How do i avoid wageslavery. it seems like hell and my time and freedom is are what really make me happy...

how do i avoid wageslavery. it seems like hell and my time and freedom is are what really make me happy. i would want to spend these things on the people i love and the things i love to do (read,write, learn new things). what can i do.

Attached: wage slavery avoid.jpg (1450x3200, 945K)

Become a total minimalist
Learn how to be self sufficient
Join a commune
Turn your hobbies into income
Don't get yourself in a ton of debt and monthly expenses
Find a job that pays over 25$ an hour, save up and buy a house out right asap

>total minimalist
>self sufficient
tell me about this

Work for yourself then. It's a LOT tougher of a lifestyle, believe me, but if you are one of the crazy few that are adamant about your freedom that much, go for it.

don't follow me you faggot. i am desperate and terrified

grow up

Learn how to eat meals that cost less than a dollar (as per portions). Learn to settle for 'good enough.' Learn to settle for 'just enough.'

Minimalism is basically not consuming in excess. Don't buy a lot of furniture or useless electronics, keep your wardrobe very small (1 pair of shoes, 2 pairs of pants, 5 shirts and a sweater kind of thing), keep your bills to a minimum and don't take loans out, also don't buy useless stuff you don't actually need. Write down exactly what you use on a daily basis and get rid of every other expense. This is a great way to save money and purchase a house or land in a much shorter amount of time than expending 80% of your monthly income on things you don't really need. Learn how to cook if you can't, buying groceries is way cheaper than eating out all the time.

Being self sufficient is much easier if you have land to work with and your own house, grow your own foods, use wood heating and fire to cook your food, learn basic sewing and learn how to repair your clothing for maximum longevity and learn basic carpentry or mechanics to keep your stuff working smooth, also hunting is great because it not only gives you food, but pelts and excess you can trade or sell.

I used to spend so much money on useless shit, then I realized I wasn't getting anywhere and couldn't save more than 500$. I stopped doing expensive and stupid activities (like going out drinking or shopping), cut my credit card up and started making due with what I have, now I can save waaaaaay more money and in like 4-5 years I expect I should be debt free and have enough money to get my own land.

Also, making more than minimum wage helps, if you don't have education I would recommend getting into like bartending or sales with high commissions. It's way easier to save when your monthly expenses are like 40% or less of your monthly income.

Have you actually tried it.. It's a lot easier then it sounds.

I'm way more content with my life now that I'm working compared to when i was NEET

>Join a commune
>Turn your hobbies into income
very bad advice

Downscale your life to what you actually need to survive and what you need to be happy. (minimalist+hobbies)
Move out of any city, settle for a small town. Get a low/mid level simple job. Buy a cheap small house. Learn how to fix it yourself the best you can. Plant a garden, learn seasonal crops.

I did this and haven't had a job in 8 years now. It can be a lot of work sometimes, but it's for my own place and life so it feels so rewarding.

What are your plans for retirement? What happens if you need medical care?

>wageslavery
>falling for the wage meme
Dude, being in a good company with a wage beats having shitty performance pay any day of the week.
>Steady hours
>Work insurance
>Benefits
>Retirement fund bonus
>Parental leave
Me and my wife are both wage-cucks and we can't wait to get 2 kids back to back and lay off of work for the next 2 years and get that sweet dough.
Learn2System.

Commissioned work is real tough nowadays, people hate commission junkies (and generally always have), and especially hate it because most people bring 'an expert' they know in things, in my experience-- especially true for tech and automotive.

The first one yes, the second one no unless you have shitty hobbies.
And a commune for some people may be perfect, if you're into living off the land and having a fully functioning community of people who all have a job and a place or they get kicked out.
Some people couldn't deal with it though, it's hard work and becomes a total way of life.

Seconded.
Might as well live a Kazinsky lifestyle at that point.

I planned, worked and saved for this for 12 years. and I live in a country with universal healthcare.

>two years
Oh, sweetie...

>not living in the US
Here's the ish, boss, the US is fucked up. Not just 'well min wage barely covers min living' fucked up, but like 'if you try to go off the grid the government will make sure it's as hard as possible.' Constant costs, constant regulation, and of course, anytime something happens in the area everyone just rides your shit.

I've never heard of this working almost anywhere NA except with communes. Even in Canada it can be stupid tough despite UHC

>planned
>12 years
You did it right. OP just wants all this without putting any effort in.
>universal healthcare
See if OP doesn't have this available living your lifestyle could turn out to be troublesome.

That's true for sure, but sometimes you can luck out get a commissioned job for business to business sales, those tend to be pretty relaxed and pay very well.

Selling to the general public is fucking horrible, shit takes a toll on most people and they become sad and resentful. Wouldn't recommend it at all.

Alright, my bad. Hope things get a bit smoother to live as you want.
Practice minimalism still is good advice though. can save tons of money you can spend on fun times

I mean, selling to the general public has done nothing but piss them off in my lifetime and I'm 27, I've never seen it 'work' as much as just make people be tired of salespeople and want them to go away so it can be quiet for once. Y'know?

In all honesty I'd say something like warehouse work is better-- still no reqs for entry, still soul-crushing, but not commissioned and you don't generally deal with a whole lot of people.

>UHC unavailable
It pretty much makes user's idea bullshit, because med expenses in the US will run four to five digits without even getting into 'preventing permanent amputation' or something-- so for them, especially when they're doing all their own work like you are, it's actually probably a worse idea to try and strike out as they'll end up with a lot of responsibility and accountability but nothing to really fall back on.

The US is a well-oiled economic machine and it does not appreciate investments that do not continue to contribute to that, doing its best to make them obsolete. You know?

I dont know where you live, but where I live it's rare warehouse workers make more than 18$ an hour, most warehouses here pay 12-15$ an hour.
Unless you take special courses to operate heavy machinery.
Carpentry makes pretty good money but it's usually temporary and you need skills. Granted those skills can help in the long run.

Skills > no skills anyway as money goes, since any asset off of which you can profit is pretty much part of the portfolio after that point. The point was that warehouse work is generally easy to get into (around here anyway).
I'd talk wages but it's not going to mean much without knowing local markets, like, 18$ an hour is pretty solid where I am but it won't get you high living, but back in my old hometown 18$/hr would be pretty high earning and would net you a very cushy lifestyle even if you like takeout and expensive toys.

It's more just a thought for OP because they don't want to be a wageslave, which I assume means avoiding most things in retail where you catch 99% of the wageslave bullshit without fail. Warehouse work isn't much better but you should be above min wage and at least your work isn't swiping shit through a register until you get early carpal tunnel syndrome.

>expending 80% of your monthly income on things you don't really need
I spent 60% on paying rent, how is that something I don't need?

>I don't want a job that earns someone else more money
Look into learning a trade and becoming self employed, you work when you want to and who you want to work for, keep in mind that you turning down work means eating tinned cereal for the rest of the month.

Alternatively do the above and look into minimal living and live off the grid ("preppers" have a lot of resources for this), your trade can give you knowledge/connections/resources to rig up your water via ram pump/dry toilet/solar power and you can use your spare time to tend to your property, food and animals. Also look into buying land with a running stream if you're going for the infinite free* water via ram pump option.
You won't have a great deal of luxuries, but you will be close to self reliant, minimal costs and the knowledge that you did it yourself.

If you're not socially capable, weak willed and stupid, look into living in a commune where you can enjoy things like:
sharing a room with 2 strangers who shower twice a week
cliques forming and they vote you out when one of the group finds a friend they would rather live there than you
sharing costs for things you didn't ask for, want or paying repair bills for things you didn't break and don't use
looking after other peoples' kids when they go to work and being expected to deal with each kid as their parents would (you will never get this right)
arbitrary rules
eating the same meal as everyone else that considered Dave's lactose intolerance, Jenny's peanut allergy and half the group's vegan dietary requirements.

Ouch. I think he was after things like cigarettes, brand clothing, junk food, frozen meals, etc.

I live in Canada and living here is crazy expensive. We pay really high taxes, we pay more for literally everything and just living expenses in general are through the roof in most places. Where I live right now 18$/hr is poverty, most factory jobs here are full of immigrants trying to scrape by. I've lived in a few places where factory would put you on the lower end of the income spectrum, but would def have you better off than minimum wage.
Most minimum wage here is between 12-15$/hr

And I don't mean like check out counter retail, I mean like serious sales. I've known people that work for companies that sell tech to small companies or other things along those lines and they can clear like 70-150k a year. Which in Canada is pretty impressive.
If you can manage a job like that for like 5 years you can save enough money to do whatever with to get you out of the rat race.
Like yeah, sales is sales and it sucks especially bad in that scale because you have to make personal relationships with clients, but if there's an end in sight, it's easier to deal with.

Find a cheaper apartment or find a better paying job. I went from spending almost 50% of my income on rent to spending about 25% and I am literally way less stressed just because of that.
Sure I downgraded a little bit but I realized I was paying for space I don't need and wasn't even using.