Alchohol issues

Hey adv...

Currently have the dream job. Dream life. Financially stable. Just dumped a bunch of toxic junkie friends and im part of a small startup company.

Only problem is.... i like to drink.

This has never been an issue to anyone else other than my girlfriend (who is also a buisness partner).

She has PTSD from being violently raped by a man who was reeking of every type of alchohol concieveable

I drink 3 beers a night. Sometimes 4.

Am i an alchoholic? Do i give in? She constantly smokes pot all day and i cannot partake because marijuana makes my ADD go insane.

Help.

Attached: received_10216834467717471.gif (498x278, 1M)

You both need to quit your degenerate ways.

Yeah no thanks

back in sept i got into my one and only automobile accident, definitely drunk, got a duii, had to go to treatment for like 6 months. i got to see what real alcoholism is like, got to meet people that couldn't stop in the face of life devastating coincidences and shit... and everyone in between.

i will say from my recent experience that it's really hard to tell when someone crosses the line, but basically if you're drinking with any normal frequency, for instance every night or every weekend, you may have a bad relationship with alcohol.

when you get away from the stuff you will realize it's a waste of time and money, it's worth it to take at least take a break to see this.

consequences***

take a look at what older alcoholics look like, they're all fucked up, start slurring their words, age like milk. look at jan michael vincent. you wanna end up like that, be my guest.

THIS JAN-UARY
GET READY
TO
MICHAEL
DOWN
YOUR
VINCENTS

>my girlfriend (who is also a buisness partner).

Stopped reading there. You're fucked!

Speaking from experience, i had my adhd diagnosed proper last year, got prescribed adderall. Stoped smoking weed, drinking, doing nothing but play video games. Basically decreased my overall degeneracy, mush healthier now, better job, degree, etc. I don't know if that's any help, but personally, I can't recommend it enough if you have legit attention issues. It's like putting on glasses for the first time.

Attached: 5e6d6db0a0e8a7e89fce3b3218b9b3f6--adderall-funny-art.jpg (564x752, 93K)

In August of 2017 something happened that pretty much traumatized me (it was my fault). I have thought about it all day every day ever since it happened. As a result I began to drink 4, 5, 6, sometimes 7 nights a week.

After a while I noticed the alcohol was feeding into the depression and anxiety caused by what happened. Still haven't been able to stop drinking regularly.

I would say that 3-4 beers a night isn't really all that much, but it's definitely not healthy.

3-4 beers a night? That's definitely not healthy. Even if you ignore the negative effects of the alcohol itself, 4 beers is also about 600 calories. Unless you're doing cardio every day, you're gonna grow a gut OP, no doubt about it.

Also making yourself smell remotely like alcohol around your gf when she has that PTSD issue sounds pretty self-centered.

Why do you need to drink in the first place? Just because you like it?

Have you thought about checking out AA? I'm going to my first NA (narcotics anonymous) meeting in a few hours. I was basically where you are a couple of years ago.

>She constantly smokes pot all day and i cannot partake because marijuana makes my ADD go insane.
I can't blame her, she has PTSD, weed is often a useful medicine for those of us dealing with that shit.

It's probably wise to try not to trigger her into thinking about her rapist, considering you're her bf and stuff - for someone with PTSD it can be like reliving it, or just really shitty in various ways. I dunno man would you want to be reminded of being raped? Sometimes you can -feel- it happening, like phantom sensations of re-experiencing the pain and everything else, which feel as real as the real thing. Even phantom fucking jizz in your mouth and sinuses. Not fun shit. Not everyone has that type of stuff going on, but it's a pretty common re-experiencing symptom.

Just saying. It might be helpful for both of you, if you cut back on your drinking, or started drinking something that reeks less than beer, desu - like seriously. I drink 150mL vodka every day, and I don't reek of booze. Beer is just really stinky. Stick to low-scent alcohols, if you're going to drink.

>In August of 2017 something happened that pretty much traumatized me (it was my fault)
It's really common for people to blame themselves for traumas that happened.

Why do you think it's your fault?

>3-4 beers a night
>alcoholic

Attached: 1t6gu1.jpg (680x477, 87K)

> I have thought about it all day every day ever since it happened
Have you seen any therapists for that? Even if you think it's your fault you still should get treatment. You being bothered by it, almost a year later, is indicative of a more serious problem going on, not something you want to just ignore, because it's already spawned substance abuse issues and I'm sure depression.

Shut up you crybaby, 3 beers a night is almost normal and 4 is still not even close to a problem. I can drink much more than that, keep it under control, and wake up fine the next day and go to class. Unless alcohol is actually causing a problem for you then you dont have a problem. If youre still worried you need to deal with it then just fucking cut down and dont whine about AA memes that were jesus scams to start with.

The real alcos Ive seen on Jow Forums drink like 15 a night.

Alcoholism isn't just binge drinking. Alcoholism can also be a small amount of alcohol consistently throughout the day so it's never completely out of your system. It can be needing alcohol to fall asleep every night. It can be feeling like you're fine and you have it under control, but you feel like shit when you don't so you do it anyway, the same way that people can stay up night but feel shitty the next day. There's also a spectrum of severity and it's not always extreme.

if you need it daily to improve your mood or your function, you are alcoholic.

>3-4 beers a night
>alcoholic
Congratulations user you like beer. You know what the difference is between a drinker and an alcoholic? Drinkers know when the booze store closes. Alcoholics know when it opens.

Ask me how I know.

yes.
alcoholic is when you are outside the shop waiting for it to open at 8am so you can buy drink to keep you going for the next few hours.

your gf hates the booze smell and you can't toke, therefore your fortune is that you will find common ground or you will split wit each other.

I know that but you process a drink an hour, retard. 3 beers is neither binge drinking nor being mildly fucked up all day, its just 3 beers. Some government health boards even say 3 drinks a day is fine for a man, and the lower ones say 2 is fine.

People don't need to be both into the same drugs. I've been in relationships where one of us was into alcohol/weed and the other wasn't, and things went fine in regards to all that.

Keep in mind that three beers can also be drastically different defending on the person, their tolerance, and their body size. Three beers for a six-foot big dude is way different than three beers for a petite woman.

I think the real issue here is that OP is dating a weed addicted rape victim. Rape victims are always weird and hard to live with and I dont want to start a stoner vs. alco flamewar but its clear to me that alcohol is a drug that fits much better with society whereas weed has various chemical and social traits that make people have a hard time being successful adults.

OP is clearly a man. I think he should cut back as he is slowly entering dangerous territory, especially if all his friends are chem whores, but the current ammount is no big deal.

Dude wtf are you smoking? Like am I just falling for shitty bait?

I have, in my lines of work, dealt with stoners, meth heads, crack heads, opiate addicts, and alcoholics. The worst group to deal with is the alcoholics. Worse than meth heads, though meth heads are pretty fuckin' bad.

I find that they don't actually follow through with violence as easily as alcoholics.

The drug that is clearly worse for society, is alcohol. It's undeniable, way too much evidence supporting how bad alcohol is for the body and mind.

Pot heads on the other hand don't fucking traumatize you.

Also nobody fucking chooses to be raped, you've probably dealt with like one out of millions and millions of rape victims, at best. I doubt you've even lived with one lmao

I just want to add that the biggest alcoholic I know is the one who most vehemently claims that they have it under control, that it's not a problem, and that it's normal.

Lol triggered

Honestly give up all the “drugs” the “change your thought perception” they don’t really help or make you feel better in the long run.

Well no shit dude lol.
Even with shitty bait you're gonna catch the low hanging fruit.