Is it normal wanting your bf to wear nice stylish clothes? Is clothes style of your partner important for you?

Is it normal wanting your bf to wear nice stylish clothes? Is clothes style of your partner important for you?

Attached: 5341c4b93957dca005ba8445e72a650a.jpg (500x782, 74K)

Why does it matter to you?

Of course. Someone who takes care of themselves and dresses nice is an attractive trait. Better yet on someone you are dating and therefore attracted to. Nothing wrong with that!

Yeah it's normal. I don't find my gf that attractive when she's wearing sweatpants and has her hair in a top bun.

So she needs to dress up to hang around the house?

Nah, but she dresses like a slob even when we go places and it's annoying.

Yes.

When I started going out with this girl a month ago, it was innocent stuff after work.
So after work we would get ice cream. And we're both wearing our uniform which is a t shirt and black pants.
The very first time we hung out i wore shorts and a t shirt. she dressed up a little.

at one point she complained how i dont know how to dress
now i wear polo's, khakis, button down shirts.
she wears lipstick, mini skirts and does her hair

now she's mentioned how she loves how i dress, and had no idea i dress like that.

the worst part? whenever i have a date with her (like tonight) i go to Marshalls and buy myself a new shirt. cause the truth is, my closet prior to dating her was 99% t shirts.

Shouldn't you like, I don't know, talk to her? If she shows up at a restaurant in sweatpants then you have a good starting position to deal with it

Because I think, clothes are important in terms of a social attitude. I try to choose nice and matching clothes for myself and feel more confident depending on what I wear.

I'm also in love with a man who doesn't care about his clothing. For example, he always wore green bulky haki pants and a huge beige backpack, also I hate his scarf, he doesn't wear it properly. Once he made me to choose clothes for him (because I said I don't like his style) and I chose neutral jeans and black pants which is comfortable to wear everyday. But recently he bought these atrocious t-shirts and a hoodie with MtG prints which he choose himself online. Some t-shirts are okay if he wear it with a shirt but this blue hoodie with prints looks awful. I think he looks like a child and when I say about it he says I'm wearing these jeans you liked what do you want. But clothes work while matched to each other! And also depending on body type! And colour!
It's not THAT crucial for me, I can walk with him on streets but I don't want him to meet my parents like this, for example.

Attached: 2829.jpg (395x592, 36K)

>Is it normal wanting your bf to wear nice stylish clothes?
yes
>Is clothes style of your partner important for you?
no

Do you like how you look in new clothes?

As I told user here , you need to have a basis for your arguments.

If he wears MtG (or nay branded clothing) in his day to day life, you can't really get mad. He is allowed to be comfortable. If he goes with a hoodie to a restaurant or a party with family, then you get to point to that and say "Look, this is not ok, there are social expectations".

But, going back to your OP and to social cues: The key is CONTEXT. Does he underdress in social social situation? Or do you just want him to ba a Ken doll?

Without context, we don't know which one it is.

Straight guy talking here.

Tghe embarrassing truth is that most of us do not have a clue what is stylish or even what we look like in various styles. We grew up with our mothers choosing our clothes and have just gone on wearing the same things.

Buy him some small thing to wear and then praise how he looks in it. Then take him shopping and suggest "This would go with that thing I bought you." And so on. Gradually - and do let it be gradual - he will discover he likes his new look, and turn to you for advice on other clothes

Hm, maybe you're right. Patience could be useful when he hasn't changed his style since 15. thanks

>Tghe embarrassing truth is that most of us do not have a clue what is stylish or even what we look like in various styles.
Speak for yourself, whiteknight.

Read here and see that this is not about a girl fixing you: Insecurity is a bitch. Overcompensating with clothes is not a solution.

OP hates how her boyfriend looks, and that's not healthy for either of them. It would be best if he didn't internalize it like you are doing.

I'm ok with it.
like i don't shop, like ever.
i hate getting clothes for Xmas, cause i usually just wear my year old clothes.
i prefer my graphic Guns N Roses T's over a nice Michael Kors shirt.

Like yes, she knows i don't get more comfortable than shorts + hoodie, its like my go to.

But I also like making her happy, so if she likes when I wear a nice shirt, watch, clean shoes and not running shoes, etc. Then I will do that for her. Of course, we've hooked up after work. And some shifts my shirt is still 1/2 soaked in sweat. The fact that she lets me fool around with her in that state of being (sweaty hair, sweat drenched shirt), then I can only imagine what she feels when I'm fresh out the shower with cologne, chapstick, ironed shirt, etc.

You are not exempt, /effay/. We've all seen the photos. You look autistic.

inb4 OP leaves her bf because "ur not what i fell 4 :DDDD"

Dump her.

Good.

>he likes MtG
Break the fuck up with him right now.

I think it depends on what you're doing. Dressing up to do things with them is always good. If they just want you to change your whole style at all times then they probably were never into you as a person to begin with and are just trying to change you into what they want.