So does the so called "blackwashing" actually affect the quality of a movie/game/tv series? Post proof to convince me

So does the so called "blackwashing" actually affect the quality of a movie/game/tv series? Post proof to convince me.

Attached: a88vvwZ_700b.jpg (606x960, 180K)

You can't wash anything into black.

Yes, because it distracts from a developed story that already had roles decided on in order to create the conditions of the story. If source material already exists, altering the events or misreperesenting who is who alters the story. If, however, the blackwashing is done in order to be transformative or to create a new narrative, it is to be expected that the source material is being altered and thus is not being represented.
For example, Lord of the Rings presents a reader with a world of many races of creatures, all of which have distinct attributes and behaviors. To manipulate these identifying features is to alter the source material, at which point this new media should no longer be considered representative of Lord of the Rings and instead should be viewed as a spoof or re-imagining.

If actors with the same level of credibility play the role, and keep their niggishness out of it, I don't see a problem at all.

Yeah, but the hobbits skin colour is never actually described is it? You can have 'dark elves' why not hobbits? They live underground after all.

I want examples of where black washing has made a form of entertainment worse.

I watched 'les miserables' and a black guy was cast. My first thought was 'wtf' but then I realised it had no effect on the story. I don't know, it depends if they just 'black up' the cast for the sake of it. I don't watch shit tier films/TV so I don't know.

>Post proof to convince me.

Attached: the-dark-tower-poster-idris-elba.jpg (1200x1778, 287K)

Blackwashing isnt a Problem per se
It is just a Problem when they take historical Shit and Change the races, or when it is just blatant BLACKED.COM Propaganda

ohh shit.....I've got one. Same dude, Idris Elba, he did the voice of Shere Kahn. I've nothing against the guy, but he wasn't the right voice for the character.

I mean I never watched the film but idris is a good nigga, surely it wasnt his fault the film flopped?

Someone shop this image into 'Lord of the Rangz'

What do you mean dude? Achilles was black. Ciri, Yen and Tris are all black slavic girls are described in the books. Biggot.

>Return Of The Kang™

Lol this film sucked, made a good book look like dogshit
Admittedly wasn't Idris Elba's fault though

>Taking a movie based on a property only hardcore fans would want to watch
>piss those fans off with obvious BLACKED shit
King literaly mentioned the Gunslinger was White with Ice Blue Bombardier eyes, and they Change him into a nog
I laughed hard that day

Lawd of the Rangs

>Achilles da black Greek Kangwarrior
I hope you are trolling there
dont know who ciri Yen and tris are, and never will care, but Black and slavic dont mix

>They live underground after all.
If they live underground or in holes then it doesn't make sense to have them black, since black is influenced by melanotan i.e the sun, therefore hobbits should be correctly represented as pale as possible.

True that, I was just referring to dark elves al la Baldur's Gate

naked mole rats

But dark elves arent called that because theire literaly black, but because of them worshipping dark gods

It's subjective commercial entertainment it's not good or bad it's just what people make of it.

I have a friend slightly connected to Stephen King. This friend who has been in a few movies, in smaller parts, including three SK movie adaptations, and lives two streets over from SK, told me when I expressed my rage at Elba being cast as Roland that this movie was not a remake of the story. It was the next chapter of Roland's rebirth after stepping through the top door of the Tower. The Tower alternately helps and hampers Roland's progress in order to meld him into a more worthy Guardian one day.

So, in essence, the Tower made him into a nigger because he did too well his last trip through.

It isn't nearly as bad when it's only a few extras that appear on screen for a few seconds though. This is about main actors and inversed roles, I won't even mention whites getting blacked.

if this isnt a LARP then mind fucking blown
wasted

Those 8 episodes of the state of the union

Your friend is retarded, then. It's clearly not the next chapter, it's a broken cobbled together mess of multiple books.

Niggers are trash.
Therefore anything containing niggers is trash.
Thank you for listening to my lecture.

The only thing I want to see with a nigger in it, is my wife.

Are you pretending aesthetics dont matter?? why bother with accurate costume, accurate settings, accurate anything....

The Return of the Nig

was that not canon black?

The best analogy is in the matrix with Morpheus, he's played by a black bloke, no one gives a shit and he could have been played by Laurence Olivier. The actor just played the role and played it well, there was no political bullshit that was so extreme that it effected the audience. Maybe he was hired because he was black, I doubt it, he was very talented.

I stopped watching TV, playing vidya, or paying for any kind of digital media whatsoever. I assume many other white people have done the same over the past 12 years or so.

Not a Larp. My bud has the kind of life most people dream of. He is usually an extra in big budget stuff like his part in X-Men First Class(it was filmed twenty minutes from his apartment, on the same island he was doing a refit of a massive fiber network), or an extra in The Walking Dead( he was a zombie, had a two day class just for movement as a zombie), played a secondary character in a few low budget movies, main in a made for tv movie. He also has plays in a band that has been on Warped Tour I think four times, and then moved to Maine where he does IT work. We kind of fell out of touch over the years. I used to let him swipe beer from the gas station I worked at and then chase him out of the store so the security footage looked good. No shit.

Kangz of da rangs

I only bittorrent, never paid a penny.

All of the species were influenced off of European groups. (Dwarves were Jews, the orks had Turkish influenced names).

You are assuming that the story proceeds the same every time it resets for Roland. I am in no way defending the movie. It was pretty bad. I am merely pointing out that the Tower changes the testing circumstances for Roland changes each trip. Black people are uncommon in Roland's world.

You don't know, user?

Attached: acha.jpg (700x465, 60K)

Nah, he's specifically described in the book as a white guy.

These days it doesn’t matter because Hollywood is using literal who’s from Europe in every movie now anyways. Hollywood doesn’t have stars anymore. They also mistakingly thought we liked thier movies because of the movies themselves and not the stars.

>The guy who plays Omar on The Wire now plays the role of the hobbit.

good lord.

>Will Smith As Aragon

da fuck.