's pretty decent

Which city?

Brighton

We were fucked by Blair and labour.
Benefits out paying minimum wage jobs led to a ton of immigration due to readily available low skilled low waged jobs and also the fact that the migrants could get on the Gibson train themselves. Seeing as they were homeless as they had just got off the boat, they took up all the social housing that would be destined for low income brits.

Compounded by the smarter ones living three family to the house until they had cash to buy more houses, by this time the original house has become available for them to buy which takes another house out of the pool of social housing available for everyone.

yes user it's all labour

To add.. During this time with the boom in gibs the government would pay the rent for privately rented accommodation means anyone with any cash were buying up the houses and filling them with migrants as it was guaranteed rent paid from the gibs. This in turn raised the price of renting as it was covered mostly by government gibs.

bump

the tories are still doing it, immigration is at record levels even today

>235k is a lot

You will always be poor if you think this

Yeah but then you have to live near Edinburgh, besides the castle that place sucks

thats crap mate, I'm a fast food driver that makes more than you.

What company do you work for? Or is it one restaurant?

>We were fucked by Blair and labour.

This is true. I remember the housing boom from the end of the 90's. After my dad got a divorce from his second wife his from 1999 has gone up 400%. It's a simple game of numbers here. You increase the population without increasing the houses built at the same level, you create increased demand in the market that inflates prices. We need to either build houses faster or reduce the population. The later is the only quick answer.

how much tax are you paying

>After my dad got a divorce from his second wife

Absolutely boomer.

whats guildford like lads? looking to move

looks boring and full of middle upper class old people who are mostly white, which is what i like

i sold at the top of the aussie property bubble so im cashed up but im sick of australia i wanna go somewhere where all the birds have funny accents and i can go outside for hours without getting sunburnt to fuck

Attached: 1519952948341.gif (332x332, 269K)

The housing market will collapse when we leave the EU and free movement ends, reducing immigration severalfold.
>Why ain't you a homeowner yet lads?
Why buy property now when it will be cheaper in the future?

bump

Tesco manager here, I work 60 hour weeks and only make £24k

>New homes 'crumbling due to weak mortar'

>Hundreds of new properties have been built using weak mortar that does not meet recommended industry standards, the Victoria Derbyshire show has found.

bbc.co.uk/news/business-46454844

How anyone would want to buy one of these piles of shit is beyond me, look how fucking small they are, usually miles from anywhere too, a housing estate built in the middle of nowhere for 300k each house.

Attached: cuntflaps.jpg (1300x1065, 200K)

>(((The Observer)))
>(((The Guardian)))
kys kike

150k a year and you havent managed to invest in a property yet... wtf kind of pathetic shit is that? What you spent all your money on buttplugs and meth binges?

Are you bongs still using based lathe and plaster in your homes?

I reno homes and resell them, and it's all gypsum sheetrock, tape, and compound. Easy and fast to work with and repair.

Usually plaster and lathe are in hundred year old houses and are ripped out for a remodel.

i work 24 hours a week in a petrol garage, and most if my time there is spent reading 40k books or on Jow Forums i spend the rest if my time with my kids or at the gym or getting my christian qt3.14 gf pregnant. the government pays for all my rent in a great area of 98% white Devon. don't listen to any other cunt about what you should do in life, do want you want fuck the Jews.

kek britbongs are really cucked

Trips of truth. And theyre still pumping in 200k+ immigrants per year, every year. At what point exactly do we have enough low skilled labour? We already have enough low skilled British labour anyway. Really gets the old noggin joggin. I wonder who could possibly benefit from an infinite pool of cheap labour? Who could possibly benefit from housing being so expensive that your average Brit is stuck renting thei whole life. All while 3rd world scum come fresh off the boat and are given housing and every other kid of gibs off the British taxpayers backs. Fucking disgusting the state of this country. I just want it all to collapse and burn.

self employed, deliveroo. The chinese students are getting their breakfast lunch and dinner on take out. easy £12-15 per hour.

Now Britain's not leaving the EU. We can keep shipping the immigrants in to force the house prices higher. That way we can sell cluck sheds for a hundred grand. Oh how the money rolls in.

We've got football, kebabs and reality TV shows, what more could you ask for?

Attached: 1544368921972.png (1364x1452, 272K)

A life?

Where abouts?

end immigration wages go up demand goes down
it's very easily remedied.

All by design. (((They))) don't want you to own private property because you can be their subject. You don't own anything to defend.

globalists have got the middle class convinced that they can get more from a pie by sharing it

It seems awful in the south but I got a house for not much in the north east.

Everyone has plaster here. Not sure about the stuff you use.

there's a resource shortage.
Marrakech today. I wonder if we've signed our sovereignty away yet

>use your contacts

is Jow Forums a contact?

I agree. As long as you're happy that's all that matters. If you can retain a girlfriend and raise kids on that money, then go for it. So many people work long hours, pursue career progression and fear infidelity or bankruptcy if they don't. I'm in a similar position to them, although I have neither a gf nor a high-maintenance lifestyle. Wondering more and more what the point is desu.

Why are they doing that? Are they rich or just autistic?

And how's deliveroo for job security? I see a lot of white guys working for them, some girls too.

Big fan of hapas
youtube.com/watch?v=mbEZOIy_M9A

I didn't buy a home because I inherited my grandfathers house.

Attached: 1960's (35).jpg (1048x1032, 224K)

Who's in the image, your grampaw?

>((((Crisis))))

((((Crisis)))) - OK SCHLOMO-SCHILD-IMMIGRATION-BERG-STEIN-SHEKELSHITTER

FUCKING GAS YOURSELF AND YOUR PUPPETS

>no wealthy family
>mediocre job
>max mortgage is 100k-150k max
>average house is 300k now
Yeah idk, guess I'd either need to get me a whore that works so we both can buy or I need to get a job where I get 5-7k a month.

Everybody's going to be doctor and a lawyer here I think..or a stem super scientist making more than 100k a year xDDD

My father, grandpa is behind the camera.

Attached: 1960's (40).jpg (1040x1040, 217K)

*inherits family home*
Heh, nothing personnel, serfs

Worthless millenials not helping the economy...

Attached: IMG_0600.png (1334x750, 604K)

feels good man

Attached: 1970's (35).jpg (1012x1032, 170K)

May I ask where abouts in the US it is?

I'll guess Washington State

Southwest Georgia, near Columbus

t. white trash welfare bum

every fuckin paki has a house tho I bet

U racist mate? Got a license for that?

my grandpa gave his house to us grandkids and we're all now taken care of. i love that cunt.

Attached: 1513236090624.png (334x377, 132K)

>Boomer buys house in 1980's
>holds on to it
>trys to sell it for 1,000,000 pounds and thinks that zoomer will just put themselves in debt to pay for it like they did
>zoomer dabs on them and either rents or buys smaller houses
>Boomers reee's and write article about the joys of home owning

Boomer Harry does it again

Attached: Boomer boy.jpg (398x519, 29K)

>just open up your country to foreign investment, you'll be richer!
>oops the governments of the world printed trillions in quantitative easing because the banks lent out more mortgages than could ever be repaid so now you have to let the new money from QE flow into your country to buy up the real estate and price you out of owning a home because this is somehow beneficial to you

Attached: 1540116694015.png (550x550, 248K)