Rent

I'm getting an apartment with 4 of my friends from high school, and we're having trouble dividing up the rent.
3 of them are having their rent paid mostly if not entirely by their parents, but one of them and I are paying our own rent.
The problem is one of them, let's call him Adam, wants us to pay more then we can afford, even though we could afford rent based on a pure price per square foot model.
How do we convince him that we can't afford that high of rent? Showing him numbers and calculations don't change his mind
t. poor college student

Attached: received_2196135910630793.jpg (1125x2001, 97K)

Basically he wants it split evenly per room (I'd bet he's in bedroom 1) or split evenly per person, and you want it by size?
Honestly I've never heard of your method.
If you can't afford it, you can't afford it. Tell him if you go by that method you'll find housing elsewhere.

>pure price per square foot model.
this is the most fair you literally can't argue against it.

he's trying to fuck you guys over. don't stand for it. it's 3 against 1.

Nah bedroom 3 is where the fucking happens. His own bathroom and a deck? Unless the other roommates are nigglets and stomp through his room to go chill on the deck or take a shit in his bathroom

Bedroom 2 my bad

Wait hold on, there are only 3 bedrooms for 5 people. Are two of your friends in couples? Or are you sharing the two bigger bedrooms 1 and 2. Because if so, bedroom 3 has suddenly become the room where fucking happens. The only room with closed doors

Here’s the formula for each renter:
N = number of renters
E = Exclusive area (eg. private bedroom)
S = Shared area (eg. kitchen)
R = total rent
P = proportion of rent
A = total sq foot
P = R{[(S/N) + E] /A}
Anything else is someone getting fucked.

We already signed the lease because I was promised a rent I could afford.

Me and the other poor guy are trying to put our foot down but the other 2 are totally complacent, and Adam justifies himself by saying that he found the apartment.

Yeah, I want to share room 3 with my poor friend to save money. Adam is sharing room 2. Another problem is he refuses to take into account that he has a private bathroom and should pay more for it

If you were promised one thing and suddenly plans are changed, I understand your frustration. Get the other two on board. Insist that you and your poorfag friend are going to write a check for the amount agreed on and that you can afford, and they better deal with it.

Moving in with 4 high school friends is almost always a terrible idea lol. Then again, we all do it I guess.

Rent in a place is typically divided evenly, regardless of the room, at least from any roommate situation I've ever been in. Where the money is coming from shouldn't have any bearing on how the payments are divided.

Thanks, I'll show this model to him and see if he accepts it. I'm not very hopeful though as he rejects most logical models I've shown him (square footage, sperner lemma)

Even Adam himself agrees that we shouldn't split it evenly, as the rooms clearly have different bonuses and such.
I'm not saying that where the money is coming from should affect how much we pay, but he doesn't understand why I can't just have my parents pay my rent (they're poor)

Are any of these individuals Jewish?

I would never ever put myself in a situation where I am splitting expenses with people who have no skin in the game. You will be fucked over and will regret it.

None of you guys are going to be friends after less than 6 months of living together.

Make sure you're on a month to month lease. You're gonna end up getting fucked.

I'm Jewish but I'm poor bc im not ashkenazi lol, only the Mexican is poorer
we're on a 1 year lease, how fucked am I
I think I'll be friends with most of these guys just not adam, he's really fucking dumb but thinks he's really smart

Arrange a deal where you get access to the deck from Adam's room. Then use that privilege whenever possible

>but he doesn't understand why I can't just have my parents pay my rent
Wow, what an inconsiderate spoiled twat.

>this is not bad idea it be cool if u could buy house with 3-4 rooms rent it out be landlord.
buy putting 15,000 down on 300000 house.
im trying to get my parents to helpme with this
get house to rent out tilli own.

especially if u parents are helping u become the ownre look for house for rent. end up profiting. investment.

My thoughts exactly
there's no way I can find a house in the area we're moving to for 1.5m much less 300000

If you read the other posts you would know that my parents have to money to help me