Buddhist-derived meditation mandatory in US schools

Public Schools are now teaching meditation derived from Buddhism. Mandatory for all students in certain US schools, you can opt out but the kid has to wait in the hallway doing nothing for 15 minutes.

Is this an infringement of the constitutional rights of Americans? The ACLJ (a law watchdog group) claims it does and is looking into legal action, but the ACLJ has tried to get Christian prayer practiced in schools. How is that not hypocritical?

Also, if meditation has proven benefits and no religion is being taught with it, who cares? Do you really feel this is a major issue?

aclj.org/religious-liberty/aclj-challenges-buddhist-meditation-practices-in-public-schools

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 8.15.35 PM.png (1820x1256, 2.3M)

Other urls found in this thread:

aclj.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Public schooling is an unconstitutional Zionist plot.

Attached: 1502049818561 - Copy.jpg (480x640, 111K)

how about them teaching students how not to be fat?

>aclj.org/

>American Center for Law and Justice is a d/b/a for Christian Advocates Serving Evangelism, Inc., a tax-exempt, not-for-profit, religious corporation as defined under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, specifically dedicated to the ideal that religious freedom and freedom of speech are inalienable, God-given rights

The ACLJ is run by that conman Pat Robertson from the 700 club, the one always saying if you send HIM money, Jesus will give you what you want.

Meditation, unlike the aforementioned activity, can be helpful.

FPBP

Attached: Part 1 Prussian School Pill.png (1196x1387, 293K)

Because the school can't control if the student has fat, retarded parents

Attached: Part 2 Prussian School Pill.png (1196x1652, 694K)

>sits in a yoga pose
>buddhist
I didn't hear Buddhist do this shit.. Might as well practice Muslim prayers.

god i want those feet in my mouth

I would rather the schools focused on things like teaching children that ripping off parts of babies penises is unacceptable. The yoga lessons can wait.

This. Way more important unconstitutional violations occurring harming the most basic human rights.

>I didn't hear Buddhist do this shit.
Plenty of branches of Buddhism teach and utilize that very pose for meditation.

Of course, you can get the same benefits from just sitting straight in a chair, so some don't bother.

>Public Schools are now teaching meditation derived from Buddhism.
What they actually mean is teaching meditation with a curriculum built from social media posts of women that think that those posts are reflective of Buddhist belief systems and doctrine. It will have absolutely nothing to do with meditation and just another time slot to goof off.

>Plenty of branches of Buddhism teach and utilize that very pose for meditation.
Monks do this? I unlike you have Buddhist around, we'd meme it into existence if they do anything similar.

Based.

Attached: 1535988013947.webm (640x360, 2.93M)

that is the least offensive thing. How about trans-kids being chemically treated... dad's mouth kissing sons, can't step on a spider without it being a national crisis, retarded math, selective history, banned classic books....

Attached: mass_media_poison.jpg (480x692, 21K)

I think that having children sit 15 minutes in silence is less harmfull to them than drag queens reading books to toddler.

Like others said, there are more pressing things that require attention.

Source? Buddhism seem like a rare acceptable religion.

LUCIS TRUST

>trying to get a class full of Tyrone's to meditate
lol good luck with that

Attached: happy abo.jpg (600x400, 43K)

You can't separate things like meditation and yoga from their religions. These "exercises" are entangled with them. The ohm, poses and movements are still religious.

It has foundation im eastern religion. Similar to yoga. If they forced your child to do something that had foundation in devil worship should people not be troubled by that? Same shit.

>MUH RELIGION!!! I MUS DO THE OPPOSITE
Meditation is a nice thing that helps you focus, why are you so offended by it? They aren't forced to worship some other Jebus.

There's nothing wrong with Buddhism

Attached: 1537065394928.jpg (271x186, 12K)

BIDF fuck off

>tyrone meditates
>oooouuhhmmmm
>ooouuhhmmuuuuhhh
>ooouuhhmmuuuhddiiiiiiick
Student Raped at Middle School during Meditation session
January 14, 2019
"Ayy yo she was sittin' there all cross leg and shieeet and stickin' her titties out she was asking fo' it" ~Tyrone

Why Getting Meditation Raped is Cathartic (and it's Beautiful)
by Schlomo Shekelsteingoldberg
January 15th, 2019

Attached: 1523007874492.jpg (198x276, 24K)

Since your Russian you have Vajrayana practitioners most likely. Theravada Buddhism does this all the time. Ever try going on a serious meditation retreat to learn from an actual meditation teacher that has literally spent decades meditating? They will MAKE you do a pose like this. Go to Bodhgaya and see for yourself. If you prove unable to to do it, they will let you sit in a chair, though.

School curriculums do the exact opposite of what they intend to do, because they have to be inclusive rather than do it right.

>"Muslims are like African Carps, they breed rapidly and have violent behavior".

Not even Trump would get away with saying that shit. How did he do it?

Meditation isn't allowed if you're Catholic. You're practicing Buddhism if your meditation is isolating yourself from everything including God. God is always with you.

Stand up

Attached: 1541822467558.jpg (2556x1886, 1.54M)

>God is always with you.
Damn I hope not because I'm a complete pain in the ass to be around all the time.

Not necessarily. The Buddha said his teachings were like a raft to help you cross a river. They serve a purpose, but are not actually the full truth about consciousness, since that is ineffable. Whatever is true about what Buddhist meditation can do to transform the human-mind is true even outside a Buddhist context, hence the popular "If you see the Buddha on the path, kill him" saying.

If done *skillfully*, teaching someone how to meditate properly is the only teaching they'd ever need spiritually, wether in a Christian or Buddhist or Hindu context.

This should help out in raising an entire generation of mindless robots.

God created everything ex nihilo. I'm sure he can put up with you, just as he's done with every human being to ever exist and will exist.

YOUR KIDS WILL MEDITATE IN SCHOOL
YOUR KIDS WILL MEDITATE IN SCHOOL

Attached: Dead_Kennedys_-_California_Über_Alles_cover.jpg (220x220, 24K)

Main issue is that meditation focuses on teaching on avoiding the world, world is inherently anxious, the anxiety and dread of the world can only be solved through trascendence, god, eternal life, the supreme reality, justice, etc.

When you meditate about consciousness, you are accepting a nihilistic view of the world where everytime you go off from meditation you suffer anxiety, you may try to meditate everytime you feel anxiety instead of just realizing that the soul is tested on reality

>Source?
The Venerable Wirathu

This is a typo, correct? NOT being able to seriously meditate or self-reflect is why we're drowning in spiritually, intellectually and morally dead robots, or NPCs if you prefer.

Remember when school was about learning? Me neither

Almost all problems can be solved with exercise, diet, mindfulness, meditation, and self-education. I fully support the adoption of health practices such as this.

Damn Nazis, stealing the coolest Buddhist symbol and making it something you can get shot for wearing.

Huge. This act presupposes a religious view, and if we're not going to have any religions practiced in school, this cannot occur by order of the school.
That is different than the students acting for themselves.
Which reminds me, you can pray all you want in school during any time you are in free time, so long as you don't intentionally disrupt class.

Meditation as an act is completely secular and helps you mitigate the effects of anxiety and cortisol. Christ you people are retards.

Attached: BA85368C-D971-4DC4-94F1-53A80222AF70.jpg (250x187, 16K)

Eastern meditation is NOT secular and you are a fool if you think that. Don't put the Lord's name in vain either.

The perfect time for Jerome and D'Quann to go around stealing shit out of everyone's backpacks

I think meditation is a good thing, but it shouldn't be forced upon kids if they don't wanna do it. They should just give them 15 minutes of "self time" or something, let them pray or meditate or jerk off or whatever

eastern buddhist meditation is not the same as self-reflection or Christian forms of meditation. Buddhism meditation is literally NPC meme tier with the goal of all becoming one/nothing/same. It's literal NPC

>This is a typo, correct? NOT being able to seriously meditate or self-reflect is why we're drowning in spiritually, intellectually and morally dead robots, or NPCs if you prefer.
Thank you good sir, could not have said it better myself. Being lost in thought and a slave to your imagination/emotions is what makes you an NPC. Meditation manifests tranquility and clarity of mind, as well as improved focus and critical-thinking.

Good to know.

yoga and hippy breathing meditation is satanic

Any form of mind discipline does that. Pinning it down just to buddhist meditation is ignorance. Whats with all the atheists swarming to buddhism lmao pathetic

This. Yoga and eastern meditation is inextricably linked with the occult and new age demonic practices. These are literally practices in the satanic bible in order to be possessed.

Meditation SHOULD become secular. There is nothing about mindfulness that supports or in any way denies a God. It’s literally just paying attention to what’s happening.

>yoga is satanic
This could mean either;
>performing stretches and exercises in a certain way to improve your health is satanic
or if you don't just mean hatha yoga
>breathing in a certain way is satanic
>charity is satanic
>etc.
You're fucking retarded.

>Any form of mind discipline does that.
Not as well as meditation, that's the answer you're looking for. They are putting insane money into researching meditation now and it has science behind it. SCIENCE

0 fuck given

>being this dumb
Buddhist symbol is like a T
Nazi like an X

>Meditation SHOULD become secular.
Meditation is a broad term that encapsulates all religions. What you mean is eastern buddhist/hindu/anapana/vipassana meditation, yes? If so these are not secular and will never be secular. These are linked to eastern religions, no matter what you think or believe.
>it's natural so it must be good
oh boy...

>breathing is occult & satanic
wat?

Buddhist nationalist here. and yes you should fear the Dhamma as we will replace your superstitions in the dustbin of history where it belongs.

Checkd

Meditation really just amounts to taking a break. Wrapped in spiritual mumbo jumbo so people don't give you shit for it. It's not a bad thing for kids, taking a few minutes to unwind is good in almost every context.

Buddhists are pretty cool too. They're a nice foil for muslims and can get away with criticizing them because minority status.

Does violate church & state tho. Deserves attention. Not because it's a serious problem, but if pushed to its conclusion either way you'll get a precedent out of it that will prove useful in the long run. And leaving it alone will set a precedent you probably don't want used against you unless you've got a 4D chess maneuver planned out.

>went to all boys catholic high school
>took senior elective "Christian Zen"
>taught to meditate as a form of prayer

atheists realized how empty their lives are and Buddhism, if you know nothing about it but a few passages, appears to them to be a 'secular religion' so the flock to it. But in fact there is a rich theology involved in every school of Buddhism, various realms, deities, etc.

Meditation without spirituality isn't meditation. If you're not trying to become enlightened/closer to god/the universe then what are you even doing.

Tantra Yoga is pretty satanic desu

Attached: kali.jpg (500x731, 410K)

So we ban teacher led prayer but make Buddhist shit mandatory? Really makes me think.

Stretching is not the same as yoga. Hatha yoga such as sun salutations are poses linked directly to the worship of Hindu gods. It doesn't matter what you believe when you do sun salutations, but if you do them you are worshipping Hindu gods, which is satanic in religious beliefs other than Hinduism.

Meditation literally changes your brain waves to becomes NPC. It lowers your brain waves.

These practices are linked with buddhism and Hindu gods, such as sun salutations or pranayama (breathing) practices. Whether you believe it or not they are inextricably linked with the worship of occult gods.

>christian religion good, buddhist religion bad
It's not hypocrisy, it's theocracy.

I'd opt out then go sit in the hallway and meditate for 15 minutes

Anti-Christian!

Nice posts on all your replies. I agree with all of it. Buddhism just as, if not more, "out there" than any other religion with like you said, realms, gods, planes of existance, spiritual realms, etc. They are playing with fire thinking they are safe.

>Meditation without spirituality isn't meditation. If you're not trying to become enlightened/closer to god/the universe then what are you even doing.
Good point as well. I realized I wanted peace in the afterlife and meditation is pointless for that. So i researched, found out it is demonic and useless, and sought after Jesus Christ. It makes infinitely more sense.

Buddhism has more superstitions than any other religion. It's the biggest meme.

It's supposed to be a Catholic Church, not a Catholic school.

Parents that are willing to send their children to a public school to be educated by peope they don’t know probably shouldn’t be too upset by this.

Freedom of religion and freedom from religion.

Fuck Buddhism!

Attached: pepe_wojak_apophis_amun_ra.jpg (615x410, 121K)

Tantra roughly translates to "skill". It isn't just sex stuff.
Then don't do them? There are a lot of poses that are beneficial to your health and well-being, and probably a few that you practice without even realizing it. The thunderbolt pose is what the Japanese call 'sitting down'.

I try to "meditate" in the steam room. Which, is really me just taking slow deep breathes that equate to something like 4 breathes per minute. It's more influenced by Ninjitsu than Buddhism, but really I'm just trying to clear out my sinuses.

Is meditation inherently religious?

Mail these to every public school teacher.

Stretching is not the same as yoga lol. It's the intention and routine of poses that matters. I don't do them, and I warn others who know nothing about the depths of buddhism and hinduism to not do them too. Meditation and yoga is in NO WAY secular. You are playing with fire.

Except when the Lamists torture you for being a Wojak peasant that looked at the Lama in the wrong way.

Attached: wojak_life.jpg (1600x900, 90K)

Yes. Meditation cannot be separated from spirituality/religion. That's the goal of meditation, and it is dangerous to think it is secular like many meme atheists do. Imagine saying the Rosary is secular. It is linked to religion.

I don't think it's inherently satanic but agree it's incompatible with Christianity.

Tantra is a form of Hindu worship where you expose yourself to 'impure' things in an attempt to overcome their negative karmic affects and gain enlightenment or a higher rebirth. So you cover yourself in blood, have orgies, and sacrifice animals, etc. Very satanic stuff from the Christian viewpoint, even most Hindus look down on it

radical buddhism when?

meditation can be secular and prayer is pretty much a form of meditation brainlet

I just wanna Hostel II that fine bitch in the screenshot.

BTW she’s not meditating, roasties always think they are meditating but they aren’t.

t. Theravada Vipassana expert trained in the Thai forest tradition of Ajahn Chah

>Meditation literally changes your brain waves to becomes NPC. It lowers your brain waves.
[citation needed]

and from an actual respectable scientific study, not Answers in Genesis.

Ironically, meditation will lead to rebellion as people see through the kind of disgusting bullshit that they're fed through the ZOG spoon.

Wrong

Correct

Christian meditation/prayer is very different from eastern meditation. Christian meditation is on the Word of God, while eastern meditation is to empty yourself. Empty yourself for what? Most people don't even use logic this far. You are emptying yourself to be possessed if you meditate.

Buddhism is already radical. The meme of peaceful buddhism is fake. They commit scandals, murders, riots etc.

Oh, I mean the person you were quoting, sorry

Former Gilet Jaune protester here. Macron made a lot of good points. I’ve been talking to my family and friends, and we all pretty much agree it’s time to move on. Things will get better; we just have to trust in the government. I'm convinced and very happy with his proposals. It's time to stop the protests, go back to work and heal this nation.

I don't look at all the poses, I just get on the floor and start stretching and moving my body around. Sometimes I do it standing up and I'll be moving my arms around like I'm doing some kind of Tai Chi Qi Dong Super Dragon Ball Z shit just to stretch and tense and loosen all my muscles.

One does it empty oneself in meditation, quit cherry picking from westernized misconceptions.

This just isn't true. Meditation helps the brain recovery from and endure stress. NPCs don't practice Buddhism; they adopt the "everything is connected" bullshit line and get drunk at a nigger bar with their faggot friends on the weekends.

Attached: Jews Own Your Mind.jpg (1600x1250, 353K)

>being a godless commie
Hell is for ever!

So you excercise. Period.

Your argument would seem to be that if you're doing the poses solely for the health benefits and not practicing sun salutations/other yoga kata, what you're doing isn't actually proper hatha yoga. In that case, what's the issue here?
In any event, I've been too busy lately to do anything but armchair occultism; been intending to do research into Taoist sorcery for a while.

Damn you must have been huffing the crack pipe instead of meditating.