My roomate got a job offer in califorina at a start up company in Silicon Valley...

My roomate got a job offer in califorina at a start up company in Silicon Valley. I keep warning him but he is downplaying how expensive it is to live there, any Califags care to shed some light on what he can expect? He thinks the tax there is a meme online...

Anyone have a update of the Cali map that is better then pic related?

Attached: 1482706422046.jpg (970x1047, 276K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gasbuddy.com/GasPriceMap?z=4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>downplaying expenses

translation: he plans to start fights with people who don't let him sleep in their homes for free

Rent is 1-2k+ depending on how close to SF you are and taxes are 1/3 of your paycheck roughly

go back to r*ddit you fucking faggot

If he’s in a start up he should have easily negotiated a 100k plus salary, that’s enough to live easy and comfortably. My monthly expenses were about 2.5k when I lived in San Francisco.

He can just live in San Jose and commute on the Caltrain. A 750$ room for rent is easy there.

Why not show him some listing of rentals on Craigslist and other sites? Show him gasoline prices (if he's ever going to drive), pricing for electricity, gas, water and other utilities. Show him rampant homeless population growth in every major city of California.

>california
>startup
>silicon valley
talk about red flags

>I’m too stupid to use the internet. Can someone do it for me?
No. Take your gay thread to

Just let him do it. If he so brainwashed as to think CA is a good option he'll enjoy himself for at least a few years. But that time he will either wake up or his brain will rot.

I rented a 160sqft studio for $1100 in Santa Clara. It was the cheapest place I could find.

>160
>sq
>ft
>for
>1100
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

510 bay area here, Its hell for people who are redpilled and most of us cant wait to get the fuck outta here . The biggest advice I can give anyone who wants to move here is dont. The diversity experiment failed badly and this shithole is proof it. Human garbage and degeneracy everywhere

7.5% sales tax on anything.
About 1/3rd of your paycheck goes to taxes.
Expect to spend half of your remaining check on rent.
Gas is always $3+ a gallon
LOTS of homeless that beg and cause minor property damage and petty theft
Restaurants are pricey and servers expect massive tips, even though they cant legally get paid less than state min wage.

gasbuddy.com/GasPriceMap?z=4

This

It’s not a meme, sales tax alone is 10%

Everything costs more in general.

>$750 room

Fuggggg

Attached: 45332911-4E8C-4FBD-B4EF-401E0B0B3A50.png (420x420, 202K)

I lived in the Silicon Valley and paid about 2600 for an 800 square foot apartment. With utilities it came up to about 2800/month - not including internet. I made about 116,000/year. You’ll never be able to own but you’ll be able to live comfortably in an apartment your whole life. If you enjoy being around Indian and Chinese men with women who expect you to foot the bill for their lifestyle, go ahead

Thats on new cars. General sales tax is 7.25/7.5% I believe. Also car registration is insanely expensive for trucks and higher end vehicles like 400+ a year

In LA it’s 10%

That is insane he believes its just a state tax and it is heavily overblown. He thinks cause he is in Silicon Valley it will even out. He did say his rent for a 1 bdr studio would be 2k a fucking month.

Fuck off you stupid nigger, kill yourself
He has seen the rentals, he is downplaying it cause he thinks he is going to save money by working from home for the first 3 months. I dont know his starting pay but doubt its 100k unless that is normal for network engineers
I told him this but its a stsrt up working with Cisco so cant be too bad...right?

Tell him to move to Florida.
At least the companies we have here are continually productive.

We are a family of 4 going on 5, we are poor. We live in a rich coastal county, but since we are Americans and not farm workers we qualify for no aid.

Ah shit, sorry I'm from 530.
I am currently renting in oregon because of the camp fire and no sales tax is amazing. Rebuying all my stuff here has saved me like 700 easy.

Where would you go? We're in 831 and theres homeless everywhere, and now we're starting to get muslims. My family is easily the only white people around.

That is what disturbs me about the Valley. You can make 200k/yr and be poor simply because there are so many needy who love living among people with 200k/yr to tax.

It he truly got a job at a startup and they have venture funding, then yeah he could be making low 6 figures. Working from home isn't going to save you shit other than gasoline cost and/or public transit cost. Whatever let him go and try to make it out there, if he isn't a die-hard leftist he's not gonna like it out there.

Go fuck yourself, I wpuld much rather post on here, better then shitty fucking black threads.

Hes more in line with old school democrats and thinks Cali is not as bad in Silicon Valley as LA. I think he is walking into a really shitty situation.

Like I said he is nore of a old school democrat but shills so fucking hard for climate change and dislikes Trump and republicans. He acts like devil advocate but leans heavily liberal. He avtually thinks he will get annoyed with most of Cali cause he is not as far left as most Cali fags are
Man he us fucked, he is working as a network engineer but its a start up company that works with Cisco so I dunno how vunerable he is to getting fucked over and laid off.

LOL he is moving out of Florida to Cali. I would never do that honestly, I'll stick with this shit hole over that even more of a shit hole that is Cali.

Hes not a hardcore leftist but he is super bluepilled, he loves guns but hates republicans and Trump. SUPER advocate for climate change and how we are destroying the earth.l but not too obnoxious about it.

It's bad because when hes squeezed in a little apartment or house, he will be surrounded by Mexicans and other brown people that dont speak English or blacks and wont hesitate to steal his shit or take advantage of him in any way.

Lmao at Oceanside being classified

big paycheck big bills big government big inequality big population big city
>legal weed
There are states with much lower taxes but they have puritans who will lock you up for ten years for getting high. LA and San Diego are much more conservative than SF ultra-libs.
>The state is another country, completely different from rest of USA. Constitution + Bill of rights don't apply here.

usually on fire = old money paradise

republicans = new money jew gooks

Cisco is hemorrhaging money, they laid off a lot of their employees several years ago and haven't announced any big stuff. Cisco is an old company stuck in the past, they are trying to branch out and fund startups, but they will drop any project if they don't see any viability in it and in short notice too. Also your friend is retard to think silicon valley is not as liberal as LA, they are equally retarded leftist liberals.

>He thinks cause he is in Silicon Valley it will even out.
It will. Rent sucks for sure, but assuming he's a single dude not supporting a family, his salary should be ample enough put away money each month to savings.
And Silicon Valley has its stereotypes, some of which are certainly true, but it's still a desireable place to live.

Hes Brazilian so he will fit in with the rest of the monkeys, also he doesnt like the new Brazillian president, should tell you where he stands politically.

Remember its a start up company that works with Cisco, he is not actually working at Cisco. I just dunno how the ratio is with stsrt up companies that fail in Silicon Valley is.

He is single and no kids so he might not be as bad off as we all think but I have a bad feeling for moving from florida to Cali and betting on a start up company. Its a big gamble since he works in corporate here in Florida

Meh, no real risk moving to from corporate to take a startup job. If he was supporting a family, yeah, that might not be wise. But lots of opportunities in Silicon Valley if the startup gig falls through.

The natural beauty in norcal is really something too. The national parks, Rockies, wine country and the coast are amazing. Such a shame its ruined by politics.

I've been looking at nevada and texas. Housing markets are cheap and I want something with a big plot of land.

>Rockies

Attached: IMG-20180607-WA0021.jpg (886x578, 31K)

Rocky mountains. Think tahoe.