FUCKING TRUMP CAUSING 68,000 SEARS EMPLOYEES TO LOSE THEIR JOBS!!!!

>Sears may be down to its last 24 hours. Iconic retailer likely liquidates if no bid comes in tomorrow.

Attached: 1519932248016.png (349x144, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EkbieS8CEJY
youtube.com/watch?v=GibiNy4d4gc
youtube.com/watch?v=W6yA7r6WfJo&t
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=61&v=C6sFP_7Vezg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

good riddance

never heard of them. does this matter and if so why?

> another american supermarket goes down

And no one gives a shit

A retailer that has been slowly dying for 8 years or so.
Also Kmart

>supermarket
stupid shitskin

DDDDDDDDDDDDRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Sears has been dying since the Bush admin you fuckin retard.

Sears used to be known for its quality but now sells cheap Chinese shit... we can buy that anywhere

Duck frump.

Actually Sears has been shit since mid 90s

Bring back Mervyns

>8 years or so.

Closer to twenty. For those unfamiliar, they were notorious for being anchor stores at shopping malls.

Everybody laughing at Jeff Bezos getting a monopoly. Shame.

Sears has been dying for 20 fucking years you ignorant piece of shit.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

GOOOOD

FUCK YOU MOTHERFUCKER

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Attached: 1540019307404.jpg (550x310, 111K)

Those 68,000 people are fucking retards for taking a job offer from Sears over any other far more stable retailer

>Flumble Frumpf
>not 40 years of absolutely terrible management decisions
>30 years of failing to adapt to changing markets
>20 years of treating the internet as an afterthought while getting annihilated by internet based competition
>Droogle Dump

>muh Craftsman tools

i thought they closed it last year?

Sears died when it sold out to its "softer side" you assclown. No one wants to goto Sears for Craftsman wrenches AND a new blanket for the guest bedroom, and to make room for the blankets there's less room for the good stuff so it's a waste of time for everyone.

I don't know who that guy is.

Since Kmart owns Sears will this take them out as well or are they selling Sears in an attempt to save that part of the company?

Attached: 1530066098469.png (437x448, 169K)

FUCKING DISGUSTING. This moron of a president is literally banning and removing journalists from their "1st amendment right" to free press and now hes actually forcing businesses to close? this is the DEFINITION of OPPRESSION

get a job you damn unemployment leaches!

remember when every shopping mall was like this.
every day.
youtu.be/EkbieS8CEJY

>Supermarket
Sears was a cultural touchstone of the expanding American culture of industry. It dying out is truly a sign of the times. If your family is from America and white, your grandpa probably has this toolbox somewhere in his garage.

Attached: Vintage-CRAFTSMAN-TOOLBOX-with-TRAY-1940s-50s-Handyman.jpg (400x212, 22K)

Kinda ironic when you consider they were essentially the 19th century snail mail version of Amazon and now they're going out of busness because they didn't keep up with the times.

Should Trump have bailed them out for being a failed business?

My local Sears has been nothing more than an entrance into the mall for about a decade.

Sears used to be one of the most popular stores in the US. They used to sell the materials to build your own house, my grandfather did this in the early 70s.
Nowadays all Sears sells is tools, BBQ pits, lawn mowers, camping gear, and things of that nature.

This
Our Kenmore refrigerators are a fucking disgrace ever since we outsourced them and threw our logo on it
Damn fucking shame and embarrassing to service them too

Attached: the-goyim-know-shut-it-down-jew-walkie-talkie.jpg (408x632, 32K)

Whoa! Does Kmart still exist?

You're right it's Trump's fault, not Amazon's.

TIL: Sears is still around.

They started out as a catalog and I believe they didn't have stores at first kinda like Cabelas.

How in today's time, can an ONLINE store go bankrupt.

I will tell you how. first they tried to keep physical stores open and compete with walmart. dumb.
Then then outsourced their online part, to the Philippians and for the first time ever. Their online ordering sucked ass. I know. I used to use sears because my relatives all live in the US and canada. So it was easy to send christmas gifts by sears.
And once they outsourced, it took me 3 fucked up gifts from christmas to say, no more.
(after 20 years of ordering with sears!)

THAT is why they fail.

this is stupid, i wouldn't blame obama for a business shutting down during his presidency unless he'd personally gone and burned the place down himself.

the government can influence the economy but it can't micromanage every nook and cranny.

>oh no, if only they hadn't been held responsible for decades of terrible business decisions
It's like you people hate capitalism

Sears was going south long before Trump took office. Since the early 2000's I believe.

clinton, really.
thanks nafta!

Walmart is taking over the building where I live, we had a target but they screwed up from the beginning

Kek. This has nothing on the millions of jobs progressives have stolen over the years.

>be steel mill/coke plant in nearby town
>employs a few thousand but literally floats the whole town's economy
>violates a few EPA regulations a decade ago
>heavily fined
>back to business as usual
>go back to the same tricks
>get caught again
>local EPA goes batshit on the wings of local progressives
>no more fines
>no temporary shutdown
>no forced sell-off
>they demand the plant shut down
>plant forced to close permenantly overnight

The reports were that a few hundred were losing their jobs, but that didnt account for the hundreds of skilled laborers who were forced to take massive pay cuts at other plants. I remember random 20-something enviromental protestors being interviewed on the radio the next morning like they didnt just hundreds of middle class family's lives. I've never been so mad on my drive to work, which is saying a lot.

Lmao Lowes is selling Craftsman now, Sears doesn't have shit going for them anymore.

The Cheeto is 100% responsible. Impeach and remove.

Here, not in the US.

Up until 2010 Craftsman had the best tools. Now they're made in China and as expected, the quality really took a loss.

>Mismanaged retail business dies
youtube.com/watch?v=GibiNy4d4gc

When I got this place 7 years ago my folks gave me their 30 year old Kenmore washing machine and dryer as a house warming gift and an excuse to "upgrade".

Their new Maytags have both broken down, and the washing machine had so many problems its first year it was replaced with another brand new model under a lemon law.

>Retailer doesn't position itself correctly in the market place
>Retailer goes broke
>Trump's fault that people are incompetent

Why didn't Trump overtake Sears and manage it?

Attached: trumpgirlgolfcart.jpg (892x1061, 114K)

Attached: 031017-Sears-Income-ONLINE.V2.png (600x532, 99K)

and wto/china.

BOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

Boomers die. Sears dies. It's as simple as that.

put on your Sundays best, kids, we're going to Sears

They were the Amazon of the late 19th century. Any farmer in Podunk, Iowa could find what he wanted in their catalog, walk down to the local post office, fire off a letter and money order then wait for the train to deliver his tractor, wagon, tools, clothes, whatever. Classic management myopia that they missed the Internet revolution. They should be Amazon today if they honored their roots and adapted. Instead, the only thing that doesn't suck at Sears is their vacuum cleaners.

Attached: C463CF55-3EC9-43FC-BC2C-EDE5135DB47E.jpg (1469x1752, 1.02M)

>blaming Sears and Kmart's downfall on Trump
When you spend 25 years not updating to fit the changing markets, your business is going to suffer. This is the tail end of a nose dive that began in the 90s.

ov vey, no one wants to be cain anymore.

Attached: toil is for cain.jpg (759x647, 330K)

That's like saying blacks run down neighborhoods....oh wait, they do.

>>>/reddit/

>cultural touchstone
Kys you filthy mutt! Here pic related

Attached: 1539394654531.png (1920x1080, 310K)

This. Sears has been saying this forever.

its ienvitable. The future is basically Walmart and Amazon controlling 99% of commerce for physical goods. Then Google/Microsoft/and Silicon Valley controlling 99% of digital goods and services. The time of competition and free markets are over, and we sink further into corporatism and monopoly.

Greedy dumbshits running the place should have cleaned up their act instead of trying to hide it again so they can buy another yacht and making themselves and everyone they employ targets for overzealous nutjobs. Dumbass hippies can't do anything to you if you aren't breaking any laws.

At one time you could buy a set of craftsman tools to put together a sears house kit, along with a 12ga to protect it. All US made and lots of it still around being used.

>68,000 SEARS EMPLOYEES TO LOSE THEIR JOBS!!!!
I worked for them in the late 90s. I am surprised it has taken this long.

They didn't. In fact the catalog division was the only profitable section in the 90s but the Executives for whatever reason mostly got pipelined from the Mall/Stores division and were fucking salty they were bleeding out and axed the catalog out of fucking spite.

He died almost 50 years ago, it's in my garage now.

Sears lost the Craftsman exclusive. Pretty sure their at Lowes now.

this is now a comfy closed mall/store thread

youtube.com/watch?v=W6yA7r6WfJo&t

Attached: 1513537304553.jpg (441x594, 19K)

where do you work now? amazon?

Went to Sears to get a drain valve for my craftsman air compressor. Retard showed me some kit with with hoses and hose attachments then walked away, so I went to Tractor Supply and found what I was looking for in less than 2 minutes.
That was and will be my only experience with Sears. Good riddance.

Attached: 1f4c884d4b1f11feb6b754de274c9616d85be72ef3b3cbbbbac950b08a94983f.jpg (630x640, 36K)

Cool

>didn’t pivot to the internet era
Amazon took their place.

I work at Sears corporate headquarters ama

Its actually lower quality than cheap chinese shit, and you pay a premium for the "brand name".

Millennials don't go to Sears stop blaming every thing on Trump

Literally a boomer era store

The problem is Eddie Lampert is a literal vulture capitalist who has spent years intentionally doing everything he can to bleed Seard dry so he can collect the last penny possible. But even with a benevolent CEO it'd still be a difficult endeavor.

Right? You'd have thought that the company that built itself on mail order would be primed (sorry) to take advantage of the internet and do it there, too.

Yeah no shit but regardless the solution shouldnt have been wrecking a few thousand lives a month before christmas

>not anymore

Did the dumbshit that decided to make everything litterally non functionally cheap and charge a horrific premium price for the worthless shit get a raise or fired?

Because your corporate culture was obvioulsy fubard

????
Sears has been in the shitter for years. They closed all of their stores in my city like in the middle of the Obama administration. Your bait is either shit or you're really grasping for straws OP.

Attached: 1544753250136.gif (200x293, 1.75M)

Yea. They were a catalog company. They should have had that catalog online in 99.

>1 post by this angry kike.

Attached: 1405156084646.png (425x481, 171K)

Hahha shill

SEARS has been dying since last summer dipshit. I made a grand from shorts last year, only stock trading I've ever done. Bailed out and covered my gas and lunch for a whole semester.

Nah man it's kind of sad. Apparently you used to be able to buy tommy guns in their catalog. Now it will be into our brave new world with Wal Mart.

I love Dead Malls, most A E S T H E T I C thing on Jewtube.

Also, too bad for Sears. They had cheap suits and formal wear if you're a wagie, good place to get office clothes that last more than 3 months.

That being said, I'm glad HBC is still thriving and that a LEAF company continues to be the most successful, continuously operating company in North America.

Attached: hbc.jpg (410x300, 57K)

It was the Walmart for Baby Boomers, only without the food. Had virtually everything you could buy. It existed long before the Baby Boomers did but it's going to die with them. Watch out for articles reading 'Millennials killed Sears' in the near future once Sears is gone.

Yeah this can’t be AMAZON’s fault- which trump has spoke against. It’s all trumps fauly- bezos accepted money to produce fake news for WaPo. WE SEE YOU JEWS

when businesses die, their carcass allows a new ecosystem. just look at what happens when a tree falls in the forest and all the crap that develops around it over the years

or a rabbit if youd prefer: youtube.com/watch?time_continue=61&v=C6sFP_7Vezg

>where do you work now? amazon?
I am a plumber & pipefitter who works heavy industry. If I work for amazon at one of their supply hubs, I would be installing the boiler and/or gas & fuel lines, but I doubt they would hire union labor.

I lol'd.

>that a LEAF company continues to be the most successful
HBC is beating Amazon & Walmart? That's news to me

>plebbit
You BasedbOooiZ stand out like a sore thumb. GTFO my board!

Attached: 1541641876297.jpg (556x426, 102K)

Only people in sears are fucking Mexicans. Why would I go?

Ford killed Studebaker
HP killed Kodak
Amazon killed Sears

Life goes on.

Attached: 88E7469E-55C4-4356-AC40-3F855476D3B2.jpg (400x217, 62K)

Malls were always kind of far away cause I lived in the sticks so it was always a treat going to them but now they're just trash with garbage mongoloids in them I could care less if they all die out

>I'm an enormous faggot, AMA!

They are fighting for their bonuses and the division I'm in, the only profitable portion of the company, can't get raises. Shits fucked over there. I came in and they modeled things I was doing naturally to streamline efficiency and bring back some good will after years of destroying creditability to their home services division. Now they're all going down it seems

>Apparently you used to be able to buy tommy guns in their catalog.
Unless you're Methuselah that stopped being a thing long before you were born. Sears has been worthless for ages. Let it die.