Wages are stagnant even though we're now productive!

>wages are stagnant even though we're now productive!
What makes you think people now are worth more than people in the past? Labor is labor. More productivity might reduce cost, or increase wages, but probably not both.

I posit that we're just people, just like 100 years ago. We don't work harder, we're not more valuable, we just have more effective tools.

Why should wages grow? I'm looking for a real counter argument

Attached: productivity_and_wages.png (538x305, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/p/how-the-21st-century-plantation-works-and-rampant-global-blowjobs-d218b0bc995b
twitter.com/AnonBabble

medium.com/p/how-the-21st-century-plantation-works-and-rampant-global-blowjobs-d218b0bc995b

Compare the Stock Market Rise with decline of the Middle Class.

KEK. Neoliberalism is cancer and so is the Stock Market.

That is an interesting article, I'll read it soon, but it doesn't seem to be a direct answer to my question

Maybe if we stopped incentivizing niggers with free money and support for joblessness, we would have a better working base. Being poor is just too easy for people to want to work out of

100 years ago the federal reserve was just coming about. People weren't paid in ever decreasing in value fiat currency. Minimum wage isn't the issue, our money is.

>Verizon Lays Off 44,000, Transfers 2,500 More IT Jobs To Indian Outsourcer

Yea I think theres more too it..like a constant need for growth/profit.

I got a 5% raise and $30,000 bonus.

I make 53k driving a fucking forklift.
Life is great.

Sounds fun honestly. Life as an engineer is extremely stressful and alcoholic.

look at somewhere like Norway. An impoverished backwater at the turn of the 19th century. Actual lengthy famine after the second world war. Now a kind of paradise on earth that was unimaginable throughout world history. That sort of leap above sustenance farming and disease avoidance doesn't and hasn't happen without massive technological advancement.

How many johns do you service on a typical day ?

>What makes you think people now are worth more than people in the past?
Because goods are worth more than in the past you tard baby. Google what the word inflation means. Put that graph in terms of purchasing power and you'll really see some shit.

I work with one colleague named John. I wouldn’t say I provide a service to him so much as we collaborate.

>Neoliberalism is cancer and so is the Stock Market.
This.

I'm talking about real wages you fucking idiot commie, Jesus christ kill yourself. It's adjusted for inflation.

Do you not understand what productivity means? Quite literally by definition productivity is the measure of how much a person produces.

Forgetting the fact that the graph you are showing is incredibly misleading, and the real issue isn’t that people are getting paid less despite being more productive( the issue is we increasingly have less and less say on how our money is being spent. For example a 3% match on 401k isn’t listed as pay but it basically is, also getting a % off health insurance isn’t pay but it technically is, etc etc )

The fact that people have better tools is a direct result of people being more productive. Just because people aren’t theoretically getting paid appropriately for their advances in productivity doesn’t mean that you can look at it retroactively and say “hurrr durr it’s the tools that are doing all the work”.

Suspiciously close to Hart-Celler

Obviously the rich should get richer while everybody else slaves 40 hours a week for the crumbs - don't like it? get a juhob then we'll talk

Breddy good deal. You in a low tax state?

The vast majority of people aren't productive around.
Most don't even know how to the do jobs they are hired to do, they just mess around in the office trying to look busy.

A tiny minority is responsible for all the economic growth.

the problem is prices are kept artificially high with welfare

I obviously know what productivity means, you knob. My argument is that you don't get to make more money because you can access records on a computer instead of having to dig them out of a filing cabinet, for example.

wrong question fucko, the question is
why do employers hog the money
and cause inflation so money does
not go as far as it use to with buying
power?

easy we're in the kingdom of satan
and he needs suffering energy to
stay strong.

truth. Look at any company and there is a handful of people working their asses off while everyone else coasts

OY VEY

Attached: OY VEY.jpg (300x231, 11K)

Productivity as a measure of what?

Low IQ trash with shit graphs as always.

So what happened in 1972?

Widgets per hour, as an example

Agree

>let's change the topic and talk about something metaphysical instead
>also let's assume life now has more suffering than in the past
You are a child