Why do orthodox and Catholics emphasize the image of Christ dead on the cross?

Why do orthodox and Catholics emphasize the image of Christ dead on the cross?

Attached: 60C7ADFF-BFE4-419E-9C60-14B0BD1F5C96.jpg (425x425, 24K)

Orthodox does't.

Because it's the ultimate sacrifice... its what Christianity is based on; God becoming man for the sole purpose of suffering for a broken people whom he loves. I'm protestant and I believe that, I'm sure catholics believe something similar

Because we edgy bois.

That's exactly what we believe

The greater the sacrifice, the closer to God.

Christus Victor

It's meant to symbolize the ultimate sacrifice that God/Christ made to save humanity or allow them to be saved and close to them.

Because they can't stop idol worship.
Mention graven images around a papist and watch the excuses fly.

Attached: 1541892433987m.jpg (1024x782, 246K)

They don't worship Jesus himself, they worship the ACT of crucifying Jesus. Why? When you are an inferior male, you have to chase the pussy because the pussy doesn't chase you. Now establishing dominance over a male that is superior to you will impress the females so much that they will let you reproduce with them. So you take a bunch of inferior males (Catholic boys) and train them up to dominate males that are superior and there is your inferior male reproductive strategy.

It reminds our kids if they act like liberal hippies they get nailed to a cross.

Thanks for the answers bros.
Why do Protestants emphasis the image of a bare cross?

Attached: 11EFCA36-0078-46B3-A888-A72F98880EC0.jpg (800x800, 61K)

Because He is risen

Jesus wasn't even a real person, you cucks

>pic related

Attached: jesus.jpg (333x499, 28K)

pure babble

Strictly a Papist thing, which means it's wrong.

Attached: E7174C9A-2EE7-45D2-9D24-BC50BE2893F9.jpg (750x750, 84K)

You'll be hard pressed to find any reputable historian who doesnt believe in Jesus the historical figure being a real person. You're retarded, but God loves regards too

Have to do better than that, Schlomo.

I've seen protestants do both but for me the emphasis is on that He defeated death. But I have respect for both symbols. Plus it's easier to draw a bare cross

who are you trying to convince?

I wonder what shenanigans ccd students are getting into with the fortnite t-poses.

Attached: Girls+love+jesus+because+hes+hung_fba20d_4417454[1].jpg (259x194, 12K)

It depends on which protestant, some like JW are completely against crosses in general.

Because they focus on death and solely death.

Attached: 1543557682462m.jpg (902x1024, 33K)

>You'll be hard pressed to find any reputable historian who doesnt believe in Jesus the historical figure being a real person.
How would you know? All of your knowledge on this question comes from the Wikipedia page you google two seconds ago.

> dab

>Jesus wasn't even a real person, you cucks
>book is written by an Atheist Jew.

>>book is written by an Atheist Jew.
WTF are you talking about, Paddy?

Carrier might be a filthy degenerate, but he's not a Jew

i dont
i only believe in god, and i put acts of good above anything else
i dont know why orthodox, nor those protestant sects use the cross for though

When you deny Christ you become a Jew by default, you dumb ass Jew bong.

>When you deny Christ you become a Jew by default, you dumb ass Jew bong.
You know Jesus was a Jew, right...?

Why the fuck would a supposedly all powerful being have to die to overturn something it created in the first place?

Attached: 1545100558737.jpg (363x494, 120K)

It’s like when you built a theme park in rollercoaster tycoon and you want to physically experience the creation.

Jesus was a Jew is a Jew narrative used to deny Christ is the Messiah, and to deflect the fact that Jews rejected Christ, and are the enemies of Christians.

Any more Judaisms you wanna throw you NPC bong. You fucking peole are nothing but Jewish mouthpieces, every single fucking one of you.

>Jesus was a Jew is a Jew narrative used to deny Christ is the Messiah
But Jesus can't be the Messiah, because he wasn't even a real person. What are you finding to difficult to understand about this?

Of Jesus wasn’t real why did all those people who were contemporary to Him freely accept their death in His name?

>Of Jesus wasn’t real why did all those people who were contemporary to Him freely accept their death in His name?
There are no contemporary accounts of Christians being executed for their beliefs. It's all church propaganda from centuries later.

Jonestown and Heavens Gate prove people will do anything for their faith

Because he's respecting the original syntax of Abel's blood sacrifice offering of the lamb, he brought his own "lamb", which required equal bloody sacrifice. And, what was gained? By taking on all the sins of man, he assumed 100% of the sin debt for past/present/future mankind, as long as those persons accept the "gift" of forgiveness. If you live and die, yet failed to accept this forgiveness gift, then you basically are not counted in the redemption and you are responsible for all them sins. Derp. That's what it means. It's defeating sin, which is the way the demons justify bringing people to hell - they just point out all the unforgiven unpaid-for sins at your death.

Self-sacrifice is the highest virtue.

Because Jesus did not want to be known outside of the Cross. Read the scriptures. Jesus goes around preaching and healing. But whenever he heals someone, he tells them not to tell anyone. But after Jesus rises from the dead, then he gives the apostles the great command to go spread the Gospel. The Gospel is the Good News. Jesus has conquered death and sin by His Holy Cross.

In the garden of Gethsemane, Jesus took on ALL THE SIN OF MANKIND. Even though Jesus never sinned, HE BECAME SIN. Then Jesus died on the cross, and all sin died. Then Jesus arose, glorious and immortal.

Now when we are baptised, we died and are reborn with Him. All sins and punishment due to sin are washed away in baptism and our souls are made as white as snow. That is a free gift that God has given us through the power of the Cross.

It may have to do with their literalistic interpretation of the prohibition of graven images in the OT.

Because it is the central theme of the religion. Before Christ, people had to sacrifice animals for penance, and even then were still condemned. The Old Testament is the story of how the Jews constantly strayed from God, and God constantly punishing them for it. Finally, he sends his Son to open the Gates of Heaven, canceling the old covenant and making a new one. He accomplishes this by sacrificing himself for the penance of all who would receive it. It is the central theme of the religion, not he cross ( the sign of the new covenant) but his sacrifice as the culmination of his new plan and covenant

Because they rarely have a real understanding of the Bible and the message. They always erase the parts they don't like or agree with, which proves their insincerity

this they don't do idols

You can't have Christ without the cross and vice versa. The cross without Christ denies the human nature of Christ, being a real person in the flesh. Christ without the cross denies the suffering and sacrifice.

t. Catholic

Attached: 1524491610947m.jpg (473x1024, 117K)

Selflessness is the parable. And there is no greater extent of holiness, than to give everything for something you believe in.

Protestants like it as a symbol of Christ, but if he were hanged would we be walking around with a noose on our necks? A gun? A knife? I’m not a fan of worshipping the agent of death of Christ.

>why would people die for someone if they dont exist?
You believe in something unverifiable, yet you still believe, right? So you might understand why people could do something unreasonable by following that line of logic.

The Lord sacrificed himself. That's a big damn deal.

Have you ever played Crusader Kings?
You're the rightful king.
You forge a kingdom through strategic marriage, grant a bunch of counties to landless plebs.
Advance technology in your kingdom, usher in an age of peace and prosperity never seen before.

Then your shitty vassals with 2 Stewardship, who are only nobility because you gave them that position, revolt because they want to fuck ur mom and you keep turning them down.

God raised us up to be like him by giving us reason and free will.
We constantly try to usurp him and make ourselves king.
But God loves us so much, that even after we abuse every gift he's given us, he's willing to die for us in order that we might choose to be reconciled with him.

Different denominations generally emphasize different parts of the trinity.
Father: Orthodoxy, Reformed/Calvinism
Son: Catholicism, Lutheranism
Holy Spirit: Pentecostalism, Baptists

Because the death is literally what redeemed humanity

The way American Protestants downplay the actual suffering and death of Christ in favor of the Resurrection is born from a terrible understanding of theology and an instinctual desire to see Jesus get a "happy ending" as if it's a fucking children's movie.

>St. Paul don't real.
>St. Peter don't real.
>St. Steven don't real.
>St. Thomas don't real.
>Every other first century martyr don't real.
wew lad

Okay fuck this I’m done playing nice. I want answers.

How in the name of fuck did Jesus’ death and resurrection forgive our sins. It makes no fucking sense.

Momento mori.

What the fuck are the father, son, and Holy Ghost?

>God raised us up to be like him by giving us reason and free will
Could that even be true, knowing that omniscience playing a factor prior to him creating the universe and knowing exactly what we would do, and instead of changing anything he acknowledged what would occur and made everything the way it is anyways.

>Implying Christ is a liberal hippie

And what did his sacrifice do and how?

Why? How?

Attached: 1544749809282.gif (350x403, 509K)

He was also a Gentile, read Matthew again and pay attention during the genealogy, lots of Gentile women in that bloodline.

Attached: 20852120-3010-4DF3-854C-0330E814FC93.jpg (376x480, 85K)

How in the name of fuck did it save humanity?

He didn’t have to, he chose to out of love. An expression.

It's a joke by the jews that made the religion

Yes, I get it. He’s not a jew, certainly not in the way modern jews claim they are. But why did he have to get killed by them to save humanity? I’m tired of blindly going along with this stupid larp that does nothing but pacify people. Start justifying your doctrine or fuck off.

Attached: E2CCC3FE-090D-4B14-BC42-F45474CC0A2B.gif (500x280, 469K)

>Why do orthodox and Catholics emphasize the image of Christ dead on the cross?

trauma based mind control.

jews killed their god('s son), that's what they worship.

The story goes... "No matter how powerful you are, or popular, the jews will kill you, even if you are god"

The holy Trinity. Go back to Sunday school

are you serious?

Jews that followed Christ are Christians. Jews that betrayed Christ belong to the synagogue of Satan.

Attached: 1545075670990m.jpg (1024x791, 92K)

Because it's a metaphor. There's no sky daddy, but god exists in that he is the externalized "source" of good, truth, and creativity. God is that force inside you. Satan is the animalistic destructive force. Your base instincts that just want to eat and fuck and kill. It's man that feeds the hungry, treats the sick, and stands on water, but he can only do these things with a good nature and healthy muse.

Further, heaven and hell are not real places, they're the memory of you held by your loved ones after you die - because that's the only way your you-ness exists. You have everlasting life if you go to heaven if your family thinks back on you fondly and often. You suffer in hell if your family thinks back on you with disdain.

And signing the cross is a reminder of your obligations:

>Father
Your forefathers, those that came before you and passed their traits on to you. Your race.

>Son
Your heirs, the generations to come, and the legacy you leave behind to them. Your nation.

>Holy Spirit
Your inner good, truth, and creativity. Your God.

Attached: Traditional Christianity.jpg (984x793, 99K)

Because they can’t comprehend Christ consciousness, so they tie his divinity to materialist bullshit that is easier to understand

I'm not sure if you know this or not, but many believers of God disagree with you

That's fine. They're allowed to. I'm not invalidating their morals and values, just demystifying them. It's what I've come to call "Practical Christianity".

in catholicism we want you to feel the suffering of God in the flesh. To feel the horror. See the spanish baroque. Orthos prefer calmer expressions.

>Because they can’t comprehend Christ consciousness
Can anyone?

Stop being facetious. I want to know what each one individually is.

LMAO, there’s literally dozens of replies ITT and thousands of years of scholarship explaining this and you are too retarded and impatient to bother either reading the thread or consulting the internet that you are using. God still loves you user, that’s a miracle in itself. I’ll spoon feed you though, the central problem is that the jews couldn’t stick to the Covenant that God made for them and kept being, well, jews. God incarnated Himself on Earth to save humanity from Sin, which came into the world when Mankind messes up in the garden of Eden. Every person has “Original Sin” from the Garden of Eden, and then, because we live in a fallen world(due to being kicked out of Eden) we keep sinning. Jesus came down and made a newer, easier Covenant and then extended it to everyone because if you read the Bible, it’s the Gentiles that have better faith than the jews.

Attached: 9FF21982-04D4-493C-AFAD-0B113C7070AC.jpg (800x818, 221K)

jesus was literally a weak faggot

What can I say? When you have it you have it

Anyone have any resources I could look into? because I have more questions.

Attached: 1544631401330.png (418x498, 203K)

1) cuz out of all the prophets, he was a Martyr
2) cuz death is literally liberation from this hell

Right, it just seemed like a statement of fact.

Should add, Christ took on the sins of the world, like a rich guy buying up everyone’s debt and declaring everyone free from said debt. By His dying on the cross, your sins are forgiven.

Attached: 672FEC6D-FFE3-42CB-AC29-206E9FBA1A62.jpg (2048x1740, 1.03M)

Just because someone knows how the story plays out, that doesn't mean that you don't have any say in it.

One of the places to start is by remembering that God is OUTSIDE of time.
Past, present, and future mean something very different for him than they do for us.
He knows what we will do, but we are still participating in creation through our choices.

Now, a more difficult question is why God would create someone he knew was going to choose to reject him, but I will admit I am not qualified to make an attempt at explaining that.

You’re full of shit. He said you have to follow the law better than the scribes and Pharisees to get into heaven.

What are your questions? I’m not a Priest, but I might be able to help.

How do you know that you have it, and that the others who claim the same thing dont?

It's just my understanding based on my experiences, but viewing things from another angle might help some folks.
Your mileage may vary.

Right, and no one can do that, “no one is righteous, not one”. That’s why Christ came down to save you, rudeanon.

it's a subliminal message to sign your soul to the jew. That's why any legal contract requires you to sign on the X (cross)

Truth simply exists. It's the lies that are invented. Hope this lil' hint will help ya, lad.

Mary literally was and the Bible hints at other people who were sinless.

Because he gave humans free will. You want your children to love you and come to you of their own free will don't you? It's all about there being a conscious choice people have to take between the narrow straight way and the path that leads to death.

>Because the death is literally what redeemed humanity
How? He’s God. He could just say your sins are forgiven and fuck off.

Mary is a special case, hand chosen by God and kept in a state of grace for a particular purpose. Who are the others you are referencing? There’s 2(?) people in the OT taken directly to Heaven IIRC, everyone else ended up in the “Bosom of Abraham”, and then Jesus allowed them into Heaven after His death.

>God is OUTSIDE of time.
Aside from me not knowing how you know this, he would have to operate and create everything within our laws. So it was prior to him creating the universe that he acknowledged was exactly what he wanted, regardless of where you believe he is.