How do i motivate myself to get hobbies/keep up w/ them

How do i motivate myself to get hobbies/keep up w/ them

Every time i think of reading or hiking or w/ it seems so dumb and i realize it will be the same as just masturbating or playing vidya, but those don't really give me much joy.

Should i just make a list and follow it down to the bottom?

Attached: 1491068590941.jpg (305x309, 13K)

Find a hobby you genuinely enjoy, rather than one you do for the sake of doing it.

>find a hobby you geineuily enjoy

Currently dont have one, have no way of figuring out what it is, and have no indication as to where it may be.

Im lost without a map.

bump

you gotta commit, man

To what? How do i gain/keep the motivation to stay commited?

I used to be very commited to art, i wanted to pursue it as a career. Decided it unrealistic and currently in the way of getting a more realistic career. Tried keeping it as a hobby but felt to pointless to do so, felt like i gave up on it.

Currently nothing gives me the feeling it did, tried rekindling it and it never works out.

Attached: 830fa34f1c5175056925398fc4afb1fb9ed5b8de830d2cc348508a3308641bb7.png (288x288, 4K)

Give different things a chance man. Enroll in hobby classes. You might make some friends there who will make it easier to keep attending.

Ballroom/salsa/west coast swing classes are a lot of fun and you get to meet cool people your age as long as you take it in the city/downtown core.

Yea but how do i know what i should give a chance?

For example, i don't think dancing classes would work because i dont like music so i can't really gain rhythm for something that i barely keep interest in.

Should i just force myself to dance or something?

Also im kinda poor, so something cheap/free would be gr8

Do things that involve being with others also doing it. The companionship will be part of the attraction

Any suggestions?

another bump

Seek to perfect all things. Be christ-like.

Also join a gym/martial arts

Been trying to go to the gym, but my lazy ass hates driving 20 minutes there

its good but it only lasts around an hour so doesn't occupy alot of time.

If it's a thing, try it. Yes, you should force yourself to dance. I've seen people with two left feet have a right and a left in like 1 year. You just gotta keep at it.

You just gotta force yourself to commit to something. At the very least, it's once a week. You can do it.

Join a team, join a club, join a gym, go hiking with others, do volunteer work, etc etc etc

I go to the gym, dont talk to anyone there so pretty antisocial

>club

What club? No interests so no clue there

>join a team

Team for what?

>hiking
Could work
>volunteer work
Too selfish to do that.

Attached: 1466462623705.gif (180x180, 124K)

I get what your saying, but what if i dont like it?

How much effort should i put into a hobby before im allowed to drop it?

A hobby should be fun, not be a responsibility.

Attached: 1464960757128.png (960x540, 436K)

one last final bump

Minimum of 4 classes.

Alright. I guess I can work with that

There's no shame in quitting something if you don't like it, but there is a lot of shame in quitting something before you even start.