Marijuana Discussion

I would like to propose that legalization of marijuana would introduce an element of equilibrium into the current political climate.

All arguments about morality and degeneracy aside; assuming for the sake of the argument that everyone who would consume marijuana would do so in the privacy of their own home, what does everyone think about the pro's and cons of legalization? I am specifically curious about the following areas..

>Workforce
>Crime
>Mental Health

Attached: B9331043965Z.1_20180119115348_000_G8NKTRFI1.1-0.jpg (534x401, 62K)

better than alcohol but still degenerate, if it was so fucking great for you then pilots, surgeons, pro athletes, etc would want to be on it while performing. It's really not that cool. The best things you can do for yourself without drinking or smoking is working out and eating healthy most of the time. Don't be a faggot, user.

not everyone is going to be a pilot or a surgeon or a professional athlete.

Economically.. how would it affect the bottom line?

Positively, but it's definitely something that should be done in moderation, especially for people who are in jobs where sober performance is necessary. But that's really true of anyone who wants to try to chemically self-regulate themselves. I'm an artist degenerate anyway so it doesn't matter for me, I do a very bullshit job so being high at work isn't specifically unproductive

You have 20 seconds to PROVE that weed doesnt make a nigga GAY

Times up

i agree with you that it would affect the bottom line positively, but how specifically do you think it would do so?

all arguments about degeneracy aside please.

I think legalized weed is okay.

People should be able to do what they want.

If they want to be burn outs they should have the freedom to.

I think it could have some benefits to mental health in the sense that it's another thing that can help people wind down but not because it's a wonder drug. Just like watching a nice wolf girl anime can help you wind down and calm you down.

If people are high on the job, they'll be less productive and not able to give 100%. I can't see any benefits to being under the influence on the job, only downsides.

I think weed in general makes people less productive.

assuming they only consume marijuana at home.. and sleep it off before work.. does that change anything?

It should be banned as soon as possible, yesterday would be the best. Every junkie is one too many, we can do without the filthy drug tourists and criminal gangs ruining the south of the country too.
We need our own Rodrigo Duterte in this country.

Also a bit suspicious how there's this push for dudeweed now that smoking tobacco is going out of fashion, it reeks of a rebranding.

there was a fear of that happening in Colorado when they legalized. it was proposed that the worst elements would arrive first.

do you think that legalization in other countries would eventually eliminate the drug tourism and gang problems?

I'll tone down the edge a bit and give you a serious response.
About the tourism, I don't think it will change a lot to be honest. What pulls such people in is the reputation of the Netherlands and Amsterdam particular as a place where doing all sorts of drugs is allowed and encouraged. That reputation is already somewhat outdated compared to some countries, and people even occasionally get a criminal record for carrying MDMA. But that sure is not stopping the marketeers from promising a junkie paradise, and it won't stop the junkies coming in from only seeing what they want to see either.

As for the gang problems (think corruption rather than Mexican violence by the way), I don't think it will stop. They can just use their existing infrastructure to peddle different kinds of drugs that are harder to get than weed both here and elsewhere. It's not hard for them to create a demand for new drugs, they've done it before anyway.

Pot is degenerate.

No harm done in that case. It might hinder their personal productivity and personal goals though.

I do know one person who has trouble sleeping and is generally depressed and he claims getting cross faded helps him sleep. He also says the stimulating strands of weed have got him to do creative stuff like write jokes. But everyone else I know isn't this way.

People should be able to use weed recreationally when they have little to no duties to fulfill. I enjoy an occasional beer which is apparently worse so I see no problem.

I just think people should be responsible, with anything.

Jow Forums is degenerate

Attached: fdfd.jpg (1069x1196, 553K)

I don't think weed is particularly degenerate, just that it really hinders productivity. It would be good to stop locking up people for possession. It could eliminate some drug dealers, or it could force them to start moving harder drugs. And if there are legal avenues to get weed, I think it's less likely that pot smokers will mingle with the wrong crowd. I think it'll have a net positive effect.

It took me about 7 months to fully recover after two years of being high all the time. I would be anxious and depressed all the time, couldn't handle caffeine or alcohol without getting serious depersonalizaiton. Eventually it all subsided.

>legalization of marijuana would introduce an element of equilibrium into the current political climate
>for the sake of the argument that everyone who would consume marijuana
Fuck right off.
Worse than alcohol.

>it could force them to start moving harder drugs
Not would but does. Proven time and time again.

most people don't need it. a legalization wouldn't change much

>worse than alcohol

objectively wrong. link me the mortality rates for both substances

Guess where they developed pot without THC?
Yep, you're right, Israel.
>teh goyim know, shut it down!
*rips bong*

Attached: 1544006301788.jpg (750x531, 368K)

>I have never met anyone who was homeless from booze!

You move to harded drugs because you aren't a pussy and can handle a handful of shrooms and a line of coke once in a blue moon

You should stop thinking.

Canadians overwhelmingly supported legalization because prior to the bill passing weed was hard to find, expensive as hell, and otherwise law-abiding folks were getting busted left-and-right just for having a few tokes on their balconies.