Good dumbphone

I've been wanting to switch to a 'dumbphone' for quite some time now, but I'm not sure which one to go with. Can you recommend a good one that won't track me and record me? I know it's probably impossible to do completely, but I'd like to at least try. I'm sick of this evil piece of shit tech that just makes us lives worse and records everything we do. Also, any tips to reduce (((their))) influence in our daily lives through tech much appreciated.

Attached: phones.jpg (1620x1069, 153K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/ZTE-Z431-Altair-Keyboard-Unlocked/dp/B009EAFP0W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1545238945&sr=8-1&keywords=altair z431
youtu.be/M_VXO87CNaw
hackaday.io/project/5083-diy-smartphone
indiegogo.com/projects/light-phone-2/x/17348512#/
nokia.com/phones/en_int/nokia-3310
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

havent had one at all in over a year. the inconvenience is quickly replaced with serenity.

just get a $30 foodstamp phone and put tape over the camera, you will at least be able to browse the internet.

samsung for 20bucks and 14 days battery life in constant use unbeatable

>havent had one at all in over a year. the inconvenience is quickly replaced with serenity.
Seriously. Its not worth it. Much like stopping smoking weed, it takes 3 months for you to learn to live again, and you'll never go back. Get a dumbphone or tracphone and put only your closest family and friends on it, and leave it on the other side of the house fro where you spend most of ypur time. Don't text or play games on it, you'll come to hate what little connection with phones you still have, but still use it when its useful on the run or for calls at home. I mostly don't take it out with me unless I have a reason.

I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but try installing LineageOS on your phone. It has none of the Google botnet crap and you can install your apps through the F-Droid app store, which contains purely free and open source apps.

You'll have all of the convenience of smartphones, like having a decent camera, a touchscreen, internet access for the times when you just need to look something on the internet up, and the ability to navigate using GPS.
You won't have shit like push messaging so your phone won't constantly be screaming for your attention, and your battery life could improve since there are less processes working in the background.

I did. It’s nice tbqh. I had to keep one smart phone for work unfortunately, but I disabled the browser on it and I don’t give out the number to anyone except business contacts.

yup, i used to smoke pot every fucking day and bang roasties every weekend years ago. normal frens ask me all the time why im so fucking happy now. shit drives them crazy.

punkt

Pol incels dont bang roasties nice try

you know the drill roastie, post tits.

Nokia 3310

I use this. No camera, no internet. I use it for calls and text, that's it.

Attached: 119022-v1-nokia-105-2017-mobile-phone-large-1.jpg (300x400, 13K)

I would honestly would do that, since I live with my gf and never call/text anyone apart from like 2 people but I need a phone to function in society. Occasionally you need to make a phone call and I don't have a stationary phone. I'm not really into social media, games or anything like that. I mostly read news on my phone, check shitcoins or come here to lurk.

Thanks, I'll look into that. My plan was actually to keep my smartphone and just keep turn in off and keep it in a drawer somewhere. When I occasionally need to use gps or take pics I would have brought it out.

For me the tracking and botnet shit is just one reason to give away the smartphone, the other one is actually getting rid of all the 'convenience'. I don't want 24/7 access to the internet. I already have a laptop, a desktop and a TV. I want scale down and get rid of the smartphone and TV and get back to reading books and being more productive. I feel like having a smartphone on me at all times has made me dumber.

this, I went back to dumbphone as well, I take it out with me just because my job has a lot of on-call duty, but you have to be special dumb to trust google or apple with your life, fuck them, litlle convenience doesn't outweight freedom from surveillance.only thing I miss is ability to snap semi-decent photos from time to time.

I've been using this phone for almost 4 years now. It has a browser but I don't pay for internet..just voice and text. It's durable and the battery lasts for days. I have the z431 but there is also a z432 that I just purchased for a backup.

amazon.com/ZTE-Z431-Altair-Keyboard-Unlocked/dp/B009EAFP0W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1545238945&sr=8-1&keywords=altair z431

You'll be tracked regardless by triangulation of your signal from the antenna.

You can get a pouch that will block the signal when you're not using it. Also you have the option of putting your phone in "airplane" mode.

>be me with friends/family
>phone rings in pocket
>silence it through jeans without removing it and keep talking
>friends/family make fun of me for it or ask who it is

Cellphones are awful.

z432 is actually $5 cheaper than the z431 right now and there is a $4 off coupon

>I'm not really into social media, games or anything like that. I mostly read news on my phone, check shitcoins or come here to lurk.
Probably makes it easier on me that I also decided to skip this next 5-10 years on consoles and go desktop computer only for my internet and games. The internet is just different compared to a phone. Alittle less clickbaity, and I have to remember things myself when I have real questions and answers throughout the day, not bs in the moment ones. You end up doing real research at the end of the day, and not 'fun facts' you quickly forget. Sry I can't recommend a phone though. Its a shit phone that may have internet, idk.

get a סld Blackberry
8000, 9000 series
no backdoors or bloatware
biggest catch, no LTE

Attached: 51ZvTxZd4wL.jpg (500x453, 45K)

I used to have that N Gage. I was the coolest person ever with it

>he thinks airplane mode stops tracking
Airplane mode is a meme anyways. I always leave my cell on in planes and take calls if needed

Yeah, I know but you reduce the date can reduce the data they can harvest off you. For example they can't record you if you don't have a camera. It's getting scary how much data they have on you. Even if it's never used against us, I don't want Jewgle knowing everything about me.

looking to get a good older flip phone, preferably one with the cute extendable antenna. any recommendations?

Attached: 1544108334469.jpg (704x676, 199K)

>any tips to reduce (((their))) influence in our daily lives through tech much appreciated.
don't use anything that can be used to record or track you?

>Be me, don't have mobile phone (cellphone)
>???
>literally don't miss out on anything and get left the fuck alone when I want to be

they can track you with every phone with triangulation. becouse phones register allways in the phone net.

I just use an LG Revere 4 flip through Verizog. But it's shit because prepaid is 31.75 per month, which is only 18 dollars shy of unlimited smartphone service. I thought of the simcard route but I notice you're forced to pay an activation fee, which means some money is going to get lost in the transaction. Before this I used a LG Env3, but the fucker would butt dial constantly. Still, the qwerty was nice and it was old as I ever had.

Btw, will the original Nokias still work? I know they have the 'updated' ones, but I'd rather get an old one.

I have the first one on the left and I love it.

But if I had my way I’d get the original StarTAC. You can get it in Europe for the GSM frequencies you use for quite cheap on eBay.

Attached: 0DE9746D-4DA6-4613-9210-3A113A1F85C6.jpg (4032x3024, 2.46M)

In the city where I live you can barely get a tracfone anymore. It's one of the ZTE Chinese spyphones and it's really not that cheap. They might even require ID. Buy a tracfone on ebay, I guess, and then get a card to activate. Better if you can get a lot/box of them, and toss every couple of months.

Check out Ting. $6 per month for a line and then they bill on usage. My bill is usually $10-$15 per month.

extremely redpilled thread my man
I was looking a the Nokia 3G because it has an old aesthetic to it

I had one of those Nokia's on the far left of your photo back in the 90's. It worked pretty good. I dunno if you would be able to activate one today though...

Just buy a burner phone with cash from a gas station like the drug dealers do.

Thanks, I'm looking into it now.

Pic related is my dream phone. I’d love to find a brand new StarTAC 8000g. Motorola should definitely make them again.

Attached: 2203AAF3-573F-4256-9A7D-25BC23E258D8.jpg (499x365, 23K)

Why would you want to do that OP? I just got the iPhone X and I’m loving it. The camera is awesome and the specs are nice. Not to mention my pussy rate when up.

> activate

You can use them on T Mobile because they didn’t decomission their gsm network unlike ATT who did.

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 1.75M)

oh shit bro i still got one of those emf powered flashy antennas that light up when you get text messages and phone calls.

Ah, cool.

Pathetic smartphone addicts.
>B-but it's convenient!
Heh. Sure, keep saying that to yourself, buddy. Convenience is a very small price to pay and is completely worth your privacy.
>They can track you anyway!
Neck yourself, addict. Go buy your new Glossteria XYZ with slightly higher specs, larger screen, and better camera that you'll tape over anyway. Only 999.99$. WORTH EVERY PENNY.
Seriously, why are you still alive?

Thanks. I think we more threads about self improvement and breaking free of bad habits. We should help each other break the chains that enslave us, because in this day and age it is mostly just mind control/surveillance/degeneracy disguised as convenience.

if i werent a poorfag and i absolutely had to fucking have one, i'd probably go with one of the silentcircle black phones. years ago they sounded pretty based, didnt follow the progress so i dont know if it got comped or not.

Seriously, why you are so dumb?
Oh I know now. You are in Slovenia, that explains.

>Just buy a burner phone with cash from a gas station like the drug dealers do.

Problem is that in my country (and most of Europe) you have to register your SIM card now with government ID.

>doos valt flag calling anyone dumb

May want to look in the Librem 5 also. Available in April i think, so don't know exactly what to expect (maybe they'll have some problems as it'S brand new) but the company is solid, they already sell security-privacy focused laptops.

It's google free, they have their own OS (linux based i think)... And even have a hardware kill switches for the camera and mic.

But yeah LineageOS is a good option.

Stop shitting yourself in public you dumb burger brain.

Attached: Shitty American culture:.jpg (979x1080, 550K)

I have one of these in my drawer. What carriers support them?

Get a gsm MicroTAC if you can find one breh. Europe still has them on their frequencies.

youtu.be/M_VXO87CNaw

Attached: 29E17FA3-A996-4D18-9118-6E2D6AC1C359.png (1334x750, 3.74M)

if it’s gsm your only answer is T-Mobile it any of the virtual carriers in their network such as ting.

they started sort of doing that here too a few years ago, same with the prepaid credit cards. i dont do jewbanks either. they got tired of not being able to track ghosts i guess. you can root and disable gsm features pretty easy, cdma is a little harder. its not track free, but you can disable most of the shit in it. thats what i was doing before i quit them completely. you dont have to use your legit info here, but it has to be something they can look up as of the last few years.

I'm willing to pay for a good, durable dumbphone with a good camera and GPS. But the dumbphone market is virtually dead.

none. just because it reduces features doesn't mean it can't track you.

It's a voicestream so basically T-Mobile before Dutch Telekom buyout. Guess I'll try, but what's the cost like?

I think your location is still logged in airplane mode.

In order to get FCC approval, a device needs to be fully backdoored and trackable. Good luck getting off the grid when the grid is everywhere at all times.

Getting unaddicted to smartphones is different from privacy seeking. Maybe this phone is an option for people with more patience than I. hackaday.io/project/5083-diy-smartphone

Ting starts at 6 dollars per month. I am on T-Mobile and I ask them to have two SIM cards for the same phone number (they have this thing called DIGITS) that allows that. So I have a smart phone when I need one and a dumb phone when I want to be away from the pozzed Web 2.0.

I want to do this as well. I can't switch off Jow Forums though. I feel like I'll miss something critical.

Nokia 3600

I funded this phone here:
indiegogo.com/projects/light-phone-2/x/17348512#/

It's quite pricey but aesthetics are important to me. It will not have web browsing which is good for me.

If cost is a concern this is your best bet here. Although it does have web browsing I believe:
nokia.com/phones/en_int/nokia-3310

>I mostly don't take it out with me unless I have a reason.
I have an old phone and I always carry it with me because I know some day I might need to call an ambulance for myself. Putting it in my pocket when going out and taking it out of the pocket when back home are pretty much the only interactions I have with it.

Have you thought of just setting up a time everyday just for browsing Jow Forums and doing it on a desktop/laptop? I honestly love this site and it's changed my life but if I'm on here too much I start hating it.

Find a dumbphone that supports 4g, because 3g will be unsupported in the near future.

The biggest problem for me is my job.. I'll come in here and sit sometimes for days with two other guys, and never get a call or see a foreman(we're maintenance techs). So lots of time to kill, and having this fucking phone is the easiest option to pass the time.

You can thank mossad for that. Procedure requires sim card company 1 on monday and tuesday, company 2, 3 etc. Other intel agencies were raping europe in that way. This is honestly why NSA will fuck up anyone they want, GSM or newer.

Play with your dick.

That was my first phone....

Had a plan with SWB (now ATT) that gave me 100 minutes of outgoing calls for 100$. So if people called me it was free, but I paid 1$ per minute if I called them. Back in the days of pagers, beepers it was a god send.

Id recommend the Samsung Rugby 2 slip. Its really rugged and battery life is like 2 days. GSM only tho..

honestly dont think you can stop the nsa, even going innawoods they can look at you pooping if they want to. best to just stay off their radar, unless you are a wizard. fuck mossad though, bunch of faggots.

>guy wants a mobile phone that doesn't know its location

GPS

Mine was an analog Nokia 918 that ran on Bolivia’s Telecel (what Tigo used to be). My second phone was that one too but instead of GSM it was TDMA.

Analog phones were fun and if you had a scanner you could listen to phone calls. All you needed to know was the uplink/downlink frequencies.

You could also clone phones really easy, provided you intercepted the ESN (easy to do too)

A good film to watch is takedown, about Kevin mitnick

How about using a vpn, tor and tutanota?

shame about mitnick, basically tortured through isolation and threats til he flipped.

tor is mostly fbi stay off it. vpn doesnt stop nsa. tuta is new on me, been out of the game for a while. vpn is fine for normal shenanigans, but wont stop nsa.

Cheap Chinese ruggedized phone. They've got physical keys, a smartphone grade battery that lasts 2-3 weeks on a device this simple, easily survive getting dropped on concrete and run a Chinese rip-off of old Nokia firmware. Don't buy old Nokia phones. Battery will be fucked and old phone + fresh battery will be more expensive than a brand new Chinesium phone.

Bonus points in Germany: shady Chinese companies sell these directly over Amazon without bothering with silly nonsense such as VAT. So I can buy one of these and rest safe in the knowledge that all the money goes straight to the shady Chinese merchant, without the state taking a cut for Ahmed's gibs.

Yeah bro. Some stupid judge got convinced he could wisthle on the phone and launch nukes. It takes a special kind of retarded boomer to believe that, but then again the majority of the boomers believe in the jew-on-a-stick fairy tale about the magic carpenter born to a virgin. Lol.

Chinese phone full of backdoors and that eavesdrops and sends info to the motherland.

fuck i remember these faggots recruiting at defcon the same year they killed barnaby jack for his pace maker breaker. they really are stupid.

you sure showed him

There are many burners available if you just walk around tourist areas. Liquor stores run by Arabs also tend to carry burners. After purchase, all you need is to modify it a bit (you have to look that up) and you're in business (legal or otherwise). If you're really a privacy nut, you'd have to keep disposing and buying new burners every so often. Every couple of calls, every month, whatever.

Can I get Grindr on f-droid? I need to keep on having my dick appointments if you know what I mean.

I've done this last year. Haven't looked back.
I brought a shitty third party dumb phone with a built in mp3 player. It cost no more than £5

The first two weeks was hell as I felt like I was disconnected from everyone. I even had friends getting angry that they couldn't reach me on Faceberg. I simply told them I was my choice, they all got my number so they can text me or call me from now on.

After the third week I realized I was talking to people a lot more, I felt less stressed and just appreciated things a lot more.

Taking the dumbphone-pill is one big step for self improvement.

Also I'm saving a shit loads of money because I don't need to buy data plans.

get an old black berry, politicians used em and still use them.