Cannabis Withdrawal

Hey, I'm a 30 year old 200 lbs male, I have a heavy pot habit, and I want to quit, cold turkey probably as it'll fit in with my schedule.
How long are the withdrawal symptoms usually, and how severe? Any tips for recovery?

Attached: awefdb.jpg (1920x1032, 543K)

You should go there the hospital and request that they put you into a medically induced coma for a month so that you don’t need to suffer from the horrible withdrawal symptoms.
t. ER Physician.

You will feel bored for a week. That's it.
Now fuck off.

OP here.
True the symptoms aren't as severe as anything else, alcohol or cigarettes for example. I'd just like to know what I'm in for. Will I pretty much go back to "normal" after a week? At current I'm noticing my sleep patterns are off, I'm tired during the day, and I'm having trouble wanting to eat.

I smoked literally everyday for 9 years and only took a month off when I was out of the country, I quite when I was 28 and the day after my last joint I felt nothing at all. Just like "oh I guess I'm sober now right".

I still stayed up until like 3AM shitposting and watching anime and doing all the dumb shit I'd do when high but I was now sober.

I guess there was a few times when I really wanted to smoke but it would pass. Quitting cigarettes or energy drinks was much harder

Stop being so dramatic OP.
Everythings just a tad bit shittier without weed. No withdrawl

You're looking at mostly quality of life changes. You wont feel anything physical, really, but be prepared for weeks or months of not feeling satisfied with any of your tasks - or feeling pleased at doing your relaxation activities.
You'll have trouble finding anything that you enjoy or want to do for a long time. I couldn't hack it and gave up.

>Will I pretty much go back to "normal" after a week? At current I'm noticing my sleep patterns are off, I'm tired during the day, and I'm having trouble wanting to eat.

Weed has nothing or next to nothing to do with that. You'll likely still be up all night and going to bed in the morning and have no energy and etc. There's millions of people who do that exact same thing and they've never smoked weed in their lives. You just live a shitty lifestyle.

Mostly just boredom and erie amounts of it

Not everybody has the same withdrawal symptoms, I personally was emotionally unstable for 2 weeks.

If you've used cannabis to help you sleep then you're going to have to develop a new sleeping habit (preferably a healthy one, try melatonin and valerian root). I think your body will readjust it's appetite over time, obviously weed has been stimulating your appetite.

Being tired during the day is a little more serious, especially if it's occurring even though you have adequate sleep. This could be depression setting in because things aren't as enjoyable as when you're high. Likely your body will again adjust to everything being a bit more plain, but just try to keep track of how enjoyable things are.

How much weed did you smoke before you stopped? Did things go back to normal after 2 weeks?
That might be the case, I've been having a kind of low burn anxiety attack for the last few days. Stress over personal issues.
that sounds depressing as fuck
Thanks man
Thanks dude, this helps.
It seems kind of like everything will pass in a max of 2 weeks and I'll just feel "normal"

>withdrawal
Naw, but you might feel a bit on edge or anxious without your fix of weed, as it were.

>obviously weed has been stimulating your appetite.
yeah this is true, so that'll reset after a week or so?
>Being tired during the day is a little more serious, especially if it's occurring even though you have adequate sleep. This could be depression setting in because things aren't as enjoyable as when you're high. Likely your body will again adjust to everything being a bit more plain, but just try to keep track of how enjoyable things are.

How long do you think this'll last?

I really can't say how long it takes the body to correct it's appetite. I wouldn't be worried about that though, many people find reduced appetite to be nice. As long as you're getting enough calories so you don't feel weak or tired it's fine to run a slight calorie deficit for a while.

Unfortunately it takes a while for your brain to adjust to the new levels of pleasure you experience. At least a few months, maybe even years depending on how big of a change, and how long your brain was used to a certain level of dopamine. Finding healthy and enjoyable activities is a good way to get through that period.

thanks for the good info,
the months/years thing worries me.
I've been a cannabis user since 18, and I've been going pretty heavy lately, will the adjustment really take years? I plan on doing exercise every day, plenty of water, and being around people who don't smoke.

Oh man if you make doing cardio a habit you'll be fine. I've struggled with depression all my life and an hour of cardio a day beats any antidepressant by a mile for me.

And yea even if it takes a while, so long as your day to day life is fine what does it matter? Again weed isn't that hard of a drug, so the difference between being high and not high isn't the same as an opium addict. You can turn it around and think "I'm going to enjoy things more and more everyday."

sounds good, i just hope the "crash" won't last for more than 2 weeks. but yeah, cardio, disciplined sleep, fluids...anything else i should keep in mind?

Make sure you've still got stuff that destresses you well from work and life in general. Weed is often used for that as well, so just make sure you have some options.

I just got off a 4 gram a day habit

I do this regularly, so i anticipate the effects but they always differ in length. Expect insomnia, lack of appetite, irritability. Also stomach nausea and feeling hot/sweaty randomly.

Worst effects go by day 5, most effects go by day 14

I got antsy and had trouble sleeping.
But honestly the mental clouds that went away were worth it, i honestly felt like I was finding myself again.
Just do some exercise to wear yourself out if you have trouble sleeping, burn incense,

and KEEP YOUR HANDS BUSY.
thats about it, after a few days you honestly shouldn't have the cravings

Lots of vitamin C put lemon juice in your water and have a vitamin c supplement every day. Google has a lot on this topic

How long did you smoke? I smoked about and 8th a day for nearly 3 years (not kidding). Took me about two years to really recognize myself again. Also bear in mind that the pot use is usually hiding other underlying issues that you're going to need to bring to the light to improve in general

In the same boat so I'll be monitoring the thread, good luck OP

OP here
cool, i'll keep it going
I'm having tightness in my chest, anxiety i think, im trying to quit at a stressful time in my life though, looking for a part time job

Weed's effects build up and linger, expect some slow changes.

true, im tapering down as we speak, but i know in four days im going COLD turkey. I don't know if I'm at an eighth a day, but definitely 3 "joints" per day. Like I said I'm trying to taper, so today it'll be only two, one in the morning and one after school

bump

Attached: bump.jpg (2126x1416, 526K)