The border of Ireland

What will be the future of the Irish-British border?

What is the current situation?

Attached: 4E153DCB-DA4A-4C63-8A68-574330249274.png (230x293, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warrenpoint_ambush
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

100ft wall
armed drones
landmines
nothing in-nothing out

We're gonna build a wall.

Irishfren here

Likelihood is when the eternal br*t leaves the EU the following will happen

>a hard border will have to be put in place OR the border will be de facto the Irish Sea, one or the other
>either way, this will provoke a lot of renewed discussion about wtf Northern Ireland actually is
>SF realise Catholics are now in the majority and start pushing the anti-br*t and pro-EU narrative
>have border poll
>win border poll
>United Ireland

You can't stop it now goyim

I mean, its a waste of time because our government just does whatever Brussels says anyway, but still

Literally nobody wants a hard border except brainlets, aka Loyalists. The way it works now is fine. A hard border fucks over NI.
People like to think that NI is some cool based rhodesia-esque hyper-nationalist paradise but the reality is that it's fucking far from that. NI is a shithole. The people there are not nationalists, they just play identity politics every single day to try and seem like the more confident/successful "side" of the Irish/British divide.

They wave a hard border around like it's some big epic win for them when in reality a hard border between the ROI and NI hurts NI far more. It will forever be a tragedy that during that last election Jow Forums swallowed the lie spread that NI is amazing and a white-nationalist paradise, it's arguably one of the worst parts of the UK and one which has dicked over the rest of the UK irreversibly for the past century.

They are also a prime reason that Brexit got fucked in the ass so hard. I await with great anticipation the day we are finally rid of them, because they have not on any single occasion in history done quite literally anything other than cost us money and ACTUAL British lives for nothing.
Fuck Ulster, firebomb it for all I fucking care.

Attached: 1542815357442.jpg (464x261, 32K)

>Literally nobody wants a hard border except brainlets, aka Loyalists
Funny i've seen the opposite so the babykillers have an excuse to murder innocents again

>Fuck Ulster, firebomb it for all I fucking care.

Good goy. You serve yiddish interests well.

Attached: 1539547499987.png (1280x997, 405K)

What would be so bad about having checkpoints at the border? Is that not normal anywhere else?

>win border poll
good one Hong Kong. haven't you got some "patriotic" homework to finish?

I have OCD, and I say let Ireland be unified. What's the point of having NI, when they are just watered-down Irish anyway?

>so the babykillers have an excuse to murder innocents again
I assume you refer to the LARPing IRAfags when in reality they didn't kill anymore civilians than the fucking Loyalists did during the Troubles. A majority of NI were happy for us to leave them shackled to the EU while we got on with it, but the DUP think that such a move will suddenly dissolve the UK despite NI being the least important part of it in existence.

The number of applicants for bogports has skyrocketed and yet at no point did I imply that there's a growing sentiment for unification in NI. My point was never that and never will be. It's a shithole, and not half as based as they fucking pretend to be. The DUP have very little actual support amongst their voters and are in power to check the power of SF, they're notoriously incompetent and this has been demonstrated several times this year alone. NI can sink.

How to Start a Civil War

Between fucking who, you retard? WHO is fighting this civil war? You think the Loyalist Paramilitaries are going to RISE UP and DEFEND BELFAST? Do you know anything about them? All they do is peddle drugs and kill each other, even with the full backing of our Army and Government during the Troubles they accomplished so little that the fucking Provos didn't even consider them a belligerent. It'll be more Loyalist chimpouts and that'll be fucking that, as always.

Because the border is extremely autistic and several people-in particular along border communities-cross it several times daily as part of their routine.
The checkpoints at the border also violates the GFA which is basically the agreement to stop the mass-chimpout that happened in Ireland from the 60s to the late 90s.

So you think the loyalists would just accept Dublin rule?

Obviously not, but there would be no civil war nor a second troubles based on the simple fact that they haven't got the capacity to cause one. Roll in the police and army without being afraid of them anymore and they get absolutely fisted extremely quickly. At the absolute height of their power the Loyalist Paramilitaries had little to no impact on the campaign of the PIRA, despite the fact that the PIRA was infiltrated with relative ease by our government and army.
Their incompetence cannot be overstated. They are utterly fucking useless and in such a case where Ireland was united there would obviously be some provision to stop them feeling like they were ruled from Dublin.

I don't understand why the UK government and the Irish government can't just agree to keep the border open after they leave the EU. Neither of us want a hard border.

I’m from norn iron mate less of that talk or I’ll knock yer bollix in

>europe
>future
kek

You're forgetting that both of those governments are full of incompetent cucks

The DUP. That's literally all it is. Both the British Government, Irish Government and a majority of NI parties were fine with keeping no border and allowing rules to be set in place to allow NI to have a unique place within the UK with links to the EU, without compromising the UK's departure from it.
The DUP said "any Brexit deal that treats NI as ANY different to the rest of the UK whatsoever is unacceptable and will make us get annexed by Dublin" and now Brexit is fucked.
So you understand why many of us are getting tired of their shit.

I get that they didn't do much besides murder innocent people, but I had thought that they would have the capacity to at least wage some sort of conflict.

Give all of Ireland to the ROI. Then Germany should punish the UK by sending all their refugees plus the ones who would have gone to UK to ROI. When the UK see how much more enriched and vibrant ROI has become without the UK interfering the UK will feel like losers! Especially when those refugees completely out breed the Irish. It’ll be more vibrant than then “Irish” neighborhoods in New Orleans!

Take that UK!

No, they don't. They could start shooting innocents again and even with a surge in firepower and money they are so divided and incompetent that it'd take some serious miracle for them to unite into any actual force, and with that said the Army+Police could crack down on them extremely easily since a massive majority of Unionists would be extremely put off the second violence returns.
Loyalism and Unionism is very different. Loyalism is dying, Unionism is wavering. The second Unionism seems to become the side that's killing innocents, kiss goodbye to public support.

Aren't gun laws in NÍ the most liberal in the isles? I seriously doubt he capability of our security forces to deal with any kind of insurgency in NÍ.

Annex the south and resubjugate the taigs desu senpai

That’s all English clay!

>gun laws
Yes and no. You're technically able to get them but the rules for getting them are very tight and in many cases the Police have to verify that you have good reason to own one (personal protection etc), if you're estimating that Loyalists will suddenly arm themselves and rise up you're misunderstanding things.

>implying we want to be buried under the cost of that sponging welfare state
Fuck off, the Brits ruined it, they can fucking keep it.

Attached: irish road trip.gif (240x135, 2.73M)

There are more crossing point on the ni border than the eu"s entire eastern frontier. Its unpolicable

I really hope this is the case. NI needs a reunification vote.

we're gonna show trump how it's done

Hopefully a sea

It wont happen unless the republics economy gets significantly better . The north is a massive money sink and the republic could not afford its gibs

26+6=1

Ireland will be united under the southern government, but only when the southern governed people rise up again to take the southern government back from the globalists and their gay Irish president.

Attached: byzantine knight.jpg (800x1153, 498K)

Paddy BTFO (by AP mines)

There's only one Ireland.
The British have to leave.
Ireland is not the U.K, which we all know is just one big title for the rule of the British over the other lands

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warrenpoint_ambush

the only acceptable answer

Attached: Éire Nua Nua.png (864x1100, 93K)

NI loyalists are Scotti that have returned to their motherland.
It's not our fault they're loyal to the crown.

No, they fucking aren't. Stop spreading this utter, utter shit. Ireland should be all British or all Irish, since the Ulster Unionists made the former impossible they should have to fuck off and listen to Dublin too.
The theory about muh motherland is quite literally based in sheer fantasy and speculation, there exists 0 evidence to support it and lots to debunk it. Fuck off.

The Scotti left ireland, invaded hibernia, genocided the picts and are now known as the Scottish.

The plantations were Scotti returning to their motherland. Scotti don't belong in Great Britain, they should all go back to ireland.

Literally zero arguments. Try again faggot.

No, they didn't. There is 0 evidence to suggest basically anything you just said. Scotti doesn't refer specifically to Irish Gaels or any specific Group of Gaels but was instead a generic term for them used by the Romans. This later became moreso associated with those in Northern Britain, there exists quite literally nothing to suggest that they originate from the north of Ireland or that they have any link whatsoever to Ulster-Scots.