The ring question

To the married/engaged men on Jow Forums.

did you give a ring to your SO?

Attached: 20181021_215959.png (1080x1094, 779K)

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/business/2018/05/29/de-beers-sell-jewellery-made-synthetic-diamonds-first-time/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

why are you stealing my plans

protip: the wood masks the cubic zirconia's weight; use a dense wood like mahogany and hollow a lot of it out on the inside plus veneers

>No time
Spot the lie.
He obviously didn't have the money but had time to make a ring.
Is he spending time with her? Yes
Is he spending money? Not clear
Are they close enough to consider marriage? Possible
Dump? ... Because he's broke? Lol okay, thot.
I mean, you need a partner that can at least pull their own weight, but can you?
Why do women lord over men?

Yep I was a poor college student so I gave her a ring with 1/2 carat stone. She loves it and has no plans to ever replace it. Just more evidence that a picked a good one.

in the trash it goes.

I wish a guy would give me a fake wedding ring

*sigh*

I passed out on a bench the other day, and someone wrote "wash me" in the filth around my vagina.

*exhales deeply

I stepped in front of bus the other day, and it just drove around me. I can't even get a bus to hit on me.

Attached: profileIcon_378y6slvb7611.png (256x256, 95K)

no because if he can't even afford a ring how is he gonna be able to afford expensive handbags and a nice car, think about it

Not married but planning to use an emerald necklace, if nothing else it'll be a good bitch deterrent.

Diamonds are worthless rocks that can be grown in factories which have some industrial purposes.
Paying for a diamond is stupid and supporting the practice is harmful to society.

dont fall for the diamond jew.
there are rarer gemstone that cost less.
also if your some dumb cunt who only cares about material things, go fuck yourself

kys

of course i did. stop trying to talk yourself out of traditions

Not married but you’re supposed to spend 2 months of your yearly salary on a ring I think. The whole point is to show you’re committed. Now, with the absolute state of modern women in the west I’m sure there are plenty of people who say fuck that since the average man is probably less likely to cheat than the average woman.

Thanks shill. Atleast your have some knowledge.

That was a fucking marketing ploy from diamond companies, you dunce.

Thank god my girlfriend thinks jewelry is a scam and spending money on an engagement instead of something useful is retarded. "It's the wedding ring that matters, because it means 'hands off'" her words.

Why should I buy a jewish priced stone?

Wife and I have tungsten/platinum rings.

Fuck off roastie.

Made my girlfriend an engagement ring out of a penny 10 years ago and have been married ever since

This. If anyones curious, look into moissanite
>nearly as hard as diamond
>more lustrous than diamond
>value not artificially inflated
>only people who say it's worse than diamond are kikes and kike sponsored youtube channels.

Don't fall for the Diamond Jew

Yes. Spent around 1k. She liked it.

this You fell for the gemstone Jew.

Some girl in one of my college classes was talking to her friend about how she's gonna get XYZ engagement ring and ZYX wedding ring and I couldn't help but lean in and tell her that she's gonna be grateful for whatever he gets her because any man that could afford two rings could afford a woman with a better attitude.

Attached: 81f9e38a76898bbecdf00304f5930a70379c86c9bf1ed922391a6c0c9a3dc1be.jpg (1386x1040, 572K)

wouldn't it be better to just give her 2 months of your salary?
I would rather have money than a dumb rock myself, makes no sense.

If you have enough value as a man a ring doesnt matter, the female obviously will just do anything to lock you down and monopolize you

Did, 1.25 carat C&C Moissanite in a custom white gold ring. The moissanite cost about $300. It has literally perfect color and clarity.

A diamond of the same size, color, and clarity would cost $22k. The difference is only visible to a trained eye with a jeweler's loupe in it, the burning jealousy she receives from other women is hilarious to both of us, and not a fucking cent went to Jew diamond cartel.

Attached: 1540584380362.gif (150x150, 1.07M)

My girlfriend doesn't care where I get it. She says I can get cheap ones at pawn shops. Though I'm still debating if I actually want to get married.

my wife would be fine with it but i don't want people laughing behind my back.

Didn’t do an engagement ring, but did have custom matching Mokume-Gane rings made out of rose gold and palladium.

sure...

Attached: htsh7s2vih021[1].jpg (640x1045, 122K)

I bought my wife a $30 white gold band. This year we celebrate 15 years of marriage.

This year, I considered buying her a ring upgrade. I briefly suggested it with the hidden intention of dropping up to about 1k on anything she might have wanted.

I was always concerned with her becoming a target for theft, assault, and any other worse outcomes. If this were not a concern, I would probably buy her much more in the way of (((them)))elry. But if I did that, it would only cheapen her.

She told me that she prizes the $30 ring more than any other wearable that she owns and refused to entertain wearing an upgrade ring.

Marriage is a gift, a sacrament. It is holy before God when the marriage covenant is honored. You cannot have a same-sex marriage that is holy as both parties to the "marriage" enable each others sin.

Attached: 19992_main[1].jpg (1100x950, 30K)

Married here. Just take it on the chin and buy a freaking diamond. Yeah it's retarded that women like that shit but it's just how it be.

This was my plan. I asked the missus about it, and she said OK, but it was one of those reluctant answers where she wanted the opposite. If you can pull off a moissanite, go for it (be aware if she's smart she will insure it, and find out it is not a real diamond). Otherwise, do it right the first time, so you dont need to upgrade.

I bought mine from orro.com, fake diamond which kills the jew.

telegraph.co.uk/business/2018/05/29/de-beers-sell-jewellery-made-synthetic-diamonds-first-time/

Do you honestly think a woman wrote the post you're replying to?

>unaware of Moissanite

yes

>bought a cheap one just to see her reaction
>got the reaction that i was hoping to see
>pretended that wasn't the ring i ordered and that there must have been a mistake
>ask for the cheap ring back in order to "exchange it" for a more valuable one
>she refuses and says it's hers now and laughs at it and decides to not give it back because it will be a fun story to tell later on

hit the lottery with that bitch i tell you

Go test your materialelsewhere, Amy Schumer

Maybe it was, but the whole point of an engagement ring is to show you’re “all in”. There’s obviously a massive double standard between men and women in the situation but that’s just how it is. You’re showing the woman that you’re serious about her by giving her something special (valuable) that you wouldn’t just give to anyone.
I personally have plenty of skepticism about this whole thing in Current year but I’m just explaining the logic behind it

>free, pearl, family heirloom ring
>why isn't it diamonds
Best of luck buddy

I got a ring but not one with a real diamond. We've talked about how spending 2 months salary on a ring is dumb. She did confess that when she got the ring she was disappointed it didn't have a real diamond, but got.over it. The ring is actually badass though and it looks much cooler than the grain of sand sized diamond is would have been able to afford otherwise.

Oh yeah never go into it trying to sell moissanite as diamond, but honestly, moissanite is objectively better than diamond, gives potential for a whole "I wanted the best for you" angle.

>shill

Attached: 1535809047938.png (1200x1200, 54K)

please god tell me you dont think that is the same girl....

>implying a roastie would contract a broke fuck cυck

Attached: we_laugh_at_NEETs.png (674x800, 316K)

this. Stop falling for the jew diamond mafia.

Have time to make the money to buy a fucking ring

Before we got engaged, I asked my wife what kind of ring she wanted. She showed me a 1/2 CT diamond ring in a heart shaped setting. It was reasonably priced at less than 1k. We went to order it in the store and they said it was discontinued. Having already had an issue with the store in the past, I called their district manager to see what he could do. He found one and had it sized and shipped in. He charged me around $500. My wife still loves it too this day, doesn't matter how much it cost or how big the stone is.

One of the reasons I thank God no decent woman will have me.

Buy a simple and cheap ring, if you don't have the money to buy an expensive one. It doesn't need to have real diamonds or be the purest platinum. It's the symbolism that counts, but there's no reason to have the symbol be an ugly one. Just don't make her wear that hideous wooden thing.

My dad was jeweller so I’ve given so many diamonds out it makes my head hurt now when I see the price of jewellery
I’m that no monogamy bong. This is just one more raisin.Never ever again.

Yeah ok
Meanwhile she will resent you until the day you get a job and can replace it with something she can show off to her friends. If you don’t she will leave you for something better
GUARANTEED

can you get a ring with a cubic boron crystal?

Yes, but the ring was custom made using gold from heirloom jewelry and my grandmother's and mom's gems. Actually came out really nicely and didn't cost too much either, gives the ring sentimental value as well. I highly recommend this route for anyone considering popping the question.

This.
I bought silver rings, while making a joke about it being a long term test for vampirism.
Total cost? $110 for both rings.
Still together years later.

(((Diamond industry)))
Yes goyim buy our shiny rocks at 6 gorillion % markups!

Forget that shit. I'm the tungsten poster from above. I make good money. When her friend started some shit about it, she told her that "diamonds are a kike sham, and you're a narcissist cunt." They're still friends, actually.

>paying an inflated premium for diamond when you can instead get a more interesting gemstone

autism is real.

Attached: 49635946_2280757002142569_2284649402897268736_n.jpg (466x476, 13K)

The entire ring shtick came around to protect the wife from starving after the husband died/went to war. You can bet your ass that if the husband dies the wife will find another partner lickety split, why bother spending money on a ring, use it differently.

Resident diamond dealer here. AMA.

where's my South African gf?
>pls respond

>anything less than a 100 carat diamond
Um, no sweetie.

Yup! My grandmother's amethyst ring. Purple is her favorite, plus she wanted a unique ring.

I agree. Even after showing her all the proof jews own 90% of the diamond industry, she was less but still reluctant to have anything but. It was my one concession, but it is what it is.

My wife would've left me if I was retarded enough to dump thousands of dollars into a worthless piece of jewelry that devalues immediately. She'd rather spend the money going on vacation or improving the house. Don't marry a bitch that's both superficial and retarded enough to demand you waste money on jewlery.

t. Amy "The Walking Bread" Schumer

CZ is shit mate get Moissanite

industry pro here too.
who'd you work for?
a jew or indian?

Had a ring from my grandmother. Lord knows I wouldn't buy a big one. We are a frugal couple.

Yes women always tell you what they want or what they are feeling

This. The mark up on mass produced shit is a big con. It’s just like paying original art prices for prints.

God how many carats is that makeup?

It's also useful for sudden poverty / economic collapse / etc. If everything goes to shit you have something of value to trade for survival. No husband leaving necessary.

>spend two months of your earnings on my rocks goyim
Those crafty Jews even made a dynamic price point!

It’s been over 23 years and I earn a pretty good living so...

Checked.

Im not entirely sure. I doubt its, say, illegal, since cubic boron is stable, but I cant imagine where you'd find a manufacturer who would refine it to the point where it actually resembled a diamond in appearance. Plus I imagine it's not exactly the most "show-off" thing, which is a large motivator for women; they like to show of their rings to their friends.

based bird poster Dee

>falling for the marriage meme

For fuck sakes. If you can't afford a diamond, you certainly cannot afford a wife.

We’ve been married over 23 years. Lots of women make good partners.

Bought a Tiffany setting engagement ring. 1 carat. Expensive as fuck.

I asked my wife to marry me during the eclipse in 2017 with a $15 gas station birthstone ring. We ended up picking out a 'better' ring a few weeks later (sub-$1000 for engagement ring/wedding band, purple sapphire instead of diamonds), but she keeps that shitty gas station ring in our fire safe like it was worth a million dollars. We got married a few months ago in her grandparent's back yard and are throwing the cash we saved towards a house.

Don't fall for the 3 months salary meme.
Don't fall for the bridal industry meme.
Don't fall for the 'spend money on rings or weddings to impress other people'.
Don't associate with women that fell for any of those memes.

Of course. Had one custom made by local goldsmith. Big colored gem, no diamond. Diamonds are a rip off. Only cost $600

If you try to buy a bitch, all you're going to get is one.

Did it end with her whipping out her phone and calling you a rapist while she livestreams your face to all her idiot groupie "friends"?

Yep.
White gold with rose gold accenting and a big huge gemstone since diamonds are a fucking scam and cliche as fuck.

cbn is harder than diamond. they can show off by using their ring to scratch their friends' rings

I proposed to my wife with a ring i got from a jewelry heist back in '03
If you got balls, do that. Better than paying money for an artifically knflated product.

Attached: HT_atm_jewelry_heist_houston_MEM_160915_16x9_992.jpg (992x558, 54K)

Why would you want a diamond when emerald and ruby are more geologically rare, less cost inflated, and look better with the precious metals?

If my girlfriend ever said no to me when I asked about marriage, we would be broken up shortly after.
This isn't up for debate, it's not a matter of some shiny rock.

If she says no she is gone from my life. Hope her next boyfriend is rich.

80% of niggers in the usa can't afford to pay rent and their debts.
Who gives a shit about a jew rock.

no, two golden cubes.

Attached: stupid is a girls best friend.jpg (676x1080, 481K)

>Didn't have time

My wife is a based traditional woman who is aware of the Jewish Problem. She would of left me if I wasted money on (((diamonds)). That shit is for good goys. My wife wants white children and a homestead. If your woman thinks she needs diamonds she is trash.

Considering today’s economic climate it is an absolutely outdated practice. You could use that money for a down payment on a house or so many more useful things. Why even spend the money on a diamond if you’re not rich prior to being married to use it as a status symbol.

oh wow, look its professor obvious, you wanna tell us some other moronic ideologically based fantasies?
i'll just assume you'll only have some broad 'answers' that dont actually solve shit

Lmao while I do appreciate that sentiment, I still can't see a woman going up to her friends, flashing her ring and saying "it's cubic boron!!" And Im not a fan of the whole name=value thing, like diamond has, but I think moissanite is probably a safe alternative. It at least has a gem name.

Shoulda joined the theives guild and acquired one the old skyrim way

based if true

Sounds like you've had terrible relationships with women bucko.