Help me understand the "youtube" generation

I dont use the term millenials, as I think I technically fall under the term as well, being 27 while the folks Im talking about are closer to 19-22.

Basically it seems to me that a lot, not all of these people are basically uncomfortable with any form of being genuinie. I like irony and sarcasm but holy fuck they are on full sarcasm mode 24/7, except when trying to espouse some "woke" knowledge they read off a meme, which they present like moses coming down with stone tablets. Or as if everything they do or consume must be first coated in a layer of irony, similiar to getting a child or dog to take medicine. They also seem uncomfortable with any form of humour other than ironic or "woke" humour.

Do I pretty much have it? I know these people are technically the same generation as me, but given the age gap, I saw the internet take off while peak internet saturation was already in full swing since they were old enough to consume it. I feel it has... effected them, they say "lul" instead of laughing for instance.

I need to relate to a small group of interns. Not become overly friendly, but at least enough to manage them better. They are only on average five years younger than me, but it feels like Im managing teenagers most days. I dont really need them to think Im cool, nor do I want to try and make them feel Im one of them. Im asking from more of a "how do I shift my mindset and not be annoyed by them all the time" perspective.

It took me awhile to figure out that only ironic jokes apply to them and they are incapable of bantz or even a joke that is less politically correct than sunday nights on ABC, barring that the joke is about white people.

Attached: received_10215660264248247.jpg (1111x1140, 49K)

>millenia
>19
That's gen z my guy.

>millennials created another generation to distance themselves from late 90's kids
Culture, and more importantly technology, just changes so quickly these days is all and so in 10 years A LOT happens now. I'm 32 and yeah my childhood is way different than a 19 year old but thems the breaks. I'm a millennial too.

I have no idea. People just seem to use it as "people that are younger than me".

Which is why I tried to aviod using that term. If its gen z ita genz I guess.

There are no fixed dates to definite a generation. "millenial" can mean someone who is born between the mid 80s to early 2000s which is silly because one is old enough to be the parent of another.

That said.

>being 27 while the folks Im talking about are closer to 19-22

You're making yourself to be much older and "mature" than you really are. You have penty in common with people that are barely a decade younger than you. You all grew up on the internet.

>I saw the internet take off

what were you on the internet when you were 4 years old?

>It took me awhile to figure out that only ironic jokes apply to them and they are incapable of bantz or even a joke that is less politically correct than sunday nights on ABC, barring that the joke is about white people.

You're in a workplace.

The way I see it millenials grew up with the internet only available at school or at a rich friends' house, and maybe like half their life was spent offline, whereas gen z literally never experienced a world without the internet.

I dunno what to tell you but I'm 29 and I feel exactly the same way.

I have fucking nothing in common with 19-22 year olds and I can barely hear them spout their opinions on anything without cringing.

You're posting on Jow Forums with people up to half your age that also share whatever opinion you think is correct

You can't be sure of the age of the poser of any given post on Jow Forums so what the fuck are you talking about.

The cutoff to being a millennial is 1996. After 1996 is Gen-Z, they don't have a generation yet.

There's a difference between millennials and gen-z. I'm 30 years old, I have have little in common with teenagers and even early 20s.

I don't know what OP is talking about too much in terms of their humor though.

im 28, and im starting to believe im a millianal myself.

fuck

people post cartoon frogs and talk about their discord channel, and their trouble in high school where they're totally 18 years old as seniors and not underage, and some accidentally let it slip that they're 16 or whatever

not something that 34 year olds would do

>The cutoff to being a millennial is 1996. After 1996 is Gen-Z, they don't have a generation yet.

you just made that up though

>Being bothered by young people's fun
>Being 29 and unironically upset that culture is changing

Attached: 1525910336368.jpg (250x231, 13K)

All you have to do is take 3 minutes to read about the ranges in years for the generations.

what I learned about Jow Forums in recent years is that there is no age for being a boomer. You have 18> year olds complaining about how smart phones are ruining society and how modern music is trash and etc.

There are no precise dates for when this cohort starts or ends; demographers and researchers typically use the early 1980s as starting birth years and the mid-1990s to early 2000s as ending birth years.

"ranges for years in generations" is literally sociology, which is literally not science. In this context it is brazenly not science, slapping meaningless labels on arbitrary expanses of years so that Fox News can write hit peices about rotten kids too poor to move out

You have 18 year olds posting about the degeneracy of society because they're upset no one will have sex with them too. The only thing required to become a nostalgiafag boomer is to be fucking dead inside

Fornite all day erry day

Attached: 59b.png (380x349, 97K)

love being a 38-14 year old millenial

Attached: millenials.jpg (768x781, 161K)

Im not really upset. I acknowledge that I get annoyed, but I file that more in the camp of me just doing the "kids these days" thing that everyone does. Yes every generation differs and has their own shared expierence thing going on.

I just want to get them to at least give a half assed effort on some of the stuff Im trying to show them. I want them to at least learn some shit that might be useful for them. I only have them for like two weeks and my boss has had them doing complete bullshit which is unrelated to their majors. To some degree I get why they feel jipped and have a chip on their shoulders. A lot of the time they assume they know a better way to do something or fuck it up after googling how to do something and reading some shitty blog post. Everyone has their own way to do things but its as if they MUST fuck it up before going "oooooh thats why you said to double check x". Like I will tell them from firsthand expierence how to do something, and the minute I leave them alone one of them pops open youtube and is watching some dillweed trying to get 1 million views tell them how tondo some shit they googled from a guy who googled who googled etc. etc.

While there's ranges, rarely do you ever see the range go into the 2000s.

t. 19 y.o kid

What the fuck are you on about? Is there something you need advice with or did you get lost on the way to your diary?