American's Dealiest Fire

What caused so many fires around Lake Michigan on the night of October 10 1871?

Attached: 7105391.jpg (250x252, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

io9.gizmodo.com/5897629/october-8-1871-the-night-america-burned
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Chicago_Fire#Related_events
youtube.com/watch?v=1TCIHM6C7-k
youtube.com/watch?v=0tfO5chz990
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That same night is mostly remembered in history as the Great Chicago fire.

Wisconsin had the Peshtigo fire that killed as many as 2500 people.

In Michigan fires burned in Holland as well as areas between Manistee and lake Huron.

Attached: Chicago-fire2.jpg (432x420, 57K)

Ufo broke up in the atmosphere and came down in pieces. Government sent cavalry to collect the pieces, which have been hidden ever since.

This was the cover-up to hide the UFO crash.

>cavalry to collect the pieces
I read that they were placed in a wooden barrel and stored in mine shaft 51.

Attached: English-Wooden-Rustic-Barrel.jpg (768x767, 66K)

Comet Biela was observed around the same time. It was notable for already having been broken apart.

Attached: 800px-CometBiela.jpg (800x377, 69K)

More info. Born raised in mi and haven’t heard of this! Links

io9.gizmodo.com/5897629/october-8-1871-the-night-america-burned

Jews

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Chicago_Fire#Related_events

youtube.com/watch?v=1TCIHM6C7-k

Attached: 8762743.jpg (250x161, 39K)

Attached: B37D1C47-CEC3-4110-AA2D-7CBFD834BD9B.jpg (215x246, 12K)

Professional Michigan Forester here. Drought, overstocking of forests, and wind is why it was so big and deadly. People back then where fucking stupid managing forested lands.

I remember that shit, I was just getting out of the shower and my mom yelled at me to turn on the news. I said “what channel?” She said “any channel!” Sure as shit, the fire was engulfing the whole state.

Guess the name of the Mayor of Chicago at that time.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-27_19-48-22.png (251x81, 7K)

-1 stability fml

>managing forested lands.
Yeah man has to manage the forest.

Meteor Shower in France about a month later though.

Attached: Andromedid_meteors,_November_1872.jpg (525x396, 48K)

Yeah they had about the same level of forest management education as modern day californians

Survivors of the Peshtigo fire reported "fire balloons" drifting down to the ground and igniting everything around them.

Attached: 6869742_orig.jpg (360x556, 135K)

SWFL every year. Controlled burning and Out of control burning every year!

youtube.com/watch?v=0tfO5chz990

this song came about due to this fire..

>Thinking you actually know stuff that you have no knowledge or education about but have the confidence to say something because "muh feelings of man and nature"

Go back to community college

Nailed it

>October
lakefront wind. Sort of like Californias santa anna winds.

Wat?

The reason California is so fucked is because Smokey the bear was too successful and immediate fire suppression turned out to be a terrible thing. Some species need fire to regenerate and with strict fire suppression forestlands get way too overstocked with timber and pair that with drought and insect problems and you have the American west. Not a cheap or easy problem to fix.

So, they flew here from a galaxy far, far away but then crashed when it got here. Yeah, or it could be from an Asteroid

I believe a fire balloon report came from the Catholic priest in a letter he wrote. There were other anecdotal reports of the same phenomena from survivors in interviews for years after.

>no forest management
>someone is putting out too many fires
Pick one college boy.

While we are in this thread, look at the board!!!! What the fuck?!!! Shilling all hands on deck!, and destroying to slide some pedo stuff uncovered linking corsi and others all the way up! Happened the last night too. 10 min and poof!, Media Matters Share Blue cia niggers!

who the fuck says college boy anymore? everyone gets scammed into going to college. is it the new hipster thing to be proud to weld mufflers

Strict fire suppression was just the wrong management policy. Balanced fire and keeping healthy amounts of forest stocking is necessary for the forest ecosystem and regeneration. Read a book.

Roswell, NM
>Van C. Smith, a businessman from Omaha, Nebraska, and his partner, Aaron Wilburn, constructed two adobe buildings in 1869 that began what is now Roswell. The two buildings became the settlement's general store, post office, and sleeping quarters for paying guests. In 1871, Smith filed a claim with the federal government for the land around the buildings, and on August 20, 1873, he became the town's first postmaster. Smith was the son of Roswell Smith, a prominent lawyer in Lafayette, Indiana, and Annie Ellsworth, daughter of U.S. Patent Commissioner Henry Leavitt Ellsworth. He called the town Roswell, after his father's first name.
Roswell was unironically started in 1871 by the grandson of the The US Patent Commissioner. The Roswell crash happened because that's where the Michigan crash fragments were moved to be stored, decades earlier, deep underground. The Patent Commissioner's grandson's town in the middle of the fucking desert.

Dumb micks leaving their lanterns unattended

I like it.

Canadians.

Ever heard of this before?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-27_20-16-55.png (807x79, 11K)

Yea. Your point?

It's just interesting is all.

Deforestation is poor management. As we learn more about the world and interactions we shape our policy and decisions. Stuff like that is much more complex than I could explain in a thread. It takes a lot of context and study to show how it has many consequences

Same day.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-27_20-44-50.png (811x266, 42K)