Is corporal punishment ethical?

Imagine you're a prisoner in a saudi-ish state of indeterminate ehtnic makeup.
You've been convicted of some crime. You have no appeals left. You're given a choice:
7 years prison, or have your left hand cut off.

What's your choice?

Attached: Amputated-left-hand.png (520x691, 546K)

>ethic

7 years no question. I only have two hands and need them both. I’d be like 35 when I got out and still have more than half my life ahead.

op needs to have his hand chopped off

Trick question. You ask them to amputate both your hands and then you go to prison. That’s how you stick it to the man.

7 years in prison. Maybe if we had the bionics to give me a fake hand I would choose that instead though

high five!

"Some crime" isn't good enough. You're going to have to be more specific. You wouldn't choose amputation for parking violations, not even in Saudi States.

I'm generally against this kind of thing. Especially if its dispensed via a governing body. Sure there are people out there who probably deserve to have their hands chopped off. But that's a job for vigilantes and individuals, not government. Giving people the legal right to take your limbs is savagery. You should be able to fight it.

>Imagine you're a prisoner in a saudi-ish state of indeterminate ehtnic makeup.
You mean a nigger or a mutt.

Read discipline and punish by foucault. Literally anything is better than how we punish criminals today. Bring back public execution ffs

Kek I'm right handed

Prison over losing a hand. But I would take beatings over prison. As for the first question, there's nothing inherently wrong with corporal punishment as long as it's proportionate. In a lot of cases it would work better and be much cheaper than prison.

it's barbarian, only treason should be punished with death

They can put it back on again after right?

IS this real? Do they actually amputate hands for crime? I know of the Old Testament style of law and such but I wasn’t aware that it was like this - state sanctioned amputations.

In the bible there are just 3 kind of punishments

1.- Fines
2.- Beating/Slashes
3.- Death

Fines are usually for petty crimes including Theft. You have to pay back to the offended party 5 times the worth of what you stole, and if you cant pay you'll do it through labor

2. Beatings is for more serious crimes like non deadly assault or fornication.

3. Kidnapping, Murder, Adultery, Rebellious children, Blasphemy

Cutting off hands is stupid. Think about it, now that no hand thief cripple nigger can't get a job and has to go on welfare and continue to steal from everyone for the rest of his life.

Agree. it should just be a beating

Half your life, and all your hands.

As opposed to half your hands, and all your life.

Depends on the crime. Then it comes down to a biblical argument, can people be a righteous judge?

The only times limbs should be taken away is from serious repeat offensives. If a dude slaps his wife that is not a serious offense. If a women beats/shakes her child to death, then both her hands should be removed.

Am i actually guilty of this crime or is it a case of mistaken identity?

If seven years is half your remaining life at 28 your fate was unfortunate to begin with.

maiming decreases productivity. That one handed criminal is no longer any good for drafting or manual labor.

this; a poignant reflection of the idiocy of muslims

Attached: 1542161560779.jpg (562x768, 96K)

Corporal punishment is necessary for low time preference negros, that have a difficult time with the abstract idea of future consequences.

Corporal punishment is also necessary when there is limited civic infrastructure.

Example: Post-Apocalyptic colony with 300 members in community. No official judicial system, police force, or prison system. Putting someone in prison for 7 years isn’t feasible, therefor, remove a hand.

It's the only way to impress those shitskins. prison time in the west is a status symbol for them

why?

It's real. They cut off the left hand because thats the hand used to wipe your arse and the right is used to eat food. The real punishment is having to eat your food with your shit wiping hand.