When the fuck did Jow Forums stop supporting the legalization of drugs...

When the fuck did Jow Forums stop supporting the legalization of drugs? Back in 2014 almost everyone on this board supported the idea.

The war on drugs only benefits drug cartels, banks who launder the money and police departments who get extra funding. If drugs were all legalized and taxed organized crime would lose their biggest source of income, drug deaths would fall (drugs would be pure = easier to dose), and gang related crime would be reduced.

Even without taking the social arguments for drug legalization into account, drug legalization would be the best option economically too. People have always used drugs, and always will. When there is no legal supply to answer to that demand, illegal supply comes in. Basic economics, supply and demand. Even prisons have drug problems, trying to get rid of drugs doesn't work. Global drug trade is worth around 1% of global GDP, it's a huge business and legalization would make all that money taxable. Trump has supported legalization in the past but of course he can't support that in public anymore because the vast majority of voters are very uninformed on this subject.

Legalizing all drugs would produce net benefits to the United States of some $65 billion a year, mostly by cutting public spending on enforcement as well as through reduced crime and corruption.
nytimes.com/2012/07/04/business/in-rethinking-the-war-on-drugs-start-with-the-numbers.html

A Harvard economist, Jeffrey Miron, estimated that ending the war on drugs would inject 76.8 billion dollars into the US economy in 2010 alone. He estimates that the government would save $41.3 billion for law enforcement and the government would gain up to $46.7 billion in tax revenue
object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/DrugProhibitionWP.pdf

Attached: Trump.png (472x471, 149K)

Other urls found in this thread:

journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0063972
journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0269881114565653
journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/0269881114568039
emmasofia.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Psychedelics-not-linked-to-mental-health-problems-or-suicidal-behavior.pdf?115a76
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24594678
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22406913
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>meme flag
>Jow Forums is one person
You know your shilling is only wasting time and money? I wonder how many hundrreds of millions of dollars have been spent by Israel trying to shill the internet in 2018. Eh, Israelis will be dead soon.

no one is against it, it's just the bulk of the population is nupol, JIDF and bots

>When the fuck did Jow Forums stop supporting the legalization of drugs?
When we got flooded with Redditors and Boomers

we still do newfag, now take that flag off, it lets me know you are from fucking reddit.
foreigners are going to insult you, get over it.

It would be better than a wall, it seems trump has gotten dumber since then though.

yeah and cletus and jamal will get their meth and crack from the corner drug store now what could go wrong? widespread social acceptance? nothing to see here. have you been to say denver? a bunch of hippie faggots smoke joints next to toddlers at fucking intersections. great society.

>better than a wall
No

I use a "meme flag" because I'm European and I feel like there is certain kind of discrimination towards Europeans on this board.

Focus on the argument, not on the poster. You are just making yourself look like the very people you're against, attacking the person behind the argument.

memeflags are just deranged people. israel, us, china, russia, uk, ect just use vpns. in conclusion trust no one not even me.

We are all zog shills and glow in the dark CIA niggers. Jow Forums is dead, user is in prison

>yeah and cletus and jamal will get their meth and crack from the corner drug store now what could go wrong?

So they would be the same thing as now while paying taxes without supporting violent drug cartels? Yeah, that seems like a bad thing

Make selling illicit narcotics carry the death penalty. Ban all import and production of alcohol. Heavily tax tobacco and sugary products. Regulate big pharma and strip doctors of their license to practice if they push pills.

Duerte didn't go far enough.

Attached: 1545882142409.jpg (345x328, 19K)

i didnt know israel considers itself european

Dude. you're a coward. Do you ever stop and think about once in your life not being a coward? Of course not. Your government is full of cowards. Netanyahu is a coward. Lieberman is a coward. Yossi Cohen is a coward. EVERY SINGLE MOSSAD AGENT IS A COWARD. The IDF WEARS FUCKING DIAPERS.

Can't wait to see israelis killed by muslims on the livestream when the war stops. Nobody is Israel's ally.

i like he included a white strawman to not seem racist

Are you a communist or why do you want to control trade of goods between two individuals? And how fucked up must you be to think that a human being doesn't own his own body?

Stupid genes confirmed. Duerte is a low iq monkey governing a bunch of low iq monkeys... You should move to his domain

It'll never happen. Drug cartels and Mexican smuggling is how the repubs distract America so they can keep the one percent happy. If the wall gets built we'll start hearing about how we need northern border wall to stop the Canadians from smuggling the evil lettuce.

>why do you want to control trade of goods between two individuals?
People are too stupid to have rights. Benevolent dictatorships are the optimal form of human governance.
America banned alcohol you slovenly degenerate faggot.

>a human being doesn't own his own body
Then why is it illegal to kill yourself? As far as the government is concerned they own you to get taxes or votes.

A wall will simply be a gigantic money pit which will not actually keep illegals out. they already go through tunnels, in boats, or in planes. If we take the away the thing which funds the cartels and criminals that make mexico shit in the first place they might start to prefer staying in mexico and not being malignant to us. All while we properly regulate and control our own addicts.

In theory I support it, but I'm hesitant of drug commercialization.
There needs to be strict regulation on how you can advertise the drugs

The best way to get nigs to kill each other and jail them is drugs. Fixing the drug issue only empowers nigs.

>we need northern border wall to stop the Canadians
This.

Legalization of drugs=no more cia funded drug wars

And no more people in prison

Yeah, for example advertising drugs should be illegal. I think advertising alcohol should be illegal too.

Just handle it the same way as tobacco products.

Lolbertarians live in a fantasy world where everyone buying meth and heroine is going to have PhDs and be making their decision after much deliberation and contemplation. Meanwhile, IN REALITY WORLD, the only people who have any desire to get high are molestation victims, prostitutes, and generally just criminals and delinquents.

Attached: Drug_war.jpg (960x718, 77K)

>a bunch of hippie faggots smoke joints next to toddlers at a fucking intersection

Your fake anecdote would be a little more convincing if weren't doing far more dangerous things like drinking alcohol or texting and driving. What do you think is more dangerous to a toddler:

Faggot smoking weed outside

or

90% of teens and young adults texting and driving all the time.

Well, if you want to live in a 3rd world shithole, go live in the Phillipines. Go see how living in a 3rd shithole suits your fancy, and if you like it, stay there.

I still support total drug legalisation! :3

Oh boy I can't wait to have a thread where degenerates masquerade their disgusting addictions and zero impulse control as libertine values

How about you shitheads go back to dropping acid and frying your retarded brains

Have you heard of Steve Jobs? Barack Obama? George Bush? Bill Clinton? Any music artist or actor ever? Those are some examples of succesful people who have used illegal drugs.

In the real world, not your fantasy one, drug use isn't limited to a certain social status, lifestyle or life experience. People from all kinds of different backgrounds use drugs.

You don't see the 90% of drug users because they aren't causing a hassle, looking like junkies or being homeless. They are regular people just like you and me, who like to use drugs every once in a while. Their drug use doesn't define their identity, it's just a small part of their lives.

Attached: drug using junkies.jpg (1996x2616, 1.1M)

Nah I just want to return to 1920s America :)

probably my biggest issue with people on the alt-right. I quit caring about what Striker had to say when he had like an audience of 3k people on the Ralph Retort and he decided to sperg out about weed. I thought we populists, not bootlickers who fall for elite, pharma propaganda. the fact that these retards think people need to be sent to camps over made me realize how out of touch a bunch of the nazi larp retards on the right are. These aren't my people unfortunately. anyone who actually respects white men wouldn't go around telling them what to do constantly. they really are no different then the jewish overlords in power now.

>downey junior
>drugs are a small part of his life
kek

Here are some facts about acid and psychedelics in general. Why do people who don't know anything of the subject always have the strongest opinions?

>21,967 respondents (13.4% weighted) reported lifetime psychedelic use. There were no significant associations between lifetime use of any psychedelics, lifetime use of specific psychedelics (LSD, psilocybin, mescaline, peyote), or past year use of LSD and increased rate of any of the mental health outcomes. Rather, in several cases psychedelic use was associated with lower rate of mental health problems.
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0063972

>Classic psychedelic use may occasion lasting improvements in mental health
>Lifetime classic psychedelic use was associated with a significantly reduced odds of past month psychological distress, past year suicidal thinking, past year suicidal planning, and past year suicide attempt
journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0269881114565653

>We failed to find evidence that psychedelic use is an independent risk factor for mental health problems
>Overall, it is difficult to see how prohibition of psychedelics can be justified as a public health measure
journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/0269881114568039
emmasofia.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Psychedelics-not-linked-to-mental-health-problems-or-suicidal-behavior.pdf?115a76

>These results indicate that when administered safely in a methodologically rigorous medically supervised psychotherapeutic setting, LSD can reduce anxiety
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24594678

>A single dose of LSD, in the context of various alcoholism treatment programs, is associated with a decrease in alcohol misuse.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22406913

We get it youre 15 and want to smoke pot. The rest of us have careers and shit to do

I thought we were populists*

Rapid crime run by the mafia? With cops being paid to protect them?

I wasn't referring to those celebrities in the picture in that sentence. I was meaning the normal average joe drug users.

>he's not doing coke with his boss on the weekends
lol how poor can you be

>America banned alcohol
For a brief period, for retarded reasons. Your brain isn't working too well. You're drawing stupid conclusions from flawed parallels... Are you drunk?

A lot of braindead Christcucks turned up here, they brought their anti-drug shit with them.

Exterminate all alcohol and narcotics users. DUTERTE 2020

>successful, intelligent people used drugs, therefore there are no drawbacks to an average person using drugs

Listen man, I use drugs but I'm not about to say that they are beneficial. They are a vice that I'm thankfully able to delay gratification with.

Banned for 12 years is not brief period my friend.

>TAKE THE FLAG OFF TAKE IT OFF RIGHT NAO SO I CAN AD HOMINUM ALL DE DAY
Eat shit, good sir.

So it seems. They support war on drugs because their God Emperor supports it, am I right my fellow MAGApedes?

these same people think cigs and booze aren't drugs though and will tell you how big of a degenerate you are while they are sloshing their words and choking down on a cancer stick.

>12 years isn't brief
Underage high schooler detected.

braindead memeflager kys

Yes it is. That is relatively brief.

Nice reddit spacing, post disregarded. I visit denver or the springs several times a year.

I'm not saying that drug use is beneficial. Drug use is more harmful when drugs are illegal.

Do you think that society should allow only things that have some real health benefits to an individuals health? Would be quite a boring and horrible place to live in.

The fuck are you talking about? No one supports prohibition except LEAs, politicians, drug dealers, pharmaceutical companies(the people who profit off it).
>memeflag
Can you newfags fuck off already? Goddamm

So would this involve the FDA verifying the content of drugs? In a sense, some drugs are already legal. Amphetamines for ADHD, Opiods for when you're in severe pain, et cetera.

So what does "legalization" truly entail?
Does it mean walking into a drug store and ordering some Amphetamines/Opiods?
I don't support bathroom chemists selling their concoctions. So clearly it's not complete "legalization" in a sense.

Aside from research chemicals, street drugs tend to be variants of pharmaceutical medications. So the real question is does "legalization" of drugs mean pharmaceuticals can sell their drugs without a doctors prescription?

>newfag accusing others of being newfags
Hilarious. It's only you retarded newfags who think flags mean anything.
>bunch of hippie faggots smoke joints next to toddlers
And a bunch of scum smoke cigarettes around babies. Smoking is a vile habit and needs to be eliminated. One type osnt worse than another.

Nothing like getting told how pot turns you into communist by someone puffing on a cigar.

Jow Forumslacks became Muslim 2018 haven’t you heard?

Suck muh dikk
Eat muh shitt

If it grows from a seed it was given to Adam and all his descendants by God.

Nice 4channel deflection. I visit your mom or your dad several times a year. If you catch my drift.

>Legalizing all drugs would produce net benefits

B-b-but how would our spy agencies [CIA] get extra money without the cocaine to sell in the Inner Cities?

What I mean by legalization is that all recreational drugs are legal to sell in legal licensed stores and that all drugs come from legal sources. You could walk into Drugmart INC, pick up a gram cocaine for example and pay for it 100% legally.

There wouldn't even be demand for any illegally produced drugs since they couldn't possibly compete with the pharmaceutical companies.

Why would anyone buy impure cocaine from a mexican dealer when they could walk into the nearest legal drug store and buy a higher quality product for cheaper?

It's illegal to kill yourself so the police can intervene before you kill yourself. If it wasn't illegal, they wouldn't be able to stop you.

Of course there need to be purity standards. That's where the danger is, buying shit that's dirty full of impurities and possibly not even what you were sold and with zero dosage information. It's why legalization with safety standards and dosage labeling is so necessary.
>does "legalization" of drugs mean pharmaceuticals can sell their drugs without a doctors prescription?
It should. No drugs should require a prescription, prescriptions should just be the doctor writing down "okay, I've identified you have this problem that needs this drug so go get it".

Does that imply legalization of enhancement too?
If drugs are freely available for people for recreational purposes, wouldn't that mean if people want an advantage they could take drugs for productive purposes?

For example, look at amphetamines. They're used to treat ADHD, however, if normal people take it they can get a performance boost. If amphetamines are freely available, wouldn't it result in a cut-throat drug culture where people use drugs to gain an advantage over others? So much so that people are even expected to use performance enhancement drugs during work lest they get fired for not being productive enough? I think looking at purely a recreational standpoint on drugs is flawed look.

>losing war on drugs
>solution is to completely give in and adopt their business practice into law
duterte plz

plebbit confirmed. also, I have 2 dads you fucking faggot.

>If it wasn't illegal, they wouldn't be able to stop you.
And they shouldn't be able to. Unless your trying to kill yourself presents a danger to others.

>No drugs should require a prescription
This may seem fine with recreational drugs for fun, but what about productive enhancement drugs?
Isn't there a potential that drugs such as amphetamines will be normalized because everyone wants to be the most productive employee?

>wouldn't it result in a cut-throat drug culture where people use drugs to gain an advantage over others?
This has already happened. The usage of amphetamine (adderall) is insanely common in colleges, 50% of college students have used adderall at least once.

Also, cocaine has been used as a perfomance enhancing drug since the 1980s

Yes, but it's not as frequent as if it was freely available in drug stores. What is now college students taking it to cram for exams will become college students taking it everyday to compete with other college students taking it everyday.

>losing war on drugs
It never should have existed. It's a completely un-American policy opposed to the interests of the citizenry.
>what about productive enhancement drugs?
What about it? If you can use drugs to be better and not fall into overuse and the problems therein then do so. That us the point of drugs.

We wuz libertarianz

Attached: 20190109_151701.jpg (1080x1142, 537K)

Except the thing about enhancement drugs is that if enough people take it, it no longer becomes a choice. People are forced to take it if they want to compete. This is different from recreational drugs. It doesn't affect me if some guy wants to smoke weed in his free time, but if I'm working a job and everyone else is taking amphetamines, I'll be forced to take amphetamines if I want to keep up with my coworkers and not get fired.

>it's not as frequent as if it was freely available in drug stores
It basically is freely available. You just have to pay for the psychiatrist appointment, they hand the scripts out like candy.

Everyone I know in my classes who takes adderall is bragging about scoring fucking ~80% on midterms for core major classes

Nicotine is a perfomance enhancing drug too, do you see every college student using nicotine? The people who want to use perfomance enhancing drugs now are already using them, adderall use is socially acceptable and it isn't seen as a real drug by the majority of people even tho it is.

Of course there would be a small surge in drug user after the legalization but it would slowly decline back to original levels. Some new people would definitely start using drugs, but whats the problem in recreational drug use?

One of the problems nowadays is the fact that many addicts don't want to go to treatment because that would make them lose their jobs/scolarships. If drugs were legal there wouldn't be that kind of stigma.

> not fall into overuse and the problems therein then do so
But that's exactly the thing.
With amphetamines it's so easy to overuse them for productive enhancement and burnout your own body.

Nicotine is hardly as effect as amphetamines
>inb4 caffeine, that too is not that effective
Furthermore, I'm not talking about recreational.
I'm talking about an essential performance enhancing drug arms race where people constantly take as much drugs they can to perform at the peak even if it costs them their physical health.

Most of /us/ came to our senses.
And those who didn't went to plebbit
/thread/

That's an exaggeration, they're actually very strict.
If that was the case why would anyone use crystal meth?

Your argument valid but let me give you an analog (kinda).Think about people who go to the gym. Steroids and testosterone is widely available, and the police doesn't give a fuck if you use them (at least in the US). Everybody who goes to a gym to exercise knows a person who sells steroids.

Does everybody who goes to gym use steroids? No. Because majority of people don't go to gym to become the best, strongest and most fit guy. They want to do it naturally

Not everyone would want to try to be the absolutely fucking best employee. To many people, their jobs aren't their lives. They do what they are required and arent perfectionists.

Crystal meth is a lot stronger stimulant and it isn't generally used as a "smart drug". That's like comparing codeine to heroin

The difference in your analogy is that most people don't become fit as a career path. Body builders who earn money from getting fit have a much high incentive than regular people because it's their job.
When money is on the line people will use performance enhancement drugs. Look at that all the doping scandals in professional sports.

can someone explain the difference between LSD/Mushrooms to, say, weed? only ever had weed a handful of times, and I liked it, honestly. it makes me notice shit I'm not supposed to notice.

Methamphetamine and Amphetamine are very similar. I believe Methamphetamine is just more neurotoxic and people ingest in ways that accelerates absorption (smoking) as opposed to orally when you take Amphetamine pills.

You don't take LSD/Mushrooms to have fun or get high.
You do it because you want to go on a trip into the bowels of your mind.

The careers in which you are required to overperform and give your absolute 100% are in the minority of jobs. In jobs like that stimulant use is already popular, take IT for example. Stims are very popular among restaurant workers too.

Amphetamine as a drug isn't even that "strong", the addiction is mainly psychological and lethal overdoses are very rare. Even if the legalization caused a rise in amphetamine use among people who work at jobs like that, the issues would be very slim compared to the benefits of legalization.

There are very few people who want to use drugs but dont because they are illegal

>You do it because you want to go on a trip into the bowels of your mind

...I'm not sure if I want to go there, honestly. I've got just a few too many insecurities. last thing I need are Slanneshi demons coming out of the walls.

LSD and mushrooms are completely different than weed. They dissolve your ego which gains you a 3rd person view of your own thoughts and life. The effects are impossible to explain since there are no words for them.

On psychedelics you feel like you were a child. Everything seems new, you notice small things you didn't before, you become curious. The nature of time changes, your thought patterns changes, you might feel emotions that you didn't know even existed.

Attached: brain connection.jpg (938x575, 405K)

Bro sooooooo many boomers. Does anyone have the screenshot from reddit where all the boomers are talking about how complicated Jow Forums is to use? OMG why do I still come here I'm only 24.

Have you ever taken amphetamines yourself?
Taking too much, it increases your heart rate. I once took too much and it felt like my heart was going to burst out of my chest, I'm pretty sure you can easily overdose on amphetamines if you're stupid.

Honestly, I think this is a situation of "grass is always greener on the other side". I don't think you truly appreciate the ramifications of full complete legalization of all drugs, but simply see it as an alternative superior to the current status quo. However, is evidently clear that legalization isn't going to be some minor reform. I think it will result in a complete transformation of our society, whether for the better or worse won't be known until that transformation is complete.

I mean after all, look at obesity. Something as simple as eating food and keeping a healthy weight, so many people fuck that up. It's hard to believe people will be responsible with drug use.

I have. Contrary to popular belief, amphetamine isn't a drug you can easily die of.

It does increase your heart rate which is the worst side effect of it. Heart attacks from amphetamine rarely occur to healthy people, they are usually the result of exercising/running while having a heart condition.

>USFDA-commissioned studies from 2011 indicate that in children, young adults, and adults there is no association between serious adverse cardiovascular events (sudden death, heart attack, and stroke) and the medical use of amphetamine or other ADHD stimulants.