Canadian Food prices from a Torontoanon

This cost me $14.75. 10 packs of instant oats (5 days worth) and 6 and 6 cans of tuna (the cheapest I could find) which is 6 days worth. I am on a suicide cut right now, but how can any normal person survive on this? What the hell? It seems way too expensive.

Attached: 20190105_204921.jpg (4032x3024, 3.91M)

why do you keep posting this

Damn it. Here is a non fucked image.

Attached: 20190105_205607.jpg (4032x3024, 3.57M)

First time, friend. Maybe another user?

if you are needing to stretch your food budget even more i suggest buying barly, lentils, split peas, carrots, potatoes, onions, celery, and some chicken and beef. and making big pots of soups and stews that will make about 5 servings each.

first time mommy isn't shopping for you?
yeah it takes a while to learn how to buy food on a budget but you'll get the hang of it

Unironically yes. Fuck.
Good idea.

Try yourself some rice. One bag is like 60 bucks and will feed you for 3 to 5 months. Mix in some cheap meat for protien and maybe some vitimans and youll be fine

I fasted for 2 months before new years. After day five I felt like I could continue indefinitely and only stopped because my mom brought me Christmas dinner after I skipped thanksgiving.
If you don't have to move much beyond menial work and have 20+% bf then you could probably fast for a hundred days or more before getting seriously uncomfortable and probably a hundred or more days after that before you die

I can't stand chunk light, it's like eating cat food.

Tuna is expensive fish bud. Cut it out and save money.
Buy the big bag of real oats not the instant quack shit
Buy peas , rice and beans.
Frozen veggies are great and cheap
Pasta is a good way to go too.
Buy clearance chicken , boil whole, make broth stock - use for cooking n soups. Use boiled chicken to make sandwiches and salads etc.

Depends on how you do the fasting tho.

Yeah. $20 for 8kg. But I am cutting, so I can't have carbs. At least, not heavy carbs.

Good idea, user. But tuna is like the cheapest food for getting lean there is. I hunt, so I can use wild turkey or partridge for the stock.

This is great depression era tier cooking.

Bump that.

nigger what the fuck are you doing buying individually packed oatmeal if youre broke af?

heres a great meal prep:
>3 cups of rice (cooked, so 1 dry cups then 2 cups water (protip since youve probably never cooked rice before, its 1:2 rice/water ratio))
>1 dry cup of pinto beans, then cook it
>one green bell pepper
>2 slices of bacon
>salt/pepper
>chop the bacon up and cook it, then add your peppers (chopped), then bring your cooked rice and beans to the party all in the same pan. add onions, garlic, chopped ham, whatever you want/have available.
get one of those huge bottles of spic hot sauce (like a litre for 99cents)

this'll feed you 2 days breakfast lunch and dinner in good portions for like $1-$2 total. and you can always add more of one thing like more rice and beans to stretch the bacon and pepper. fuckin delicious if you like the hot sauce you put on it.

I am literally training to be a chef, so I know how to cook rice. But I appreciate the recipe. Will try tonight.

How long is this suicide cut? You drinking snake juice?

Youre training to be a chef but you are buying prepackaged oatmeal that has been marked up 1000%? I call bullshit.

>tuna expensive
not bad if you find a deal for like 2, 3, or even 4 for a dollar (happens pretty often around me). I always stock up, its great to have on hand so you dont get sick of eating rice and beans

Careful user. Tuna these days have high Mercury levels and who knows what else from Fuck You Shima.

Mercury part is advice straight from an old seasoned doctor in Ontario.

>chunk light
cats won’t eat it

I noticed that. They did before fukushima though, we had a cat who loved tuna until about 2011. Just died last year.

You should've bought a large bag of whole oats, not prepared shit with seasoning.

In university I survived on about $50-60 worth of food a week, it's not that hard if you don't buy lots of processed shit and buy larger quantities.

>suicide cut
i need to cut. how many calories do you eat a day? will you lose muscle? legit interested and too lazy to google

As long as resting metabolic weight + exercise > calories eaten, you'll lose weight. You'll lose some muscle, but you can minimize the loss with frequent strength training and eating .8 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight.

>Dry rolled-oats
This. Also, if you can find dry cottage-cheese, mix it with that. Fuckin bothers me that I can't find dry cottage-cheese anymore.

My cat does.

>Going to loblaws
It's almost as if u want to pay out of ur ass

How did you know??

>can of tuna every day
It's kinda suppose to be a 2-3 cans of tuna a week.

Plus, wild caught cod is better alternative if you can't afford tuna. It's another fish high in omega 3

This thread is posted to bait people into using their phone camera to post their local prices inside a store.
The picture contains metadata which indicates the phone's owner and location.

It's a data mining thread. Pure and simple. Watch how certain people on the thread demand to see the "in store prices".

Attached: 1522087105045.jpg (768x1090, 252K)

My cat literally knows that word in English. Better than his own name. I told my wife I was going to eat a can and he looked up from his bed and came over. Mind you, it wasn't the sound of the can opener or the sound of a cabinet opening, but me saying "tuna". It was kind of weird.

The all yellow minimalistic design on cans tells me its their own brand. Also loblaws is pretty pricy, ur much better off going to FreshCo or NoFrills.
I've spent some time in Toronto and the prices of groceries didn't seem to be too steep to me but then again i'm used to finnish prices which are high.

Is this the /oatmeal/ general? Sweet.

Anyone try the fiber and protein maple and brown sugar instant oats? There’s less than 1g of sugar in each pack. It’s insane. Very tasty, as well

Attached: 1544478801425.jpg (807x598, 67K)

Attached: 1B53A6AD-C16B-4672-A82C-647E15512ED9.jpg (575x602, 75K)

get out of here quaker

Attached: 81d2LAFN1UL._SL1500.jpg (1500x1125, 414K)

>$50-60 worth of food a week
look at mr moneybags over here. i eat like a king on ~$35/week

>he didn't spend 120 dollars in gas station snakes in a week
How does it feel being so poor?

Attached: 1517446819953.gif (218x218, 1.5M)

No sales or loss leaders.

Well la-de-fucking-dah, moneybags. Come back when you’re working with $20 a week

have you tried shoplifting? lmfao
I barely pay for most of my food and liquor, I could give less of a shit how much meat or spices or booze is

Its actually cheaper than Chile

Same with clothing. Learn how to not get caught and use it to cut into the loss budget for giant corps that don't give a shit about you or your country or your people. It's also pretty fun and convenient.

Attached: 1543902766769.gif (480x200, 728K)