Should I try helping rebuild small rural Serbian town or is it a lost cause?

Me
>born in Vienna
>in my mid 30s
>run an IT business, monthly income during last 5 years 15-25k Euros
>4 of these years doing only remote work, have enough projects for the next years lined up
>no wife, no kids but want to settle down
>generally do very well with people, I like them, they usually like me
>not a weirdo, normal conservative guy with some edgy views
>minus: speak Serbian with a bit of an accent, but I'm sure I will improve quickly

Now I will definitely move to Serbia, the question is where exactly.
I could go to Belgrade like everyone else and I'm sure I can make it there but I'd rather not live again in a big city if it can be avoided.

I've been thinking about doing the following:
>move to a rural town where my grandmother came from, very far away from everything (< 500 inhabitants)
>I know two brothers in their mid 20s who are both smart, trustworthy and learned something related to IT
>open a small office there, hire both brothers and teach them what I know
>make money doing project for foreign companies, later doing our own projects
>teach as many young people as I can to program
>make these people use their skills to help local businesses reach outside customers (probably no one there can even create a basic Wordpress website)
>maybe if the opportunity arises invest in locals so they can create small businesses for themselves

My plan is basically to grow a group of people who can draw in capital from the outside and then make them spend it locally on food, building houses and so on and this way lift everyone up.
What do you think? Is this a crazy idea and waste of time and energy? What should I look out for regarding group dynamics there?
I don't worry about someone trying to rip me off but jealousy is always dangerous and destructive for everyone if it arises.

Attached: Srpska_nosnja.jpg (480x308, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cT94ckd1J2U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bumping myself

Sounds based and redpilled to me senpai

>born in Vienna
>now I will definitely move to Serbia

Don't. Diasporas don't deserve to come back to their countries of origin because you have betrayed them by emigrating. Stay the fuck away from Serbia.

And that goes double for any piece of shit "Croat" who lives abroad. Odjebite,ne trebamo ni vas ni vas izdajnicki novac.

I did not emigrate, my grandparents did.
Such comments will not stop me. If you really want to stop me show me case studies where someone tried what I plan to do and failed miserably.
Convince me that the future is all just sodomite megacities and every rural town will die off.

Also I don't want to do here a Serbian vs this or that ethnicity shitposting or subversion thread.
We have a bunch of these every day here.

Sounds nice. May even work out but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't
You should also consider the laws in Serbia and corruption level

But all in all it's a wholesome idea

Why not. Serbs really need another Disneyland;

youtube.com/watch?v=cT94ckd1J2U

I would do it on your place.
I was interested in converting to Orthodoxy in Serbia but it turned out you are too much cucked country so I will convert to Russian Orthodox church and move to work and possibly live there, probably next year.

Don't come back. It's a shithole and you'd need 150 years to rebuild it to todays average EU standards.
You also risk typical Serboid behavior of jealousy where you will get mugged with unexpected taxes and robbed by thugs, while police will do nothing about it.

Ne vracaj se.

why not move there and give it a year of living before deciding?
You're in IT, you can work from anywhere viennabro
>Diasporas don't deserve to come back to their countries of origin because you have betrayed them by emigrating.
I sympathize with this Croat
I'm a potato-American but I belong here, not in ireland, and I would probably make ireland worse by being there

It depends where in Serbia you want to settle?

You are right, I have to do a bunch of work in that field, but I can only do it once I'm in Serbia because there's probably no one here in Austria who can help me with that.
But I will try the embassy, they have some kind of support (supposedly) for those who want to return.
What I could gather so far is that they have very generous taxation laws there since it's a designated structurally weak region.
Also from what I've seen when I was there it seems to me that there is not much gov influence there anyway, for better and for worse.

Braničevo region, near Žagubica. Stealing or criminality is not an issue there since it's a very small and close knit community.
But jealousy or quarrelling can be if you do something wrong or you are unlucky. There are no quarrels though between my family and any other there from the past.
But a new guy can always be rejected by someone for whatever reason, that's a risk.

If you've spent your entire life in Austria I can't help but think that you have a distorted image of Serbia or the balkans in general.
I strongly suggest you first spend a month or few living in Serbia to ground yourself in reality before you make any permanent decisions about moving there and investing much of your money into it.

Attached: Serbian Reality 2.png (1092x528, 29K)

I'm an autodidact, I did go to University but never finished (I mostly partied there and learned zero)
I do not believe that you need this in this industry unless you are doing something that's very close to current academic problems.
I genuinely want to escape the city and live in rural futurism.
Screwing me over, I will think about possible attack vectors they might have, there are few I believe since the kind of thing I engage in is low capital investment. (one workplace = 1 PC/laptop and Internet connection)
Investing in real businesses would only be something I'd do if I was fully settled there, knew everyone very well and I have seen already success there.

Wait serbia has culture that goes beyond fucking everything up that's surrounding it?

Thank you, I will definitely do that. I plan to spend at least a month in the small town, but also a month in Belgrade.
I will definitely not move if I just don't like living there.

Yes, a nice one too but few know about it.

It is different Ireland is first world while USA is a shithole
So I beg to differ he is doing a nice action toward Serbian economy, it means less Serbian will move to the west thus making it more sustainable

>run an IT business, monthly income during last 5 years 15-25k Euros
ehhehehehe non exyu ppl dont know u r memeing

Best of luck user. If you do this, know that you need to be both brave and careful. I am an Indian in NL. If you want take a look at the issues faced by Indians (returning to India from abroad) when they try to improve their hometowns. Google for terms like "NRI returns to India". While obviously not the same country or culture, I imagine by reading about this you may get some insight on what potential challenges exist and how bureaucracy can be overcome. Godspeed

I'm disillusioned with EU standards.
Regarding mugging - there's no criminality that I know of in the region, but do you have some information in which regions the Mafia is active?
That's something I fear. I hope they are only to be found in large cities.

Thanks a lot mate! That's very helpful and exactly what I was searching for, I will check this out.

Do you know of some cases in India where someone has returned and helped revitalise some rural town?
I'm very interested in reading about the experiences someone has made who has done this.
What worked, what didn't work and so on. Also I believe Indian examples are very relevant since probably most Indians in the West are doing something in IT, just like I do.

It can be done. Hell I'd be willing to come work with you, I've been looking for ways to invest in rural tourism eventually. I'm finishing law studies and and could do bookkeeping. Don't listen to others here, rural areas are not degenerate and if the location is as you describe it it will be mostly very old people so no real problems.
Also as an IT guy you can't really lose much and can only create something awesome.

I wished everyone could once make the experience and come to the realisation that there isn't much to be found in Materialism.
I actually live very low here in Vienna.

Welcome :) Well I do not know of any notable individual myself but I am sure you can find stories for this online. We had movies called Swades (Hindi) and Sivaji (Tamil) which were based on a similar premise and led to quite a few non-residential Indians (NRI's) returning. But you will have to do research man. Perhaps also search for the movie name as: "inspired by Swades XYZ returns to India".

Yes you should

Fags like have different mentality, they are natural born losers, thats why they think in such a way, they are only used to notice all the negative stuff and amplify it in their heads.
Unfortunately such people are majority on Jow Forums.

Serbia is lost cause. Forget it. All of them are muslimized. I know what im talking about i live next to their shit immigrant building.

Nuke them dont look back.

Teach ME, senpai.

>He fell for the ethnostate meme

Attached: images.jpg (228x221, 8K)

Good luck then bro and much success to you. I personally always try to find something especially in the beginning that isn't capital intensive so you mostly risk your time and the work you put in.
If it's possible in your field I'd advise you to do this first and then step by step move up because you are probably going to make mistakes in the beginning like most people do (me included)
Better not burn a lot of money during the time where you gather the basic work experience.
And you are right, it's mostly old people and I don't think there will be problems, although people can be fucked up if you get into a conflict. But usually get along with most people.

Thanks for your tips, I will definitely do more research.

Thanks, I will

Thanks, to me his advise seemed good, first trying to live some time there before moving permanently makes sense.
Generally responses have been positive here with some good advise.

why do roaches love lying about how much money they make?
we get it, you want to run away to serbistan
bye bye!

he even wants to teach javascript to young serbian refugees, what a joke lmao
get the fuck out of my country NOW

Of course. Execution of my plans is years away so no worries there. Good luck to you as well.

Not really, I just gave up on this society here. I wished this wasn't the case, if you believe I'm not saddened about what has become of society here you are wrong.

>All of them are muslimized
what

Do it. Basado y redpilado.
What work do you do user?

>Thanks, to me his advise seemed good, first trying to live some time there before moving permanently makes sense.
I was talking about the picture but okay.
It is of course a good idea to try to live somewhere first before going to move in permanently.

Oh, you are right about that, I didn't even look at it.
Painting an exaggerated bad picture of everything pulls everyone to a lower level.
I'm not every year in Serbia but even I know that it's not like the description in the picture.

>and then make them spend it locally
ya gl with that

People like the one from the picture would be miserable anywhere in the world. It has nothing to do with Serbia.

Villages are getting populated by migrants now. Recently city of Kragujevac gave land and materials to 5 migrant families to settle in empty nearby villages. This will happen more and more especially since ruling party is shilling for it, they even want to take away land from owners in empty villages and give them to migrants. Thats their plan of fighting dying population.

I develop mobile applications (native) and do consulting in the area for large corps.
A typical project takes me about a year. Also I have a few guys from Romania whom I hire occasionally as support.
Usually the way you get where I am is working 5-10 years in the industry as developer and gather as much experience (not only technical but also soft skills/management skills) as you possibly can and then you start working as a consultant.
If you did it right you already will have good contacts in a bunch of companies who know you do good work and you are trustworthy.
These will be your first customers and from there you can basically go on autopilot as long as you don't fuck people over and deliver good results.
Word of mouth should be enough to get new projects.

Why don't you knock up a German girl and move to rural Austria? If you had been born in rural Serbia you would never start a 6-figure IT biz. You would be drinking in a kafana and making 200 euros.

>Diasporas don't deserve to come back to their countries of origin because you have betrayed them by emigrating
>OP born in Vienna
ayyyy croatia

Don't trust the local government to do shit, don't give them money
Don't give away charity, they have no fucking clue how to use money
Open up a business or two and give them work instead, that's the best thing you can do

Production is where the money's at in Serbia. You can make a fuckton of money with a couple of CNC machines making mechanical parts. Alternatively you can just buy a couple of grain mills and produce flour seeing as if you're located in the middle of nowhere it might be challenging to get a steady supply of materials.

The likelihood for divorce is very high here and I don't fear just the financial part, I mostly fear the result for the children we might have.
If I'm not there they risk exposure to brainwashing of ideologically driven psychopaths they encounter in schools and so on and I could do very little about what they will try to turn them into.
Also I don't want just 1 or 2 kids like most women here. And besides that young guys here in Austria have it too well, they expect that everything will be given to them.
Of course that's not the case for everyone but often that's how it is.
And then there's the Arabs/Africans. But I don't want to go into that.

I hope user here isn't right about that or that it is only small numbers because this would wreck everything.

Lost cause. There's a reason most of our students decide to leave the country rather than stay, and why our diaspora doesn't support our country. It's not a matter of opportunities, but a matter of the current entire education, economic, and government system, squandering and neutralizing any support and its goals due to incompetence and corruption. If your work doesn't translate into result, then there is no value in putting work in the first place.

Your Litmus Test for when it's time to invest in this shithole is when the government starts actually communicating with the Diaspora, because out of all the countries in the Balkan we have among the worst relations with our Diaspora or rather lack thereof. That's the Litmus Test students are looking at when it comes to whether it's worth staying here or at least establishing a connection between their outside venture and the home country.

Attached: misnamed.jpg (226x166, 7K)

I don't think you realize that the Balkans are unstable. Today, Serbia is pro-left, moving migrants into empty villages -- yet tomorrow, very easily they can radicalize and kill them all.
This goes for our Muslims, the Croats and Bulgarians and Greeks.

Defeatism is a mental illness. The Western man has no idea what an hybrid of East and West is capable.

OP just always remember that being good with people and liking people doesn't matter when they are envious of you. And the more you do in Syria, the more envy you will create in those around you, even if it's a small town.

You can't smile your way out of somebody wanting to destroy you because they are jealous. And the more you play the white knight in some town, especially as an outsider, the more male rivals will want to destroy you.

In some ways the big city is better and safer, because the small town dynamics like envy are so much stronger. Every village drunk or low paid laborer or subsistence farmer is going to resent you, while their women will admire you.

Then there will be the guy you hired and trained but who screwed it up and got fired. He'll hate you too. In a big city, everything is de-personalized, and this is better for your safety in some ways.

Nice blog, faggot

>Recently city of Kragujevac gave land and materials to 5 migrant families to settle in empty nearby villages.
i think those migrants you're talking about are not those you mean of, but our refugees from yugoslav wars instead

Also, add to that insane amount of extremist just waiting for new war, or at least reason so they can coup d’etat government. Banja Luka today is example.

The best way to rebuild a small town is to start an all girl pop band with women you've dug up in graveyards and revived from the dead. It'll take some skills with makeup up though

Attached: tenor.gif (498x280, 1.58M)

But you can find a German girl who will have 5-10 children too. In the balkans the difference between a town and the capital is humongous. It's not an equally wealthy and developed community like rural regions in austria/schweis are equal to vienna and zurich. Most importantly the people are not the same. You can run into mentally developed Western people with principles in Belgrade who know what iOS framework is. In small towns the change of finding people like that are equal to 0%. They are poorer, lower iq, and you have nothing in common with them but blood. It's the same in Romania.

Yes, that's exactly what I plan to do, give a kickstart to a small community by creating a business and offering to train young people into become developers.
I don't trust any government.

Don't you think there is opportunity in that too?
From my perspective I see lots of young people who earn very little and even if they know nothing about programming I believe I can make them productive developers in a year.
I say this without in any way looking down on them but to me 200e is very little money, I can afford to invest paying them this for a year without expecting a return on investment.
If they are of good character and learn they will be valuable after some time and earn either on their own doing remote work or I'll continue to work with them and pay them much more.
I said before that I'm an autodidact, I did not finish my university diploma so I know that this is not necessary.
Even if half of the guys I train afterwards goes on to do their thing it will not be a loss for me, I'm pretty sure they will be willing to help me like I helped them.

Underrated

Sure, but war did not touch the rural place where I plan to go. What's worth there to bomb?
Also war might also touch the country I currently reside in. I'm not expecting happy times for the people here in Austria.

You are right, if this happens it happens. I will probably not fight them unless there is a majority who wants me there and I see positive developments.
I would lie if I said that I do not fear this. But I do not intend to fuck around with women there.
I take one and have no relations at all with any other woman there, not more than smalltalk if it can't be avoided or if their family isn't close friends with mine.

Mate, my grandfather was a farmer and my father worked construction.
I don't buy into the meme that these people are low IQ. If that's the case then so am I and we need not worry about IQ anymore because even I made it somehow.
I know for a fact that the two brothers who were my grandmothers neighbours are very smart since I had contact with them since we were children.

Hey man, can i help you out. Im looking for a side job, and i think i could spare 20-30h a week doing remote work. I know python/sql and c#. Whats your stack?

Environment makes the difference. You'll get tired of trying to reason with provincials and turn them to humans after living there for 1 month. The will dull your brain and turn you to a nobody. But knock yourself out and live the high life.

I live some 80 km from there. Been there at my friend's place. Rejecting is not problem at all since that is friendly neighborhood. Other than that its pretty dead place, no industry, mostly nomads and agriculture. Locals are mix of Serbs and Vlachs which is a Romanian ethnic minority.

Java, Kotlin, C/C++ but all only for Android. With C# you should be able to easily go into either iOS (Swift) or Android (Kotlin) since both are similar.
I strongly advise you to go into that, there are very few people doing that.
Web development (both front and backend) is more saturated.
With mobile development you are can be a highly sought after rare unicorn.

yes, but make sure you get familiar with the place and get some experience in serbia. I hope one day l can help serbia one day, maybe move there or invest in the country in some way. I haven't forgot about my motherland

You have a very negative ideologically driven view I believe, what matters if people are willing to cooperate or if they fuck each other over or engage in destructive behaviour like criminality.
I know there is no problem with criminality there, the rest I will figure out myself. Of course it also depends on me how I come across.

That's how I remember it, good fundamentals to start something when people are friendly and treat each other decently.

>nomads
I'm curious, never heard of that.

You are who you surround yourself with. When you surround yourself with shit, you become shit. That's why your ancestors were construction workers and farmers. You are reversing evolution because of edgy retarded teens here filling your head with bullshit. Why did Tesla move from AH to New York and not Bumfuck Serbia? What would the world look like if he didn't move.

It's easy to make Serbs to like you. Most of us are croatoalbanian-hating xenophobic bigots but as soon as you embrace Serbian national stereotypes you become immediate superstar. Just rant about how you like to drinking rakija, eat burek, cevapi etc,... and wave three fingers at everybody. In such dead community they'll praise you like a king. It might even be easy for you to get one of the very few local girls that decided not go move into city.

I left when I was 6 with my parents and as soon as I finished high school in EU I came back to Serbia to live the peasant life in the southern mountains
Now I'm 23, I have been cutting wood and making charcoal for almost 4 years and I don't see a positive outcome for my life
Everything is expensive, profit is minimal unless you are a con artist, the government doesn't react when you get scammed or robbed but strongly forbids violence and people are generally trash, impossible to trade or work with and you can't trust anybody with anything

The future seems very dark

Tnx man, btw u might wanna pick slovenia. Lots of serbian diaspora here, and people are generally nicer/ less retarded than cro-serbians. Basically austria but cheaper

Look, I guess you make an interesting point here if I ignore that you call these people shit.
But what is your vision of how humanity will live in the future? Will everyone live in atomised societies in mega cities?
I don't think this can work because people are unhappy about this arrangement.
I work remotely, I hire devs from Romania who work remotely, the company I do a project for has most it's employees scattered over all of Europe doing remote work and I have friends who run businesses too where they employ their workers all remotely.
If anything I believe that the future will be one where people will increasingly work remotely, many of them repopulating rural places and rebuilding them.
And don't forget housing, in Vienna a 100m2 flat costs 500k, in a rural Austrian town you buy the same for 50k. There are many benefits for going rural again for individuals and for society.
Of course this will change rural places, some old ways will go away and be replaced by others.

Your best bet is somewhere in Šumadija region where people are most enthusiastic, Gornji Milanovac or Čačak might be good, anything more west and people are assholes, they will just humiliate you for the heck of it, extremely unenthusiastic and bitter . Don't go south it's sandnigger thief mentality, they will swindle you out of business or use you in some scamming scheme. Vojvodina, not sure, I know they are probably closest to west European mentality, but fucking lazy as shit. Might as well go to Jagodina for the meme value, Palma is interested in business and might be the only politician who actually wants to improve his place, also was the only Serbian politician who got independently invited to the Trumps inauguration.

I don't want to go back to the 19th century in case you thought that.

I wrote before somewhere
>I genuinely want to escape the city and live in rural futurism.

I thought about Braničevo region, but my parents also have a house in Smederevo but I don't know anybody there.
But there's more going on there. I will check out the place too and the surrounding area.
Which part of Šumadija do you like best?

The TRUE pill is the Focus pill. That is to say, where you pick something realistically do-able, and focus on achieving just that. Many small achievements work together to create a big change. If everyone here took the focus pill, and concentrated on just making a small change, we would see huge results. For example, since taking the focus pill I've decided to work towards helping the amish community grow. I'm well on my way to becoming wealthy enough so that I can have a fund that will allow the amish to take near-interest free loans from, allowing them to spread and grow quicker than they are. In this way I'm helping white people with christian and family values thrive.

What everyone should be doing is something like OP. It's a lofty goal, no doubt, but is it DO-ABLE? Yes.

Pick something that will help, long term or short term, it doesn't matter, and do it.

It's easily workable, I've returned from UK like this 10 years ago. Larger issue is the danger of becoming full on neet that way.

t. IT boomer contracting OTI for 10 years now (NOC/devops)

this.
return serbian men

>But what is your vision of how humanity will live in the future? Will everyone live in atomised societies in mega cities?
Think of your offspring. In which city will they be able to develop and have the same entrepreneurship mentality like you to want to start businesses and continue producing wealth? Vienna is good, stay there.

>And don't forget housing, in Vienna a 100m2 flat costs 500k, in a rural Austrian town you buy the same for 50k. There are many benefits for going rural again for individuals and for society.
If you boil your decision and life choices down to real estate markets you might not be the brightest tool in the shed. I do believe mega cities are the future, but euro cities 1-5M are maximum comfy. Anything above 1M population is a good strategic investment for your future offspring.

You should go to Hrtkovci, Vojisvav Fefelj already started rebuilding it

My decision is not based on where it is cheaper, otherwise I'd go to Somalia.
I see potential and pressures on people to leave.
And what I see in Vienna in my circle of mostly professionals and business owners is that they all move out of the city if they can afford it, around 30-40km away.

>Think of your offspring.
They will have to make their own way just like I did, what I can teach them is more than enough if they care to listen.

I see "white flight" here. They will tell me in private they do it because of the social situation in the city.
They don't feel safe here. I still do because I don't live a high life so no one on the streets would believe there's anything to get out of me.

Price point wise, the sweet spot is slavlands is periphery suburbs of ~100k metro. El cheapo commie block facing the woods nearby, while still having all the city amenities.

Western europe (minus ex-GDR) is different. As it has no commie blockss except. It's either uber expensive megapolis, or a whole house in the middle of bumfuck nowhere with civilization 80-200km away at least.

Ehehehe, we will kill each other 10 times before anyone else even touches us. Sretna Nova godina

>And what I see in Vienna in my circle of mostly professionals and business owners is that they all move out of the city if they can afford it, around 30-40km away.
Smart, you want 1-2 apartments and a large house on the outskirt of Vienna ideally. If you're a millionaire already (sounds like you are) you have no reason to move to Serbia. You should be moving to Switzerland or Monaco.

You btw remind me of a good friend who is conservative and tried hard to convince me to stay.
I believe he does it because he has similar goals but still somewhat believes it is possible to attain here.
Don't believe my responses are meant in any negative way towards you.

>Kaže realno stanje stvari
>Debil i luzer
Ti mora da živiš u Kulmerovim dvorima

well its not a syupid idea, you can live like a king.

the bad point is mafia will fuck ur ass

Attached: 1576456345345345345345.jpg (377x325, 21K)

They won't for no reason. If you start a business or they realise you have money and are not connected, you're fucked.

Congrats mate, why do say there's a risk to become neet? (not employed or in education)
Because I don't need to work if I want to there? I doubt I could survive doing nothing.
My project will be for a few years the town there and the community if everything works out ideally. I say a few years only because it should ideally then be on a positive way without needing my input.
Besides that, are you happy with your choice, did it work out?

People already do this in Bulgaria. They just buy the whole village.

>Because I don't need to work if I want to there?
*Because I don't need to work if I want to move there?

I believe that's more of a problem of cities and certain regions close to Kosovo where I don't intend to move to.

kek that guy is black pilled af
people my age don't think like he thinks we do,he just needs to go out more.

Disgusting Serbian living in a Germanic country, GTFO of Austria and go back to your Balkan shithole.

If you do something like this then you need protection. I don't want to live such a life.

>I believe that's more of a problem of cities and certain regions close to Kosovo where I don't intend to move to.
This is true because villages are basically empty, but it can happen anywhere if you're dumb enough. In rural areas if you're a part of the tribe you should be fine.

i said it in the post, Gornji Milanovac and Čačak, but if you already have a place in Smederevo, heard people are weird there, but anywhere could be hit or miss situation it depends on you and people you work with. Start somewhere if you are serious enough, you could hit a sweet spot of having a western salary and Serbian expenses.

In Serbia we don't have a ''mafia'' but clans and each clan has its own region in Serbia the most dangerous clans were Zemun,Vozdovac and Rakovica clans.But there are Southern gangs who forced migrant women into prostitution

Burn it down to ashes. Serbs are scum and we need to get them back for vukovar.