Mandatory Swedish in Finnish schools

vapaakielivalinta.fi/en.php
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandatory_Swedish

What is your opinion about this? Is mandatory Swedish in Finnish schools a good or bad thing? Should it be abolished?

Attached: 180px-Pois_pakkoruotsi.svg.png (180x179, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finland's_language_strife
youtube.com/watch?v=NNZA86wXDig
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don’t really have any skin in the game but I don’t think it’s a bad thing for Finns to learn Swedish. Having mandatory Swedish and English ensures that the population is well educated in foreign languages and is able to communicate with everyone locally and globally. I lived in a majority Swedish speaking town in western Finland and most people were bilingual. Once I went to Narpio and a woman there couldn’t speak a word of Finnish and had to talk to me in English. I’m not sure how you can grow up in Finland and not learn Finnish. A lot of my Finnish friends grumbled that Swedish was useless but it doesn’t hurt to learn especially in the bilingual areas.

Yes, but when only 5% has Swedish as their first language and most of them speak Finnish anyway (Närpiö is just weird), why should Swedish be mandatory, instead of having a second mandatory foreign language that is free to choose? Kind of the way it is in every other Nordic country (and Åland)?

there should be mandatory suomi in swedish schools

Well...I'm biased so.

Attached: download.jpg (229x220, 6K)

but I will say, learning Swedish will open up the rest of Scandinavia for you. Both culturally and linguistically.

Would it be ok to you if you had mandatory Finnish/Arabic in school? I mean your Finnish/Arabic minority is as big as our Swedish minority?

We should commence interracial breeding grounds between Fennoswedes and Finns.

Attached: 0561256.png (331x152, 9K)

Don't all of you already speak English? Also, Swedish, Danish and Norwegian are all different languages, right?

Don't really see a reason to learn a language spoken in the middle east.

Yes, but we can pretty much communicate with each other in our languages. Gets a while to get used to spoken Danish though admittedly, but text wise it's fine.

It's retarded to make it compulsory since most Finns don't want to learn it, so all the classes are just wasted time that could be spent learning something actually useful

Attached: angry dial-up.jpg (700x560, 101K)

There should be freedom of choice but English shouldn't be the only mandatory language.
And of course if we remove Swedish from Finnish curricula, the same has to be done with Swedish schools - no more pakkosuåmi
Unless we somehow start the language strife again and begin demanding an exclusive autonomous zone for the hurris à la Åland while finnicizing the rest of the country and government, I think that both languages should remain official.

is this recent or has it always been mandatory?

Absolutely, once pakkoruotsi goes away, pakkosuomi will immediately go away with it

Swedish should be abolished and replaced with french or german.

It's been mandatory since the 60s, but since the 80s they also added virkamiesruotsi, a mandatory Swedish course for university students that you have to take to get a job at a government position

isnt Finish fucking bakwards and unable to talk to any other langauge

damn. if it's being shilled nowadays, expect to be conscripted to serve your dark skinned Swedish masters once they've drained their host to the West. you do know what "Gibs" is in Swedish, Pekka?

Attached: 1543768141986.jpg (631x580, 62K)

Vad sa du?

mostly yes, Estonian is at least auditorily similar IIRC. the plus side is that such a difficult language makes them less susceptible to a world of propaganda. fun fact: modern Hebrew was designed to be near impossible for Arabic speakers.

Attached: 1544367026438.gif (320x240, 700K)

Is it such a bad thing to have mandatory foreign languages? If I recall correctly you guys start your A language in 3rd grade and B language in 5th and then study them both until graduation. You also have the option to take a third language in lukio. Compare this to the US where I wasn’t even given the option of taking a foreign language until 7th grade and taking two or three wasn’t permitted until college.

>Don't really see a reason to learn a language spoken in the middle east.
Exactly, so why do we have to learn Swedish?

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finland's_language_strife

>During the resettlement of more than 420,000 Karelian refugees after the Winter War against the Soviet Union (1939–1940), the Swedish-speaking minority feared that the new Finnish-speaking settlers would change the linguistic balance of their neighborhoods.

Attached: 1542439712603.jpg (633x738, 85K)

Who's tougher swedes or finns?

True.

The problem is that you don't have a choice to pick another language instead of Swedish. Virtually everyone takes English and then you have to take Swedish, like it or not. Sure, you can take a third language in lukio, but some people like me have no way to fit it in their schedule. So, i have absolutely no problem with learning foreign languages (and we should have two mandatory foreign languages) but why does one of them absolutely have to be Swedish, instead of being able to pick the foreign language yourself?

>Don't really see a reason to learn a language spoken in the middle east
But they are as much Arab speakers in Sweden as there are Swedish speakers in Finland. You seem to be very pro mandatory Swedish, but shouldn't you have mandatory Arabic too? Won't you feel ashamed when you can't service an Arab in his native language? (this is the kind of shit mandatory Swedish pushers like to say)

Because you have a sizable Swedish speaking minority. Cede Ahvenanmaa and Pohjanmaa to Sweden l, kick out all the hurris or deal with it, bro.

>Don't really see a reason to learn a language spoken in the middle east.
I got news for you friend, they are growing and if you got a service job or work in any form of govermental agency with exposure to customers its helpful to learn arabic

I worked as a manager for a group managing invoices at a finance company and the one girl we had who knew arabic was taking over atleast 4-5 calls per day
Doesnt sound like much but it really puts a dent in your belief of which is the native language

You are litterly being oppressed by swedes. Every swedish person views you low on the racial hierchy. We can respect danes, and norwegians, albeit with jokes and banter, but we consider you low on racial hierchy.

Ontop of that, you are forced to learn swedish against your own consent, you are being spit upon. This is how we swedes do, we let millions of subhuman africans into our countries, and praise them and never critisize them, but we have no problem oppressing finns.

If i was finnish, I would go to sweden and cut heads of cats.... hmm no.. a finnish guy already did that... I would drink alcohol and beat swedish people, then flee back to finland and lay low for a few weeks, then repeat it. Maybe

We must have different maps.

I don't really care if you decide to abolish it or not. That's for you to decide. Your situation is different from ours since a fenno-swede is still a finn. An immigrant is an immigrant.

>Doesnt sound like much but it really puts a dent in your belief of which is the native language

Not really. You are isolated from society if you can't speak Swedish.

B A S E D. FINNO-URALIC-KHANIC UBERMENSCH
>Nordic IQ can't figure out a simple joke.
Must be an inbred Muslim or a Somali.

Oh look a poo. Here's a joke

youtube.com/watch?v=NNZA86wXDig

>What is your opinion about this?
Dead 2 snöjuden. One people, one country, one language

Fuck the Swedes. Why should Finns learn that useless language when nearly all Swedes speak English? Just learn English! A better second or third language would be russian since Russians dont speak English half as well as Swedes, but even so it should not be mandatory in schools.

Great, so Sweden should give their northern part to Finland then? And you should give all of your states bordering Mexico to Mexico? Just because you have a small minority doesn't mean that everyone has to be able to communicate with them in their language.

100 years ago 70% of Helsinki population spoke Swedish, now it's 5%. No need anymore for mandatory just stick with english and then have option at early for swedish too to side with english. And then more focus on german/chinese languages.

And Russian/english kids teaching( for eastern border schools)

Attached: 1541386713617.jpg (286x327, 75K)

Why bother?
tons of people in Sweden who don't speak Swedish, finish or English and this is acceptable because "Diversity"

English spoken by most of the white people in Sweden,
so if its useless in Sweden whats the point?

Just add Alluh Ackbar to the end of each sentence and most people will believe you are speaking what is widely spoken in Sweden

>And of course if we remove Swedish from Finnish curricula, the same has to be done with Swedish schools - no more pakkosuåmi
>Absolutely, once pakkoruotsi goes away, pakkosuomi will immediately go away with it
Nope, Finnish is the official language of Finland. Swedish needs to go, but obviously Finnish will still be mandatory

Another mandatory language wouldn't hurt.
The only reason why we still have pakkoruåtsi is because the constitution says something along the lines of "people are entitled to public service in their own language". Abolish that, and roll out a 2nd mandatory language that you can choose. More jobs for language teachers who know russian/german/chinese/italian/spanish/younameit, and those poor bastards who actually know swedish can get a job as translators in public services.

>Swedish needs to go
As if that needs and help
need to get started on a wall though before the gibs run dry

Attached: ae0139e7b3ebd2d7e1d648a817fb3234[1].jpg (640x356, 44K)

All countries should have mandatory English classes, we'll let them have the liberty of picking which version though.

so Pidgin/Ebonics to replace Swedish
its a language that would prove useful in Sweden making it a suitable substitute

my sides

Mandatory swedish is good, brings us closer to other nordic countries (white people). One should always strive towards whiteness. You are a cryptorussian, genetically the worst of finnish stock or eastern finnish if you disagree.

What's the point? Sweden will be speaking Arabic mainly in a few decades. Teaching Finns to speak Swedish is pointless.

>Swedish
>white people

Pick one!

Why do you see us low in the racial hierarchy? Finland is utopia tier in life quality, just like the rest of nordic countries. I don't really see what makes us inferior when our countries fare equally well.

I would say it strengthens the bonds between Sweden and Finland.

Attached: 99ea80af214460a2fbc9c3aca2809292.png (442x456, 308K)

Explains why sandnigger attacks are on the rise in Finland desu

there should be mandatory suomi all over the world
the language is fucking BASED

Who is the most Nordic country
Will you pick Polish New Ireland(Iceland)
or will you pick Fingolia(Finland)
Will you pick New Somalia(Swedistan)

The Somalis and Afghans have their own languages and they're not Arabic. Sven should be free to choose which one to learn though.

Did i hit a nerve Sven? Are you scared that you won't be able to fill in the tax forms of your tomato garden in Närpes in Svennish?

I don't think it should be mandatory. spend the extra free time on English and we'll have a easier time understanding you :)

Seems like the only way a bit of Swedish culture will be preserved.