>No friends, no one to motivate you
>No motivation
>Stay in home most of the time
>No social skills
>Bad scheduling skills
>Mediocre memory, have to work to memorize things
>Not enough money for drugs
?

If you did pass how did you do it? If you were in the state but got out, how'd you do that? I'm pretty lost right now, I spent most of my life inside and didn't go to school between 6th grade graduation and college.

Attached: College-Graduate[1].jpg (500x333, 38K)

Online classes so I could cheat and copy/paste the questions into google helped.

I fell for the STEM meme and can't do that ;_;

I possessed at least half these traits in college and gave up on it lol
It's not looking good, OP. Especially since it sounds like you were convinced to go into STEM rather than wanting to. That's gonna be rough.
But who knows, be a pioneer.

Oh. Well if you're under 2 years completed just drop out, your loans will be less to pay off. College is fucking stupid anyways, I wish I didn't go and just worked and focused on getting more job experience anyways.

I have probably 2/3rd those traits, all of them except the social skills (although they're mediocre), family and friends (I don't have any friends who motivate me though).

I'm not done yet but should be by the end of the year in my Biology bachelors. Not sure how it is where you are but in Australia it isn't too hard to scrape by with passes. My average grade will be ~55/100 by the time I graduate, which is trash but I'll still have the piece of paper I guess. Literally just sticking with it and learning how to get passable marks is the key, unless you want to do well in which case it's probably impossible without the motivation. I'm a firm believe that you don't need anything to do well at university besides motivation and time. I have lots of time but I'm a lazy PoS who's been sick of study for three years now (did a TAFE course in Lab Tech before uni). Underloading to 3 instead of 4 units a semester can help, although the laziness/lack of motivation still kills.

My family is full of people who dropped out or didn't go to college and they're poor, miserable and with a lot of health problems. They all want me to finish college too, I'd rather just get a comfortable job and die doing that and not much else than go through all of this though.

>Internet and game addict
Yup. Spend 8+ hours a day consuming media on my off days.
>No job
I have a job
>Mostly uncaring family
Yup. Most of them forgot I was in college.
Four friends, give no shits about me
>No motivation
Somewhat. The fear of student debt keeps me from failing my courses.
Yup. I dont mind tho
>No social skill
stunted for sure
>Bad scheduling skills
Nah Im great at scheduling. I'm a procrastinator
yup
I buy weed bimonthly

Attached: cb44fa0.jpg (890x960, 82K)

>Nah Im great at scheduling. I'm a procrastinator
I'm average but that's what I meant, being a procrastinator.

Mentioned drugs because adderall and shit would probably help.

I'm gonna guess your parents came up in the time when a degree actually guaranteed you a better standard of living.
For the most part it will, but employment is still a huge task even for STEMfags. Especially if you don't have a reputable alma mater, don't succeed academically, and don't get into several internships.
Basically if you just coast this it's no guarantee you won't still be a poor faggot, unfortunately. You're gonna really need to shift gears if you want to make this work.

>You're gonna really need to shift gears if you want to make this work.
I know, it's just rough trying to change myself.

You're listing those things as if they were set in stone facts about yourself, when in reality you can overcome those things if you're willing to step out of your comfort zone

The only real issues are the lack of motivation and time management. Social skills to a lesser degree. Everything else is more or less unnecessary to do well in school.

Do a lot more or your homework in libraries or coffee shops to help with time management.

To improve your social skills and maybe make friends, join a club or two.

To help with motivation, think about what you will achieve and be able to do with the skill set you are acquiring. About the status and money it will give you. About people you look up to in the industry.

college is a scam. I have a MS in CS and I’m unemployed with work experience.

jobs asks degree or 4 yrs experience , the experience is better because some places only require X years experience with or without a degree

college is not a scam. It just full of people who don't what the fuck they are doing. If you want a real job worth going to school for, look into accounting, environmental engineering(not nature, like building environment), be a contractor, shit people actually need IRL

I was an extremely shy basement dweller back in 2006. My family was supportive but frustrated that I wasn't progressing in college. I didn't have any friends, almost never left my room for anything (waiting until everyone else was asleep even to find something to eat) and had serious, serious trouble in any social situation, even in class. There are some classes I just never went to because I was too worried about what everyone would think. To top it off I was up to my eyeballs deep in credit card debt, on occasion having to use credit card cash-advances in order to pay off credit card bills. (looking back, this was incredibly stupid, but I had no source of income and it was either that or no fuel to get to campus)

At some point I stopped feeling sorry for myself and realized that if I didn't at least make an effort, I'd never move forward, I'd probably drop out, become homeless and die on some street. A visit to a psychiatrist also helped, it wasn't as expensive as I thought it'd be.

I kept working toward my degree, and eventually a professor took note of my work and asked if I wanted to join an assistantship on campus related to military work. I received a discount on tuition and about $8k a year. Looking back that is a pitiful amount of money but it was a major boost to my self-esteem to not have a debt cloud over me, but more importantly, it was the first time I was being paid to do this stuff, all that time since kindergarten spent as a loner nerd in a basement on a computer with no friends finally was recognized.

From there I somehow worked up the courage to get my thesis published and presented. Then I somehow landed a job at Amazon as a computer programmer. That was several years ago, now I'm not only making more money than I know what to do with, I'm taking leading roles in major projects with real-world impact.

Still though, outside of work I'm incredibly shy, friendless and don't really go out. In some ways it's only gotten worse.

Maybe at first, but not when I completed my degree.
>>Internet and game addict
I stopped playing games and started to manage my addiction.
>>No job
Applied for jobs.
>>Mostly uncaring family
That was never a problem for me.
Move out, don't be a burden or source of negativity and then repair the relationship.
>>No friends, no one to motivate you
Become friends with other students.
>>No motivation
Motivate yourself.
>>Stay in home most of the time
Set an alarm in the morning. Get out and do the things you want to do.
It is so much easier to continue than to start.
>>No social skills
Do like other people.
>>Bad scheduling skills
Routine.
>>Mediocre memory, have to work to memorize things
Then work for it.
>>Not enough money for drugs
You do not seem like a person who can afford to do drugs even if you had the money.

stop doing drugs, rope or graduate,

>Move out, don't be a burden or source of negativity and then repair the relationship.
It's not negativity or a broken relationship, it's apathy to my actual struggles(before something bad happens), they love me as an idea but they don't care about anything I have to say and nothing I do or want to do gets supported beyond "that's nice". I used to have a whole complex as a child and teenager where people would cut me off, misunderstand me or nod and ignore everything I actually had to say and I would get really upset or insecure. I'm a lot more used to it but I still feel empty, I don't feel like I matter to my family except in the most shallow sense. Like how a goldfish matters, you feed it and make sure it's healthy but, beyond its survival, every thing it does is insignificant.

>To help with motivation, think about what you will achieve and be able to do with the skill set you are acquiring. About the status and money it will give you. About people you look up to in the industry.
It's really bad but I don't care about any of that. I'm in college kinda because I have to, I wouldn't work or do anything besides stay in my room and do what I do in there if I didn't have to.

I'm about a year away from graduating, but my grades have improved significantly.

Basically I got an on campus job (they let you study while you work, and I got a GF)

OP you gotta give it some effort. You can't coast by and expect to pass. Especially in STEM, you have to put forth effort.
I coasted in high school by doing great on tests and did shit regarding anything else. I hardly turned in homework and never studied for tests. All this bit me in the ass in college and I failed some classes and did horrible in others but would pass with a C.
I realized at this rate I would fail out of school if I didn't apply myself. I didn't want to waste the opportunity so many people in the world would love to have, a university education from a first world college.
So I applied myself and got a degree. I only wish I had went for STEM.

If home is a problem, stay far away! When not in class find a nice secluded spot in the library and study. Or go to a coffee shop. Study outside the house so you're not tempted to game and develop a routine.

Tremendous brother, glad you escaped that muck and overcame! Be proud.

It sucks when random people on the street have more empathy for you than friends you’ve had for years. My family guilt me into going into college but give zero fucks about my achievements. I just went to college because they told me to. The market here is oriented around customer service and my accounting degree feels like waste of time. I feel socially stunted from studying so much and everyone wants to hire an annoying extrovert who will be part of their fan club instead of someone like me who is generally reserved and bitter about being overeducated but still having to work in a restaurant. I want to just move across the country where my degree will be relevant but the combination of no financial experience and very little money saved up is discouraging. I guess I can work as a bank teller but I’d prefer to be an accountant where I wouldn’t have to interact with customers.

Guys I'm really struggling at college right now. I'm a 2nd world shithoper so my uni has no clubs and it's small. I have no friends here as I can't relate to anyone. So making friends here is impossible what can I do? It kills me everytime I sit in class and have these people stare at me who despise me because I'm too quiet. The thing is I'm not quiet when I'm with someone I like, I'm only quiet around ''normies'' as I would say. I'm really depressed right now it's affecting my life

>Internet and game addict
internet, stopped playing vidya
>No job
yes
>Mostly uncaring family
no
made a few friends, but i still had to motivate myself
>No motivation
I basically forced myself
yes
>No social skills
basic social skills
>Bad scheduling skills
yes
yes
yes

Had to force myself to study a few weeks prior to major exams

really start taking gear it will change your life all of those things are happening to you because you dont look good enough

Attached: image (7).jpg (635x679, 90K)

You could probably pass, but you're really not going to get the most out of it. Drop out, get your shit together and THEN go back to finish your education.

Took too long myself to finish college, blew a scholarship and am paying off loans on a stem career salary. I have somewhat high functioning ADD that wasn't diagnosed until later on in life(which may or may not just be bullshit excuses).
Actionable advice: start offloading your task related memory to a device/software. Keep lists and dates and calendars available to you and make it a habit to update with new items the instant you get them available to you(or as you think of them). Also, develop some charisma and meet someone in classes that you can do homework with, preferably someone about as smart as you, if not a little bit slower. The idea here being that they will motivate you to try, because when you're working together, you're trying to help each other. You may be willing to go out of your way to help a friend more readily than yourself.
Next, start making it a point to go to class every time. I don't care how you manage this. Maybe go early and play video games in a student lounge, or deny vices to yourself if you don't go maybe? Have your friend peer pressure you.
Between those things, just turning in homework that you actually worked on a bit and showing up to lectures... If you can reasonably comprehend language, you should accidentally pass exams.
I would tell you to put the games down because you can always play after, but this is largely a lie. You will have to work on the work life balance your whole life if you are to have a job(full stop). Part of that is managing sleep, and entertainment, and relationships in the limited time you have on work days, and the precious weekends where all you feel like doing is sleeping until the Monday morning alarm goes off. Being an adult is hard, and it's hard all the time. You just have to have reasonable goals that can be acted upon, and follow through on the actions necessary to achieve them. I can't promise you'll get through college with what I've said here, but you'll have a better shot in general. GL

Pretty much everything but the bad memory. Got an econ degree and an acceptable 60k starting in the south. I did most of the work while eating in my room late at night. Got 40 lb overweight but it was worth it.