Almost every picture from ww1 I see is full of mud...

Almost every picture from ww1 I see is full of mud, people are up to their knees in mud and swimming through the trenches in the soupiest mud I’ve ever seen.
Where the hell did all that mud come from? Any anons from Europe able to verify it’s a particularly muddy continent?

Attached: 46ACE981-8720-47E2-BFF6-5CE1391B77D8.png (1136x640, 712K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/k4Pd527GN48
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's African mud, stolen by racist colonials, to deprive 3rd worlders the much needed mud for making mud huts.

When you shell an area for weeks or months it will take turn into mud.

When you shell the shit out of land the topsoil shreds up becomes loose and retains water
youtu.be/k4Pd527GN48

Go to /his/

France and Belgium are rainy environments. Add millions of artillery shells destroying all vegetation and now the battlefield is just a muddy mess.
Trench foot and non combat related casualties disabled soldiers more than bullets or poison gas.
My great grandfather suffered trench foot during the war, in case this anecdotal evidence will convince you.

Attached: 46039351_10217548729372808_2605558634721050624_o.jpg (1612x2015, 154K)

It’s pretty crazy just how deep and the total volume of mud in many of the pictures. I can imagine how had that is on the body

Mud flood. Look up the tartarian empire and mud flood 1860’s. That mud in the photo is probably just from the shelling but you are asking a question that would lead to the mud flood theory which then leads into the tartarian theory. Quick rundown I know it sound stupid and I don’t personally believe it but the people that do will tell you that history up until the 1860’s was a complete lie. You can find similar buildings around the world that look like they’ve been built by the same culture possibly a global empire.

Attached: 1533630867181m.jpg (1024x680, 221K)

>Trench foot and non combat related casualties disabled soldiers more than bullets or poison gas.
Lmao no fucking way. Your great grandfather came in 1917 to do some sightseeing when the worst was already over. French and Germs died by the thousands in massive infantry charges thru machine gun fire.

>Implying that ww1 actually happened

Fucking brainlets.

Europe is mostly fertile plains, forest and grasslands. It also rains a lot here and we have to go all the way to Spain or Turkey to even find parched soil. Now take a field of soft fertile soil and shell it with millions of artillery rounds all year round, have people dig miles and miles of trenches and have millions of men trudge through them. Finally add a decent amount of rain and hey presto, you've got mud.

Piss and shit and rain.

It comes from a combination of the ground and rain.

It mud from shelling mixed with blood. If the photo was colour it would be red.

Those pictures are almost exclusively of the Brits. They were they only ones stupid enough to dig their trenches in low-lying ground which constantly collected water.
The Germans were smart enough to dig their trenches in higher ground and didn't really have that problem.

Kek fpbp

Examples ?

Trench warfare, it makes a mess.

There’s about to be a mud flood in my bathroom

There is no vegetation left due to constant shelling, which drains water in normal scenarios.

Constant walking siege artillery barrages aren’t good for the landscape