Is F-16 the greatest fighter jet in history?

Is F-16 the greatest fighter jet in history?

Attached: F-16.jpg (3842x2655, 1.86M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FeNYjYA2lVg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Dynamics_F-16XL
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

don't you mean F-15?

Technology is gay.

BRAAAAAAPHog

>Not a goddamn P40 that could literally take damage from a wing of Zeros and stay airborne
Bitch get out of here.

It was probably the best multi role fighter of its time, but the 20 year newer euro fighters have the edge on it. F-35 blows it out of the water on everything but raw turn speed.

F-15 with stealth upgrade package is pretty based user. I dunno about dollar for dollar though. F-16 is sexy.

give credit where credit is due.

Attached: .jpg (740x494, 44K)

Without considering the cost, how does the F16 compare to the F35?

That's not an F-15.

It gets BTFO by an F-35. Like literally, the F-16 would die.

In the early tests, the f35 was losing to them. That's because the f35 is a clunky jet that is supposed to do everything, so they developed some meme technology said "so long as the enemy doesn't see the f35, it will win every time" Because you can't defy physics. Theres no way something like an f35 could compete in the air with an f16.

Not one single thing you said is correct you dumb chink.

Retarded post. The Canuck is angry because his PM won’t let them get F35s.

Last red flag the F35 wiped the floor with F16s. Because, amazingly aircraft at end of the development perform better than prototypes

We prefer F-18C Hornet because it can take off from highways after r*ssians have bombed every air field you have.

All american fighter jets are superior to the rest of the world for around there's a reason why the kill score is in favour of US planes, while the F-16 has a kill score of around 9:1 the F15 was never shot down and scored 104 confirmed kills, some planes look good on paper like the Dassault Rafale or Eurofighter but thanks to the fact they have almost no combat experience and the production is on such a small scale compared to us jets (there's been over 4500 F16s built) that those planes have to be inferior as proven in every conflict where same generation planes met - the Dassault Mirage F1 or the MiG29 is the same generation as the F14 Tomcat and you could see how it performed, it's simply a matter of funds and the US budget is bigger than the next 10 countries combined.

Attached: 140224-us-defense-chart-215p_d40ecad0e93608f7224bcfd4d5df8a2f.fit-760w.jpg (520x390, 38K)

No. It was Me-262 user.

Attached: me262.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

Foxhound lol, only built for speed to catch SR-71 and still they couldnt do it. Poor commies.

F-16 is clearly best gen 2 fighter, and with skilled pilots it looks really good even when comparing with gen 2.5 like Rafale and Eurofighter.

F-35 kills the F-16 before the F-16 knows what happened. If the pilot is alert he may get off his countermeasures and maybe live until the next missile comes for him from outside of his view.

That said F-35 looks like an oversized blob compared to sexy F-16

This!
Why the fuck are you giving F-15 to Arab camel fuckers and not to your friends and allies on the Eastern flank of Europe?

They need to protect Israel.

BVR, F-35 would destroy it.

F/A-18s are based so that is an acceptable choice - you'll want to upgrade that to the E/F model though.

no, this is the greatest jet in history.

Attached: Romanian_Air_Force_IAR-99_Soim_100th_anniversary_of_aviation_colours.jpg (1200x800, 256K)

No this is

Attached: 1280px-USS_Nimitz_2004_tic_tac_UFO.jpg (1280x1002, 193K)

Israel was given F-15 too.

fpbp

>F-16 is clearly best gen 2 fighter
F-16 is not a gen 2 fighter nor is it the best fighter of its generation, in fact it's the worst American fighter of its generation. The F-15 has, quite literally, NEVER been shot down, and that's with a metric fuckton of combat flight hours.

>The F-16 has better turn performance than the F-35
This is true, so does the MiG-29. Doesn't mean the MiG-29 doesn't get BTFO every time it has to go up against literally any western aircraft manned by any pilot who isn't an inbred Arab or Russian.

>The F-35 loses to the F-16
This is a meme, probably spread by the Russians, based on an out of context quote from a handling report about the F-35. They were testing the flight software of the F-35 and they had an F-16 with bags there to compare against, and the test pilot flying the F-35 noted that the F-35 reliably "lost" to the F-16 In quality of handling and had deficiencies in turn performance. At no point did he say that the F-35 was worse than the F-16.

Because the F-15 costs like twice as much and you communist hippies won't pay for them. The Koreans and Japs bought them.

REMINDER THAT F35 "MEDIA" IS INTENTIONALLY TO MAKE IT LOOK BAD. F35 is a fucking beast and the military intelligence has every incentive to have it appear to be shit.

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu

Weird. Apparently Singapore has some F-15s too. Guess it makes sense as those nigga rich as fuck.

F-15 is probably as good.

I have inside sources in the Air Force here in Norway (i.e. I know pilots personally) where we use F-16 and they compete at the highest level at all the fighter meets they are at. They beat every other F-16 country and pretty much everyone else. When differences between planes are so small the pilot becomes very important.

Yes sir, very good sir.

>in history
>has 10 to 1 kill ratio
This is the GOAT right here.

Attached: Screen_161228_111751.jpg (1920x1080, 215K)

12 year old me would be upset if I didn't post the F-14.

It just looks aesthetic as fuck desu.

Attached: asdfghh.jpg (1200x867, 200K)

Also I should point out that, along with the fact you niggas is broke, there is also the NATO doctrine of high-low that needs to be taken into account. Most of you still have a bunch of Soviet Mig-29s left over which, while quite possibly the most hilariously Russian plane ever built, is still acceptable and functional as the low in a high-low mix. That leaves most eastern yuropoor allies in need of an upgrade at the high so what many of you did was take the F-16 as the high over the F-15 because you could, quite literally, buy twice as many planes that way.

And F-16/Mig-29 high-low, while unorthodox and a pain in the ass for parts and repairs, is not a bad combination at all. The F-16 is by far the superior platform in that mix and if buying F-15 instead would have left you with half as many planes at the high it's an easy choice to make. I mean, think what you will but I would not be surprised that if Germany and Poland went to war tomorrow if Poland's air force BTFO the krauts, because only one of those two air forces gives a fuck about proper doctrine and training.

>F-15 is probably as good
No it is objectively, by every single measure, the superior aircraft. This is not up for debate. By pure numbers the F-15 is the single most successful fighter aircraft in human history. I don't give a fuck what your friend's dad that works at Nintendo says.

I just learned about that last week. Spoopy. Any other credible military UFO sightings?

Modern jet warfare is about how well it can deploy counter measures to tracking and search and destroy. Synthetic Aperture radars are advance to the point where a pilot can literally photograph terrain beyond visual range, designate and distinguish valued targets, deploy weapons and run away. The benefit the F-35 is carrying is it's serviceability with most of it's avionics and systems being able to be maintenance in the field, and to take off from concealed positions and to avail a tactical benefit as mentioned by In terms of which fighter, the f-16, versus a f-35 is better. The F-16 can be retrofitted with advance avionics and be a more fitting dogfighter/interceptor, but the merits to which are outdated and risk too much in cost and life. The doctrine in the United States is to tread cautiously and with confidence.

I personally think the japanese have the coolest concept for stealth in development. The shin-shin supposedly use fiber optic fly-by-wire systems that lessen an EM signature, and being smaller would give a better advantage in flying under the radar.

>we managed to make americans mad at israel because of them

Attached: f_16_barak.jpg (840x470, 33K)

HIGH WAY TO THE DANJA ZONE!

man when my bro and I were 7 we used to play f14 in the bunk bed.

>F-16
>worst
>even though the YF-16 BTFO the YF-17 (aka F/A 18) in US air force trials and the only reason the US navy went with the F/A 18 is because of their autistic demand that jets must have 2 engines
McDonnell Douglas shill detected

Yes
youtu.be/FeNYjYA2lVg

>gives welfare and other forms of neetbux to lazy niggers
>bails out jew banksters with government money
>call somebody else commies.

Woah slow down there Barry Goldwater. Truth is you faggots won't sell us any F15s. You didn't even wanna sell us f16s to begin with, we bought them from Moortugal, and now that Romania showed its intention to buy 36 aditional F16s you still don't want to, sell us any lmao.

Excuse me. Sweet fucking variable wing technology just passing thorough.

Attached: F14.jpg (800x387, 34K)

this, you wouldn't even have proper jet fighters if it wasn't for this beauty.

Su-30 or GTFO

Attached: fqnqlwa9roj3b1fn7qec.jpg (800x445, 44K)

I think it's not a bad idea too have two engines for redundancy and survival against anti-aircraft flak and SAMs. The only downside would be that it would increase the time to service.

Maybe but until there isnt a major conflict with on par cabilities we wont know.Until that happens the Me 262 is the greatest fighter jet in history.
Both in terms of indiviual aces and total planes shotdown.

brits were already working on Gloster Meteor before they've seen Me 262

Long ago I did an internship at McDonnel-Douglas.. with guys who did computer stuff for the F-15 program.

There was a lot of bitterness there when foreign nations were buying F-16s instead of F-15s... main reason: F-16 is cheaper.

McDonnel Douglas was really hurt by the US cucking out on shit... especially the A-12 bomber program. Boeing ended up buying them while they were financially distressed.

The truth is having 2 engines increases weight which is why the F-16 had a greater thrust to weight ratio.

This. We buyed 14 F-16V jet fighters. Romania should get jets from united states of burgerstan too.

I find it hard to believe Lockmart or the US Congress would turn down free money. Seems more likely to me that you may have an inability to pay.

The F/A-18 E/F is superior to the F-16. I suppose you're right about the legacy Hornet being inferior to the F-16 but I was thinking in terms of Air Force planes. Obviously compromises sometimes need to be made for carrier born aircraft.

true, but the Me-262 was first to go out into battle, and it could do a lot more. Sure, it didn't stay in service for nearly as long as the Meteor, but it was nonetheless an important step towards modern fighters.

The F-35 biggest problem is reach because it cannot use external fuel tanks and armament because only internal bays can be used.
The stealth factor depends on the quality of the enemy airforces and air defenses.Low tier air defenses can´t defeat a modern F-16 or a F-35.For modern air defences and modern airplanes stealth gives an advantage in certain situations.The drawback as stated above is that the F-35 has to use airfields in close proximity or rely on tankers which can be targeted by long rage assets and a low payloads.
How this will work out remains to be seen as in technological battlefields(naval and air) even tiny edges over the enemy result in total destruction of this very enemy.

MiG 29 was and is the best fighter, nothing will ever top it.

>because it cannot use external fuel tanks and armament because only internal bays can be used.
Except it can. There are a million photos of the aircraft flying with external stores.

You use the external hardpoints only after you've achieved overwhelming air superiority which, when the US is involved, usually takes less than two weeks.

Pierre is that you?

Reminder that the IAI Lavi was the best variant of the F-16 (canards and delta wing for low drag) but the US military industrial complex shut it down because it would compete with their jets.

Attached: IAI-Lavi-B-2-hatzerim-2.jpg (1227x616, 104K)

EAGLE ONE
FOX TWO

it isn't even one of best russian jets, Sukhois from Su-27 family beat them in everything
Me-262 was in service with Czechoslovakia after war for a while

Not politics
>Not politics
Not politics
>Not politics
Not politics
>Not politics
I have massive balls
>Not politics
Not politics
>Not politics

>I have massive balls
Pics?

>press X to doubt

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Dynamics_F-16XL

All Gen 4 fighter jets, American and Soviet, were amazing, even some of the other ones like the Rafale and the Gripen which I group with them.

>it isn't even one of best russian jets, Sukhois from Su-27 family beat them in everything
I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he's parroting a vintage late Cold War US meme and that he's hopefully not retarded.

During the last couple decades of the Cold War US analysts (who were lying retards) were legitimately (or legitimately pretending to get increased funding) that the Mig-29 was a world beating aircraft. Until of course everyone got their hands on it and realized it was a broken piece of shit built behind such a fucktarded concept only a drunken Russian could think it was a good idea.

Attached: 13422958.jpg (400x400, 16K)

>Gripen

Attached: 1502124509964.jpg (750x728, 270K)

google He 162 Salamander

Attached: BigBalls.jpg (640x480, 61K)

That’s a funny way to spell Spad XIII

anthropomorphized f-16's with big tits that I can jack off to are the best fighter jets

it wasn't that bad, it wasn't bad at all, but not good either because it didn't need to be good. It was made for soviet allies who didn't need or could afford Su-27s

F35 is nothing more than a literal tax payer funded fraud

Wrong

Ok i put it this way.Yes you can.But then there the stealth aspect is reduced to a point where it makes no sense to have a stealth plane.

>You use the external hardpoints only after you've achieved overwhelming air superiority which, when the US is involved, usually takes less than two weeks

Before i see that in reality against a on par enemy i remain sceptical.
This would be hard even against a medium power like Syria,Iran or North Korea.Not in terms of dogfighting but totally supressing the air defenses.
2 weeks only works for small powers like Libya.

>On 30 August 1987, Israel's cabinet conducted a decisive vote on whether to continue the development of the Lavi; this development was influenced by considerable lobbying by the U.S., who made several compensatory proposals in exchange for the cancellation.[21][22][23] The vote was highly politicised, the Israeli Labor Party ordered its members to vote against the project.[24] Shortly afterwards, Israel approved the purchase of 90 F-16Cs from the United States, which acted as an effective replacement to the Lavi.[26]
Really makes you think.

>> F35 kills the F16 beforevit knows what happened

Thats a testiment to missile technology, not the F35. F35 is nothing more than a missile carrier. Take those away and F16 buttfucks the F35 in every way. The F35 is Lockheed ripping off the US taxpayer

M8 the engine is literally broken. As I said it's suitable for modern combat for a poor nation that gives no fuck about quality (like Russia) or for a smaller NATO ally that needs to maintain proper high-low doctrine for a week or so till the big swinging dick of the west can get their F-22s and F-15s over there to fuck some shit up but trying to use the Mig-29 in an extended air war is an exercise in futility.

Like modern doctrine for eastern europeans NATO allies is to essentially use their Mig-29s as a meat shield till the US gets there because Lord knows those too quality Soviet made engines will be dead in less than two weeks anyway.

Red Flag says differently dummy. Stop reading War is Boring, it's Jew and China funded misinformation.

There would be no fighting because the German Airforce is mostly grounded.Maybe 10 to 15% would be combat ready.
So Globo homo schlomo was a full score in Germany.

Some American was on here saying the problems it has are made up as a propaganda piece by the US gov so it underplays how good it is, which would make some sense given so many countries are still buying it despite alleged flaws.

In murican hollywood movies maybe

Attached: 1546548785845.gif (474x360, 1.2M)

F14s were huge though. Like a 747 lol

Yes nigger, did I fucking stutter?
It's arguably one of, if not the single most cost-effective fighter jet aircraft of the modern era and is supremely versatile and able to do a ton of tasks assigned to it.

No argument from me on that, modern Germany is a fucking joke.

don't worry, we and Romania will save everybody with MiG-21s, no need for american help

Attached: mig21croatia_morh.jpg (1200x800, 54K)

F16 can accelerate going straight up (vertical)

Fuck outta here with that fucking simplistic-looking iPhone of the Aviation Industry.
On Decemberr the 1st, during Romania's National day, it was fucking colder all of a sudden. The F-16 formations that were scheduled to fly over the Arc of Triomphe in Bucharest did not take off because of the unfavorable weather conditions and the thin layer of ice sheet on the take-off.

This. Imagine the quality of planes today if Germans could have continued developing them in peace.

Neat. It can also get blown out the sky at 100 km by a VLO aircraft with Meteor.

Lol you burgers are so stupid.
The F35 has a much more superior cost, in every other regard it's an inferior piece of useless over - complicated junk.
> inb4 b-b-but muh technology n sheeeit!!

Chang pls. Go back to funding War is Boring articles.