How about we don't do that and leave tomatoes the fuck alone

because they're delicious the way they are and have been for thousands of years.
gizmodo.com/lets-make-tomatoes-spicy-with-genetic-engineering-scie-1831547833/amp

Attached: Screenshot_20190109-122453_Brave.jpg (1428x2163, 772K)

why not just engineer tomatoes to be salty, so you never need to add salt to them to taste good

or what about genetically engineering niggers so they always be glowing in nights? currently niggers are cheating with their evolved invisibility during night.

It is just fucking stupid. Just sell the goddamn tomatoes as tomatoes and if people want spice they can buy spicy peppers.

>WYPIPO TOMATOES BE LIKE

Sounds good to me, man. I like tomatoes and I like spicy things.

Who funds this shit? That's the question.

Also, tomatoes have not been the way the are for 'thousands of years'. Years upon years of intentional human agriculture has completely changed most fruits and vegetables from how they were thousands of years ago. Ancient tomatoes were tiny, shitty berries.

This is the same thing we've been doing just with more advanced techniques.

>i'll just use the same monsanto completely and utterly retarded arguments i made on Jow Forums 10 years ago when there was a gmo labeling referendum in california
>the goyim will never know!

Diversity Research/Outreach

(((Mandelbaum)))

Tomatoes aren't even tasty. They grow them to be as hard and as big as softballs. They don't let them ripen up on the vine, and aren't juicy at all.
Fuck tomatoes, man. They can keep them

What sort of colonialist racism is this? The only allowable spicy food is that which is prepared by people of color.

GMOs are harmless and the complaints I see about him are mostly from crazy left-leaning Facebook women who post about wine too much.

Tomatoes and peppers are in the same family, so you don't need genetic engineering.
Just selective breeding.

Attached: 1203298654721.jpg (701x728, 90K)

Grow your own, dipshit

Not scientifically studied. Move on to your next talking point, please. Wine aunt memes and faceburg memes have no effect on me.

Next, ese, we're getting rid of the rind inside so you can just cut one in half and it's a natural bowl filled with salsa.

That's the secret. It's like with anything else you've worked with that gets military funding. They need some stupid cover story that makes enough sense that everybody can agree it's a good idea because tomatoes and peppers are in the same family so here's a "DARPA hard" problem to solve to fund more Chinese spies as the next incremental step to transhumanism.

They seriously think some of us haven't been doing this since 9/11. But oh no. Forget about figuring out what happened on 9/11. Let's invent a new vegetable and profit off selling it to the tards to see what happens!

> Tomatoes aren't even tasty. They grow them to be as hard and as big as softballs. They don't let them ripen up on the vine, and aren't juicy at all.
Are they this way all year round there or do you have normal(ripe and juicy) tomatoes in summer?

spicy tomato sounds good. like jalapeno ketchup

The scientific evidence that GMOs are harmful is pretty much nonexistent. The 'No GMO' label you see on food products is a marketing ploy meant to appeal to people who don't know any better.

"thousands of years" ago tomatoes were poisonous and more likely to be used as home decoration than ingredient.

They're the same all year 'round. Just like you can go anywhere in the country and order a Big Mac and it'll be about the same, depending on the local supply chain of ground up cow brains and other barnyard waste.

MSG is also harmless and is naturally occurring in a lot of the things we eat.

That's not how science works. Did you ever go to school?

Also false.

We do

Imagine the cancer

No, the Jewish Federal Reserve Bank does. Taxpayers don't fund anything.

>That's not how science works

Yeah it is. Science is evidence-based. There's no evidence it's harmful.

How does science work, my fag?

Describe the scientific method for the folks at home. That's not in the least bit how it works.

We're waiting for our IG Farben friend to explain it to us.

Explain how monosodium glutamate adversely effects the body. Do this by explaining the chemical processes the human body undergoes after ingesting it.

The burden of proof is on you, my scientific friend.

Based on truth however. Glutamate and related compounds are found in MANY foods naturally, and provide the umami flavor. MSG is simply a salt used to reproduce this flavor where desired, and is no more dangerous than glutamates naturally found.
People who get headaches from MSG will also get them from natural glutamate, as well as tyramine and tyrosine, etc.They're defective people BTW.

Are you actually claiming that science is not based on evidence?

Yep, that's the cover story they tell you to blow smoke in your face. There's no science behind it. It's just an NPR driveway moment.

No, but you'd never get ahead in the industry saying something that stupid in your professional life.

>thousands of years

uhm, no honey. Every "tasty" plant you eat has been genetically modified through selective breeding. Wild plants are disgusting.

>MSG is bad
>No, I won't prove it, you must prove me wrong instead!
How to spot a brainlet

But if Thomas Watson says genes and breeding makes a difference in humans, then that completely violates the Rabbinical Code, so no Nobel Prize for him.

Forget how the Nobel family was really big into Eugenics, but the goyim will never know that.

(((Mandelbaum)))

moar liek
>gmo is the same thing as selective breeding
>oh wait i can't defend that so you must hate msg
>but i still can't prove that msg isn't bad
>ha ha loser i win
You know, some of us actually worked with like what they call "logic gates" when we were growing up and there was still a Radio Shack. And then maybe when we went to school it didn't put you $100k into Jewish debt and you took courses in logic and philosophy on your way to your degree and it was normal to know what a "NAND gate" was as the SSD tech was growing up.

I'm fortunate to live in the south and have a reasonable amount of back yard space. I participate in several Heirloom (passed down from generation to generation that pollinate naturally) seed societies and attempt to keep alive or help reintroduce varieties that are going into extinction. Have you noticed ground cherries are suddenly a thing now? Becoming the next superfood? Nobody was talking about ground cherries a couple of years ago. I've been growing those along with other things. Plus lots of weird looking, great tasting tomatoes.

Most of this genetically engineered garbage does not sustain itself. You can buy a fruit or vegetable from a store, save the seeds from it, and try to grow it, only to see that the seeds will not germinate at all, or that the plants that grow produce little to nothing at all. So there is a financial incentive as well as a control incentive towards driving Heirloom plants into extinction.

Fuck your clickbait article. Scientists don't make business decisions like whether or not to produce and sell spicy tomatoes.

I'm all for genetic engineering. More variety, more nutrition, and more calories. I don't see why we aren't doing the same with trees. Why do oak trees grow so slowly? Why not a faster growing tree?

Oak is better for burning in your Ben Franklin stove. Maple burns too hot and fast, so we enslaved all of Canada to make syrup out of them instead.

The most disgusting fruit is a bell pepper, so I'm not looking forward to this.

Tomacco?

i actually am for this, its one less ingredient i have to spend money on :)

>thousands of years
not really

Tuesday is Onions Green day. Just buy a can of The Food.

>modified through selective breeding

That's a little different than editing genes in a laboratory like these people are talking about don't you think sweetie pie?

My post was more about having a debate about the moral and ethical implications of altering genes to our food. Especially such a staple crop like tomatoes. But thanks for your contribution to this thread my guy.

Also, if you don't wanna just breed hotter tomatoes, just add some habanero sauce to your tomatoes and BOOM. Done-go situation.

Attached: 1191201262744.png (630x344, 118K)

Name one tomato dish or tomato product that wouldn't be better spicy.

based wizard user

A lot of the scottish bonnet type family has a strange taste in my experience that kind of only works if the other flavors overpower it so you only use it for the heat.

I've never looked it up as far as where they come from, but what's sold as "tobasco" peppers are really spot on. But it wouldn't be much trouble to do it right if those are some kind of (((frankenstein))).

Agreed.
Tomatoes have been bred for looks (marketing) instead of flavor. The only tomatoes I like are out of my garden every summer. Got the plants from family in Italy, then kept the seeds and now I grow them from sprouts every year.

desu modern tomatoes are shit. People care way more about how produce looks than how it tastes (no clue why), so the agriculture industry has shifted towards cultivars that produce big fat red tomatoes that don't taste like anything. That plus warehouse ripening has all but ruined the tomato.

>That's a little different than editing genes in a laboratory like these people are talking about don't you think sweetie pie?

You're still using human intervention to fuck with nature. What significant difference is there? You're isolating genes and then ensuring they're passed on to something else.

Well if you're anal about flavor, extracting some capsaicin(carefully) into some neutral lipid container to be used in foods can work.

Tomato salad. If I'm making a sauce I might add a tiny bit of chipotle for flavor. But many types of sauces don't really call for it, and spices are so easy to get, and you can tailor your dish to your own spice preference, thus whoever suggested idea in OP should be shot and made an example of for the rest of the world.

Attached: 155453.jpg (225x225, 11K)

>Tomatoes have been bred for looks (marketing)
I don't know where you live, but for some years now they've been selling "ugli" tomatoes branded as "heirloom" in the store, but really not for all that much more than other cool wine aunt tomatoes.

But they actually taste a little bit like what you could grow more of at home than you'd know what to do with, once you get the hang of it.

Why? Why not just find one that tastes the way you want on its own? Are you afraid of experiments (science?)

The tomatoes you get out of your garden are still a product of hundreds of years of direct human intervention and selective breeding. Unless your tomatoes look like the little berries on the left. Those are what wild tomatoes are like.

Attached: Wild-Tomatoes-Collage1.jpg (1200x627, 956K)

What a fucking retard.

Y'all want engineered cat-girls but don't want dem engineered tomatoes, hipopotamus acting asses baka.

Attached: 555-come-on-now-1687205.png (500x522, 133K)

What the fuck.
I wrote "baka" instead of "baka".

based twitter nigger poster

Attached: 1559284126297.gif (245x200, 497K)

theres nothing wrong with directly editing edit code to create new or superior things
you can disagree, but you're wrong

Attached: 1545846233529.jpg (1920x1080, 471K)

So are you ready to talk about how selective breeding is the same thing as genetic engineering? Or are you just going to continue to preach your line that everything good comes from human intervention so therefore, in a logical non-sequitur all human intervention must be good?

ayyyo hol up this tomato has no taste, we need to enrich it
whypipo dodn't kno spic es and shieeeet
bix nood

Attached: shekelpiro.jpg (1242x814, 124K)

I'll look into it. I buy kumato during the off-season. They're pretty gud.
Conceded.

Fuck off, newfag scum.

Wordfilters? On my Jow Forums?

Attached: thumb.png (800x450, 359K)

Can you give me a few seeds? I love old varieties

White folks that can't handle any flavor btfo.

Best news I've heard all day

>Be me
>Run my own shit
>Have workpants saggy
>Have flat cap baseball hat
>average paintjob cost the customer 4.000 dollarshekels
>No loans
>No debt

Can someone PLEEEASE kill this fucking KIKE?

What a harbl night to have newfaggotry.

I'm in ur washing machine
soaking my... whatever.

Comment section is like an iframe to reddit, mfw.
Also why are liberals behind GMO all of a sudden? Wtf s going on?

It's called transhumanism. It's been going on since back when people wrote the bible and talked about this "lucifer" thing.

Why "liberals?" Well, conservatives tend to want to keep the status quo. So you invest in the natural opposition group that wants "change" and that way you have your useful idiots to run your train along to whatever it is you think you're changing to.

Leftards think they can outsmart nature. It's hilarity in action watching them fail every time. It's why they suck at science and engineering. You can't work against nature and succeed in those fields.

Attached: cool.png (604x480, 331K)

>because they're delicious the way they are and have been for thousands of years.
No they haven't. They're a recent cultivar introduced by Mayans, worshipped by Aztecs, and distributed by Spaniards and Portocucks during the discovery of the new world, which isn't that long ago.

>because they're delicious the way they are and have been for thousands of years.
You realize we've been fucking with them for thousands of years, right?

This. If GMOs were harmful, all you have to do it just run the produce through chemical analysis to figure out if there's anything bad in it. There's nothing magical about food, it's just a pile of molecules.

>Spicy tomatoes
They should be making super Aryan babies who can live for more than 200 years without any health problem

You don't seem to realize that even inbreeding isn't introducing external genetic code.
Watch these fucking gene-splicers and their "patented" foods, they consistently tell half-truths for profit.
Fuck them up in person if you meet them in a bar.

Checkbump for legit glow in the dark CIA niggers.

>when the seeds you have don't grow again next year
What was that about ye shall know them by their fruits?

Attached: 1404263638672.jpg (600x600, 173K)

>flatbill cap
>saggy pants

die, nigger.

Honestly sounds horrible.

Nerds can concoct useless experiments but can't learn how to make hot sauce. Fucking dorks. Fucking virgin dorks, the lot.

Why not take the tradition out of everything? HEY! Why not let AI raise our children and fuck our wives? WHY NOT?

They are both in the nightshade family. This isn't getting corn to produce it's own pesticides.

New man made plants are better than unevolved nigger plants.

Attached: t576fcqe6t5z.png (1200x2540, 798K)

>Ive been to a genetic engineering lab and this is literally exactly what they tell you
Autism tier
Humans have been genetically altering shit since we bred cows with big tits
Now we can just do it faster, stay in the cave grug

Attached: 807C6CAD-A766-4F6B-90F4-4804444F8804.png (703x911, 19K)

oy vey like you mean they learn anything in school?
NO GOYIM THEY NEED TO BE TRAINED TO BE OUR FUTURE WORKERS SO THEY CAN GET OUR SHEKELS

>leftists think they can outsmart nature
You fucking retard nature is the most kike invented commie buzzword since altright
The outdoors isnt your friend, everything in nature is trying to kill you at a constant basis
All the technology man has ever built was made to overcome the cruelty of nature
The happy go bippy peaceful outdoors is the greatest lie youve ever been sold

Did you also learn about modalities (statistic modeling) in high school, or did you think niggers and jews are normal?

Or did you want to make an actual argument instead of writing out of the Saul Alinksy litany?

Attached: 1539955765737.jpg (960x720, 122K)