Depression

What do I do to kill depression pol? Feeling down lately, it runs in the family unfortunately.

Maybe one of you anons has experience..don't really want to go back to a full blown depressive episode..

Attached: BoNl0owSY3j1.jpg (373x521, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVe_Ofns9tEiaA2BH5yxbWyxqWIWuyb_f
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22540893
plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0105941
elifesciences.org/articles/03896
eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2014-12/uoc--lmm121914.php
sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/08/140827111946.htm
nature.com/articles/nature05991
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kom langs naar de randstad en rook een blontje met mij,

T. randstadt mutt

420 blaze it faggot
You are in the Netherlands come on

drink

Go for a run.

... you kill the people that make you depressed.

Yes, good idea, rely on a chemical to make me happy. What could go wrong.

>What do I do to kill depression pol?

amphetamines

if the chemical redresses the balance regarding your own deficit of brain chemicals then that's not necessarily such a bad thing, and if you're depressed then you probably do have some kind of neurological chemical deficit

if you don't have a chemical dependency are you even depressed?

Get the fuck off 4chin. It's the single most beneficial thing you can do.

No because depression isn’t real

the Neanderthal camel says odin prayers
because it is kill

Distract your mind to avoid overthinking. It doesn't cure depression but it helps alot.

>depression isn’t real
This.

is your president still alive? what is it like living around monkeys? why are all the houses in your country unfinished? there's like 0 urban planning lmao

>hur dur this thing called a brain made up of chemical shit can't be affected by its chemical composition, hur durr

Close friend of mine hung himself and family member slit her own wrists. Seems pretty real to me.

if it's clinical depression then only medication can help...if it's a mood thing then listen to uplifting music , that works for me

Unironically good advice.. will try to follow up on it.

>Close friend of mine hung himself
On a tree?

deplete your dopamine & serotonin levels then rethink your assertion

As someone who had massive diagnosed depression I'd say the best way I got out of it was by forcing myself to go to college in person, take social classes, and eat a lot of oranges.

Take something cheap and easy like a jogging/walking class.

If you make a thread about this on /pol this is the result. Go to /adv or call 113.

It feels pretty bad ngl lol

The chemical imbalance theory is seriously bullshit, antidepressants are no better than a placebo there is no cure just live life if it gets worse so what if it doesn't great but don't take the cowards way out, endure the end.

Meditate daily, lift and read the bhagavad gita

Attached: ohno.jpg (793x786, 54K)

One of my best friends in high school shot himself in 2012. I'm a grown man now and I still haven't gotten over it.

First of all, the Pepe card would have the power of the Blackpill. This power can be given to any creature and it makes that creature unable to attack or block. Each turn that a creature has the black pill, it rolls a six sided die. On a role of 1 the creature has killed itself. On a roll of 6 it gives the Blackpill to any other creature in play. If no other creatures are in play, it deals damage equivalent to half the starting life force of a player.

Based.
Anyway just keep lurking, it's literally a Jow Forums phase.

Was it a surprise or predictable?

I take in the gospel in some entertaining form or other. A show or movie or just reading is good to.

Here brewskie this one is quite good and not very long;

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVe_Ofns9tEiaA2BH5yxbWyxqWIWuyb_f

Start at the beginning of it and go through all of it is how to best get the message.

This. Suffering is required for human growth. Soon you will find a new sense of calm in midst of the chaos. This will be harder to take away from you than any sense of peace you have known so far in your life.

I am afraid you need medications. I have tried everything Jow Forums suggests to make you feel better like taking care of myself, excercise eat healthy don't do drugs or alcohol but i was still miserable. I am still undecided whether i want to go on therapy which was recommended to me but medications DO help and even talking to a good psychiatrist about your problems might help, because she can guide you to the source of your problems.

Attached: 1526224944236.png (225x224, 11K)

Stop do your own research the chemical imbalance theory of the cause of depression is bullshit utter bullshit they found out some drugs increase levels of neurotransmitters and that a majority, of people who report being depressed have low levels of serotonin.

Even though they have not really found a strong correlation between the depression and low levels of serotonin, even though they know antidepressants only work slightly better than a placebo, even though they know that these drugs come with serious "side effects", even though they know people will have to take these drugs for life! They still hand them out like they're lollipops at kids party.

The most promising line of research in the persuit of a biomedical treatment for depression is one that treat depression as an inflammation of the brain.

Good company and action. Do what you dream of doing, lad. Sadly, depression will never truly leave you, it will always wait for you on the corner, but man up and know thyself.

There was a commieblock project nearby, it took around 12 years to finish it.

Attached: 2.jpg (350x334, 10K)

SSRIs works incredibly well and have zero side effects for people who actually have low-serotonin induced depression. This is the kind of depression that hurts and makes you miserable. Many people have depression caused by excessive serotonin. This makes you feel empty and purposeless. You can imagine how taking SSRIs in such scenario only makes things worse.

Complete surprise. That's when I learned that truly suicidal people are the ones who do it without warning. The people who talk about it all the time are the ones who are just doing it to get attention.

Yeah. Suicidally depressed people tend to consider themselves worthless enough not to burden others with their misery. They may even feel guilty over being sad in front of others, which is why they put on a mask of happiness. Much healthier would be if they allowed themselves be sad, because at least then, instead of presenting themselves as something they aren't, they could connect with others through their authentic sadness.

Hunt and fish taking life for yourself always makes me feel better

That's illegal here

Thats all down to the placebo effect you think the drugs work, you think the therapists talk is helpful thats why you feel better after popping a pill and feeling sorry for yourself. Because you honestly believe they work and psychologist and big pharma have invested a lot of time and money in order for you to honestly believe what they are offering works. If it does work for you great am glad you feel better but the truth is we really don't know what depression really neither physiologically and psychologically.

If you want the really cure for depression see what real suffering is. See the brutally of humanity so many people are suffering because of war having lost family, friends and have suffered horrendous injuries, as well as losing there homes and livelihoods. See what disease and poverty do to people and hiw rampant they still are in this world. See how so much of humanity needs to work so God damn hard to earn a living, they do painstaking, back breaking work for crumbs. See those born or have been left with debilitating disabilities and know how they would all in heart beat literally kill to be you.

This. Watch out for the anger that comes with it though, don't let it eat away at your loved ones.

Where have you gotten this information from if you don't mind me asking?

I don't imagine you have hunting grounds anyway, kek

Eat some butter, unless youre a mutt in which case it wont work and fuck you.
oh they exist, not a lot of big game to hunt though.
you could hunt for rabbits, farmers always like to get rid of them.

It's been scientifically studied that serotonin dulls perception. This largely explains why some people feel
serotonergic psychedelics dumps the accumulated excessive serotonin, which is why many report feeling fresh and reborn after a trip. The afterglow is a low-serotonin high dopamine state.

Lowering serotonin abolishes fatigue
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22540893

Serotonin Inhibits The Senses
plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0105941

Serotonin Is Involved In The Formation Of Traumatic Memories
elifesciences.org/articles/03896
eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2014-12/uoc--lmm121914.php

Lack of serotonin makes one immune to depression
sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/08/140827111946.htm

Serotonin Antagonists Extend Lifespan
nature.com/articles/nature05991

>This largely explains why some people feel
dull and zombielike on SSRis

Exercise! Go to a gym or walk or jog or bike ride.

I consider the south side of my city to be quite a hunting ground, lmfao

Pick up a hobby that involves creation. Art, sculpting, wood working, jewelry making, writing, singing, playing an instrument, mixing songs, mixing videos, sewing, knitting, anything. It doesn't matter if you don't feel like doing it, just do it,

interesting post, but understanding those studies is gonna be a study in itself.

Get more sun, go for a walk, left something, but you will never get rid of melancholy. I'm trying to master it, not kill it.

That is true, and it's not even the totality of the foundation from which I have synthesized this understanding.

DEPRESSION IS TRANSFORMATION

Embrace it. Lean into it. Let everything burn until you become like a baby and regrow into something worse living for.

Lack of identity much ?
Lack of willingfullness much ?
Tired of losing control ?
Tired of constant corruption ?

Yep that's general feeling. Yellows Vests are out there.

Thank you for the reading material, there is still so much we don't know and are just begining to figure out about neurotransmitters and depression. I'm glad there is so much research going on but it's not going to change anything anytime soon the chemical imbalance notion is here to stay for the forseeable future.

Unironically antidepressants. Regulate your sleep, as in not awake until 2 - 4 am and sleeping until 2pm or some wild bullshit. Get 7 or 8 hours of sleep, but no more. Check your vitamin D levels (very important based on geographical location; further north you are, more prone to lower level + take into consideration how often you’re cooped up indoors) and probably take a vitamin D3 5000iu supplement daily if it’s low.
Also
t. seriously depressed for 7+ years

Try SSRI

why even ask internet strangers?

I get depressed a lot, best thing you can do is take things easy, only focus on doing one thing at a time and see any task through to completion. Always keep yourself busy, don't get into the process of just thinking about stuff, be in the moment and get stuff done and remember do one thing at a time.

That sounds very mechanical and is probably overall not good for one's psyche.