Is College a Fucking Scam Regardless of Major?

I graduated last week and received my computer analysis degree from State School U. The best job I could find without moving out of state was $13.00/hr with no benefits, not exactly the $60,000+ starting salary all of my advisers and professors promised.

I'm so fucking pissed right now. Is it this bad for other degrees? Does it get better? Did I fuck up for the last 4 1/2 years?

Attached: 74836320920.jpg (1200x798, 301K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BHm2UJVCl2c
www[dot]jobscan[dot]co/
jobs.disneycareers.com/job/burbank/animation-studios-data-platform-internship-summer-2019/391/10249696?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes. It's a common mistake of your generation. It's a trap.

You would have been better off working McDonald’s for two years while studying part time to be a dental assistant you gullible faggot.

What languages did you learn

Nursing major, went to small private college in hometown. Paid off my debt in a year.

>spend 4 years unproductive to society
>accumulate massive debt
>not even guarenteed a job

Yes

It's only not a scam if you get a medical license.

Everything else you can teach yourself without a degree.

why dont you try taking your first day of experience before you expect 30 bucks an hour? companies arent going to pay you for you just for sitting around with your fancy piece of paper and your butt plug

>OVERPAID EDUCATION.

>I deserve $16,000 above the national income average for my first job because I showed up to a class for 4 years

>Is College a Fucking Scam Regardless of Major?
The direct answer is yes. College is a scam when you are charged hundreds of thousands of dollars to effectively certify that you know something. The profiteering off of young people and their parents before they are even in a position to begin to pay back the debt they will accrue is a shakedown.

The problem is society has been structured in such a way to make having a career without a degree nearly impossible. So the scam will continue until people are willing to restructure society as the universities are not willing to stop raking in the money from people who fall into their trap.

Also, it is always interesting to hear people complain about the cost of going to a university and how it should be "free" (Paid by someone else) but many of those same people are the ones who constantly spew the usually leftist bullshit the typically left leaning professors at those overpriced university are teaching. Stop trying to get people to pay for your overpriced waste of time if all you are going to do it go to be brainwashed by the leftist professors only to return and spew leftist non-sense.

>Is College a Fucking Scam
The Kremlin would nothing more than to hoodwink the stupidest Americans from getting degrees that make us competitive in the marketplace.

Its never to late to be a plumber

>The Kremlin
Get a load of this shill. As the Communist supporting leftist professors indoctrinate Americas youth you blame not paying $100K+ to be brainwashed on the "The Kremlin". Take your meds.

yes retard why do you think arbitrary loans that barely pay for shit are artificially inflated
you knew it the whole time you just didn't want to confess to yourself that (((they))) were dicking you and you were just following your dream that they designed for you

shut your kike mouth bitch

lol

in my honest opinion, if you are just going to college to fuck off for four years then you're better off not going and joining the labor force.

college is for aspiring doctors, engineers, lawyers, economists, etc.

not businessmen or whatever the fuck a computer analyst is.

>computer analysis degree
What kind of retarded major is this?
>Is College a Fucking Scam Regardless of Major?
No, you just went to college and got a worthless degree

Law, medical, and engineering will always be college and will always be worth it.

What the fuck is "computer analysis"?

You have to be willing to move out of town, you need to go somewhere that has very few purple with you skills and become a productive member of society

NOT GETTING A 60K JOB OUT OF COLLEGE LUL

Yeah, it's a big scam. Glad I got out with only $7k debt before it grew... I have no college degree and make $16/hr, been doing that for the past 4 years. Sorry bud.

He didn’t learn coding. He wasted his time and mommies money entering bullshit data into excel. A+ Jonny

Not regardless of major. CompSci, Accounting, Finance, and some of the more specialized engineering fields can yield decent prospects.

itt: retard dropouts trying to cope by pretending college is worthless
>tfw i make more than most of you while living in a third world country

Go into radiology. jobs everywhere, easy program, 45k starting. easy job

I found a job in my field in my 3rd year of my bachelors degree, now I'm not sure if I should finish or not. It's probably a good idea to just go to school for what's useful and not what "makes the most money" aka what everyone else is flooding to.

Yes

I'm just going to get an AS in Criminal Justice and just go try to get back into the military. Fuck this shit

Attached: MatrixMachineWar2.jpg (640x284, 38K)

gtfo

Attached: BitchTheDoor.jpg (300x300, 16K)

Depends on what your major is, and to an extent, where you go. I got an accounting degree at a literal who university and had a job waiting for me well in advance of graduation paying 53k with less than 10k in debt. Not mindblowing numbers but when you compare it to the people who majored in things like Psych, History, English, Communication Studies, etc. I'd say it's a good start. Most of the people that follow the "do what you love" mantra don't have jobs. The capable people that major in finance, accounting, engineering, and CS all have jobs.

I'm sure I could make buttloads selling Hugo Boss WW2 uniforms and clothing/items/etc from NatSoc websites in stores in your area or in nearby countries

So you got the retard version of a CS degree, have no experience, and are bitching on an anime message board. /thread

You picked a shit major. I’ve been making over $100k/yr as a chemist for years, with only a BSc.

Wrong major, you should have studied Computer Science.

> computer analysis degree
What the fuck is that shit?
Just get a computer science or software engineering degree you faggot.
> Oh no I have to learn math and do work
Yeah you get rewarded for actually putting in work and companies like the degree because it symbolizes you being able to work hard and not being a retard, which English, etc. majors don't.

yes. this is how they're going to fk us all next.
youtube.com/watch?v=BHm2UJVCl2c

Stop this.

This Boomer mentality has lead us down the crapper so fast. It's not like OP didn't get a useless degree. Young people get told to go to college, get in a lot of debt under this idea that you can work your way into a position with a certain set of skills that can pay what you need to at least live and pay off said degree in some sort of reasonable amount of time. Sure people with meme degrees should be laughed out but people with education paying that much should be pipelined into some sort of employers looking for that skill set and should be able to negotiate a decent wage. Instead you get neither and colleges need to be held accountable with accreditation licenses.

Until that time I would never ever tell someone to go to college unless it is a very highly technical and specific degree that at least has the reputation of having some string at the end of the line you can grab on for post graduate employment.

The average persons leverage in society is a joke compared to the past and yet our economy is a fucking monster compared to what it was in the 60s. You can flood our society with shitskins to keep the population divided and unfocused on this issue but you can only say "fuck you I got mine" for so long before your outnumbered 100 to 1 and everyone has had enough of being a debt slave.

Attached: 1525564665152.jpg (846x1024, 80K)

>the school shooter squadron

Attached: 1545361809737.jpg (245x465, 47K)

Funny thing law is a terrible thing to go into as a lot of the mundane papwerwork processing stuff a book keeping lawyer would essentially do has been heavily automated and computerized. Only mega nepotistic Jews are allowed now.

The purpose of the Federal Reserve System was to make every citizen of the United States a slave to the British Crown and the Judeo-Freemasons.

Jesus whipped the bankers out of the temple for a reason.

Attached: rothschild.jpg (500x375, 60K)

btw is an accounting degree worth it? what do you faggots think

Yes. I have a degree in econ from a tier 1 school and noone will even give me a phone interview. It's only about who you know. If you're an antisocial dweeb, there is no hope period.

KEK

if you want to work as an accountant then yes.

if you are just a business student, you know ppl HIRE accounting firm to do the work right? ppl don't do the accounting themselves, because they don't have time.

law degreee is not that hot in American than other country, if you didn't go to a famous law school and having a old boy club membership

These. Op is regarded and didn’t get a real degree. Engineering or don’t go

Yes college is usually a scam. The truth is that if you’re worth training you schlorshiped or had an employer pay for it. Very few success stories come from the kids who had average grades in high school and had average grades in college and they took out a ton of loans to pay for it. It’s not a good mix. I mean if you’re in a lincense medical program you’re probably okay as long as you’re not paying for a trade school and are getting it through community college or or a university. I hate those small pop up colleges that aren’t usually even accredited. Most things stem are good except for when they start trying to lasso ‘social sciences’ majors under that umbrella term.

It is if you live in Canada

>I have a degree in econ from a tier 1 school and noone will even give me a phone interview.
You didn't learn any skills?

bruh im a math-phys major working for 13 an hour as a secretary.

Stats and R. Still noone cared.

>60k starting

You would only get that with a master's degree and that's still nowhere near guaranteed

It's not 1980 anymore, lol

You’re not doing it right. You gotta call yourself an expert in “AI and machine learning”

Start learning python and sql and then you can apply to data science internships/jobs

so your biggest dream is to work at a help desk? retard

Oh I know. My resume is all about how much pthon libraries and ML libraries I know. I way play up the little SQl and SCIKIT-Learn I used. Still nothing.

>economists
did you mean to burn lawyers by putting them together?

And I'd consider myself and expert in regression techniques legitimately. Noone cares enough to call.

>went to college
>didn't learn how to spell

sad!

Huh that’s weird

Then again, this is the trendy field that everyone’s applying to. Where you applying from? Keep trying. The real redpill on this thread is that finding jobs is hard. And it’s more networking/ who you know rather than your degree

Learn chemical engineering.
Synthesize drugs and explosives for high-paying clientele.

The top cs people are the ones who actually love computers. But yeah, the normies get jobs too

I'm in non LA socal rn, going to grad school for data science online at georgia tech.
Any tips for resume layout? I think mine is fine, but who knows.

Really all you need to do is copy and paste large sections of their job description/qualifications into your resume and fit it to your experience.
If the job description says:
>Analyze, maintain, and evaluate large databases for business unit
Your resume should that verbatim under skills. Modify your job descriptions to have 5-6 word snippets that match the job you're applying to.
Job description:
>Work with business unit to develop Python scripts for operations
Your resume:
>Develop python scripts for operations
Make it relevant, but don't be afraid to stretch a bit. HR Stacy's software will have your resume shoved to the front of all the Chads due to the high hit % and she'll refer it on to the hiring manager. Since the hiring manager more than likely knows what the job actually entails and not what HR Stacy typed up, you won't get called out for copying large sections of the description.
If they comment on the similarity, especially for a job like you're looking for, simply say you are quite familiar with computer analysis systems and know how to optimize system results to get what you want which would work well for the position. So long as you're not a sperg you can usually ace an interview. The hard part is the HR wall.

Lots of jobs but the work is mind numbing

No internship experience?

Unironically r/ datascience for resume advice you’ll get better answers there than here.

Are you already in grad school? If not I’d strongly advise you against it. You probably won’t learn much of anything useful. If you’re in Econ I imagine your stats are already above industry standard. I know an Econ major who went to data science after college. And LA is pretty destitute for datascience jobs. Apply to Austin, sf, or Chicago

how do you get internship experience?
t. third year econ student

Hmm, would it make any sense to post my resume pic with any identifying details redacted

Applied to plenty, no takers, even at non paying ones.

Heres how it works user

>You don't go to college or start your own business
>You live in a shit shack and struggle to keep the lights on.

>You go to college and get a decent degree
>You pay $60000-$100000 for tuition
>You live a life that is considered 'Average'

>Join the Army and get your GI bill

The system is set up to where like 75% of the roads to an average life go through expensive colleges. It's why so many people are bitching about the modern cost of living. You have to go above and beyond and sacrifice your first born to admissions to be 'Average'.

Attached: 1522620121133.jpg (961x816, 239K)

This.

You could also do research for someone in college in lieu of an internship for experience.

> computer analysis

Wtf is that? CS for dummies?

Architectural engineer here, PE. I did CE in college. It's only a scam if you dont do a good degree, and if you dont find a good company and make yourself useful and valuable.

Lol... No one hires gen Z. I work for an IT recruitment agency. We just bin their applications. We look at their year of graduation for their degrees and if its over 2013 we bin it.

Degrees after that point are generally worthless. Gen Z has no work ethic.

Attached: 1545234459387.jpg (960x960, 76K)

These posts make me lol. I offer $15/hour to untrained labor (residential wood framing) only requirements are you have to be in decent shape, have a vehicle, a license, and you can't be afraid of heights. I'm 25 and run my own business. And fuck boomers, I started doing this as kid during the recession and made $100 a week.

I'm probably illogical, but I'm basically convinced that because I'm a non poor white man noone will listen to me because I'm dirt to their diverse image.

If you feel like it, go ahead, but really I've done that strategy and get hits about 50% of the jobs I applied to. I've gone through the job search 3 times and only learned about this trick the last 2 times so I was really able to hone in on good jobs I wanted. Just use large snippets/phrases.

If you want to see what your resume is seen as by employers, use this link:
www[dot]jobscan[dot]co/
You get I think 5 uses before it Jews you for a signup fee. But it's good at visualizing what HR Stacy will see. Use it to your advantage to tailor your resume skills/prior exp. descriptions to the actual job posting.

The only way this strategy can run into issues is applying to jobs with a hard GPA cutoff. The HR software will cut you out without even looking at anything else if you're below the threshold.

Take those initial 13$ an hour positions, that'll be your foot in the door. From there you can network your way into a solid position. You have a degree dude, degrees are not worthless unless its in a retarded major.

Make sure you have a goal going into college. I majored in history, so i'm just grinding out another year and a half for that credential to be a teacher.

I dont think we can be too picky in regards to our first career positions. Gonna have to take what we can get in regards to teaching jobs/jobs in general. Ill probably be teaching in the more unpleasant parts of major cities.

In the US? Sure. Even your MD schools charge $50,000+ USD/a year.

For many US students, cost/benefit, its worth it to come to Poland, study medicine here for about $10,000 USD/year instead. It puts you into the residency Match category of US IMG and it means your choices of residency are limited to Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Pediatrics - but even so, cost to benefit, you're probably better off doing that than getting a quater mil + debt.

Nah. You’re just competing with thousands of applicants. You’re missing the personal touch. At the risk of sounding like a boomer networking and irl job fairs are usually the only ways to land a career.

I kinda want to know if its worthy being a history teacher or at least the degree?

Think this should work without doxing me

Attached: Capture.jpg (932x1075, 258K)

Ugh, I crashed a local university job fair. Talked to everyone I could there. Applied to all. Zero interviews.

Post a job description you want to apply to.

OP I'll admit that sucks. I'm not the best person to take advice from. Went to college for a year and saw the debt roll in, didn't like that times three more years. Went to a trade school to finish my meme certs for IT which kept student loans off my back for a while. Waited a year while making payments back to student loan, got a bank loan to pay off the student loan, next month filed chapter 7 bankruptcy. The worst thing to happen to me is my credit of course goes to shit. Other than that the banks get fucked and I'm debt free since the money was transfered to a different type of loan. Try to see what you can do within the system I guess.

i dropped out after this semester ended and am taking a job for $15/hr. starting. there’s no way that you have no other offers, you just gotta network yourself

What a loser. I graduated two weeks ago with a Forestry degree and I'm making $26.30 an hour for the first year then get bumped up to $65k a year + commission every year after.

>Your fault for not looking hard enough or creating your own business to make money

E.G.
Applied to this one. Even have a loose connect at the company I asked for them to consider it. Nothing.
jobs.disneycareers.com/job/burbank/animation-studios-data-platform-internship-summer-2019/391/10249696?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic

Wtf is a forest degree???

My wife has a bachelor's in business administration or some shit. She got a job making $20.20 an hour to start. She gets promoted January 2nd and will be getting ~$25 an hour having only been there 6 months. I know that's not a lot to most people, but in our neck of the woods that's decent money.

Always this fucking argument. YOU should have done X instead of Y! Meanwhile, most ppl who did Y are just as fucking broke or underpaid. Fuck this system.

>worthy being a history teacher or at least the degree

I think having a history degree is useful, and being a teacher is a very good job in California. You get every holiday off and summers of as a history teacher with full benefits. Not to mention a mention and tenure

>The best job I could find without moving out of state
That's your problem. A number of states just don't have tech jobs.

Like forests n sheit user

Yeah but I wanted to show the other side of history subtly so I doubt Cali would work out

That's actually good advice

I'm pretty much a tree doctor since arboriculture companies mostly have no idea what they're doing and suck ass so I get paid to come in and fix their mess

Wait wait wait I just thought of this.
Do you help trees get wood?

Attached: ILikeDis.gif (500x368, 286K)