Hanging out with friend and his friends

>hanging out with friend and his friends
>we’re chit chatting about nothing in particular
>subject of tattoos comes up
>I grimace and offhandedly say “Ugh, I think tattoos are so fucking ugly and trashy on a woman”
>hear whimpering
>friend’s female friend says “Yeah well they would never want you either!” before walking off and crying
>she’s got two tattoos

I can understand disliking someone’s opinions but crying seems a bit dramatic. My friend told me to apologize. And I’m thinking “For what? She’s a grown woman!”.

Should I lie to her and say I don’t have that opinion?

Attached: B5CEF3AC-81CC-4217-AC2C-28639C984034.jpg (400x400, 52K)

She wont believe you. Your only course of action is to try and fuck her.

>>I grimace and offhandedly say “Ugh, I think tattoos are so fucking ugly and trashy on a woman”

chill dude you don't get any awards for being vocal of an opinion that hurt peoples feelings

fuck you sound weak and pathetic. fuckin beta male. id rather stand for what i think than have friends
she was probably into you autist

Only autists think they shouldn't be considerate of their company when talking.

This. People get offended easily and if you have a negative opinion which you MUST share, do it in a light way.
Say instead something like "well I dont really like tattoos, especially on girls". It might still hurt a person but not as bad.

Ironically, you could apologize to her, fuck her and comment on how pretty her tattoos are after the sex.

Fuck you faggot.
This

What's said is said. Even if you do apologize, it still doesn't change what she thinks of you. Besides, considering that your asking for advice on Jow Forums, the window to apologize pretty much has passed.

No, just don't express it unless specifically asked, and then do it in a kind way.

Men always think everyone wants to hear what THEY find attractive. We don't.

You fucking retards think it's somehow a virtue to be unnecessarily confrontational. You're the equally faggy counterpart to the weak losers who can't take the slightest bit of hostility. You both don't want to live in the real world like adults. Just as grown ups will sometimes say mean things that you need to deal with it like an adult, you will face social repercussions for being a childishly insensitive dick. But you're not going to listen. Instead you're just going to whine that everyone else should change their behavior to accommodate you. Because at the end of the day you and those coddled faggots have equally poor understandings of social interaction and proper behavior.

Attached: 1531393212377.png (540x465, 290K)

This.

OP, you sound really autistic and uptight.
I know that inkrage is popular on Jow Forums but it really doesn't do you any favors IRL. It just limits your options since pretty much everybody has them outside of high inhib virgins.

Always impressed by the quality of some anons on Jow Forums

and we dont wanna deal with your shit if you dont like our opinion.

its a two way street not a highway and bicycle path.

maybe the chick should dug deep and told him he can go look for ass at the local church camp if hes gonna be that big of a prude but no, default to "cry and storm off".

I'm a femanon thinking about getting a tattoo because I have scarred up skin (former cutter) I have to cover. Now I feel like I must get one to weed out douchebags like OP

Do it.
Guys like this are almost always gigantic pussies who will disappoint you utterly if you make the mistake of giving them a chance.

1. You must not know a lot of women if you think a woman crying in response to being called ugly and trash is dramatic.

2. You behaved like an asshole. What you said was unnecessary and hurtful. Being an asshole is not required to have unpopular opinions. You're entitled to any opinion you want but insulting people isn't necessary.

3. It wasn't your opinion that is unacceptable, it was your immature way of expressing it. She didn't dislike your opinion, she disliked being called trashy and ugly. You need to understand the difference between people not liking your opinion and people not liking your behavior. There is a more mature, considerate way of expressing your opinion but you decided to be an asshole about it. You could of said "I don't really prefer tattoos. Not my thing." and been perfectly fine but instead you offered up an unsolicited insult and then acted indignant when people took offense. Yes, she is a grown woman but you are also a grown man. What you did was childish. You don't have to apologize to her for having your opinion. Apologize for being an asshole and insulting her for no reason. You have to grow up, OP.

Her reaction sounds way over dramatic, sure. I don't know her so I don't know what her deal is.

Doesn't negate OP being a loser who shouldn't have said what he said. This is Jow Forums. We are advising him correctly.

I'm not sure how to interpret that.

I mean you didn't have to say it like that. There's being honest and there's being an asshole, and you were definitely the latter tonight.

I mean you know how sensitive women (and to be fair some men) are and hearing a dude in her social circle degrade her to actual quote TRASH unquote is pretty disheartening.

Just be a man about it, fuck her, and make things right.

agreed his opinion is shit but the people in here are snowballing it like he screamed it into her face and threw a tire iron in her direction.

theres failures on both ends here

It was sincere. Jow Forums is mostly trash like all of Jow Forums, but the quality (sane, mature, intelligent, articulate) anons accumulate here, moreso than any other board.

I think you're focusing on the wrong aspect of the situation if you knee jerk reaction is to criticize someone for not handling being treated like shit well enough. Yeah, maybe she has some sensitivity issues she needs to work on but that has nothing to do with the fact that OP behaved like an asshole. Focusing on her wrong doing just seems like tacit justification for OP's behavior.

>wah! They were rude!
>reee! They got offended!
Don't you see the connection?

>id rather stand for what i think than have friends

I bet you let political opinions decide your friendships too

>cutter
>tattoos

It’s like you have a neon sign saying “I am fucked in the head!”

Attached: B1A80CB2-0989-42A2-92B3-2FCE50DD79CA.jpg (2560x1340, 175K)

Well then I'm glad my quality impresses you.

Yes, if she were here asking for advice, I'd likely be telling her not to place so much stock in some loser's opinion. But she's not here, and we don't know her story. Maybe she's going through a breakup and is extra insecure right now, maybe she had a crush on OP, maybe she was already regretting her tattoos, maybe she's just always over sensitive.

None of this changes my opinion of what OP said.

No one is snowballing anything, we're just acknowledging the fact that this situation is not about how to handle being insulted better. The girl he insulted isn't in this thread. We're not talking to her. This thread is about OP and what he said so that's what we're focusing on. We're not talking about her failures we're talking about his. I don't understand this constant obsession with spreading blame, user. If more people on this board stopped looking for other people to share blame with and just owned up for their mistakes life would be much simpler for them.

Despite the fact that she may have some emotional issues of her own to deal with, bringing up the fact that she could of handled it better only bolsters OP more into feeling like what he did wasn't wrong. Whatboutism isn't helpful for anyone in this context.

no what im saying is when someone whats to be confrontational you shouldnt be afraid to be confrontational back. although to me, his statement wasnt confrontational.

anybody, worth their weight in shit would at least asked him to clarify his statement by saying "....the fuck are you talking about?" before proceeding to berate him.

Agreed.

Think about it this way OP; had you been more vague but still readable on your stance like going "ehhh… I dunno…" or something like that you could have opened the floor to a much more civil discussion.

The OTHER part to it is she wasn't just offended by what you said, she might think all guys will judge her like that and become super insecure about it. Fucking her is literally the ONLY way you can make this right.

And a question, do you post on /v/? Cause that sounds like something someone caught up with their anonymous ego on a 3rd rate Taiwan basket weaving teaching shit flinging image board would say out loud.

...no get it, but how about sitting there and put someone in their place by arguing the fact instead of the inflection?

Dude. Chicks like that are the ones being given a chance.

>OK maybe she’s not THAT crazy

understand where youre coming from, but all that you listed would not be any of OPs problem.

I haven't cut in over 10 years. I think I'm an interesting and emphatic person and my past cutting plays a role in that.

And while I'm not ashamed of them, I do consider my scars very private and don't like to show them. I have also always wanted the experience of getting a tattoo, but never really wanted a tattoo itself. I figured this patch of skin is useless anyway and in the best case scenario, I can wear tank tops again. Worst case scenario, I now have an ugly tattoo and have to keep the same patch of skin covered.

>no what im saying is when someone whats to be confrontational you shouldnt be afraid to be confrontational back.
That might be helpful if the girl was in this thread. She isn't. I don't see how its relevant to the conversation.

>anybody, worth their weight in shit would at least asked him to clarify his statement by saying "....the fuck are you talking about?" before proceeding to berate him.
Some people don't find any benefit in arguing with autists, user. If it were me I would of told him to go fuck himself but, again, the point of this thread is not to project our personalities onto the girl he insulted. The point is to give advice relevant to the person asking it. Like I said, all of this may be helpful if this girl were in the thread but she isn't.

>although to me, his statement wasnt confrontational.
If you don't understand how calling someone ugly and trashy because they have a tattoo isn't confrontational then you don't have enough social intelligence to give any valuable insight on this situation.

so what hellworthy tresspass did OP do, other than share a jackassed opinion?

Stop being dramatic. He acted like an asshole. The only one here exaggerating is you. We all act like assholes sometimes, user. No one is here trying to crucify him for it but its kind of difficult to express to someone that they should take responsibility for their behavior and apologize for doing something wrong when there's people like you here screeching "OH JEEZ ITS NOT LIKE HE MURDERED HER OR SOMETHING I MEAN BOTH OF THEM FUCKED UP RIGHT?"

Grow up, dude. OP did something wrong and he should apologize. Simple as that. No need to be dramatic.

He was exactly as socially inept as the girl he's complaining about, so people are tearing into him. If the situation were reversed he'd get the same treatment for overreacting to a jackassed opinion.

>If you don't understand how calling someone ugly and trashy because they have a tattoo isn't confrontational then you don't have enough social intelligence to give any valuable insight on this situation

uh huh

>agreed his opinion is shit but the people in here are snowballing it like he screamed it into her face and threw a tire iron in her direction

so no. i dont don't understand it cause what i understand is OP made a blanket statement to a room and someone in the room took it personally. ...and?

It isn't. His problem was the way he conducted himself, which he could have done much better.

It's like you guys are trying to be obtuse. You do not need to bluntly express every opinion you have rattling around in your heads, especially if it might hurt someone.

Will the "OP did nothing wrong" anons please post their pictures?I would like to crassly explain to you what physical traits make you trashy and ugly.

I completely agree with you OP but you gotta be careful about voicing that opinion. People understandably are pretty sensitive about their tattoos. Youre entitled to speak your mind but you'll lose friends, if you don't just say 'I don't think I'd ever get one' and leave it at that.

>People understandably are pretty sensitive about their tattoos.
People are pretty sensitive about being called ugly and trashy, user. Understand the difference between saying you don't like tattoos and calling someone ugly and trashy.

>former cutter
>tattoos
>thinking this will weed out douchebags

I have bad news for you..

so should he apologize to the room or specifically her? im not over dramatizing anything.

im willing to be corrected, the girl is not in this situation so focus on OP. youre all right. my bad. if she was it would be a different thread than this.

Lol faggot who gives a fuck autist
Go back baka

Not him but he doesn't need to, he just needs to not be as dumb in the future.

Its the same thing user there is literally no difference, criticism of tattoo implies its 'ugly' or displays 'trashy' behaviour. Of course one is more blunt but it ultimately means the same thing.

>you don't like tattoos and calling someone ugly and trashy
I never said 'you don't like tattoos', just that people are sensitive to criticism of their tattoo. Understand the post before replying please

>im not over dramatizing anything.
Yeah you are. You're trying to make it sound like we're all crucifying OP for this "hell worthy trespass" when its much much simpler than that. We're not on a witch hunt here. We're simply saying that OP fucked up and should apologize. He should go to her and tell her that he's sorry for being so crass and insulting. Depending on how things played out with his other friends he may consider apologizing to them too. I don't know the details of that part so I can't say for sure. In the future he should consider more mature ways to express his opinions. Even if he does think they look trashy insulting people is entirely unnecessary. Anyone with a modicum of social intelligence understands that some opinions should be kept to yourself for the sake of consideration. He apologizes and if everyone accepts they move on with their relationship. Problem solved.

I do, however, believe that OP won't take this advice. His immediate reaction was to get defensive and that isn't a very good indicator of a thoughtful, intelligent person. Either way, we've expressed the correct course of action. Maybe my analysis of him is wrong and he'll take the advice. I can only hope so.

>Its the same thing user there is literally no difference, criticism of tattoo implies its 'ugly' or displays 'trashy' behaviour
Absolutely false. There is a massive difference between expressing that you don't care for tattoos and that you think any woman with a tattoo is trash and ugly.
>just that people are sensitive to criticism of their tattoo
She didn't get upset because he criticized her tattoo. She got upset because he called her trashy and ugly. Learn to read, dude. It'll help.

Eh, he could and probably should apologize to the girl directly, but the damage is likely already done. But based on this thread, he'd likely botch the apology too.

He absolutely should be mindful of his shitty behavior and big mouth in the future though.

^ a bunch of bakas
OP, ignore their Jow Forumstard advice and never apologize, they will see you as weak and you will be the beta of the group

>Encouraging OP to be a friendless autist for shits and giggles

based/10

Attached: 1394658078437.gif (439x288, 1.89M)

>He should go to her and tell her that he's sorry for being so crass and insulting. Depending on how things played out with his other friends he may consider apologizing to them too.

>He should go to her and tell her that he's sorry for being so crass and insulting. Depending on how things played out with his other friends he may consider apologizing to them too

and thats where im gonna disagree with you. he owes nobody nothing. in an open discussion where the question is posed to everyone he threw his opinion in there. whether people took it personally or shrugged it off is not his problem. it was an open ended opinion that, guesstimating, no one asked him to clarify and the end result is a random person took it to heart.

>Absolutely false. There is a massive difference between expressing that you don't care for tattoos and that you think any woman with a tattoo is trash and ugly
You're making things up, I never said anything about 'don't care for tattoos', I literally said criticising a tattoo. Criticising a tattoo implies something distasteful whether it be 'ugly' or 'trashiness'

>She didn't get upset because he criticized her tattoo. She got upset because he called her trashy and ugly.
I know this. OP's remarks were a criticism regarding tattoos were they not? Rather than writing it out I chose criticism to condense the sentence, but obviously you can't extrapolate.

>Learn to read, dude. It'll help.
Pretty ironic when you've misinterpreted posts

Back to the containment board you virgins. OP, ignore them and don't apologize, you will cuck yourself hard by doing this. Just don't fuck up again and you'll be good

I think you don't understand Jow Forums, they would be calling the girl a trashy whore and OP was in the right..

>he owes nobody nothing
True. Its his choice whether or not he has any friends. Anybody who does have functional relationships understands that having at least a basic capacity for being considerate is required. He doesn't owe anybody anything but as a result of his refusal to apologize for being an asshole he'll have no friends. That's what we call natural consequences.

>he threw his opinion in there. whether people took it personally or shrugged it off is not his problem
Again, basic social intelligence. I feel like you either have none or you're being purposefully obtuse as to avoid the reality of what actually happened. He didn't "throw his opinion in" he made an incredibly hurtful statement that nobody asked him for. There were dozens of more mature, considerate ways to express his opinion but instead he decided to call someone ugly and trashy. If your assertion is that people shouldn't take being called ugly and trashy for no reason to heart then I would again estimate that you either have zero social intelligence or are purposefully playing dumb because you and OP share some similar issues.

At the end of the day though, you are right. It doesn't have to be his problem. He doesn't have to care. He's more than welcome to share whatever crass, unwarranted insult he wants and as a result he will have no friends and people will dislike him. The choice is up to him.

>I literally said criticising a tattoo
He's not criticizing tattoos. He's criticizing people who get tattoos. Please re-read the whole thread because I think you're very confused.
>Rather than writing it out I chose criticism to condense the sentence, but obviously you can't extrapolate.
No, you failed to understand the basic premise of the situation, constructed a poorly worded sentence and then instead of back peddling you're just doubling down on your ignorance and getting defensive because you don't want to admit that you were wrong.

>He's not criticising tattoos
Calling people who get them ugly and trashy is a criticism of tattoos. How you don't understand this inference is astounding.

>No, you failed to understand the basic premise of the situation..you're just doubling down on your ignorance and getting defensive because you don't want to admit that you were wrong.
No I do, its quite simple. You've chosen to misinterpret my posts and then try to argue semantics and resort to ad hominem attacks when you realized you didn't properly comprehend what I wrote. Nice projection on doubling down on ignornance though

>At the end of the day though, you are right. It doesn't have to be his problem. He doesn't have to care. He's more than welcome to share whatever crass, unwarranted insult he wants and as a result he will have no friends and people will dislike him. The choice is up to him

that is a very big part of the argument yes, but as i am to understand it, he is already surrounded by that equal level of openness then i would assume his crassness is acceptable within his group.

>He didn't "throw his opinion in"
>>hanging out with friend and his friends
>>we’re chit chatting about nothing in particular
>>subject of tattoos comes up
>>I grimace and offhandedly say “Ugh, I think tattoos are so fucking ugly and trashy on a woman”

...thats exactly what he did. its not a round table discussion of the current societal norms and the impacts of peoples impressions, its a bunch of people shooting the shit.

> If your assertion is that people shouldn't take being called ugly and trashy for no reason to heart then I would again estimate that you either have zero social intelligence or are purposefully playing dumb because you and OP share some similar issues.
neither, its quite juvenile to me to flip a blanket off handed statement personal and i think people who do in fact do that were looking to be hurt in the first place.

ill ignore the rest of your relentless attempts to attack my person instead of my argument.

Dw that user is just trying to bait petty arguments and then resorts to attacking character rather than the argument. Debating nothing of substance

i wonder how sad you'd have to be to enjoy trying your hardest to win arguments on the internet.

i know, its just its 130 in the mornin and im bored as shit

>id rather stand for what i think than have friends
then why do you require advice ? just do what you want to do if you don't care retard.

Attached: 200.jpg (200x200, 11K)

i can't fault someone for their tattoos, except that if they have a really cringy tattoo, and they can't laugh about it.

i have no tattoos myself, because i know i'd regret anything i'd come up with. but i won't begrudge someone for getting them. we all make retarded decisions in life.

it's the reaction they have when it's brought up that matters.

You dropped this OP.

No please go elsewhere for validation regarding your prehistoric views towards women.

Attached: 1407274076984.png (1120x1120, 1.14M)

Misogynists hate tattoos because it;s a reminder that women own their own bodies.

What is the point of free speech if we cannot say and express ourselves? Imagine if we never spoke up against anything that we found wicked and abhorrent. Today it is tattoos, tomorrow it's paedophilia, forced gender reassignment surgery, and then what? " Op you are so dumb for saying what you feel with no lie in your speech!" Op is more just and real than any of you two faced people I've seen write in this thread. Lying to keep social norms flourishing is like living at peace with the devil. You don't live at peace with the devil. And people who are shaming him by saying he isn't going to get to sleep with her now are also trash and hedonistic.

I'd rather have Op as a friend than any of you who are trying to suppress speech and control others for your own gain. For who does it benefit to be the docile sheep you want op to be? Not yourself, not your friends, not your family, then who?
Also, men are not obliged to find all females attractive and vice versa.
Tattoos are also for sailors and criminals. Tattoos are a sign of frivolous and idiotic money spending.

But I'm a misogynist who likes women with tattoos.

Yeah misogynists are known for tattooing strong independent black Muslim trans womyn with swastika tattoos and literally Hitler! Bdrummfphh will have to answer for this or else Buddhist vegan society will be really upset and like hold a peaceful protest with only smashing like 22 of our own neighbourhood owned shops. That will show those misogynists and other bogeyman how in control we are

how many self respecting in respectable professions like law and medicine have tattoos? Obviously some would but I'd wager majority don't. Studies have been done that correlate tattoos with negative social traits

Attached: 1471683934773.gif (384x216, 1.96M)

I'm not in law or medicine and, even if I were, I could just get a tattoo in a spot that wouldn't be visible during the work day.

Your opinion is from 60 years ago, sir.

"Murder is bad" is an opinion that has been with society ever since society was dawned, what is your point in calling an opinion old? Do thoughts have an expiration date?

You must be 18 to post here.

>Do thoughts have an expiration date?
hah, hell yea they do. but youre so far gone ima let you ramble old timer.

Yes, normal people agree with you, but my advice is to choose your words more carefully when you're in mixed company.

Dude.
>They dont want you either.
She meant herself. She liked you. And you broke her heart.

So murder is inherently okay because it has stuck with society for more than 2000 years and that makes it an old opinion, and everything old is bad.

No wait. That's retarded and you're a retard.

>"Murder is bad" is an opinion that has been with society ever since society was dawned
Hmmm. You sure about that? Also, murder is not the same as getting a tattoo, so....
>what is your point in calling an opinion old? Do thoughts have an expiration date?
We used to believe that cocaine was a treatment for the common cold. Time progressed, we got smarter and we evolved. Thoughts absolutely have an expiration date you fucking brainlet.

Yeah, no societal standards evolve and change over time because you found one that solidified a long time ago. What a fucking winner you are.

based, thots irrecoverably btfo

>So murder is inherently okay because it has stuck with society for more than 2000 years and that makes it an old opinion, and everything old is bad.
I reckon thats one of the shittiest strawmen I've ever seen.

Attached: 1381900288144.jpg (1056x1080, 605K)

This argument is so fucking stupid you should just walk away now, user. You're embarrassing yourself.

I'm making fun of the ludicrous argument about things being old are inherently bad.

>I'm making fun of the ludicrous argument about things being old are inherently bad.
No one said that. You're arguing with your own stupid strawman, user. Are you concussed? Seriously dude whats with your brain?

dude, its kinda fuckin is. it the whole fuckin point of evolution either physically or sociably.

this is fucking fantastic. its like where textually stepping on his lawn.

>
>Your opinion is from 60 years ago, sir.

Offense is taken, not given. You don't want to hang around people with whom you have to censor every word you say anyway.

>Men always think everyone wants to hear what THEY find attractive. We don't.
To be fair, I dont want to hear how pretty justin timberlake is, how manly hugh jackman is or how hot Ty Dolla sign is, but I get it from women all the time. So dont talk like only men mumble all day long how hot female celebs are and what they like.

Because attitudes towards tattoos have changed drastically since then, you fucking moron. The opinion isn't stupid because it's old. It's stupid because times have changed.

Let me do some logical finessing for you user. Stating that one specific opinion is outdated and irrelevant in the context of modern society is not equivalent to stating that everything old is bad. Those two statements are not. the. same. thing.

If I take a bite of a specific kind of cheese and I say "wow this cheese is bad" and someone says to me "oh, so you think anything made of milk is bad huh?" would that make any fucking sense to you? How in the fuck have you survived this long with that mound of wet tissue you call a brain crammed between your ears?

It obviously hasn't. If it was accepted we wouldn't be having this discussion.

>Offense is taken, not given
What a retarded opinion.
>You don't want to hang around people with whom you have to censor every word you say anyway.
>every word
Its a goddamn brainlet parade tonight.

Holy shit you're dumb.

Are you joking? Jow Forums incels are hardly indicative of how society thinks.

More ad hominem.
Yawn.

OP you lost a Chance to get laid, maybe even a gf.

Its just that you're not even comprehending what I'm saying. I make a post and then you respond to my post with the most horrific strawman imaginable. We're not even having a conversation, user. You're easily one of the dumbest people I've ever conversed with on the internet. Your idiocy is bulletproof.