Catholic Thread

Just came back from Sunday Mass at a pretty trad parish near me.

In commemoration of the feast day of the Holy Family, the priest sermonized on the decline of the family in the modern world.

>rejected homosexual adoption
>attacked no-fault divorce
>criticized a burdensome tax system that forces both parents to work instead of allowing stay-at-home mothers.

Why aren't you Catholic yet, Jow Forums?

Attached: feast-of-holy-family.jpg (381x440, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_of_Florence
youtube.com/watch?v=d07mgLoOW8g
youtube.com/watch?v=L14UNjaZJm8
youtube.com/watch?v=6KV6PXSODgE
catholic-link.org/quotes/st-justin-martyr-121-a-d-teachings-about-hell/
mostholyfamilymonastery.com/mp3/The_Bible_on_Praying_to_Saints.mp3
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus
youtube.com/watch?v=gFdujLSVL5Y
scripturecatholic.com/justification/
youtu.be/eek9GtSJHX8
newsweek.com/priests-commit-no-more-abuse-other-males-70625
reformation.com/
sensusfidelium.us/freemasonry-communism-homosexuality-the-infiltration-of-the-church-the-holy-face/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You will never be based and redpilled. You are a filthy p*pist who needs the axe.

Attached: 62E73113-A1ED-48E0-A9D2-A3CE5EA1C518.jpg (975x600, 109K)

How many children did your pastor rape today OP?

Based

Jesus wasn't even a real person, you choirboy molesters

>pic related

Attached: jesus.jpg (333x499, 28K)

t.Proddycucks who interpret the bible without any knowledge

Why are we not Catholic?
Because the Orthodox Church is the one True Church.

Attached: Russia-Orthodox-church.jpg (968x681, 135K)

muh based Orthocux XDD

Based i thought all you westerners were hopeless

My good sir, I implore you to reconsider... eghm.. fuck you catholics pedos, come to the orthodox church and clean your soul like a real child of God.

Attached: 1544299975849.jpg (1027x1024, 90K)

c*Tholics aren't Christian

Attached: John Paul 2 Quaran Kisser.jpg (276x183, 8K)

No

46 Beware of the scribes, which desire to walk in long robes, and love greetings in the markets, and the highest seats in the synagogues, and the chief rooms at feasts;

47 Which devour widows' houses, and for a shew make long prayers: the same shall receive greater damnation.

And he said unto them in his doctrine, Beware of the scribes, which love to go in long clothing, and love salutations in the marketplaces,

Fuck your church, catholicuck.
Mary is a whore and jesus is a kike.

I came here to spit on the gays cause the patriarch of constantinople asked us to do so

Attached: 1545961087500s.jpg (125x105, 2K)

>read 400 pages of crap then you'll understand fellow goy.. ehm.. man

>>read 400 pages of crap then you'll understand fellow goy.. ehm.. man
Yeah, I understand user. Reading is really REALLY hard, isn't it

Okay real talk

Does attending SSPX masses fulfil your Sunday Obligation or not

Serious question, I know they're allowed to do confession and weddings with papal approval anyway

Pic unrelated, but they're good boots

Attached: 91969rQS5iL._UX395_.jpg (395x372, 21K)

>Does attending SSPX masses fulfil your Sunday Obligation or not
It does.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_of_Florence

Your religious leaders accepted to be part of the holy roman catholic church but you fell to political pressures from the rus and the turks
Let that sink in

oi veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

Also it says in his wiki article he's in an open relationship getting cucked by his wife. God really is just.

Attached: HH161.jpg (300x300, 15K)

That's not the point
Jesus is most documented person ever in history from christian and non christian historian since little time from his crucifixion
A book from a single man isn't going to overturn hundreds of years of evidence

Yes, according to the Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei.

t. ex-trad

even if jesus existed he was just a crazy kike or a charlatan.

That's the same council which affirmed conciliarism, ie denying papal supremacy in favour of episcopal collegiality, which is basically the Orthodox doctrine — a huge quandary for Catholic historians after Vatican I. Didn't resolve the Filioque question, though.

>Jesus is most documented person ever in history THIS IS WHAT CHRISTIANS ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS IS WHAT CHRISTIANS ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS IS WHAT CHRISTIANS ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS IS WHAT CHRISTIANS ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS IS WHAT CHRISTIANS ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS IS WHAT CHRISTIANS ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS IS WHAT CHRISTIANS ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS IS WHAT CHRISTIANS ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS IS WHAT CHRISTIANS ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS IS WHAT CHRISTIANS ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS IS WHAT CHRISTIANS ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS IS WHAT CHRISTIANS ACTUALLY BELIEVE

He was surely crazy for worldly men standards
But no, in the end he's reliable

Why ex

No, that's what scholar results indicate
Atheist argument is just a speculation on probability

>No, that's what scholar results indicate
Unfortunately all of your "evidence" is from the late second century, or even later that.

It's all worthless.

Attached: 1491545582983.png (477x606, 210K)

Mary was not a virgin forever.

Of course she was virgin when she gave birth to Jesus, but the Bible clearly says that she and Joseph slept with eachother after. Why do Catholics teach against such clear teaching?

Matthew 1:25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus.
>knew her not till
>firstborn

Now a verse catholics bring up is "2 Samuel 6:23 Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death." and say if Mattew is saying he would have slept with her because it says "till" rhen that would mean Mical had a child after she died. But it says "day of her death" not just "her death". She could have had a child then died later that day. Also it probably means she didn't have any children since it doesn't say "until" and most versions say the same thing or say she never had any children.

Attached: 40354031-58DC-4EC8-A317-78532D44DD2D.gif (500x500, 220K)

Attached: christians hate pol and racism.png (1860x618, 226K)

Read an article which got me doubting papal infallibility, came to the conclusion that papal infallibility was doctrinally and historically inconsistent, and once I had lost one article of faith the corrosive effect of doubt took hold until it had reduced my faith to nought.

No, there are sources from the first century

>Mary was not a virgin forever.
The bible doesn't say Mary was a virgin, you idiot. At least not in the original Greek text.

>No, there are sources from the first century
Name them

Attached: 8f708d652e49e0d96669ea65a0fcf8fb3995b812d7eaaaa493aab734d3e8aa2e.jpg (632x1037, 173K)

Attached: 15c0480e00f09f92848fa5879bc9319071657b08e3c3890d42302eef1b8c6658.png (1806x1252, 125K)

Based and Christpilled.
>Why aren't you Catholic yet, Jow Forums?
im a orthodox, but I love my catholic brothers and sisters. God bless

Attached: the-orthodox-church-stays-in-the-dark-ages-by-leonid-15992370.png (500x375, 123K)

Attached: 8f36b14c792e26636be11e994dfe0367f9b0a4b9ee5b3a71eabcf49af1b9a855.jpg (2036x3044, 642K)

youtube.com/watch?v=d07mgLoOW8g
Orthocucks refuted

Tacito

>Catholic isn't Christian
youtube.com/watch?v=L14UNjaZJm8
>Bible proof for Papacy
youtube.com/watch?v=6KV6PXSODgE
>St Justin Martyr on Works
catholic-link.org/quotes/st-justin-martyr-121-a-d-teachings-about-hell/
>Muh you worship saints
mostholyfamilymonastery.com/mp3/The_Bible_on_Praying_to_Saints.mp3

>Tacito
Tacitus doesn't mention Jesus. Someone scratched out the original name and wrote "Jesus" on top.

If you don't like tacito i can direct you on the gospels

>Jesus wasn't real
Accept we have writings from Polycarp and Ignatius talking about Jesus. They are second generation Christians who were disciples of John the apostle

>If you don't like tacito i can direct you on the gospels
You know that 95% of the gospels has been copied from the Old Testament, right...?

Anyway lurk here
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus

based
love you too orthobro, we are the two lungs that Christ breaths into the world
based

Attached: 887591976-612x612.jpg (612x612, 20K)

>Accept we have writings from Polycarp and Ignatius talking about Jesus.
If you have writing from Polycarp I'd sure like to read them.

Nice LARP OP. Nothing can undo your evil deeds. Least of all religion.

Attached: yyfedora.jpg (479x492, 36K)

You know that the Wikipedia page is written by people like you, right...?

Nice cope Mary worshiper

shut the fuck up mohammed

just got back from mine, it was good

>love you too orthobro, we are the two lungs that Christ breaths into the world
Thats the best & the truest metaphor ive ever read. God bless, user

>shut the fuck up mohammed
Suck my balls you disgusting Mexican

>provides evidence that we don't worship Mary
>lol you worship Mary
Fucking Southern Baptists
youtube.com/watch?v=gFdujLSVL5Y

Attached: Martin.jpg (225x225, 10K)

I have to admit, even as an atheist, I don't understand the rationale behind discounting the Gospels as historical evidence on the basis that they are Christianity's sacred text. They should be treated simply and purely as historical documents like any other (and it is for this reason that the consensus among historians is indeed that Jesus existed). I mean, we have much greater grounds to question the existence of other figures of Antiquity if we're using the sole criteria of (1) time elapsed between the death of the person and the first texts we have about them and (2) supernatural character of these texts. Alexander the Great is a good example, since the first sources we have about him date from three centuries after his death and refer to him as a god whose rule was prophesied by the oracles, etc.

Letter to the phillipians

Attached: tac1.jpg (2560x1588, 1.3M)

Attached: fight for whats right.jpg (2560x1583, 1.95M)

Attached: Espanol para todos.jpg (736x1104, 515K)

>Letter to the phillipians
POSSIBLY written by Polycarp, but if it was, Polycarp is also the author of all of the "authentic" Pauline epistles.

God bless!

Attached: 1541356666182.jpg (573x591, 142K)

papal infallibility has only been invoked twice in two thousand years, and both times to affirm mary as a saint. the fact that it exists is an absolute stopgap in the case of deviation from Christ, not to be invoked otherwise

>W-we don’t worship Mary I swear

Dumb Mick

scripturecatholic.com/justification/
And keeping in good works

youtu.be/eek9GtSJHX8

get analled

Looks like the Filioque question was an excuse to problems of political authority unresolved.

You aren't providing evidence to back your claim, nigger boy. Protestants go to hell

God bless the anons making those images

Attached: christcuckgoonsquadshilling.png (1826x1136, 1.41M)

Attached: 9e22bc2dd08d7998826a0b706a0215196e25c5ff32aa5d0a1b0ce77acc0e91b9.png (1440x2000, 914K)

sup fellow catholibros.

is usury a mortal sin? what's the difference between a loan that is sinful vs not?

Because your “priests” rape little kids.

>

Attached: christian invasion of pol.png (1638x796, 267K)

Luke 6:35

priests dont actually commit more abuse than other males.
newsweek.com/priests-commit-no-more-abuse-other-males-70625
The reason you think they do is because whenever a priest commits abuse theyre on the headlines for several months straight in every (((news media))). Whilst if a normal citizen commits abuse theyre barely mentioned in the fucking local newspaper.

Attached: 1533008051107.jpg (573x591, 108K)

Hypocrites go to hell
reformation.com/

that isn't referencing it being a sin or not, user

The higher ups in the church went out of their way to cover up the crimes. That the kid diddlerling supposed “fathers” committed. You cool with that?

>The higher ups
You mean free mason infiltrators
sensusfidelium.us/freemasonry-communism-homosexuality-the-infiltration-of-the-church-the-holy-face/

this is wrong and im a catholic..

user is fucking keks asshole?

youtu.be/eek9GtSJHX8

>The higher ups in the church went out of their way to cover up the crimes.
>You cool with that?
Where the fuck did you get that assumption from? Of course im not. Those faggots will burn in hell for all eternity.
Im just saying catholic priests dont actually commit more abuse than other males. But the (((media))) makes people think virtually every priest is a pedo, because theyre so desperate to damage Christianity

Same to you bro. Stay based

The only one who’s going to hell is you and the rest of your satanic pedo cultists

so.. the article itself and the experts the article is based on are just liars?
>and im a catholic..
not an argument.

Imagine following a religion invented by a shit eater

Attached: dummy.png (413x467, 41K)

I don’t have anything against Catholics. I’m furious over the cover ups. So many lives ruined by priests because family’s trusted them.

You ignored my comment.

I want to dip my toes into catholicism. Into the bible, and biblical/stripture study. But not the established church of rome/pope/hierarchical clergy that are all rapists.

How do I do this? In Ireland, where everyone hates the church (for good reason), how do I discover biblical faith? I'd appreciate help

oh also in addition: I don't want to waste my time with a church or catholic subset who have compromised their beliefs to appeal to the modern man

edit: I guess saying catholic here is wrong and i actually meant christian, sorry

vaticancatholic.com on youtube will do wonders for you

I didnt.

There is a /christian/ imageboard if you're interested. You could ask there.

Attached: 1526968239579.jpg (656x492, 26K)

Attached: 4a2a0cd53bb8e716b6990266a1d5094bdfc4553113d47592c430952786fb38f8.png (1920x1080, 468K)