Value of college degrees

I posted this thread earlier but couldnt read it because I was busy.

tl;dr are associates degrees worth it, if you already have military experience?

Attached: 20181213_101452.jpg (1078x855, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

slate.com/human-interest/2018/12/from-graduate-student-to-amazon-warehouse-janitor.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Associates degrees are worth it if you get one tied to a specific job or trade (dental hygiene, HVAC, etc.) but are worthless if it’s just in a general discipline (geography, business, math, etc.)

What about for something like livestock technician or marketing? I worked 5 years of logistics for the navy.

Bump

Imagine what you could have been if you had the Associates degree BEFORE your military experience.

Oh thats right, you can't: Your ability to imagine is limited by your IQ.

>IQ

Attached: penn_jillette.jpg (600x800, 77K)

Graduating with a degree in accounting, school loans are 10k, how fucked am i?

Marketing - worthless, oversaturated to all fuck
Livestock Tech - hyper competitive job market, you are probably going to have to settle for shoveling shit at a dairy

not too fucked, you made it out less then alot of retards, some people charge shitloads and they do retarded ass shit, and whine complaining i didnt get anything worthwhile forgive my payments.

>value of degree
To get a job to pay for your degree

Attached: 5C97B7B5-70A3-4D07-898C-D48B7C6631E3.png (600x777, 319K)

You are the only value.

The value is learning and the lifelong friends you made along the way.
:-)

isnt most of our job market looking fucky anyway, like its almost impossible to get anything without this or that, or theres not that many jobs available. The medical industry needs jobs but the problem is that noone is going to do them so your going to be practically a slave.

I think the thing that fucks retards over is going to the most expensive school located in the most expensive city. My school was a branch of a university of texas and was close to my home town so i saved an ass load by not being retarded. But the meme is go the the brand name school and rev up that debt

Only degree worth it is engineering.

the problem that most people do, is that they just rush right into university instantly, hurrrrr community college makes me look poor i gotta be hip and pay 10k a semester. You're supposed to go to community college first build up then go to university .

>But the meme is go the the brand name school and rev up that debt
It's not a meme to attend a school where you're guaranteed a job/career right out of college though. Given you make the right connections etc.

I mean going to a meme school for a meme degree not worth the paper its printed on. You know the ones, the liberal arts major that get their degree in XER studies from some expensive university only to bitch that they cant find a job.

Just read some marketing books user, save the money. Lots of entry associate jobs ask for “degree or equivalent experience”, if you know your shit that’s enough to get in, win them over with your charisma. Plenty of fuckheads have a degree with no brains, but they have nepotism. Tenacity, insight, charisma will get you far.

slate.com/human-interest/2018/12/from-graduate-student-to-amazon-warehouse-janitor.html

>When the temp agency called to tell me that there was a full-time custodial position open over at a 24-hour facility in San Marcos, Texas, I was both relieved and, to be honest, a little bit indignant. I was going to be able to eat this week, but after having spent the past 14 years of my life getting a bachelor’s degree in English, getting a master’s degree in creative writing, and starting my own entertainment company, I was going to be a janitor.

Attached: f.png (1871x1392, 1.41M)

Get a civilian job with the military, they count service in lieu of education

>Getting 2 meme degrees and expecting to be a gorillionair

If the best she can do is amazon then that is her own fault. You dont go to school for what you want, you go for what society needs, thats what people dont understand these days.

Im not paying for college, like I said I have the GI bill.

Faggot, but sort of true

I was looking at miami dade college to get a quick degree while fucking some hotties.

Im bad at advanced math.

Will look into this more.

Lel, biggest meme degrees that come to mind are criminsl justice, gender studies, and english.

Id prefer to not work with the military if I have a choice.

I heard owning livestock is where you find serious money.