How did you feel about this film?

How did you feel about this film?

Attached: MV5BZTNkZmU0ZWQtZjQzMy00YTNmLWFmN2MtZGNkMmU1OThmMGYwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzkwMjQ5NzM@._V1_.jpg (1840x2820, 364K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HSWtc01BlqM
youtube.com/watch?v=f96p-IhcZhQ
youtu.be/JSUIQgEVDM4
vimeo.com/9207247
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

funny napalm scene

Overrated, incredibly boring, mostly liked by pretentious people.

Great movie, perfect for late night stoned and drunk viewing. It pretty much nailed the insanity that was The Vietnam War.

its like a religious experience when you watch it stoned, really makes you think.

One of the very best films ever made

This.

Kinda boring. Good ending. One of those movies you watch only once in a comfy dim lit room.

ending gave me chills it was so good

This, there are better 'Nam movies out there.

Kurtz did nothing wrong.

like?

The cow was real.

You're thinking of Stalker.

no way really?

Bored and confused

Attached: searching_for_end_of_3.9hour_redux.jpg (525x223, 23K)

Based on the book Heart of Darkness- But most of you didn't know that bc "books are fur boomers"

Attached: 1484042988841.jpg (1600x1200, 670K)

Kino

Absolute classic. I highly recommend also watching the documentary Hearts of Darkness : A Filmmakers Apocalypse.
It's a behind the scenes doc recorded by Coppola's wife as they movie was being shot. It crazy that this film even exists let alone that it became a classic.

So boring I dont even remember what it was about lmao

platoon was good

I LIKED REDUX
FUCK EVERYONE WHO HAS A PROBLEM WITH THAT!

Attached: Slide Thread.png (1500x1500, 926K)

youtube.com/watch?v=HSWtc01BlqM

I just googled it and apparently the cow was in fact real. Coppola and crew just filmed it because the local tribe they were using as extras was already gonna slaughter it.

neat.

oh for sure but not better than Apocalypse Now.

america died over 9000 years ago.
>it was never alive, and this film was the living proof of that.

It made me sad that I live in the midwest and do not have access to quality surfing.

Boring book too.

You hit it on the head. Boring, very boring.

>boring
I was hanging out with some normies/chads coming down off acid and I recommended we put this on. They all loved it. There are some valid criticisms you can make against it, but boring isn't one.

Holy fucking based. Holy shit. OHOOHOHOHOHO NONONONONONONONONONONO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHQHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAH

FMJ
Platoon
Deer Hunter
Hamburger Hill
Casualties of War

To name a few

I don't remember the movie much, but Heart of Darkness is one of my favorite books

The scene where Elias gets shot by Barnes is also a classic.

one of the three movies that put me to sleep so far
this one
dark knight rises
π

Vietnam is just the backdrop. It's about voyage to witness and observe Kurt's insanity, ultimately inheriting the Darkness.

Nigger never served can’t relate...its ok sweatheart...its a mans movie

Attached: B465A4CA-0811-46EF-A1D4-5AB88D563FA8.jpg (923x519, 83K)

Might be, but I still think the movie is crap.

Kubrick. Great American director, comes from Joseph Conrad, great movie

The deer hunter is the spiritual successor to the ending.

Yeah true. I recently watched it cause it is a Jow Forums must see.

>normies love it
>you must love it
It was an OK movie at best

What are you talking about, it was directed by Coppola. Kubrick did FMJ.

The scene with the black dude saying "yea" at Do Long Bridge always stuck with me. Love the film.

youtube.com/watch?v=f96p-IhcZhQ

There's a scene where there's a massacre of civilians on a boat being searched.
The reason the massacre starts is because an asian woman is concerned over the welfare of a puppy.
That scene always seemed far-fetched to me.

I always thought the reason for that scene was simply that they had already been through so much that everyone was really on edge except Sheen's character since we was already messed in the head.

In a sense we are all Kurtz, just too cowardly to actually be like him.

>DUDE WEED LMAO
KYS degenerates

Attached: 1543247050986.png (1000x673, 824K)

>making a tribe out of a bunch of savages
kurtz is a retarded faggot
nam was based, fighting communism, we would have won if australians were the main fighters and not a bunch of melodramatic burgers and nigs

This move captured the Vietnam generation better than any other except Deer Hunter.

t. Gen X

Underrated.

Attached: apoc-now.jpg (730x802, 60K)

Don’t you have some vodka to go butt chug?

>196235811 (OP)
Best war movie ever made. Fully captured the Vietnam War and its insanity. Slow at parts but cinematography and diologe are amazing. I love how the characters change over the course of the film, Martin Sheen's character realizing Kurtz was right, Lance slowly going mad, ect. Hands down one of my favorite movies.

That's what I got from it. They were supposed to go up the river but the captain "had" to stop the boat. I feel like it was an analogy for the war as a whole. "We cut them in half and give them a band aid".

You're missing the whole point. Kurtz was working with what he had. He had his squad and the man who first went to kill him. The savages and his men were so divoted to his cause they would do anything for him. He realized the VC were so determined that only all out war would stop them. But the brass wanted to pussyfoot around so he decided to do things his own way.

Bloated boomer bullshit.

cool music.

youtu.be/JSUIQgEVDM4

this song plays in my head knowing about how do many countries, including mine, signed the UN migration pact.

Apocalypse when

Iron Guard 2.0 when?

thr answer to both is... NOW!

Attached: gata pana aici.jpg (912x414, 73K)

the*

Attached: 1499717920664.jpg (250x250, 23K)

One of the best war movies I have ever seen. Many hidden messages and meanings.
The long directors cut is the best.
When everybody thinks you're crazy are you really crazy? Or maybe the world has gone crazy and you're the only normal thinking person so everybody thinks you're crazy for behaving differently? The movies adresses very deep questions about the psyche and human nature.

Best part is when Duvall fires a missile and takes out a gook vehicle in flames, then takes a pull off his coffee mug.

The Search for Kurtz
Marlon Brando's character, Colonel Kurtz was based on the exploits of a real Special Forces agent during the Vietnam war. His name was Tony Poe. Two UK journalists went to find him. Their search took them half way around the world.

vimeo.com/9207247

The quote that is the central point of the movie. Hooray World Police. DO NOT ENLIST IN THE US MILITARY.

"Shit ... charging a man with murder in this place was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500. I took the mission. What the hell else was I gonna do? But, I really didn't know what I'd do when I found him."

Attached: 51Tf407hdoL.jpg (333x500, 59K)

Felt like they paid Brando way too much for not having him lose some fucking weight before filming. If he was competent enough to act so well, he should have been capable of playing the role with some fucking dignity instead of doing it in a black moomoo with the curtains drawn.

Coming from someone steeped in the rich heritage of Pork n Cheese film history I can see your point. S m h. The opening credits are better than anything your pseudo-country has ever made.

Only a fuckin nigger could be this barbaric. Filth.

This, too. It had some iconic moments, but the storytelling was far too dull for the material they had to work with. It could have been so much better.

It was not based on it, it was inspired by it. Heart of Darkness was about Africa

good but Full Metal Jacket, Platoon, or hell even Boys in the company were better.
The production was top notch, the story was pretentious and characters too edgy to really care.

>Feel
SAGE

Attached: 1543619585173.png (851x721, 231K)

Great summary, choice taste.
Godspeed over there, Froganon. Best wishes from Missouri.

Trumpacolypse now don't stop for hoes