Reagan’s biggest mistake

this graph is already out of date. The price of manufacturing a high quality solar panel is now 25 cents per watt. There is going to be a massive flood of Solar panels on the market in 2019 so much so that it will easily cross the 100 gigawatt mark. Most of those panels are going to be manufactured in China and guess who the left is gonna blame for surrendering the technology too? That’s right conservatives. Reagan’s biggest mistake was letting the Chinese take over Solar energy production and Trump will not see this blind spot because his advisors will keep telling him that coal will make a comeback. There is going to be a massive reckoning and reshaping in the world of energy production and nobody on the right is ready for it.

Attached: 9467EA9D-63CA-4736-A83A-FB0638636013.jpg (1511x1145, 780K)

Other urls found in this thread:

menloenergy.com/?p=535
science20.com/science_20/energy_density_why_gasoline_here_stay-91403
forbes.com/sites/michaelshellenberger/2018/04/25/yes-solar-and-wind-really-do-increase-electricity-prices-and-for-inherently-physical-reasons/#2b88676217e8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

TL;DR

>solar panels meme
pic related

Attached: solar_panel_trash.jpg (1214x1194, 243K)

They have already come up with recycling plants for them and the majority of solar panels are manufactured from silicon. The ones using lead are from a small portion that’s used in the thin film category

The beauty of tariffs is that they are typically applied to different sectors or products. Trump has already shown he has no fear of wielding that hammer.

But will it be enough to restart us Solar production has remained to be seen

That is the question for every product that ends up on the tariff list. Many people, not saying you, don't seem to understand that factories take time and capital to tool up and start production. Typically measured in years rather than months. I suspect the majority of people would purchase American made whatever over chicom if the price was the same but that takes a lot of doing to get them both on the shelves so to speak.

The problem is though while I do agree with the tariffs Trump keeps trying to cut research funding into what will make American Solar panels better than Chinese ones. I feel like the tariffs are more of meant to prop up coal rather than help solar

The whole drug war thing was pretty fucking stupid as well.

Solar is trash. Most rare earths responsible come from china. The chinese inefficiently produce them then ship them to us where its then distributed. Solar panel has to be active for many years before it makes up the power consumed in making it. Hawaii's power grid is EXTENSIVELY solar. Almost every home has dozens that feed into the grid. Yet solar is a mere 1% of our total power generation

You agree that Americans should pay taxes for crops rotting in the field while Russia has record exports to China closing their trade gap.
The state of incels

>estimates by the earth policy institute
kek

trump's not doing anything for coal, US emissions are dropping faster than any other country because of natural gas expansion in the energy mix. Solar panels are a meme in 99% of the world. Until and unless you can put them in orbit, they're at best a way for home owners to save money in the long term.

Attached: 14.2-Global-Solar-Potential-Updated-1024x488.jpg (1024x488, 80K)

actually that was a combination of the obama administration and the general public along with conservative law makers who are to blame for china having the advantage in solar.

you see just a few years ago germany had the most solar panel exports and best technology. american solar panels arent even worth using on texas instruments calculators. then when germany opened up some factories in america conservatives went around making laws at a state level that say you dont get to power your own house on solar you feed your output into the grid and you have to pay to do that and solar factories in america collapsed. obama did nothing to stop it and germany took the hit because they were being pestered to help america out and when the factories closed down the loss in profits from having made the factories killed R&D budgets

mean while chinas solar furnace failed to meet expectations but their solar panels got better. the thing is their fusion reactor will probably phase out their solar production for a while or at the very least negate much of the production

when i say their fusion i mean chinas fusion reactor not germanies

Solar power has been a viable replacement for fossil-fuel energy for well over a decade.
It's simply that the BIG boys don't want to relinquish their monopolised power.
If you want free of the grid, DIY or gtfo cos your gov won't be informing you about FREE ENERGY anytime soon. Go figure!

>Solar power has been a viable replacement for fossil-fuel energy for well over a decade.
what are you smoking

Attached: 1497298204772.jpg (494x468, 45K)

Solar could be free and it still is of limited use without storage. And no one has yet figured out cost effective storage.

I believe you 100%

this is why the cunts are sky'sprayin (chemtrails) so that the effectiveness of solar panels is decreased

It is very situational right now. The best bet is to burn your energy as it is made. Unless you are home all day running the AC or using it immediately, you pretty much have to do a grid-tie system to get any benefit.

Who are "they"?

Will Batteries Ever Match Gasoline’s Energy Density?
menloenergy.com/?p=535

Oil is a gift from Gaia, without it most of us would starve.

Modern farming is based on oil, we basically trade oil for food.

Energy Density: Why Gasoline Is Here To Stay
science20.com/science_20/energy_density_why_gasoline_here_stay-91403

This is the biggest problem with the acceptance of green energy. Why does everyone have to think of it as a zero sum game? Solar can supplement our energy needs and reduce fossil fuel consumption substantially. Imagine if every house had panels on the roof. Even if it made for 5-10% of that home's total yearly energy usage, it would accumulate over a town, city, and even a country to add up to a lot. And if the green energy proponents would push this instead of all or nothing, they would have my support. Passing laws to force it doesn't magically made solar and wind more potent.

Misleading as fuck.

Installs of solar are rising because they are being subsidized. Either through rate discounts or property tax incentives.

Yes, Solar And Wind Really Do Increase Electricity Prices -- And For Inherently Physical Reasons

forbes.com/sites/michaelshellenberger/2018/04/25/yes-solar-and-wind-really-do-increase-electricity-prices-and-for-inherently-physical-reasons/#2b88676217e8

My bill keeps going up and up and up.........

Shit-hot weed of course.
Seriously? You don't use solar power??
Are you just a fool(to have believed the bullshit) or are you a shill for the oil comps?

And entropy is the nature of our Universe.
>modern farming
>monsanto/pollutants
Mkay.
It was big news...just not on mainstream, funnily enough.
Also funny - because of that 'occulted' knowledge (god, I love the Occult!) I can rely on noone but the Sun(who doesn't charge a shekle) to recharge all my electronic devices.

Houses around my area have solar panel installed, many through government subsidies to assist the low incomes.
They add a hell of a lot more power than 5-10% to a home lol!
Infact, some areas are even causing problems with being 'too efficient'...oh, irony!!
Oil though....cor, that's BIGLY profitable business though, being finite and all, innit.

adams law of slow moving disasters - they are always solved

And have you ever wondered if we have enough materials in the earth to create enough solar panels for the entire world? No? What a surprise. Faggot liberals don't consider that their "green energy" actually requires things like strip mining and tailing ponds that hold tons and tons of lithium. Congrats, you hypocritical faggots.

Nobody cares about solar. Reagan's biggest mistake was the amnesty.

frack you.

I will continue to frack. You know why? Because it's allowing the US to become energy independent. Thank you based Albertans for teaching us the ways of the hydraulic fracking.

Except Trump has a very low IQ and has demonstrated that he doesn't even understand how tariffs work

People with enough money to finance building a recycling center and foresight. After Katrina, damn near every house in New Orleans has solar to offset the cost of running 24/7, 10/12 months air conditioning. Going to be tens of thousands of old panels to deal with in the not too distant future, and Louisiana is unlikely to build their own recycling plant. If someone built a facility there, they’d probably be able to bill the state for each one they recycle.

I expect nothing less from a devout Capitalist.

>If I just post this as fact, because I don't like him, it'll be true.

>very low IQ
>drinks a gallon of cola a day...
What is an excitotoxin?

this

It's evident!
To all non-americans, he is just a fatter version of dubya bush with about the same level of linguistic skill (protip: linguistical skill denotes quite accurately, ones level of intellect).

There, there, Muhammed. Maybe one day the Brits will teach you how to make money. Until then, just imagine the Prophet fucking pigs like that video game.

>Muhammed
Oh.
Lol.
And it only took you 10 minutes to think of that? Sheet, maybe you're not all retards, eh.