Does psychology and psychiatry have any use at all or is it just a means to control people and force them to conform to...

Does psychology and psychiatry have any use at all or is it just a means to control people and force them to conform to society? It seems like most experiments and theories aren't repeatable or falsifiable. Most drugs seem to have worse side effects than the problems they're are supposed to fix. I get that some people are legitimately broken and need help, but it seems like psychology and psychiatry aren't helping people, they're just turning people into zombies and possibly creating school shooters.

Attached: Freud.jpg (1412x2000, 642K)

Other urls found in this thread:

psychclassics.yorku.ca/Szasz/myth.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It gives jews an excuse to drug us and experiment on us doing unspeaking acts while the general public ignores it.

good thread

When you don't have any real friends people have to go to them to have someone to talk to. Kind of like prostitution but for feelings.

I'd rather talk to people online than to some stranger who will judge me based on some books that well fed to his mind

Psychiatry is actually great in theory.

In practice, it's just a bunch of guys in white coats prescribing you medication and nothing else.

psychclassics.yorku.ca/Szasz/myth.htm

read this OP

This.

It doesn't have a proper theory, dumbass. It is as scientific as your local drug dealer.

know thyself

the knowledge is there you just to scared and untrusting of "jewish magic" to engage with the stuff.

if you dont know how they can manipulate you, you will forever be subject to them.

while there are many better honest reasons to engage with the subject and study it. if you dont want to read it for yourself. you should still understand "the enemy playbook"

also i think william james wrote first text on psychology and psychometrics. i dont think he was jewish. but even then before psycho analysis , James had to teach his subjects how to be "ideal participants" which works the same way as increasing your self awareness.

however, if you lookin to make big bucks with a degree, i strongly urge you to consider another major. probably marketing and communications.

It’s miles of subterranean bullshit anchored to reality by a shallow tendril of truth. The soft science acedemics are delusional.

I always found psychology interesting but its developed an almost religious following. To the point where its become rigid and inflexible current change.

We still teach a century old theories like its completely factual and will never change. And the field is no evolving. It is just using pharmaceuticals to cement theories and social norms.

cognitive behavior therapy is useful for growing. also useful for dealing with women

Sometimes getting right meds could make a difference between chance of more or less successful therapy and suicide. All meds have side effects but if you get malaria you rather take meds and deal with side effects than die a horrible death right? Psychiatry is a science based on hard medical knowledge and experience. It's not always right like any side of medicine of course. Therapists too can be better and worse I guess but both Psychiatry and Psychology work usually together. I don't know how it works in US, in Poland your psychiatrist is not suppose to be also your therapist so he onle deal you drugs, but you talk more to a therapist, who can't prescribe any meds thought.

Like a lot of sciences it has some truth to it, but that truth has been distorted to the point where it is harmful to society. Like you mentioned the amount of published research that is completely false and is just fodder to (((prove))) illnesses, possibly causing the over prescription of drugs to children for acting too energetic is probably the most disturbing part of it all. Drugs which have harmful effects on hormones (eg cortisol) and growth in kids.

Attached: carl-jung.jpg (300x300, 11K)

pic related's still cool af tho.

They treat kids with autism by giving them methamphetamine. Once you realize that most humans are either tards or just going along with the norms the easier it will be to not get frustrated all the time(the worst part about coming to Jow Forums)

>They treat kids with autism by giving them methamphetamine.

What the fuck are you talking about. Autistic people are more prone to methamphetamine addiction. And there is a good chance methamphetamine use in parents is linked to causing autism.

It is true. They give it to kids because autists need to "focus"

>psychiatry is not scientific
Jungle education everybody

>or is it just a means to control people and force them to conform to society?

You don't need to force people to do that, people are naturally mindless conforming robots. Just look at Jow Forums and Reddit, or YouTube, or literally ANY of the thousands and thousands of mainstream narratives, and some ''memes''. People just conform like mindless drones. Nobody even begins to ask -- ''is this real??''. No, unless you are personally involved in anyway, you don't give a shit. Just mindlessly conform.

you cant fix the mentally ill
destroy the mental institutions

Attached: Quotation-Albert-Camus-Nobody-realizes-that-some-people-expend-tremendous-energy-merely-to-4-66-00.j (1200x640, 104K)

This. Pic related

Attached: Lancet science studies untrue.jpg (1920x3024, 1.82M)

i have a degree in psychology and i work at burger king flipping burgers.

I'm still smarter than most people i know i can psychoanalyze them in seconds and i find their insecurities. lol
people are so fucking stupid