I want to take adderall for the sake of school performance...

I want to take adderall for the sake of school performance. I'm a comp eng major going into junior year and my gpa is slightly over a fucking 2, which is barely passing. I want to be able to take hard math classes and get through them, I want to have like a 3 year period where I'm really into school stuff and have the ability to devote large amounts of time to studying. I really like the types of classes I've taken and I desperately want to to better in them, because it's what I like to do. I like programming and I want nothing more than to be able to understand math well.

Is this a good idea or not? Supposedly it fucks with your neuroplasticity in the long term, which I really REALLY don't want, but I mean if my brain is too shitty to be able to pass my classes anyway, who cares if it gets a little shittier later on. I might actually legitimately need it too, I've always been a little slow. I was tested for ADD when I was like 15 and I have a piece of paper somewhere that amounts to "might have ADD but due to environmental stressors (parent's divorce at the time) a diagnosis will not be made right now".

Student in the pic is not me. I want to be able to understand and devote a lot of time to studying all the proper material. But I just don't have the mental capacity to be able to sit there and work for a long time and I'm low IQ.

Attached: 1529360527252.png (561x595, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/002221947600900312?journalCode=ldxa
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

STFU and go study

This

it's hard
I'm sick of always being the loser
I've literally never done drugs in my life, except medicine and caffeine.
Never drank, never smoked, etc.
I want something to turn my life somewhere different.

My dude. If you aren't smart or disciplined enough to successfully study on your own, just pursue differnt career path.

No.

Adderall is a strong drug designed to bring people with specific chemical imbalances up to "normal" levels. To take it to enhance you above your normal level is like an athlete taking steroids (another dangerous chemical) to make them even stronger. It is medically VERY unwise

I don't see how this won't result in an adderall dependency once you get out of school. It would be like taking up weightlifting and doing steroids right away. You're just not going to build the necessary discipline and will be hooked on the gear.

>is like an athlete taking steroids
that makes me want it more

I'll take a year after school working some shitty manual labor job off adderall then I'll get used to being without it and try to find a "real" job

You will be useless without adderall, even more so than you are useless now, because your brain will form a dependency on it.

amphetamines work by "speeding up" your central nervous system to exploit a paradoxical effect. this is when your cns is already hyperactive and pushing it to be more active results in a calmer state.
meaning if you don't have add it'll just get you high and do nothing for you
journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/002221947600900312?journalCode=ldxa

Adderall doesn't make you smarter, or give you will power, dummy. You'll just stay up all night, still not studying just like you aren't now.

^this
Adderall doesn't make you do any work, you have to want to actually do the work first. Otherwise you'll powerhouse something stupid all night. I would know, I'm on 40 mg a day. You're being very foolish op.

Well what am I supposed to do
My brain sucks ass

Just be a mediocre wagie you are meant to be

I'd rather kill myself
OR I could be on adderall for 10 good youthful years and THEN kill myself
the answer seems obvious

Nigga, adderall won't help you anyway

then why does it exist

you want Vyvanse

For people with A.D.D. to not be spastic little shits.

Stopping is a bitch, do not recommend. Was on 30mg xr a day, went down to 15, then zero. The worst I've ever felt. Tired and depressed for weeks.

add isn't adhd moron

With a gpa of 2, have you ever thought maybe engineering isnt for you? Good news is that you will just be another statistic of people dropping out of engineering

You already know the only answer you'll accept, so why are you here? Try it. Might work.

>I'll take a year after school working some shitty manual labor job off adderall then I'll get used to being without it and try to find a "real" job

Then you'll be a year behind in the job market, dumbass.

ADHD user reporting in, adderall doesn't help me focus, it brings me the willpower to decide to focus and quiet down my mind, honestly if you believe you have adhd speak to a doctor, you can fuck shit up or not have any affects being due to the fact amphetamines are a paradox to people w/e adhd.
Speaking from experience, it helps me focus on the things I could not even dream of before. I hope it works out for you though.

I'd recommend noopept my fren. Completely legal and available in a lot of online shops

Yes it is shit for brains. What we used to refer to as ADD is now referred to as ADHD-PI. It's all the same thing manifesting in different ways.

Damn that shit pulled me through my 2nd year of college