Hello Jow Forums why don't you accept jesus christ as your lord and savior?

hello Jow Forums why don't you accept jesus christ as your lord and savior?

you should before the end times draw nearer, we need to turn to the light

Attached: download.jpg (194x260, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6MzcC-uc_fM
youtube.com/watch?v=QIPKBHqCz8M
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/inerrant
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

im just not religious i guess, never felt a need for it, i come from a christian family and i respect their beliefs though

Help. I have beem studying the KJV for a while now, chapter by chapter via audiobook going over it every night and putting the same chapter on until I memorize most of it.

I've just finished Acts, but I'm stuck! Every time I pray I feel like I'm roleplaying and fooling myself. God and Jesus are so active in the Bible, why are they so muted now?

>before the end times draw nearer
I was hoping we were closer than that already.

Why do you have a pic of Zarathustra, EL worshiper?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (401x612, 34K)

I lost interest when I found out the Catholic Church is never ending cycle of pedophiles.

Did Jesus promise that all priests would be good people who followed his law?

Bump

Praise Jesus.
Orthodox for life

Attached: 1536937826737.jpg (751x960, 118K)

There's no God friend. There's only a cult of pedophiles vying for power.

It's pretty strange that you would have interest in converting to Catholicism when you don't believe in God at all.

>you would have interest in converting to Catholicism
I was Catholic. Stopped going.

You stopped going because you were convinced of atheism?

You're not very good at reading. I'm just going to let you re-read my previous posts, and hope you understand what I'm saying.

You were convinced of atheism because there were pedophiles in the Church, and so apostatized?

Because Apollonius of Tyana, a pagan saint, had the same ammount of power and type of miracles and he never claimed to be a god, he was much humbler, so I can understand that for pagans, the type of miracles Jesus does, is a minor thing.

Yogis and buddhist have also very big control of healing and even resurrecting, so Jesus isn't that exclusive, seems like a possible thing for humans among pagans.

Why would I believe that faggot is a god? At best he's a self-aggrandized jew.

Or perhaps you left the Church because there were pedophiles, and then later you became an atheist.

CHRISTIANITY PROPAGANDA SHILL THREAD. Shills are trying to get the sheeps back into Christianity which is a hebrew cult used for mindcontrol. Being a christ creates a slave attitude in you so you will accept Communism. Don't be a christcuck.

DON'T GET SHILLED
>COME TO THE LIGHT
DON'T GET SHILLED
>COME TO THE LIGHT
DON'T GET SHILLED
>COME TO THE LIGHT
DON'T GET SHILLED
>COME TO THE LIGHT
DON'T GET SHILLED
>COME TO THE LIGHT
DON'T GET SHILLED
>COME TO THE LIGHT

>hello Jow Forums why don't you accept jesus christ as your lord and savior?
Because Jesus wasn't even a real person desu

>pic related

Attached: jesus.jpg (333x499, 28K)

Got a Dhouey-Rheims bible for Christmas, is it a good translation?

Also, I've heard you're supposed to read the new testament first, but shouldn't you read the old first to understand where the new testament is coming from?

please repent brother

>come to the light
>lucifer = light bringer
leave satan

jesus isnt real.

youtube.com/watch?v=6MzcC-uc_fM

When you pray there is a simple formula you can follow. Firstly start with thanking God for all he has given you and those around you . Make it broad and as you do so you will see how he is working throughout this world. Secondly ask for forgiveness for all those times you fall short and for the errors you make. Again as you go through this you'll remember the times when you knew you could have done better. lastly you'll come to pray and ask for what you need and just as importantly what others around you need and what this world needs. The steps of thankfulness to repentance and finally requesting God to work in your life. You'll find after the first two parts of done it will allow you to focus on what is needed. Less of worldly things and to an extent less for yourself but more for others and more how he can use you for his glory. God bless user.

Always looking to man and only finding his faults when looking for God. Never looking to God and finding the blessings he has given us all.

yeshua emmanuel is great
very thankful i'm saved i weep with joy daily

Attached: the-geno-hamitic-pandora-box.png (452x435, 142K)

>douay-rheims
>good translation

Only the 1611 KJV is the inspired and inerrant word of God.

There is more evidence than Jesus existed than anyone else in ancient history. You don't have to believe what he did or that the supernatural was involved but he did exist. Even the most educated and hardened do not argue whether he actually existed. If you stay intellectually consistent no one from ancient history by that measure existed.

>inerrant

Yeah, better go live in darkness right?
leave yahweh

Reminder

Attached: Dm-DB0tWsAADzR5-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 107K)

youtube.com/watch?v=QIPKBHqCz8M

>inerrant
inerrant adjective
in·er·rant | \(ˌ)i-ˈner-ənt\
Definition of inerrant : free from error

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/inerrant

Because Jesus is a low-tier mystic that meditated on life and found some basic truths. Only to be mixed up with unrelated stories and falsely deified by a bunch of jews. I still read it of course but there are far more interesting thinkers.

That's a truth claim you should really try to back up.

>this guy again (4th or 5th time I've seen you in 2 days)
At least form your own arguments if you really care about the truth, nobody is gonna read a book simply because someone on a Mongolian spearfishing forum recommends it.

>only the 1611
That's funny

Attached: image.jpg (220x293, 24K)

I have user.
He's been posting that in every thread that mentions Jesus for months now.

Yes, I found it funny that you considered the bible inerrant.

>more evidence than Jesus existed than anyone else in ancient history.
This too is pretty silly.
Not even Josephus mentioned him.
Just golly

Attached: image.jpg (600x927, 101K)

I really enjoy the KJV Ecclesiastes audiobook on youtube.

Why are you stuck on Acts fren? It is the building of the Church.

>There is more evidence than Jesus existed than anyone else in ancient history.
Apollonius of Tyana has more evidence of his life and miracles (which have nothing to envy of Jesus miracles) than Jesus, even tough the church pretty much burned down everything.

Attached: christianity is white.jpg (608x870, 305K)

As is a great deal of the world. Have you looked at western culture lately? The Catholic Church is probably the oldest institution on earth, it will have its ups and downs. This too shall pass. Satan is clever, his faggoty goal is to break the Church.

Friend, you can't find a more humbler man than Jesus Christ on his first coming into this world. He will not be humble when he returns.

Vada retro satana

There is only one gospel, one truth.
Just the NIV, for example, has removed over 64,000 words!!

Other versions also deny the deity of Jesus Christ!!

One book written approximately 100+ years after his death. Earliest dated copy in existence in which we derive history (out of the 17 in existence) comes from the 12th century. I don't think you have any understanding of the science called textual criticism but I urge you to look into it.

>hello Jow Forums why don't you accept jesus christ as your lord and savior?
because he doesn't rule over me and hasn't saved me.

I would suggest getting a good biblical timeline so you can understand where everything falls into place and also getting a study guide that will give you broad strokes. Start a little bit at a time. When you read, try to keep a few things in mind; 1. Is this telling me something about God the Father? God the Son? God the Holy Spirit? The Bible contains so much it is hard to jump in and just "understand" it. Also remember that there is no contradiction in the Bible.
I am not sure on that translation but honestly if its your first Bible just go with it for now.

He is ashamed (or a bot) of his deeds in this world. Pay him no heed.

I believe that you are both correct but I'd like to offer my opinion; the most historically correct compilation of manuscripts we have as Christians is Logos Bible Software. Now maybe it isn't a bible per say but it would be the most comprehensive study companion available. It links all the manuscripts by family groups and contains all available manuscripts. When a new one is found ( and they often are) it is added to the database.

To add I would love to see one of the early KJV with all the margin notes it had in it. fascinating to see how the translators researched the manuscripts that were available to them.

He rules over you whether you believe it or not. You are in open rebellion, you will bend the knee to the True King before this is all over.

Good advice.

I'd also add to read it whilst looking for certain topics. Marriage, family, money, war, etc. The bible will speak of all these things and much more but it is written everyone and for every life. Try to narrow what you are looking for and take some notes to discuss in fellowship.

The greatest gift God gave us was freewill. The ultimate expression of that is choose or not to choose him. You have that choice as we all do and you are more than welcome to deny him. I would only encourage you that there is a possibility that this is the most important thing in the universe, please spend some time on it.

>NIV removed 64,000 words
>[citation needed]
Where?
Be specific.

Attached: image.jpg (345x372, 22K)

Search the scriptures for yourself. All I can tell you is that by removing over 64,000 words, thats the equivalent of ripping out the books of Titus, James, Jude, Habakkuk, Lamentations, Song of Songs, Joel, Micah, Philemon, Amos, and many more.

>He's been posting that in every thread that mentions Jesus for months now.
And still not one of you can rebut it!

Well spoken. Freewill may seem like a burden now (at least i feel this way much of the time) but it was intended to teach us something about ourselves. I take comfort in the fact that eventually we who believe will all be perfect in Christ.

>unironically being a christian when it's obvious that christianity is jewish

>Search the scriptures for yourself
I have. Probably longer than you have been alive.
Translating a phrase using 8 words, when 6 will do is not removing words. The original language text (Hebrew, Greek, Aramaix) is still the same.

Golly. I really fucking hate this shit. God (i.e. the original human authors) DID NOT write in English
Also, it is the KJV that removed whole books from the Bible. You don't even have a 151st Psalm.

Just like the original canon developed after the council of Nicea, the Protestants chose which books to include and / or omit in the 1611 to meet their political imperatives.

You were lied to and have never taken textual criticism serious.

(Where's Tobit and Judith? I mean The Book of Enoch is still in the Coptic Christian canon.)

Argh.
Silly people

Attached: image.jpg (1024x995, 153K)

The reason for this is that christians, being the honest believers they were, burned every trace of every pagan saint, if they wouldn't have burned those books and accounts, no one would have wanted to be christian because they would have seen that Jesus was nothing special.

prove it
again, prove it. Last time I checked, free will came from a complex interaction of our neurons which came to be from many, many small mutations over billions of years.

Okay so what Bible do you use smarty pants?

If catholics are this clueless about the basics, its no wonder theyre caught up in
So much false doctrines...

I thought it would be neat to read the Christmas story directly from the Bible this year, but it turns out the entire thing is only ~15 lines long. What gives?

Because the Bible is so littered with historical inaccuracies there's no chance it could be the word of a god.

>The end times
We're all going to make it and it's gonna be cyber distopia forever you doomsday cult retard

Daily reminder that it does not matter what bible you read when it comes to salvation .

16This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. 17For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. 18But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. 19Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. 22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

25If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

The Bible proves it. I once thought this way too. The problem for you is that you outright dismiss it. The Bible will not speak to you while you are in this mental state.
I graduated with a BS in biological sciences, and I can tell you that no invention or understanding that we have of science even comes close to the work that is the Bible. Give it a chance, it won't you down.
P.S. it took me 15 years of atheistic view to come to where I am at.

This is Douay-Rheims Bible the other was kjv

>16I say then, walk in the spirit, and you shall not fulfil the lusts of the flesh. 17For the flesh lusteth against the spirit: and the spirit against the flesh; for these are contrary one to another: so that you do not the things that you would. 18But if you are led by the spirit, you are not under the law. 19Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are fornication, uncleanness, immodesty, luxury, 20Idolatry, witchcrafts, enmities, contentions, emulations, wraths, quarrels, dissensions, sects, 21Envies, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like. Of the which I foretell you, as I have foretold to you, that they who do such things shall not obtain the kingdom of God. 22But the fruit of the Spirit is, charity, joy, peace, patience, benignity, goodness, longanimity, 23Mildness, faith, modesty, continency, chastity. Against such there is no law. 24And they that are Christ's, have crucified their flesh, with the vices and concupiscences.

>25If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26Let us not be made desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying on another.

If a bible is speaking to you, your mental state is schizoprhenia.

What inaccuracies do you speak of?

Attached: Screenshot_20181226-041350~2.png (480x612, 538K)

Obviously doesn't speak to me in the way you describe. It answers deeply held questions that I have been pondering.

2 Kings 2
11 As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind. 12 Elisha saw this and cried out, “My father! My father! The chariots and horsemen of Israel!” And Elisha saw him no more. Then he took hold of his garment and tore it in two.

IF you believe this, or for Muslim the Mohammad was taken up to heaven in a chariot of fire, you are a fucking cowardly fool
If you don't believe you are a false believe of your faith
(see pic)

Attached: Gazoo.jpg (630x630, 68K)

What is this supposed to imply?

And then here the niv the most satanic according many bible believers

Life by the Spirit

>13You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh a ; rather, serve one another humbly in love. 14For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” b 15If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.

>16So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever c you want. 18But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

>19The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

What false doctrines are Catholics caught up in?

>It answers deeply held questions
Does it answer the deeply held question of why did christian burn every book out there that wasn't christian?

What I think this unclean spirit meant was that unless you were fluent in the ancient languages the original sacred word of God was written in, you may not get the true message as was meant?

Doesn't matter, get good with Christ, he's coming.

Don't just accept him. You gotta be good enough for bin to accept YOU

Don't be lukewarm

Attached: Screenshot_20181226-053714.png (480x854, 518K)

Our Bible's have more books in em

It does matter... because there is only one way to heaven and salvation...

Its by believing that Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God who died for our sins.

Nothing else. Not lordship salvation. Not water baptism. Not sacraments or confession, not Mary. Not the Pope. Not good works or traditions....but This is what the other per-versions have led people to believe!!!

I think you are exaggerating but I am sure it does. Also the question itself is somewhat loaded. Even if they did burn all the books, is that something against God or the institution of the Church that is filled with humans? Humans corrupt everything, and they will continue to do so until the end of time.
Sin is circular and it continues to intensify.
To your specific question, I do not have a command of the Bible to quote you the specifics of it.

>Its by believing that Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God who died for our sins.

No

>18Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. 19Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

True enough user. It is also important to remember that the Word has been written onto our hearts. Some may follow Jesus Christ without haven even read one page of the Bible.

Catholics:

Worship a sinner (mary)
Believe mary never died (assumption)
Transubstantiation
Rosary(idle words and vain repitition)
Confession (only jesus forgives sin)
Infant baptism
Sacraments (salvation is faith alone)
Idolatry (statues)

And Much more...

If you want the truth and really know God go to a red-hot, bible-believing, sin-hating baptist church.

Have you wondered why the people of the countries where these books weren't burned aren't so prone to convert?

Here are just a few.
>Mary and Joseph can't have gone to the Census of Quirinius during the reign of Herod the Great if he was dead for a decade prior
>Nebhuchadnezzar's son can't be Belshazzar if we know for a fact his father is Nabonidus, scholars regard this whole entry to be fiction
>Genesis can't be written prior 800BC if we know the Chaldean dynasty began in 626 BC
>We know there was no infanticide of Bethlehem if there are no records of such a thing happening IN THE ROMAN EMPIRE anywhere other than the Bible

But what doctrines specifically? What are these "added" books saying that is contrary to the other books of the Bible?

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves:it isthe gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9 (KJV)

>believing in a god who thought it would be a good idea to give some primitive desert tribe the truth and not revealing it to everyone

Christianity is a mystery cult that snowballed into a world wide religion. The only reason it is so widespread is due to the cult of Jesus Christ having what is essentially good marketing to other pagans of the time. Christianity was unique in that it claimed itself supreme, and did not allow its followers to participate in other cults (which was a popular means of finding out what each cult had to offer at the time). Christianity wasn't even a big deal for quite a long time after the death of Jesus, it was simply viewed as another mystery cult no different than the rest.

Christianity heavily, and by heavily I mean entirely, borrows concepts from platonic philosophy and incorporates it into the mysticism of the cult of Jesus Christ. St. Augustine is largely responsible for the fusing of Plato's metaphysics into what is now Christianity. Many would say the philosophy has parallels to Christianity, but the reality is that the philosophical infrastructure that supports Christian thought is ripped straight out of Plato, and more importantly, Plotinus' Enneads. However, Augustine's synthesis of Christian dogma with philosophical structure creates innumerable problems and hypocrisies.

Neo-platonist philosophy leads man to a logical, self-rationalizing,objective and hierarchical reality. Christianity leads to the same thing, except man is not allowed to rationalize this reality himself and every hypocrisy created by Christian orthodoxy must be explained through the presupposed power of their God, which cannot be given its powerful attributes or character without its presupposition. Christianity relies on orthodoxy, that being Plotinus' "mystical experience" that reveals truth, except instead of it revealing truth on an individual level it is incorporated into a list of "truths" the Church deems canon or not.

Christianity turns so many off due to its reliance on faith. Through all of my conversations with Christians, many who are closely involved in their churches leadership, they all find my desire to rationalize and criticize their religion to be sinful. It is against God's will to argue against God, and so I must not be allowed to think rationally and instead must shut up and "believe" in the orthodoxy of the Church.

The most ironic part of every conversation I have with Christians is the circular logic, hypocrisy, and fallacies they fall into knowingly. I was at dinner with my best friend, who simply could not understand that her beliefs were not rational and made no sense, and instead chose to repeatedly call me a sinner and state that I just couldn't understand until I decided to accept God's grace and have faith in him first, then ask questions later. Of course, this faith in god must come first in order for one to start the circular pattern of their logic. Accept god first, and then you have no rational foothold to stand upon and argue against Christian dogma. Of course this faith in God results in an inability to rationalize him, for you must toss away rationality before you begin your critique.

I'll end this by saying most Christians are blind to this reality, and I do not intend nor believe that it is wise to rip them away from this and show them the truth. They are good people, with good enough values and principles. They simply hold them for the wrong reasons. In this day in age, however, I'll take good Christian automatons over the nihilistic degenerates that surround us. Christians are a useful ally in the fight for what is good in the world, but they are wrong in the end.

You have this buzzwords and you pretend you know what they mean faith is a package deal.

Every Jew is saved who calls on yehovah?

King James Bible
Joel 2:32
>And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

>What false doctrines are Catholics caught up in?

>Baby sprinkling
>Celibate priesthood
>Calling priests "Father"
>Humans are descendants of monkeys
>The Earth is billions of years old
>Baptismal regeneration
>Extreme works salvation requiring a list of prerequisite sacraments, and abiding membership in the One True Church™
>The One True Church™
>Kneeling to statues
>Vain repetitions in prayer
>Confession box
>Immaculate Conception of Mary
>Mary is a "co-mediatrix" and can be prayed to for salvation
>The Papacy
>Papal Infallibility
>Wearing long robes and making conspicuous displays of "piety" in apparel
>Purgatory
>You can lose your salvation
>"Saints" are a special class of people
>Tradition defacto supercedes clear Scripture

Attached: If starfish were Catholic.png (500x696, 240K)

Christ himself was no huge miracle, the miracles he did, many pagan saints had done, so for a god, he was a miserable underpowered god, that's why the church burned down everything, they kinda preferred the populace to be ignorant of this facet of their saviour.

Catholics do not worship Mary, she is held in high regard in this story.
The rosary helps calm the mind. It would be a problem if this is all we did. It is a tool, and Catholics or you are not required by any means to use it.
Confession is required and your baptist church requires it as well if they are sola scriptura. It is specifically commanded to confess to one another your sins. The Sacrament is a way to do this.
The Sacraments are a visual aid for us humans because we rely on "sight" so much.
Statutes that are praising God are idolotrous? If that is so, then God himself was committing idolatry when giving the layout of his earthly temple. This is of course ludicrous. If you have a cursory understanding of the Bible then you know God wishes to be glorified, one way (and obviously not the only way) is to sacrifice resources to make this world look awe inspiring.

I pray for the unification of the Church. We truly do have a great deal in common, there is just miscommunication I think.

>which Bible
That depends.
If I need accurate English Text, I use the NIV.
If I am reading for enjoyment, I use the KJV.
When I want to read the "extra Catholic Books" I use the NAB.
When I want to listen to the Bible I use the CPDV.
I have also been known to listen to the Vulgate (though I don't go to Latin Mass). It's a guilty pleasure.
And, when necessary to have an intelligent discussion with a Jehovah's Witness, I use the NWT (3rd Ed.)
There must be at least a half dozen more English versions around the house.

& oh. The Mormon KJV adds some Joseph Smith translations. I don't remember the differences, but I don't find these acceptable.

And on occasion I will use the Tanakh for comparison of Modern OT Translation from a Jewish perspective.

Attached: image.png (646x652, 501K)

James 2 is about justification before men but hey if you want to take one passage and rip out 100 others that teach the exact opposite, I'm sure God will let you into heaven because a pedophile sprinkled water on your head as an infant.

No its works and faith a package deal

Revelation 12:17 | View whole chapter | See verse in context
And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 14:12 | View whole chapter | See verse in context
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 22:14 | View whole chapter | See verse in context
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

>They simply hold them for the wrong reasons. In this day in age, however, I'll take good Christian automatons over the nihilistic degenerates that surround us. Christians are a useful ally in the fight for what is good in the world, but they are wrong in the end

They'll hang you too, because you dare to think.