Is terraforming Venus the only true thing we can do in space?

Interstellar spaceflight seems out of our reach. Mars colonization is impossible due to its low gravity... and rotating spacestations really are just a last ressort because people actually want wide open plains for hunting ane living.

That leaves only one option of a meaningful space stuff: to cool down Venus, have the CO2 liquify or fall out as CO2 snow and then cover it up at the poles and heat the planet up again.

Attached: 031CE4F1-F03B-4A33-B609-DB73E1F32BEB.png (600x315, 296K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QhuOMnHhFB0
youtube.com/watch?v=AYPpwPkoAls
youtube.com/watch?v=IKcTxwvzv8M
youtube.com/watch?v=Pg6VTzacb9I
youtube.com/watch?v=TE_kPD6H7xQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4CzikisZp3I
youtube.com/watch?v=uJx1uFj69j0
youtube.com/watch?v=jKhGC4hqmXk
youtube.com/watch?v=O2uhMzZMUH4&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=M_D4i3CLNqU&feature=youtu.be&t=1740
youtube.com/watch?v=7oBj7no85bU
youtube.com/watch?v=XHzzRbw0lgI
quora.com/Was-Einstein-a-fake-and-a-plagiarist
researchgate.net/publication/324783419_The_Case_for_a_Fourth_Spatial_Dimension_and_the_Hyperspherical_Force
m.youtube.com/results?search_query=geometry of higher dimensions
sdss.org/surveys/eboss/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

OR just build a floating city up where the temperature is cosy, the wind is linear, the pressure is harmless and there's no acid rain

3rd option. Spend resources send out emergency beacons. Our space program should resemble that of someone stranded on an island. It is the only rational choice. We need help.

Attached: cigar-shaped-asteroid-came-from-another-solar-system-1511284128-4451.jpg (800x600, 55K)

Actually this idea is verified as what the human race will do in the future. Nostradamus predicted this.

They want you to think the earth is round because that would mean there are limited resources. The earth is flat and there is unlimited resources, over the arctic wall is another society that wants us to fight over the limited land so only the strongest society comes out on top to join the ice wall society

Admiral Byrd, Antarctic Treaty, Nazi bases in Antarctictica, fucked up flight paths, Navy missile lasers staying level on water for over 100 miles, NASA fakery.

The sun and Moon are exactly the same size. Tides do not correspond to any model of gravity currently on the table. We only ever see one face of the moon. THERE IS NO SOUTHERN POLE STAR. THE STARS SWEEP ACROSS THE SKY. GOD IS REAL AND THE EARTH IS FLAT!!! SPREAD LOVE!!

youtube.com/watch?v=QhuOMnHhFB0
youtube.com/watch?v=AYPpwPkoAls
youtube.com/watch?v=IKcTxwvzv8M
youtube.com/watch?v=Pg6VTzacb9I

youtube.com/watch?v=TE_kPD6H7xQ

youtube.com/watch?v=uJx1uFj69j0

youtube.com/watch?v=jKhGC4hqmXk

youtube.com/watch?v=O2uhMzZMUH4&feature=youtu.be
>At some point in the future we're gonna look back and say "how did we do it WITHOUT SPACE"
youtube.com/watch?v=M_D4i3CLNqU&feature=youtu.be&t=1740
"What an amazing cheat... thing you've done" Trump says to the Satanic NASA propagandist at approximately 17:50

youtube.com/watch?v=7oBj7no85bU

wormhole accretion will make both space travel and terraforming irrelevant

People like solid ground below their feet.

And what if no one answers because our Earth is like the Easter Islands, the only island in the world?

Space is fake

Venus is beyond fucked it'd would a really long time and nobody wants to work his ass for something that will never happen in its own lifetime current society is to selfish, for that reason alone mars is a more viable choice

ASTEROIDS ARE FAKE

Wormholes aren’t real. Black holes lead nowhere, they are just mass that spikes into small space. It even isn’t a “singularity”, that is a misnomer. Due to Plank space the mass has a definite expansion which isn’t infinite.

This world is shit and deserves worse than a massive ELE-sized celestial body collision.

Globetards lmao

>Not realizing the bulk of his “space knowledge” comes from science fiction.
We’ve never done anything in space bro.
Probably never will

Attached: C2A4E6A3-82B6-4A30-AD7B-8CF4A1F58953.gif (344x203, 834K)

We need to work our ass off. It’s the only thing that will unify us as a people and a non-degenerate race.

>Telling the Allans that we are vulnerable and alone

Space is some dangerous shit.
You don't want to crash a bunch of asteroids into Mars to make it bigger, only to have it collide with Earth just a few decades later.
I'd stick to asteroid mining

>Archon Unobtaniumstein decrees there needs to be more diversity in our flying city
>imported Muslim snackbar's in the buoyancy deck
>city comes crashing down to the 400 degree surface
Sounds like fun.

Let’s start then, “bro”.

No magnetosphere. No terraforming possible until a way to deflect solar radiation is devised at the planetary scale.

If no one answers it is no different than never reaching an inhabitable planet. But we played the smarter odds.

We’ve done that already

Attached: E80DC254-CD26-4461-A841-09073CE0BE34.jpg (3500x2992, 780K)

There are no aliens in space. Humanity is the first, and must spread.

I guess a terraformed Venus can manage 10 million years with just losing a few percent of its atmosphere due to solar wind. And UV light is actually absorbed mostly by stratospheric ozone which builds up in an oxygen atmosphere by itself.

There's literally no point in leaving Earth and I wouldn't be surprised if there was a universal law that shits up anyone who tried to.

Where do wanna start, hepcat?
How about space elevators?

Attached: 02C3B37B-4DAC-4AB6-B3C5-1639DFDA1B72.gif (381x200, 1.96M)

The chance we find an exoplanet that we can live on is high, The chance we can terraform Venus is very high, the chance we can find smart alieens is slim.

How come Aussies see the moon upside down? Why can't they see the big dipper?

Attached: Y8DM54B.jpg (639x625, 32K)

>terraforming venus
Think we could terraform a comet while we're at it?
You fucking retards watch too much sci-fi.

>the chance we can find smart aliens is slim
Correction, the chance that we find smart aliens who don't immediately annihilate us is slim.

I don’t like space elevators, too fragile. I like the mass driver idea, much nicer and more stable. Ellesmere island would be perfect for several mass drivers.

It the risk you take in a universe that has proven itself more violent than peaceful.

Underground moon base seems more likely, then asteroid mining, then maybe venus/mars as the resources needed would be tremendous to do anything long term on either. Either way it's a death sentence for any post Earth generations returning here...I wouldn't wish it on my descendants. I legit hope that there is some way to better understand and use gravity.

Smart aliens are likely not negroes.

I know your picture is full of shit because it has those people at like 1000 miles tall what the fuck we arent giants

What’s your problem with Venus terraforming concepts?

What if an Aussie turns 360 degrees and walks, shouldn’t he see the other side of the Moon?

360 is a full circle. back where he started.

That’s the exact same picture of the moon on both side...
Way to stick your dick up your butt retard

Attached: 9E27E772-0D9F-4137-88DF-45D40600FF16.jpg (1162x919, 212K)

he would actually be staring at Uranus then.

The amount of electricity arcing across its surface, the surface temperature and pressure, the composition of the atmosphere.
You'd have a better chance of terraforming Mars even though its magnetosphere is practically gone and so is any chance of it maintaining any semblance of atmospheric pressure friendly to humans.

there is even a red square to help you out knuckledragger

Yeah.. one of the copies of the exact same pic got flipped..
Your point?

Neither of you have even the slightest scrap of data on which to base your guesses.

>Can't stop climate change to save ourselves
>Terraform another fucking planet
Sounds possible

the people who will be funding the first big push into space will be greedy penny pinchers, so naturally the main endeavor of early manned space exploration will be to harvest comets and asteroids for absurd amounts of resources that will make the gold rush look like child's play. the first space colony will probably be stationed near the asteroid belt.

Yes it is the same moon, so that is how they see it. Why not ask an Aussie to take a picture at the same time as yourself and email it to each other, then you can see for yourself.

>The amount of electricity arcing across its surface
What electricity?

>the surface temperature and pressure
Which is why I said Venus needs to be cooled down. A nice little 250 million km2 sunshade in space will do. At a few grams per m2, it is absolutelt doable.

>the composition of the atmosphere.
That’s actually a perfect one, you can rain out the CO2 and have a mostly nitrogen atmosphere and convert any remaining CO2 and CO to oxygen through greenhouses and global seeding of plants.

>You'd have a better chance of terraforming Mars
unfortunately Mars gravity is too low for humans to permanently dwell there over generations

>even though its magnetosphere is practically gone
Exaclty as irrelevant as for Venus

>and so is any chance of it maintaining any semblance of atmospheric pressure friendly to humans.
A magnetosphere may help with atmospheric drag over hundreds of millions of years. But do we really care about those long timeframes?

>What electricity?
See? You don't even know.

>A magnetosphere may help with atmospheric drag over hundreds of millions of years. But do we really care about those long timeframes?
The solar wind would blow away anything we pumped out at the surface, might as well piss in the wind.

You can’t terraform Venus retard

Why does interstellar travel seem out of reach? How much time did you spend working on it today?

Top dude is in the US not the UK
>Wow... y’all got anymore of that prooof?

Attached: ED04D85A-A4C1-4271-A926-28E96CB8ED79.gif (498x316, 1.09M)

This is what I am working on. All hands on deck this is our prime directive.

we haven't even built any large scale colonies in the sky, underwater or anything even in Antarctica yet. We're barely making man-made islands in the oceans. You think we're going to colonize and terraform another planet? It's literally hundreds/thousands of years away in terms of technology. We can't even cure basic illnesses. I think people underestimate how primitive we actually are. If you think we will be in space doing fun stuff like this anytime soon you're delusional.

Solar powered?

Attached: ABB28325-6904-4062-B48C-F23D2F1B7AD5.jpg (564x565, 117K)

Maybe you’re right maybe we should pursue many of the things you just said.

Of course we can stop climate change, but we don’t want to. We could stop climate change by simply planting trees at a cost of a few billion a year. But there is no interest in actual solutions.

youtube.com/watch?v=XHzzRbw0lgI
The more you know.

Terraforming is a very slow process, on the scale of geological ages slow.
best to go with 's route

>"In about 40,000 years, it and Voyager 2 will each come to within about 1.8 light-years of two separate stars: Voyager 1 will have approached star Gliese 445, located in the constellation Camelopardalis; and Voyager 2 will have approached star Ross 248, located in the constellation of Andromeda."
We'll be balls deep in the Warhammer 40K timeline before it comes near any other star and that is using the term near liberally.

Surely even a flat-earther is familiar with the concept of a northern hemisphere and a southern hemisphere?

People in australia shouldnt see the exact same moon but upside-down retard. They should have an ever so slightly different perspective. They should see more of the "under side" and we more of the top

What electricity?

The solar winf hasn’t blown away the 90 bar Venutian atmosphere in 5 billion years. Why should it start to do so when it is 2-3bar?

population reduction is the unspoken evil needed.

Terraforming Venus is impossible, and even if it were, is too close to the sun.
The best you could do is turn it into some sort of forge-industrial world.

It is out of reach because of the distances we need to travel, the energy requirements, potential for serious damage from micrometeroite collisions at high speeds etc.

Ok... but for an internet one picture diagram I think it explains the concept pretty clearly. Not sure what your point is.

We cannot cure the common cold as there is no cure, Nothing prevents us from putting sun shades into space between Venus and the Sun.

>concept
Nice use of words

My point was just to be a confrontational ass, I had nothing constructive to say. But actually thats fascinating I never thought about how the moon would appear flipped.

>so is any chance of it maintaining any semblance of atmospheric pressure friendly to humans.
I hate it when people say this shit, when they say that the solar wind has and will strip its atmosphere away they mean over millions of years, if we had the technology to give it an Earth like atmosphere right now it would be depleted in a few million years, not in a time-span we really care about

/this/

This is what I’ve been looking at lately: this Marco Pereira Guy seems interesting

quora.com/Was-Einstein-a-fake-and-a-plagiarist

researchgate.net/publication/324783419_The_Case_for_a_Fourth_Spatial_Dimension_and_the_Hyperspherical_Force

m.youtube.com/results?search_query=geometry of higher dimensions

sdss.org/surveys/eboss/

Attached: 140B2468-A907-4F09-BE05-3C1BEA7106D1.jpg (800x1423, 208K)

>give it an Earth like atmosphere
Where would we get it?

Attached: 009FD528-DAF4-4D14-9C87-6609351E5441.png (2048x1536, 1.52M)

Just dump a few trillion tons of cyanobacteria. They will make O2

Venus still has a functioning magnetosphere to prevent that, Mars doesn't.
>what electricity?
I've already given you more of a hint than I was given when I discovered what's really going on at ground level on Venus.

>Nasa sends a solid gold record into deep space with instructions how to invade us..
I was being a tad sarcastic..
I’m not sure how that’s not the stupidest thing in the history of mankind, if they really did it.

Attached: 0D365FA0-82E5-4C76-819A-5CD00CDB5737.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

The surface of Mars is actively being sterilized by the sun. I hope you have some hearty bacteria that can eat nothing and magically poop out atmosphere.

Unlike Earth, Venus lacks a magnetic field. Its ionosphere separates the atmosphere from outer space and the solar wind.

As you are wrong on all things, I won’t ask you again about the ludicruous claim of magic electricity.

>X and Y seem hard
>so lets do Z which is harder and on a timescale in which X and Y will easily become feasible

wishful thinking
seriously I don't know if people take in account how big shit is and how long it would take, maybe you can paraterraform it(dome it over) and create atmospheric sections but full on Spore terraforming would take practically as long as pulling it apart for dyson parts
it's a golden dickpic user, for the sexy blue aliens that exist out there, you gotta have faith!

>cyanobacteria. They will make CO2
Or trillions of tons of cyanobacteria corpses

Attached: 6C8B5120-0E78-4149-9B4F-690AAB822516.gif (327x200, 1.28M)

x and y are impossible, so let’s do z because it works and we’ll get a freaking second planet from it

>we cant terraform earth he thinks we are going to terraform another planet

>x and y are impossible
False.

Terraforming any planet in our solar system is science fiction, all terrestrial planets in our solar system are tectonically dead, no energy being emitted from the planet's cores. You could dump trillions of dollars worth of work into these planets, it's just a waste and will leave the atmosphere.

Venus is bad for terraforming. 400 Celsius means it's way too hot, and the acidic athmosphere guarantees there won't be any long-term colonies on the surface.
Both Mars and Europa are better candidates.

Why can’t we terraform Earth?

>Photoshop pic of earth
>Photoshop pic of Venus.

In space, no one can hear you fart.

venus is a gas giant. good luck with that.

What if we take Mercury and crash it into Mars?

Venus is rocky.

haha like uranus haha XD

Then you end up with a serious dent in Mars.

you're a gas giant

It is also interesting about how Northern hemi folk do not see southern hemi folk's constellations and vice versa. Even though it may look like the big dipper on their flag, I do not think it is.

HAHAHHAHAHH and people say germans dont have humor

good job adolf, 10/10

Argies are the best Hanses, aren’t they?