Atheists should make fun of "psychics" more

I'm an atheist, but I have some problems with the atheist community as it currently exists. One of the biggest problems with the modern atheist community is that we constantly make fun of religion, but there are some other forms of bullshit that we often ignore. Instead of just being anti-God, we should be all-around anti-bullshit. that way, people will stop accusing us of having a particular grudge against Christianity.

For example, we should spend more time making fun of people who claim to have psychic powers. I will admit that "psychics" are a minor threat, but we need to show the masses that we are equal-opportunity skeptics.

We should do more of this.
VVV
youtube.com/watch?v=joADD7jWqa4

Attached: James_Randi.jpg (1099x1237, 633K)

randi is (was?) a gay pederast charlatan and the godfather of both the mid-aughts fedora cringe and the modern day sciencism ideology

is he a kike? i would imagine most involved in this humanism shit are

Grow up and go to Church. Everyone there is faking it just like you, so just shut the fuck up and go with it as long as it is not a degenerate religion like Islam or Catholicism.

Attached: GetrightwithGod.jpg (438x652, 119K)

>randi is (was?)

He's still alive.

>a gay pederast

Proof?

>charlatan

Proof?

>and the godfather of both the mid-aughts fedora cringe and the modern day sciencism ideology

What you call "sciencism" is just reality.

>is he a kike?

No.

hmm... And what created the big bang?

wew lad

Attached: 24529_403577343734_4007343_n.jpg (225x300, 12K)

>Grow up and go to Church.

Make me.

>Everyone there is faking it just like you

Why should we?

What created God?

>Everything I don't like is reddit.

KEK

You know that there are Christians on Reddit right? Reddit has basically everyone.

Because we need routine and tradition to give our lives meaning and order. Atheism never has, and never will be, the organizing principle of society. Anytime that has been tried--Bolshevik Russia and Communist China--it has always lead to ruin and decay. Just because we don't understand why we need religion doesn't mean we don't need it. So quit being a fag and go to Church and get a nice girl pregnant, otherwise we will all be raped by Muslims in a few decades.

Do any of you have any real arguments? All I'm seeing are tired clichés.

- "Vaping"
- "Le Reddit Army"
- "Fedora"
- "Neckbeard"
- "Gay"
- *Photo of a drag queen who may or may not be an atheist taken out of context.*
- "Leaf"
- "Le Trudeau"
- *Pickle rick joke*

Is this going to be one of these threads where people just repeat these clichés forever instead of making a valid argument?

Whatever gave rise to the big bang is by definition transcendental above time and space, so is not subject to cause and effect.
You might say well why does that make it God?
Because the only difference between a Theist and atheist is if what created us was sentient.
Sentient exists, and nothing can come from nothing ("emergent properties" is bullshit), So sentience must have at least pre-existed creation.

Nothing, he is the alpha and the omega. He is the summation of all possible timelines in all possible universes. Trying to explain to you what God is would be like trying to explain what you are to a piece of bacteria in your stomach.

And what is your position on psychics, mediums, etc

Shut up you fucking faggot

>Because we need routine and tradition to give our lives meaning and order.

Work already gives us a reason for a routine. I already have a job.

>Atheism never has, and never will be, the organizing principle of society.

I agree. Logic should be the organizing principle of society.

Atheism is, on its own, a blank void. I choose to fill the void with logic … as opposed to postmodernism.

>Anytime that has been tried--Bolshevik Russia and Communist China--it has always lead to ruin and decay.

Wait a minute. First you say that atheism leads to chaos. Then, you say that atheism leads to tyranny. That literally makes no sense because tyranny and chaos are opposites.

>Just because we don't understand why we need religion doesn't mean we don't need it.

This is just hollow special pleading.

>So quit being a fag

Projection

>and go to Church and get a nice girl pregnant

I don't want a "nice girl". I want a woman who can keep up with me intellectually.

>otherwise we will all be raped by Muslims in a few decades.

Rape is forbidden in Islam though.

>but there are some other forms of bullshit that we often ignore
Probably due to the fact that it has nothing to do with atheism.
>things are a "threat"
Against what, exactly?

This entire post is just special pleading.

>read post as saying "Physics" not "Psychics"
>I'm like fuck yeah, dark matter needs to be taken down a few pegs
Bullshit filler science used to explain why results don't match the standard model, instead of possibly blaming the standard model as being wrong. But that would be scientific blasphemy.

James Randi is gay
nothing he says is worth listening to.

Attached: 1514049853643[1].jpg (275x183, 11K)

>Nothing, he is the alpha and the omega.

Special pleading.

>He is the summation of all possible timelines in all possible universes.

Word salad.

>Trying to explain to you what God is would be like trying to explain what you are to a piece of bacteria in your stomach.

I don't expect bacteria to worship me though.

We live in a world fine tuned to produce the building blocks and environment for life.
How do atheists explain it?
That it arose from nothing.
Explain it with the only thing we can truly say is a impossibility.

Projection.

What is grown up about church?

What does this have to do with atheism?

In what way specifically?

>Probably due to the fact that it has nothing to do with atheism.

It uses the same logic as religion though.

"Don't try to understand it! Just listen and believe!"

>Against what, exactly?

Against logic and scientific literacy.

Lol magick is real phaggot... the psyops which convince Americans otherwise are losing out fast

OP was able to deduce what my point was without any explanation, and I'm sure you actually understand it to.

>Bullshit filler science used to explain why results don't match the standard model

Literally nobody has faith in dark matter. It's a hypothesis.

>instead of possibly blaming the standard model as being wrong.

The standard model works in most other instances though.

>Because we need routine and tradition to give our lives meaning and order
We cant just figure out what we want out of life, find a balance, and enjoy life?
>Atheism never has, and never will be, the organizing principle of society.
Correct. It makes no other claims than the lack of belief in a God or gods.
>Just because we don't understand why we need religion doesn't mean we don't need it
Do you wear life preservers around because you might need it?
>So quit being a fag and go to Church and get a nice girl pregnant, otherwise we will all be raped by Muslims in a few decades.
I'm pretty sure theres more than two options in life.

>James Randi is gay

He's not flamboyant or whiny ... so why do you care?

Get up off that thing

Attached: fight for whats right.jpg (2560x1583, 1.95M)

>we mock peoples most deeply held beliefs
>we should mock even more peoples most deeply held beliefs
Or you could, you know, maybe not be marathon-running-crossfitting-vegan-electric-vehicle-owning level annoying cunts. But that's none of my business.

But I am an atheist with psychic powers.

I predict shit that heppens in a few days in my mundane life.

Attached: 1544319052998.jpg (316x316, 20K)

Attached: ENGLISH Back.jpg (381x650, 92K)

>We live in a world fine tuned to produce the building blocks and environment for life.

If the universe is fine-tuned for life, why is most of the universe lifeless?

Maybe one of the parallel universes has life on every planet. THAT would be a universe fine-tuned for life.

He's under the mistaken impression that atheism is all about promiscuous sex … because he is ignorant of the history of atheist philosophy and chooses to remain ignorant of it.

Aphrodite, Apollo, Apsu, Ares, Artemis, Asclepius, Athena, Athirat, Athtart, Atlas, Baal, Ba Xian, Bacchus, Balder, Bast, Bellona, Bergelmir, Bes, Bixia Yuanjin, Bragi, Brahma, Brigit, Camaxtli, Ceres, Ceridwen, Cernunnos, Chac, Chalchiuhtlicue, Chang Hsi See Heng-O, Charun, Chemosh, Cheng-huang, Cybele, Dagon, Damkina (Dumkina), Davlin, Dawn, Demeter, Diana, Di Cang Dionysus, Ea, El, Enki, Enlil, Eos, Epona, Ereskigal, Farbauti, Fenrir, Forseti, Fortuna, Freya, Freyr, Frigg, Gaia, Ganesha, Ganga, Garuda, Gauri, Geb, Geong Si, Guanyin, Hades, Hanuman, Hathor, Hecate (Hekate), Helios, Heng-o (Chang-o or Chang Hsi), Hephaestus, Hera, Hermes, Hestia, Hod, Hoderi, Hoori, Horus, Hotei, Huitzilopochtli, Hsi-Wang-Mu, Hygeia, Inanna, Inti, Iris, Ishtar, Isis, Ixtabm, Izanaki, Izanami, Janus, Jesus, Juno, Jupiter, Juturna, Kagutsuchi, Kartikeya, Khepri, Ki, Kingu, Kinich Ahau, Kishar, Krishna, Kuan-yin, Kukulcan, Kvasir, Lakshmi, Leto, Liza, Loki, Lugh, Luna, Magna Mater, Maia, Marduk, Mars, Mazu, Medb, Mercury, Mimir, Min, Minerva, Mithras, Morrigan, Mot, Mummu, Muses, Nammu, Nanna (Norse), Nanse, Neith, Nemesis, Nephthys, Neptune, Nergal, Ninazu, Ninhurzag, Nintu, Ninurta, Njord, Nugua, Nut, Odin, Ohkuninushi, Ohyamatsumi, Orgelmir, Osiris, Ostara, Pan, Parvati, Phaethon, Phoebe, Phoebus Apollo, Pilumnus, Poseidon, Quetzalcoatl, Rama, Re, Rhea, Sabazius, Sarapis, Sarasvati, Selene, Shiva, Seshat, Seti (Set), Shamash, Shapsu, Shen Yi, Shiva, Shu, Si-Wang-Mu, Sin, Sirona, Sol, Surya, Susanoh, Tawaret, Tefnut, Tezcatlipoca, Thanatos, Thor, Thoth, Tiamat, Tianhou, Tlaloc, Tonatiuh, Toyo-Uke-Bime, Tyche, Tyr, Utu, Ullr, Uzume, Vediovi, Venus, Vesta, Vishnu, Volturnus, Vulcan, Xipe, Xi Wang-mu, Xochipilli, Xochiquetzal, Yam, Yarikh, Yhwh, Ymir, Yu-huang, Yum Kimil, or Zeus?
How many one true Gods are there?

>We live in a world fine tuned to produce the building blocks and environment for life.
>How do atheists explain it?
Probably something similar without a God shoehorned in.
>That it arose from nothing.
Who says this?
>Explain it with the only thing we can truly say is a impossibility
I think the honest answer is "I dont know"

How come their magic tricks never work under controlled conditions then?

Personally, if you're going to believe in bullshit, might as well not half-ass it.

Attached: Quetzalcoatl.jpg (560x477, 72K)

One

Attached: JESUSCHRISTISGOD.jpg (1920x1186, 942K)

>Work already gives us a reason for a routine. I already have a job.
No, I mean spiritually, emotionally, what gives your life meaning. These are needs hard wired into the human condition, so eventually you will need something to fill that.
>I agree. Logic should be the organizing principle of society.
Already tried. It's called authoritarian high modernism. Also, Gödel's incompleteness theorems tells us this a non-starter. The only rational choice is to take a leap of faith like Kierkegaard says.
>Wait a minute. First you say that atheism leads to chaos. Then, you say that atheism leads to tyranny. That literally makes no sense because tyranny and chaos are opposites.
No they don't. Look up the meaning of tyranny and chaos.
>This is just hollow special pleading.
No it isn't. Learn how to spot fallacies instead of mindlessly parroting one you have heard of.
>Projection
faggot
>I don't want a "nice girl". I want a woman who can keep up with me intellectually.
Bullshit, you want a woman who is fertile and capable of producing offspring. It's what every guy has wanted since man first crawled out of the slime.
>Rape is forbidden in Islam though.
Found the Muslime.

>It uses the same logic as religion though
It's not a religion, and makes no claim about psychics.
>Against logic and scientific literacy
Then be against it. It has nothing to do with atheism, regardless.

>We cant just figure out what we want out of life, find a balance, and enjoy life?

Haven't you heard? People who do what they want inevitably end up raping babies! … or some shit like that. LOL

Now give us a list of all the gods who claim to be the "One True God".

cringe

I'm asking you. Atheism makes no claim about the big bang.

There is but one and he is all of them. As we evolved as species we were guided by his hand. When we need to be brave, strong warriors and explore the world, he took the form of power pantheon gods. And when we needed to learn diplomacy and to work together on a larger scale, he showed us the way with peace.

You are not a faggy edgelord trying to win intellectual arguments about shit you know little about. Believe me, you will do shrooms and grow out of it one day.

How many of them are worshipped now? How many were ever considered the one true god (actually none of them were)

100% of the universes we have ever witnessed have had life in it.
And we actually don't know what parts, or how much of the universe are lifeless, how would we?

We live in a world fine tuned to produce the building blocks and environment for life.

yeah no shit. And if we didn't then you couldn't ask yourself that question. Hence it's not a shock at all.

i dont get atheists, they claim that "logic, reason, and science" can debunk all religions of its own merit. But at the same time they ignore the fact that the universe and everything in it seemingly came out of nowhere, which would mean that it had a supernatural beginning. The very EXISTENCE of the universe debunks atheism.

yeah but they aren't as prevalent as religious retards. I still make fun of my mom for believing in astrology and stuff

>"Free gift."

All you have to do is supress your curiosity and critical thinking skills for the rest of your life!

Atheists are almost always really awful people. That is evidence right there

Attached: Open_minded_atheist_books.jpg (1600x906, 254K)

Do not trust other peoples word for god, No matter how pure man tries to be, he will always be biased in some way. Ask yourself and examine your own reality. Meditate if you have to.

> missing the point
Even if there is a god or some higher power, we wouldn't have the slightest clue what the fuck it wants, if anything.

No wonder atheists are hated, revolting 'people'

Attached: Smug_asshole_atheism.jpg (509x552, 60K)

adults raping kids is the grown up church thing to do, didn't you know????

My curiosity and critical thinking are far superior to yours

Attached: Religion_rule_life.jpg (509x552, 59K)

>church thing
I'm talking about real religion, not Catholicism Papacy bullshit.

>Who says this?
Lawrence M. Krauss for one. Many others as well.

Funny how you never hear atheists talking about ridiculous Jew shit like menstrual baths or fucking through a hole in a sheet. I had so much fun in college baiting people into saying all religious people are stupid then calling them anyisemites to watch them recoil in terror.

>we mock peoples most deeply held beliefs

Isn't that what we do to SJWs?

Is Jow Forums a politically correct feelz site now? KEK

>Or you could, you know, maybe not be marathon-running-crossfitting-vegan-electric-vehicle-owning level annoying cunts. But that's none of my business.

"Start caring about the feelings of other people! Stop being so insensitive! We don't want to trigger other people you shitlord!"

I thought this board was about political incorrectness.

This post ends in 4.
Debunk that.

>You are not a faggy edgelord trying to win intellectual arguments about shit you know little about
I'm definitely none of this anyways, I'm not sure what that has to do with my question, but ok.
>Believe me, you will do shrooms and grow out of it one day
What viable information could you obtain about God by using shrooms? And how could that information be used, knowing you're pushing foreign chemicals into your skull to trip?

>making fun of people who claim to have psychic powers
Aren't they making a joke of themselves? It's like poking fun at flattards, you can and it's pretty fun but everybody knows they're retarded.

>One
Funny that is also how many times do you have to cut your foreskin off to go to heaven.

Dean Radin Real Magic

It does work in labs(the head of the American statistical association said psi phenomenon is real and science and stats back it up... faggot) , although for some reason magic works better in the real world. Gordon White talks about this on his podcast

How many fingers am I holding up?

>God loves us.

Every abusive parent makes that claim.

primate altruism.
srry, the seeds of being social creatures were there before we were human.

>We cant just figure out what we want out of life, find a balance, and enjoy life?
You can try to figure it out on your own, but you will just end up in the same spot. If you try to question everything your ancestors passed down to you, eventually you will go crazy.
“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.”

>But at the same time they ignore the fact that the universe and everything in it seemingly came out of nowhere
Well, we dont know how it came about exactly. That would be the honest position to take.
>which would mean that it had a supernatural beginning
This doesnt logically follow.

A+

The point of you listing all those different deities was to discredit the Jewish/Christian God's uniqueness. It was not about knowing what God wants.
If you're going to avoid answering my question, do it honestly and simply don't reply. Don't come up with some bullshit lie about how that wasn't what you meant. You were absolutely clear about the purpose of that post.

The cia studied psychics and they still do... tier 1 SOF operators use psychic abilities.

True story

k

Sure, but atheists do in an attempt to explain our existence without God.

In 2006, Dawkins criticised ‘hysteria about paedophilia’ and said that, even though he was the victim of sexual abuse at boarding school, he would defend his abusive former teachers if ‘50 years on they had been hounded by vigilantes or lawyers as no better than child murderers’.

There is only 1 God fren, and His name is God.

>Using the Bible to prove the Bible.

Attached: Circular_reasoning.jpg (604x523, 57K)

>Atheists are almost always really awful people
How many specifically?

if something came out of nothing it defies the laws of physics, meaning its supernatural

Not a shock, but does imply design.

These are actually the correct and most enlightened response to faggots like you though. The world of human interaction and psychological coping mechanism has never and will never be able to justify itself in the frame of it's own logic as we've defined it and the horrible depression and suicidal tendencies of the actually most intelligent high IQ thinkers attests to this. If you truly commit to reason you'll see there is no reason for any of existence and the most logical action to take in the face of this harsh cruel reality is to just fucking kill yourself. You just don't understand this yet because you're actually as autistic as the religious people you mock and fundamentally everyone knows this about fedora tippers which means the fedora tippers are just stuck up faggots living in a delusion that offers nothing of substance with no metaphysical foundation to offer people who while they also live generally in delusions, generally create more comforting myths intended to offer a sustaining vision with ideals they can aim to live up to. So people that would throw stones in their glass house when the rest of the world was minding their business are deserving of being called faggots

>Isn't that what we do to SJWs?
I personally don't mock SJWs for their beliefs. I mock them for their ridiculous actions or appearance. As far as I'm concerned, they can believe whatever the hell they want as long as they don't intrude into my life.

Then why are you here? Are you lying about your intentions?

What is his definition of "nothing"?

this, atheist BTFO

Criticize the Muslims and Buddhists. Also all the people who claim to be “spiritual” instead of religious

>You can try to figure it out on your own, but you will just end up in the same spot
Then why am I not in the same spot, if this were true?

My stance exactly

>No, I mean spiritually, emotionally, what gives your life meaning.

We're all surrounded by natural beauty. What more do I need?

>Already tried. It's called authoritarian high modernism.

We don't need authoritarianism. We just need to teach ordinary people how to question bullshit.

>It's what every guy has wanted since man first crawled out of the slime.

Speak for yourself.

>uniqueness
Ok, they're not all claiming to be the one true. But these are still god that people prayed to, worshiped, and in some cases died for / killed for. How can anyone know what the one true god is?
> inb4 cuz muh faith tells me, in my heart, or some shit

Attached: your you.gif (500x278, 430K)

>Anonymous
THE JEWS ARE WAGING :

>CULTURAL
(socialism/communism/Anti-Westernism)
>RELIGIOUS
(Anti-Christianity/atheism/paganism)
>DEMOGRAPHIC
(trannyfaggotry/race mixing/ "childless" lifestyle)

W A R
A
R

ON US.

>AND ALL 3 WITH MIGRATION
(by importing foreign heathen shitskins)

>CONSTITUTING POLITICAL WARFARE
(Divide and Conquer between :
-Europeans of North & South
-Americans & Europeans
-Coast Americans & Flyover Americans
-Generational rift, Boomers, X&Z
-White women & men )

GET ARMED

>What viable information could you obtain about God by using shrooms? And how could that information be used, knowing you're pushing foreign chemicals into your skull to trip?
It's not so much the information about God you recieve, but the relationship between our conscious experience and how our minds structure reality in the brain. Then you realize this is the forbidden fruit the bible was talking about in the Garden of Eden and that almost all other stories in the Bible serve as maps for pre-modern people to explain the world. But there is still much of the world we have yet to explain, and probably will never be able to explain (i.e. the problem of consciousness), and this book is the best we got.