Is Frontier Thesis the ultimate red pill?

Is Frontier Thesis the ultimate red pill?

>First American colonists brought over cucked millenia-old European beliefs and traditions.
>Had to reconquer nature, fight savages, and reestablish civilization.
>Each successive generation had to repeat the process as the frontier was pushed westward. Each putting to test the previous generations' ways--keeping good aspects while culling residual bad ideas.
>Repeated adversity and starting fresh cultivated a spirit of individualism, creative problem-solving, violence, distrust of authority and high culture, and formation of strong communal groups--collectively forming and maintaining what comes to be known as the "American Spirit."
>When frontier was closed, and the West largely settled (sometime around early 20th century), America began to cuck itself, leading to growth of central government, return to intervention in foreign affairs, and slowing of innovation.
>East Coast is emblematic of old money, shitty traditions, high culture, gun control, and big government while pockets of the rural west remain red-pilled or at least have residue of past red-pilling.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frontier_Thesis

Attached: Across the Continent.jpg (960x616, 167K)

i never knew that had a wikipedia page. thanks user!

bamp

i'll bamp your thread too, because i like it!

bump

One of my favorite American writings of all time. I'm not surprised this board doesn't mention this too often, as it's controlled by southern white trash with room temperature IQs and east coast wagecucks; not the eternal rural multi-generational westerner

Attached: 1510157345675.jpg (959x771, 582K)

thanks for the bumps, I can only bamp so much. I guess I'll just keep posting art

Attached: Manifest_destiny.jpg (615x480, 133K)

Good post. Have a bump.

I've never seen it mentioned here. As someone from the mountain west who's moved east recently, it seems to account for a lot of the (noticeable) cultural difference

Thanks user, this thread is hanging on by a thread

Attached: A Storm in the Rocky Mountains.jpg (1549x896, 1.28M)

>America is a nation

Wow blew me away. Great stuff.

Attached: Trudeau Head.png (155x209, 67K)

>First American colonists brought over cucked millenia-old European beliefs and traditions.
>Had to reconquer nature, fight savages, and reestablish civilization.
This has happened several times over too.

Attached: Rhodie Tricolour Flying High.jpg (1280x960, 78K)

There's another side to this as well. Think about the immigrant stock that you get in each scenario.

My ancestors came to America in the 1700s. They faced a hostile wilderness with no infrastructure and belligerent natives. They left a life of relative comfort in Great Britain to make their own way in a strange land with nothing but their wits and labor product.

Contrast with today's immigrants, who enter an advanced society with no existential threats and very little struggle. Most immigrants today can receive free benefits from the moment they set foot in America: free housing, food, etc. Homesteading is unheard of and even mild opposition to them is discouraged by the ruling class.

Is it any wonder that America is on the decline? We previously stocked our nation with self-sufficient, upstart, hardy citizens, whereas today we simply babysit people who are only here to live a comfortable life of excess.

What happens to us when the gravy train comes to a halt?

we need to conquer space now

If you're an American and this doesn't make you feel something, your soul is dead.

There is one flaw in your ideology, most federally owned land is in the west. Would that imply the Indian Wars was a ploy by Big Government to grab land and keep it for themselves by using racially charged propaganda?

Yeah, that and the whole "east coast people live in a bubble" that's parroted by conservative media is pretty true. How does someone living in NYC know what's good for some rancher in Wyoming? But yeah, it certainly was a culture shock going east for school, but it was good to know what other parts of the country thought of us flyovers

Manifest Destiny was the truest expression of the American ethos. Now we live in an age where there's nothing left to explore, an age of control that suffocates the yearning soul.

What is your stance on Federal Holdings? Do you believe it to be exploitative?

We do have more places to explore, most notably in areas of cybertechnology, space, and particle physics except those areas all require functioning brain power and not brute force, as was the case 150 years ago

Manifest Destiny in my opinion was a lie that implied private ownership of land in the Western Frontier when in reality the Indian Wars were used to deprive people of Private Property.

Thanks user, surprised at myself that I haven't seen this before.

Attached: 1.jpg (2000x1364, 679K)

there was already a civilization there, dummy

FYI There is a lot of real estate between Jew York and Miami, and a lot of good people inhabit that area. The degenerates tend to cluster around the urban hellholes, as they should,

>>When frontier was closed, and the West largely settled (sometime around early 20th century), America began to cuck itself, leading to growth of central government, return to intervention in foreign affairs, and slowing of innovation.
Yep.
This is why we have to go to space.
If we don't stop perusing the frontier, society deteriorates into soft faggotry.

Manifest destiny is not dead. Not when the day of the rake and Alberta await us.

Yes and no, I do agree that we should have lots our most beautiful land set aside for the public so that all Americans can use it. And really only Americans with money and sense of adventure (i.e. middle to upper middle class whites) go to isolated, yet beautiful, national parks that are commonly found in the west. However, the government owns 80% of the State of Nevada's land, much of which is Mars-tier in terms of its ability to grow anything. Nevada is a huge producer of gold and silver so anytime a mine has to open up or some rancher needs more land, the government has to get involved and it becomes a pain in the ass for the locals. And sometimes locals get pissed and that's when you get incidents like the Cliven Bundy standoff or the takeover of that national park outpost in Oregon. Yet, people not from here don't understand how much land the government owns and how much it creeps into lives of people who just want to be left alone

But yeah, there's certainly good and bad to government owning a lot of land out West, there just has to be a delicate balance. Too little control and you get corporations destroying anything in their path to get some money. Too much, and you get a government extorting money from people who are trying to make an honest living and be a staple in their regional economies

I think most Federal Land should be auctioned off. The frontier ethos of a drive of private ownership/betterment and the tragedy of the commons of perpetual public land holdings are irreconcilable

Considering moving to Iowa, the most privately owned State in America.

It's corporations ultimately who benefit from government control since they do joint-enterprises, it's done to squeeze out small businesses and kill competition.

I didn't realize that, My family has roots there, maybe I'll consider buying some acreage.

>auctioned off
In this day and age, you and I know damn well it's either going to go to a) some rich boomer who will block off the best parts of the park for himself and persecute anyone for trespassing or b) some corporate fucker who's gonna turn the land into swiss cheese. Back in the days of the "frontier ethos", basically those who weren't loaded were like "well fuck, the feds are offering cheap land out west. I don't have dick here so I'll see if I can improve my life a lil' bit". That"ethos" is dead in the sense of this self-determination, get-out-of-poverty way of thinking. Acreage out here isn't cheap if you're looking for something with a decent view or access to amenities and is mainly bought by retirees

America was cucked after 1913 with the establishment of the Federal Reserve. Since then we have been under the control of (((them))).

It really depends on the administration desu. During more conservative ones, these joint-enterprises are not unheard of, however during more liberal ones, there's more of a government land-grab tactic and attempting to extort anyone who isn't the government in the name of muh environment and muh endangered fly species

Plan on setting up a Lime Marmalade Business with the Marmalade made out of Secret Limes. Protip: They can grow in the Midwest.

Have you been in a National Park or wilderness area? They are filled with tourists, overcrowded, and not put to their best use in the first place. They may be bought by rich boomers but it seems just as likely conservation orgs with deep pockets will buy up the best parts (funded by other rich, maybe liberal boomers). I'd rather have the land in the hands of people with an economic incentive to preserve its value.

Attached: l&c expedition.jpg (922x704, 214K)

Now I just feel like more of a failure to my pioneer ancestors

Attached: 1539407417169.gif (600x502, 37K)

You see, that's why I believe there should be laws in place for private landowners to protect endangered species on their property because it prevents land grabbing.

Dude I grew up in one basically, jut not a "mainstream" one. Tourists only stay within like 5-10 miles of the visitors center at most of em anyway. That's why big time parks charge entrance fees in an attempt to keep the riff raff out and keep the park clean. I'm not doubting you on the conservation orgs though, as they'll probably buy up the land with no resources. Gotta keep those outsiders out somehow

>I grew up in one basically.
You're Wildlife.

Attached: ZHmHih5.jpg (600x315, 26K)

People can live on federal land, there's lots of small towns in the forests, in addition to the numerous other towns that surround the parks and forests

>Repeated adversity and starting fresh cultivated a spirit of individualism, creative problem-solving, violence, distrust of authority
There's your problem

>take in millions of immigrants in 19th century
>people with no loyalty to birth country
>signed themselves into slavery, scrambled onto boats to get to America
>lived in poverty, shat on by locals because they're foreign and just seeking opportunities for themselves
>promise anyone who goes West that they can keep the land they settle
>they go West, learn to live rough and independent of society
>they don't develop the same national identity as the Americans who fought off the British and forged a nation that continued the march of European civilization to the new world
>they don't need it, they live free and wild
>be surprised when they don't give a shit about it being taken over by Jews, and just want to tend their land and herd their cows.

We should've closed our entire country on September 3rd, 1783 and kept it closed like the shoguns did in Japan.

Attached: 1541742690905.png (429x410, 26K)

Basically serfdom.

Attached: Albert Bierstadt (1830-1902) Looking Down Yosemite Valley - Oil on Canvas - c. 1865.jpg (4050x2691, 2.48M)