Millenial Housing Crisis Engulfs Britain

>Home ownership among young families has plummeted across every corner of Britain over the past 35 years, according to a devastating inquiry into the housing crisis facing millennials.

>Ownership among 25- to 34-year-olds has plummeted in Greater Manchester from 53% in 1984 to 26% last year. It has fallen from 54% to 25% in south Yorkshire, from 45% to 20% in the West Midlands, from 50% to 28% in Wales and from 55% to 27% in the south-east. In outer London, the proportion has collapsed from 53% to just 16%. Out of 22 regions analysed by the commission, in only one – Strathclyde in Scotland – has home ownership among the young remained stable. It stood at 32% in 1984 and 33% last year, having peaked at 45% in 2002.

theguardian.com/society/2018/apr/28/proportion-home-owners-halves-millennials

Do you intend to own a home any time soon?

Attached: engulfing.jpg (750x318, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lD54W6cJKOM
youtube.com/watch?v=zsoh0Y_VXdY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is innawoods even an option? I think so.

youtube.com/watch?v=lD54W6cJKOM

Decent channel

>put up a tent in the woods
>hunt some food and put on a fire to cook it
>get arrested next day because not being a wagecuck is a crime

Not really unless you live off-grid in Wales or Scotland, but the council can knock your house down.

I do live in Scotland. Not a commie. It land ownership is fucked up in Scotland
>20% used for grouse hunting
>massive aristocratic estates whose only justification for ownership was a handshake 500+ years ago
>ministry of defence jet, artillery and manouvere training grounds
>commercial farms

The highland clearances kind of fucked small,land holding in Scotland. Very difficult to find a small plot of land in the country to live on. What's it like in England and Wales?

Attached: IMG_3613.png (473x500, 18K)

I own a house. Bought it woth my ex, I kept all of it when we split up and now rent it out for some comfy passive income.

I know a couple of wealthy people in London whose family own large estates in Scotland.

Why don't you start crofting?

I know a couple of wealthy people in London whose family own large estates in Scotland.

Why don't you start crofting?

How come you split?

Yeah I hate that shit.

Mental illness. She was a paramedic and had anxiety/PTSD issues from her job and I kept trying to kill myself.

More immigration and foreign ownership is the solution.

Wtf why was this posted twice?

Damn, are you both in a better place now?

You guys should import more immigrants to fix it.

>supports mass immigration
>complains there isn't enough houses for their prime demographic
>(((The Observer)))

No idea about her, I went hard no contact. Still think of her every day but haven’t spoken in a long time.

I finally got my shit together at the start of this year and came off medication.

Glad to hear it mate.

Not really an option when you're expected to "be flexible" to change jobs and relocate every few years.

Hardly surprising given the cost of housing.
They turned an old office block into housing near here, the next week chinks had bought up most of it.

Only people born here should be able to buy property here.

>be tiny island
>grow population by importing a million refugees and immigrants
>act surprised when country is full and no one can afford houses
???

Where abouts, if you don't mind me asking?

>Is innawoods even an option?

Attached: 2018-12-19_11-00-34.png (582x939, 522K)

He must be the only black who has ever went camping in the world.

26 yr old and got a small flat in comfy Devon lads. Wouldn't have been able to afford it if it wasn't for inheritance though. Good luck to all renters, shit's gonna get so much worse as this small island runs out of room.

Is anyone here man enough to settle for a tidy little starter home like this in Wolverhampton (2011: 64% White British)?

Attached: wolverhampto123.png (685x732, 354K)

Do you work in Devon too or commute?

Fuck rich pipo and their driven grouse shooting

That's considered a house in britain? lol.

God I fucking hate boomers
>rent is £2800 a month in shared house
>landlords bought it for £55k in 1998
>haven't even redecorated it since

I mean, why not just get your foot on the property ladder and buy a cozy little starter home like this for your wife and young daughters in Birmingham (2011: 56% White British)?

Attached: birmingham.png (617x715, 429K)

nice work user, keep on truckin

>>haven't even redecorated it since
Yeah, when I was looking at houses to rent, there were all these 30-40 year old houses without a single renovation. The ones that had renovations were "how can I renovate this the cheapest possible way", usually with ikea shit nailed together. Seems like the landlords know they can sell shit and people still have to pay.

Boomer and millenial landlords will eventually pay for their mistakes when gen z genocides them and dab on their corpses

>56% White British
ahahaha
it's even funnier because i'm a paki
>£2800
are you fucking dumb, m8, if you're paying that much you could easily afford a fixer-upper rather than pay a fucking boomer, it's your fault you're retarded

Epic post kiddo

>continue living in london even after it became full of pakis and muzzies
lol

To be fair, it's a two way street, the amount of shit tenants that will just destroy shit is overwhelming, so you don't spend on making something nice unless it's executive rentals.

Where should people go?

"Majority minority" Birmingham?
How about minority White British Leicester?
Or Slough, Luton, also minority White British?
Maybe Manchester or Wolverhampton, which will be minority WB by 2021?

Unfortunate for the non-shit tenants, which are pretty easy to select for if you have a decent place in high demand, when the entire stock of rental housing is 40 year old falling to pieces garbage.

Is the fertility rate high among Chinese people in Australia?

Attached: chinese.jpg (955x570, 110K)

Yes, and indians. About 4x that of whites. Australia will be asian in 10 years.

While it's unfair how rapidly house prices have shot up, outside of cities it's shouldn't really be a "crisis". A friend of mine, 27, lives with his wife. They rent and have done their entire life. My friend complains that he'll never get a deposit, it's just too tough. Meanwhile, he blows his cash on impromptu holidays in New York, a wedding that was clearly bought on credit and generally impulsive unsustainable shit.

I live in my own place, not rented and on my own, pulling in a modest £1.7k per month. Just paying for bills and the essentials leaves me with around £500 - £700 per month. Assuming my friend and his wife are both full time (they are), that they're both minimum wage (they're not) and that they don't have more expenses (they don't), they should have more disposable income than I do as a household.

They are capable of pooling the money together for a deposit for a house. They don't. Outside of cities, these are the people cited when they claim we have a housing crisis.

How did you afford your own place?

Where abouts?

Homes are bad investments right now, I'm putting my money into a business instead. With immigration set to come down to tens of thousands in 2021 we'll see house prices start to fall in the following years as demand falls and supply increases. Meanwhile my rent is fairly cheap for a 1 bed flat.

Norwich user? Or Hull user?

>With immigration set to come down to tens of thousands in 2021
Immigration probably won't come down that far (if you believe the Tories on immigration then I have a bridge to sell you). Even if it does come down to 10s of Ks, it won't dent prices until at least a decade or so.

Norwich user, nice to see you again.

Things going well, full steam ahead. Still working my old job as well with Xmas bonuses and a few good months I've already replaced most of what I invested. The rest of the lads are in their new office, I'll be joining them in a few months.

Good luck mate. Is Norwich comfy at Christmas?

See I am renting but have similar savings at the end of each month, I am tempted to continue putting aside for a deposit but I am not convinced that it would be good investment at the moment.
My instincts say shit will probably go sideways in the next couple of years so I dont fancy getting stuck with a shit mortgage.

I hear a lot of people saying house prices will crash or whatever in the next couple of years.

How will this come about in your opinion? It looks like there'll always be demand, and if Millenials can't afford them investors seem happy enough to buy and rent out.

zoomers are hoping there will be a crash because between student loans, shitty wages/job market, brexit, they're going to be fucked long term unless the housing market crashes like a whore. it won't happen though because people will still be flooding in despite brexit because Tories are Jews who will never decrease immigration to the point where we can afford houses again. If it's not east euros, it will be Indians or chinks or niggers from Africa.

I think it will. It's supported across most of the political spectrum now. Labour is coming around because many of their supporters are the guys who lose their min wage jobs to low skilled immigrants or at least have their wages depressed by them. The conservatives are scared shitless to lose any more members to UKIP, I think the fear of bleeding voters is what secured us the EU referendum, they'd rather concede something they want but keep the voting base. UKIP is back in growth mode if you look at the recent Sargon antics.

The only reason we have any population growth in the UK at all is because of immigration, our actual average fertility rate is something like 1.92 which is below replacement rate, so once many of the immigrants are blocked from entering and the population goes from growing to shrinking, house prices will come down. The govt outlined the new policies for immigration today, the reason the Tories lied about it in the past is fundamentally because EU law stopped them from restricting the movement of people, they had no choice. Once Brexit is a done deal things will turn around super fast.

Nice digits.

And Millenials aren't doing well in the job market, zoomers are still in school aren't they?

>zoomers are still in school aren't they
nah mate, gen alpha are the ones in school. zoomers are starting to finish uni now. time flies!
They. Will. Never. Decrease. Immigration.

how does he get round build regs, planning permission change of use from outbuilding/barn to home etc.

The building on some land you got cheap loopholes I've read of is if you get some animals and then can show you need to be on site 24/7 for care and security of them.

it's on wheels and you move it between two plots you own, you vacate the property for a few months each year like a holiday home, some people who work abroad for months at a time do this.

Rest of it seems to be you might get away with it but you can never really feel comfy as they could give you some order to demolish it, or charge you some exhorbitant 10K+ cost to demolish it and return the land to how it was beforehand ,you end up being chased by baliffs the rest of your life.

>owning a home
Forgive me but I have no sympathy for people who sold their soul for a mortgage. Crash the market and let it be corrected.

Otherwise there will be no future for those who come after us.

Attached: Wat could possibly go wrong.gif (232x200, 1.2M)

Londinium.

Thanks. Yep, very. It's a small place for a city so everyone is very friendly as everyone knows everyone it's very high trust, everyone spends their days in pubs chit chatting and being merry especially around Xmas time.

Prices go down when supply increases and demand decreases. Demand will go down when the number of people goes down which will happen rapidly after Brexit and reform of immigration. Meanwhile the houses crisis has made the govt pour money into new affordable builds so that'll peak just as immigration drops.

It's all spend up by the fact that people watch the markets and if they anticipate prices dropping in the coming years it makes them hold off buying which speeds up the price drop, like an artificial drop in the demand.

He mentioned that he built a second "decoy" home in case the council came knocking, but has figured that they are too cash-strapped to bother knocking his actual house down. But it can't be nice knowing they can come knocking at any moment.

Another good viddy:

youtube.com/watch?v=zsoh0Y_VXdY

Ah makes sense. WB landlords are quite rare in many places. Many Peter Rachman's about.

>They. Will. Never. Decrease. Immigration.
They bent over backwards with the referendum on Brexit because UKIP growth represented a threat and lets face it the people flooding to UKIP aren't lefties, they're coming from the conservative party. And the last election was a hung election because the conservatives didn't quite get a majority, so they'll begrudgingly address the concerns of UKIP which is fundamentally about immigration, that's what the entire referendum was fundamentally run on. They'll do what they need to do to stay in power, all the public need to do is field a few more % for UKIP to remind them the threat is still there. Which is why I'm a UKIP member.

A lot of Labour went to UKIP too. Look at their success in Wales.

For them, Brexit was enough of a release on the safety valve for them to just continue to ramp up immigration again for the next decade or so.
If you're gullible enough to believe they'll do otherwise, that's your choice. Decreasing Immigration is the UK's Mexico border wall. Screencap dis. IT'LL NEVER HAPPEN, NOT UNTIL 2030 AT THE EARLIEST.

Let's have fun guys

I'm Muslim, just want to point out that kind of thing doesn't and never has triggered us. You might get a few retards to come out to *funded* protests in Pakistan and other Muslim countries, but the rest of us just shrug and get on with our day.
Direct your energy into getting rid of those who have political power and control your media and brainwash your populations into being wage-slaves and feminists.

yeah he said he used to be a "traveller" for a while (gypsy for non bongs) in another vid. The important point about getting away with planning permission is:
>prove you have been resident at the property for four years or more for residential
>ten years for commercial (including farming)
Legally speaking they can't do too much after that point unless it's a public safety concern. Hence the decoy home plan and that mad lad who built a castle hidden behind hay bales.

How would you prove this? Send a letter to yourself on moving-in day?

6k taxes on a 150k houses here in jew jersey. Why fucking bother? Taxes go up every year so your contribution to ""equity"" lowers. You go on zillow and taxes go up 6 years in a row. Its fucking depressing and fuck this sanctuary state

FUCK MODERN HOUSING.

The sooner this world comes crashing down the better. All I wanted was a simple life in a cabin with some land.

REMEMBER WHAT THEY TOOK FROM YOU.

They definitely took some from labour and no doubt some nominal amount from other parties but the bulk is coming from disaffected conservatives for sure. What the conservatives care about is when it comes to UKIP growth are more people coming from their party or Labour, because their actual fight come election day isn't with UKIP it's with Labour.

They bent on Brexit and they'll bend on immigration. They're the same thing! The primary reason people voted Brexit was over control of the borders. The people who voted for Brexit aren't just going to sit back once it's a done deal, they'll push hard on immigration next.

>6k
Fuck, nigga. Same thing is happening here with council tax. I'm sure it's gone up like 50% in the last 5 years.

>They're the same thing!
preaching to the converted, I know Brexit is 100% about immigration. You think the Tories don't know? Oh they fucking know. They just don't care. And they are happy to use the facade of Brexit as a way to show muh democracy is still working.
I'm saying they know all this and they will use Brexit to cover up the exact thing that it was a vote against. If you think this is below the Tories, then you obviuosly haven't been paying much attention to what they've been doing.

Bills, letters and registering for things with it. Apparently the Royal Mail will deliver almost anywhere as long as they can find it and it has a postcode area. The guy mentions signing up for a phone in a video and adding his own number to the street he lived on, naming the property and getting as many official letters sent there as possible.

Proper pikey pro tips.

Any nice house is 7500 plus and it goes up every year. Whatever let everyone leave this state until it destroys itself and nobody is left to feed the useless social programs

How much choice do you really have though, i.e. is any state vastly lower in comparison?

We don't really have the geography for it.

I am planning to do the van life.

Attached: Vanlife-Storage.jpg (1000x894, 266K)

Florida and texas for example... 3500 tax on a 300k house. This is why ita important those statea dont turn blue. Democrats literally destroy everything

>that panelling
lmao. you're gonna freeze to death next time there's a slightly-bad winter.

Van life in Britian seems quite bleak. Too cold and wet, everything will end up damp or mouldy.

it's not a millennial housing crisis, it's a boomer housing crisis....they are the ones left with overpriced assets that they are unable to liquidate. They are also the reason why millennials can't afford to buy homes. But, in typical boomer style, the take no responsibility and blame everyone else.

That's not my van fella.

pic related

Attached: warm.jpg (736x1026, 132K)

Those fire things are fucking heavy.

BUT THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO FIX THE ECONOMY!

>line your cuck-wagon with wood
>put a fire inside it

I'm a shit heel student in Brighton mate

There's a fire alarm there too on the left. I can't imagine that person actually lives there full-time.

Why do half of Brit/pol/ seem to be Sussex or Brighton students but I've not met a single one of you IRL.

>be 26
>still living at parents home

I probably get a 20% mortgage if I really wanted to on my own

Maybe waiting for this whole Brexit thing to play out

but maybe that is just an excuse...

>crisis
all part of their plan(s)
no crisis as they see it
>food banks
>UBI
>privatising/selling govt
>refugees and shit everywhere
and so on
all that stuff is deliberately done to the peasantry/herd to kill/replace you
>no homes
>no jobs
>no money
>no place to lie down and sleep
>no food
>no healthcare
>no government services
>and keep piling on the austerity measures until they've got every penny anyone could ever own and everything is sold to themselves for pennies, and they own everything

but its never enough
NEVER ENOUGH FOR THEM

Damn a student with his own place? Must be quite rare.

I've only been to Brighton once and didn't enjoy it at all, although I was only there for about half an hour. It felt like Skegness mixed with the last days of the San Francisco hippy era.

I wouldn't buy any house right now. Things surely can't get any more expensive.