How to convince atheists

that they are another religion

Having a discussion on Normiebook about atheism, he spammed atheism memes, i said its another religion, not good enough

>the reasoning
Kant and the Enlightenment only accepts knowledge deduced with human rationality; this form of atheism holds that gods are not discernible as a matter of principle, and therefore cannot be known to exist

In other words, atheists have to prove nothing, only people who believe in god.

>Prove atheism wrong
your best arguments against atheism?

Attached: 1536252319444.jpg (640x960, 133K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7fKrFeX8dRY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If atheism is a religion then it already is the right one because it has hard evidence compared to the other hundreds of religions

you're a loony

atheism is not a religion, it's a faith

Tooth fairy. Easterbunny. Saint nick. Mohammed. Jesus. Judah. Satan. You religious people really do play a weird version of Dungeons and Dragons.

Attached: AXE KNIGHT.jpg (736x1040, 71K)

>that they are another religion
That some Anti-theist Atheists use the same pathways of the brain as religious people do with religion doesn't make Atheism a religion. Atheism is the lack of belief in a God. It's a lack of a belief structure. Religions are moral belief structures that involve the supernatural (usually involving extremely powerful deities), and Atheism is the lack of belief in deities.

It's fundamentally not the same thing.

If they genuinely didn’t believe they wouldn’t get offended all the time. I don’t believe you get real bargains at outlet malls but I don’t go round out arguing about it

>How to convince atheists
You can't. Religion is like, a personal journey, man.

My dad is an athiest. One time I caught him in a logical paradox and he hit me with the ol' reliable "Well that's just your opinion." Some people, man.

A logical Paradox in favor of Religion... Please share that wisdom!

>"Well that's just your opinion."

It is, everything surrounding religion is an opinion since there is zero evidence to support anyone. That is the Atheist position; that nobody can prove shit and so you live your life unhindered by religious beliefs until someone can prove their deity exists. It's all conjecture.

flaggots

>didn't bother to read the sticky at any point

Newfag.

Problem is people grow up without belief they might end up being degenerates with no moral compass. I know i know not every atheist is a degenerate SJW technicolor dyke transexual that slept with 30 HIV + men or fedora wearing social rejects that stuff bananas up their bum but in the end there has to be some sort of moral philosophy that borders on religion but have none of spiritual inflexibility or oppression organized religion may have

show them modern magicians
youtube.com/watch?v=7fKrFeX8dRY

I can prove theres no gods. Its easy really and indisputable. Every religion speaks of wrathful punishments whenever the people of old would even think of not following there gods. Cities burned planets drowned to extinction. Pain suffering and tortures of nature just for the slightest blasphemy. So right here on this page i will call out all these Eldritch gods on all there bullshit LIES. Im speaking to everyone who can read this right now. In this i am speaking to more people than in any ancient farm village. I could by chance reach millions. Ok here we go time to prove theres no gods..... ahem.... I renounce your devine hold on me and my family. My lands my cities my next of kin will renounce you in MY NAME! For i am greater in power and spirit than anyone who calls themselves a god. Ok everyone repeat after me in prayer or typing... I renounce you (add your god name here) and all knowledge of you forever more. This should be enough to cause Armageddon if gods really exist. Angels should be smiting me right now. Guess what... Metal music playing... Girlfriend topless playing minecraft. Cats licking balls. umm his not mine fyi. No religious anything. No three spirits visiting me no lightning brimstone curses ect ect. No gods. See that simple proven and over.

>is ashamed of his flag

Good thread.

>Problem is people grow up without belief they might end up being degenerates with no moral compass.

Oh yes, that is the great dilemma. It is entirely possible to create a moral ethical belief system that supplants religion and replaces it in the psychology of people, but to date nobody has even come close to succeeding. As you say; there are atheists such as myself that despise degeneracy and deviancy, but given the failure of the majority of atheists to not be degenerates is why I don't oppose religion in my life as a whole, only communicate the intellectual failures of religion to religious people individually.

>french
>isn't ashamed of his flag

>but have none of spiritual inflexibility or oppression organized religion may have
any worthwhile moral philosophy is going to be rigid by necessity - otherwise whatever moral claims it makes would be flimsy at best.

Its obvious bro Demonbane proteccs us from Cthulhu.

Attached: whos awesome your awesome.jpg (453x604, 55K)

Well what if religion is just overplaying the karmic result of actions? Like you said "God will smite me if I do X or curse my family etc is not actually because of God but because of Nature and Causality within it? Action, reaction. If you do a gesture of selfless kindness it's possible the person it was direct at will do it someday too.

Religion on the other hand uses karmic punishments as persuasion. e.g "If you don't follow the monarchy you don't believe in God", "if you don't do what X said, you're a heretic and will burn forever", "If you don't behave X you'll get sent to hell or your life will be ruined"

It's the best tool for population control because if you haven't noticed we're numbering in the billions now. There will always be people who can't exist without being ordered around, restricted and mingling with like-minded people otherwise degeneration will follow. That's why we need a Western Philosophy, not to bring the divine down here but blur the lines between what is Heavenly, Earthly and so forth.

loser

75% of atheists may be retarded commies but at least they don't believe in the insane ramblings of 2000 year old goat fucking sand peasants. The other 25% are libertarians, which is a much higher ratio than the general population, so even then the fedoras win.

Attached: yaweh.jpg (771x842, 104K)

This is a very sad truth.

You'd do well to first actually understand atheism before you start arguing.

Atheist comes from the greek theos (god) and the prefix a which means not, loosely translated as 'without gods'. In modern usage theist means someone who believes in the existence of god and atheist is someone who is not a theist. This nuance actually matters because in order to be an atheist you simply need to lack belief in the existence of a god, you do not have to explicitly hold a position that no gods exist. The difference between these positions is commonly referred to as weak and strong atheism, and it turns out when you ask atheists most of them identify as weak atheists.

Weak atheists are not making a primary assertion (claim) and so have no burden of proof. A strong atheist however would deny the existence of gods and so does have a burden of proof for their claim.

Atheism is not a religion by any classical definition of the term. Nor does it serve any purpose to try and gerrymander the term, it's purely a semantic argument, even if you could get atheists to agree that atheism is a religion it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference to what people actually believe.

>Prove atheism wrong
Just show them proof that God exists lmao
Gimme my bike back while you're at it.

Is that legit? Looks like a african man in a mask.
Are you sure it's not just the ancient jewish version of BLACKED?

Attached: afgn.jpg (1696x1796, 311K)

It does a really good job of handling
>There will always be people who can't exist without being ordered around, restricted and mingling with like-minded people otherwise degeneration will follow.
Really a brilliant move in terms of game theory. 2000 years later and nobody, NOBODY has checkmated Jesus.

>If you do a gesture of selfless kindness it's possible the person it was direct at will do it someday too.
That's just Karma bro. (Which I argue can be explained by Thermodynamics.) You might enjoy Hinduism. (Though I detest it for the concept of the "Untouchable" class).

>if you don't do what X said, you're a heretic and will burn forever
You have to admit its a really smart Basilisk.
Imagine, this Jesus dude saw the way the world was headed, and he came up with this epic prank that he knew would force people to be good: a life after life. And its awesome, and forever. Of course, that's the secular view. Me, I'm looking forward to spending an eternity with my waifu.

Attached: 1485706391947.png (421x512, 232K)

Atheism just means no God, there is not hard proof for no God.

Well they are all dick crazy over there. It really wouldn't surprise me if there male fascination with each others dicks didn't date back to before recorded history.

Here's the original design

Attached: 220px-Ajrud[1].jpg (220x225, 13K)

A lack of evidence is not hard evidence.
Psychology is a "soft" science
Schizophrenia could be demon posession, can you prove it isn't? "Psychological shock" resulting from religious practice has "expelled demons" or cured "mental illnesses" that therapy could not.

Psychology is a great tool for despiritualizing people.

Don't.
They are not worth it.
They probably do not even have souls.

Attached: atheist-political.png (1461x935, 262K)

When you recite mantras, oops i mean quote celebrity "scientists" about ufo's being weather balloons... the same lines over and over start to sound like scriptures.

Could it be that the athiest community is as npc prone as the left?

That depends on your definition of "god". If you're using "the god(s) of ANY human religion ever in history" then there are plenty of idiotic claims they've made that are easily proven false. In the more general sense it's less clear and ultimately not disprovable, but the general sense doesn't really apply when talking about normal people and their preferred sky daddies.

>NOBODY has checkmated Jesus.
Because he's the ultimate coping tool.
Life is unjust? Well pray and do nothing to change it. Heaven will surely be your reward. Then you have those modern Christians today with open borders and all that.

If there was an Anti-Christ it will be Jesus himself, the Church is the Whore and the followers are the false prophets.

For islam the djall is Muhammed.

Judaism it would be the Canaanite subversion. They're not jews in the least, just parasites.

Hinduism = Try to use Karma to enforce castes, eventually 95% degenerates into mud people with sub 100 IQ to the point where it was scrambled because nobody knows how to uphold it or fix it again. From spiritual and material beacon of light in the past to the toilet of the world today.

Yea there is just look up a bit to me proving there is no god. On this site there must be over 100k different people that have said there is NO GOD! Why no rebuttal from any god or angel. Fuck wheres this devil at. Come take my soul life dick fortune whatever devil. Its yours if your real. If anyone falls on the crutch that says forum chats dont count as speaking to divinity all i have to say is if gods and angels cant figure out txt or threads. We are superiour in every way to gods and there ilk!

George carlin did it better

Religion is like a neural network solution to a complex problem. You need a solution but the problem is very complicated and difficult to answer from first principles. There's the main pillars of human experience, everyone has a father more or less, everyone definitely has a mother.

>Earth Mother, Gai, Mary
The chaotic nurturing side of life is feminine because women are bat shit crazy but caring and fertile. Plants and shit but also the sea

>All Father, Zeus, Odin, God the father, Father Christmas
The side of order and makes all the useful shit, the ultimate authority, normally if you piss of your dad your doing something wrong and if you piss of the All Dad you done fucked up. Also tyrannical and forces you into a mold of being that is acceptable.

The actual evidence shows that being an atheist doesn't really have any bearing on ethics, if you look at things like criminal behaviour for example, correlation is that atheists are marginally underrepresented, that is to say there's more theist criminals, even when adjusting for the relative proportions in society of belief vs non belief.

I would never use religion as a moral code per se, but I actually happen to think that there's a lot of wisdom in the tradition of religion, there's lessons in there that you cannot learn yourself without the damage being done, for example chastity. Women who ride the cock carousel for example cannot undo the damage it does to them emotionally by the the time they've worked out it was a stupid idea.

But social science, is a good secular source for that information, the statistics show that as pre-marital sexual partner count increases, the likelyhood of divorce also increases. Lauren Southern did a good talk aimed at women and their happiness and made a completely secular case for traditional values. The only thing that science cannot do is pass that knowledge down from generation to generation, that's what religion tends to have, the ability for parents to instill those values in the next generation. Most people are too dumb/vapid to really ever learn that stuff so they need a mechanism to drill it into their heads. That's really the core of what secular society lacks.

Christianity didnt keep priests from molesting... or corruption... or pretty much every sin they preach against.

Glad to see someone got my reference. I dont remember whole routine.

Attached: my nigger.jpg (352x329, 25K)

Ok by your logic can you yourself prove schizophrenia isn't mainly caused by stress given form within the subconscious of the individual? I mean if you think about it most schizophrenics are always "half-asleep", if you remember your dreams and how chaotically they can spiral into nightmares then imagine that's your waking life. It COULD be some external phenomena or an instinct we can't understand.

God exists.

/thread

Attached: index.gif (760x1156, 42K)

Rest of the other stuff is stories about fictional and non fictional about if you do x then y happens.

Is there supernatural stuff? I just see it as happenings we don't understand yet. And a lot of the supernatural stuff in religion is because humans have been for the most part garbage on explaining why things happen, and even now aren't great at it. There's not probably a reasonable explanation for x, there's always a reasonable explanation but we're monkeys and figuring out shit is hard

Sadly I agree with all of this.
God I hate Hinduism.

I didn't pick one... i did not claim there are none, thats the athiest's claim. Otherwise they would be agnostic.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or if you're just retarded.

Many antichrists... fuck its like you know paul teachings better than jesus teachings. Paul was first of many antichrists. Also theres plenty of evidence to debunk just about everything in the bible

You know what? Damn. This proof is actually pretty Mcfucking solid. Thanks for introducing me to this.

"Agnostic" and "Atheist" are two different things. Agnostic means you don't know if there's a god or not (ie that you can't prove it), and atheist means you don't believe that there are any, whether you can prove it or not. You can be an agnostic atheist, or a gnostic atheist, or an agnostic theist, or a gnostic theist, although anyone who claims to be gnostic is a fucking retard automatically unless you're talking about specific religions which have made specific claims and you're an atheist pointing out the disproofs.

True but the priests kept the drones from doing it thus ensuring the health and gears of society are turning, basically a paradoxical kind of injustice.
Like witch burnings. Even if most of them weren't real witches or heretics their death scared people into submission at the cost of the executed person's individuality.

Attached: ....jpg (572x720, 75K)

We don't need religion to keep people from acting like niggers. We just need good schools so that kids grow up knowing not to act like niggers.

>Kant and the Enlightenment only accepts knowledge deduced with human rationality; this form of atheism holds that gods are not discernible as a matter of principle, and therefore cannot be known to exist

It's wrong, and has always been wrong, Plato's phaedo dialogue has not been falsified, and the enlightenment philosophers nevertheless end in nihilism and degeneracy, a self evident falsity.

Bunch of spooked faggot, the whole lot of you. Anyone who believes in religion beyond using it as a means of controlling the masses or for social cohesion is a bafoon, but the same is for atheist who are so full of themselves that they think they have every answer. The fact of the matter is facts don't matter, but whatever helps YOU achieve YOUR goal is what you will choose to do. It's called self interest, aka selfishness, and every single human being (whatever you define "human" as) and living organism should and does engage in it.
The strange thing about humans are, for as smart as they are, they are also liable to be decieved into believing something that isn't in their self-interest IS aka dogmatic religions.

BASED

Attached: Atheist.jpg (500x686, 63K)

I'm honestly convinced that most atheists (the new atheist, anti-theist) aren't really atheist, just anti-christian. Sure, there are genuine atheists who dont care if you have faith in something but they tend to get dwarfed by the angry spergs out there.

I remember when the new atheism was all the rage back in the day and I remembered calling them out of their bullshit:

>why is evidence and proof interchangable at any given time? Evidence and proof aren't the same thing.
>you put too much value in the words of scientists, and not great scientists either. Scientists aren't wizards, they're not all knowing.
>why do you have such a moral problem with the old testement but you change your moral outrage to apathy and want to change the subject when its called by its original name: the torah?
>furthermore, morals are either objective or subjective, you can't have your cake and eat it too.
>isnt secular humanism anti-darwinian?

And the most I would get would be mental gymnastics, pilpul, motte and bailey and this queer breed of atheism felt less like a world view, or a lack of belief, and more like a debating strategy.

Most of the time I think they're atheists not because of some revelation but mostly due to its moral ambiguity. I view it more as a breeding strategy, as a way to show stacy that you are the better man then christcuck chad cause you're a smart guy who likes science and due to its lack of moral structure it allows you to indulge in your hedonism, smoke weed and fuck bitches am I right?

Sad thing: any reply to me will inevitably be "lack of belief" and "extraordinary claims require..." blah blah blah. When you ask those questions, trying to pwn a christfag, you're reinstalling the idea that you want to be the next Christopher Hitchens.

This user beat me to it (a)theism deals with belief, (a)gnosticism deals with knowledge.

If you lack belief in a god then you're an atheist by default. It's basic set theory, the a in atheist is derived from the greek which means "not", if you have no express theistic belief then you're an atheist by definition.

I explained here why the term atheist doesn't necessarily mean you deny the existence of god.

Yeah... could. You notice i didn't say anything as absolute fact other than random religious shit had a lasting effect on some occasions.
Thats whats wrong with muh science cucks... we don't have ALL of the answers on ANYTHING.
We dont understand the brain, nutrition, all there is to know about gravity.
Also true peer review doesnt even happen.
science also does not have an altruistic history... dc boy fried animals to make tesla seem scarry, hell we still don't have teslas tech.

lol If this proves religion is real. It also proves its followers are weak minded sheep. If thats all it takes to push faith. a mind trick or mental puzzle.

Shit man i called out the gods and asked openly for people to join me in it. I should be dead if even a demi god existed.

Who's the redhead in pic?

Religion is a piece of shrapnel from the war of evolution, too deeply embedded within the skull of humanity. If it's removed, humanity will die. It should not be removed, it should be dissolved and made to fill the hole in the skull.

Attached: autistic.jpg (471x469, 43K)

Look retard, MOST NIGGERS ARE CHRISTIANS. That's right. Niggers believe in jeezits. And most of the rest are mudslimes. And they still act like niggers. Got that? Any argument for religion as a means of social control is horseshit. If anything, religion may be making the niggering worse.

This. HC atheists are fucking self-centered cunts.
Atheism, more like Autistheism.

Oddly enough the puritans in salem had decent reasons for thinking witchcraft, heres a hint, illuminatti bloodlines were involved

Attached: Yep.jpg (684x546, 76K)

>Religion is a piece of shrapnel from the war of evolution

tfw it dawns on you that no matter what, all your values and morals emanate from a Christian tradition that was around a thousand years before you dropped out of your mothers herpes infected vagina.

She's really fucking pretty. Check mate, atheists.

What if i'm agnositic and I don't give a shit ?

Holy shit your are actually retarded. I never said religion was a good tool for it, but that's what it's original aim was. The last part of my post was the most important. The unwavering christcucks on this board fit that description but are too lost in their heads to see it. Some are actual pragmatists who don't know what to replace Christianity with, but aren't opposed to doing so.
There is a ton of cognitive dissonance in the minds of normies when they hear that neo-nazis want to gas all jews, but in the same stroke worship one. It makes these retards look retarded.

I get that... but lots of self-proclaimed athiests get mad when you debate something they say, it reminds me a lot of pissing on a pastors favorite scripture. Or like telling an lgbt theres only 2 sex/genders.

>how to convince some people that they are not what they are
convert them to christianity
Christians seem to believe they are the real Jews (therefore we gas them)

Atheism is the lack of religion retard.
Some retards treat it as religion (like the dumbasses who say the big bang happened with absolute certainty).
As an atheist I explicitly acknowledge that don't know a lot of things. And that there is even more that I don't even know I don't know.
That makes me curious to find explanations that seem likely for the things I don't know based on evidence that we can prove to be true. As long as I can't find an explanation for something its status remains just that, "uncertain".

Religion is a manifestation of the inability of people to accept that there are things they don't know and have no reasonable explanation for, so they ascribe all those things to "god". Surely some invisible, intangible, omnipotent, omniscient entity that supposedly exists beyond our comprehension is the most logical explanation.

It's mental gymnastics to the point of retardation.

Wrong. Ancient Greek, roman, sumerian, Aryan, etc, all influenced modern moral codes more than your desert rag, which is just Judaism-lite: Goyim Boogaloo

Thats cool.

Humans have a natural degree of conflict between self-interest and group solidarity. That can be fixed with psychology, but not religion. Religion has always done more harm than good.

Kek'd

Imbecile.

He is saying that any sentient species will develop religion as a coping mechanism and basis for advancement through generations because it gives the idea that working together gives you warm nice fuzzy things when you die and sad harsh mean stuff if you die. Essentially like a pavlovian instinct to help consciousness get started.

But we see this now so religion is no longer a necessity just a vestigial organ needing to be replaced with something better or completely modified.

>cow fuckers

alright thanks, just wanted approval, well believe what you believe user as long as you find peace within yourself.

It is often in a person's best interest to be a part of group. I agree that for some individuals this isn't the case. Nor am I advocating for the furthering of dogmatic religions. I was just saying religions WERE a social cohesion tool. Not the best, not the worst, just a tool.

Dont gas jews or christians.... Shit man that would be a lot of poisoned rotting meat.
I suggest wood chippers! Yea wood chippers aimed into tanks filled with sharks. We can let them pray for there saviors while watching the fun. That would be a real kick to see if a god showed up to stop me.
Bet i could do a whole Sunday school full of kids and not so much as a angel would show up to say stop. Then again those kids are not pure anymore with Father touch to much around huh! Man religion is fucked up when you get to it.

Religion-a pursuit or interest to which someone ascribes supreme importance

If atheism is not religious to you, why do you like to talk about/debate it so much?

Also... why do you guys always say the same shit? Muh proof. Can you prove you are not insane?

I believe in ghosts and shit so i'm probably a little insane.

Average atheists makes irrational choice since he is more likely to be depressed, lonely and be on drugs.
Religious people are happier and healthier on average.
So by choosing no god - you handicap yourself.

Aristotle came to many of the same conclusions as Christianity independently, he's known as the blessed pagan for good reason and Aquinas and other theologians refer to him constantly .It's almost like if you pay attention to God's general revelation you discover the natural law.

If the only thing you care about is the truth you will come to the faith.

I don't know if political propaganda qualifies as a "social cohesion tool".

I still don't understand how christcucks honestly get over the fact that they worship a jew. I know they'll claim he was Aryan, that they are actually Abraham’s seed, that #notalljews, and so on, but it's sad. They are so prideful they won't look for alternatives

Yeah.. psychology is doing us wonders right now, look at all the kiddies with add and almost meth pills

>He is saying that any sentient species will develop religion as a coping mechanism

That's so weird, because every human civilization has developed religion up to this very moment. It's almost like it's innate in our species and despite your autistic ramblings will be part of who we are until we go extinct.

To convince people use reason. Too bad all you have is belief.

Attached: quote-belief-is-the-death-of-intelligence-robert-anton-wilson-31-76-61.jpg (850x400, 50K)

Well we posit that there is some kind of authority at the top of the hierarchy. There is some transcendent star on top that it all emanates from.

Merry Christmas.

Well, mainstream psychology suffers from the same shit as everything else in academia. If it works kill it, if it's useless and/or ruins people's lives make every student learn it.

Not religion, psychological projection.

Attached: video_projector.99214508_std[1].jpg (700x388, 33K)

Muslim spotted

So were told. If you actually read what the ancients wrote they speak more of visitors and knowledge bringers than gods. Huh kinda like visitors from another world if you think about it.
Maybe theres something to all the texts and carved images of flying shit all over the world.

K fag

checked & kekked, fpbp
but all of the sudden "it is not a true religion" when it came out so unconveniently

Attached: 1544144606559.jpg (564x571, 59K)

Burning of Templars was political. Philippe the Fair needed money and they had it so he falsely accused them of lot of bullshit.