Dating someone with autism

from what She has told me and What her parents have told me she just has shit social skills and lacks trust , but when she gets over the initial stage of trust and shit she is a normal 18 year old girl who just has a few teddies in her room , we have been dating for about a month now and iv had to do most of the talking when we do go on dates form buying the tickets to see a film to picking her up in my car becasue she didnt want to wait at a bus stop and talk to a bus driver

just need some advice annons

she meeting my parents tomorrow and she is stressed as fuck any advice ??

Attached: Screenshot_20180824-175046.jpg (720x1280, 226K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=cOYBT_skccI&t=7s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Does she really have autism or she just has shit social skills and is afraid of talking or being exposed to people and shields under the label?

nah she was diagnosed last year so she had a late dignostic she has teddies and has toys like a little kid

Her parents told me when you go for a meal let her chose where to sit and stuff

she might not know how to tell you she’s angry or how to say no to people. you can see how that might go.

Ok , well shes just coming over for home made pizza told my parents about her and they understood i just think they are happy to see there only son happy aswell

that’s good. can i have a slice?

sure annon shes been doing it years its a art form

Her parents made her think she has a problem. I dated a girl like that once. Just beware that if her parents are able to control hat much if her life, they can easily get rid of you if they decide they don’t like you

this is also good advice from experience. power corrupts

Oh no she sees a a counsellor and iv been with her when she has a episode she aslo did a autism test with me and again she got a high score and i got like 3 / 40 there is no doubt she has autism

I think were not in a stage of understanding the brain where we can absolutely say anything.

also that was the least important part of what that user was cautioning against.

Yeah the whole "get rid of you" part again idk they seems like nomral people

Autism is just a highly masculine brain. You quite literally are dating a man in a woman's body.

Sir I diagnose you as a confirmed homosex. I recommend getting fucked in the ass at least twice a week. Watch out for that AIDS tho

what makes you think normal people are necessarily okay???

ok. there’s no chance anything will go wrong. dont keep your wits about you.

>comes on Jow Forums for advice
>gets told hes dateing a guy and her parents are cray cray

Parents are full of shit but I mean, dude, you're really gonna fuck her up if this all falls apart which it probably will.

regrets

I suspect my girlfriend has Aspergers. She deals with similar things as the person you are dating. However she can talk to people decent enough granted she still gets bad anxiety. Her voice is monotone, it’s painful for her to give eye contact to people she doesn’t know, and she isn’t aware of how she appears to people. She could look very sad or angry and not even realize that’s how she looks.

Yet, she’s the sweetest most loyal angel I know. Not a mean bone in her body. You have to realize user autism is a social disorder and nothing more. With that said I suggest learning all the things you can about autism. The condition is fairly well documented now and you can easily find tons of articles about it.

Learn what makes people with autism upset and try to see through their eyes. This will help you keep her safe. Another thing, tell your parents. Try and make them understand what she could be going through l, I’m sure they are understanding. It’s best not to make her seem as if she’s special in anyway. Autism isn’t that big of a deal anyway.

Let me warn you user. If you decide to be in a relationship for an extended amount of time. It can ware on you. At least it has for me. After dealing with it for awhile conversations can become irritating and tiresome. They are anxious to do new things and will need a lot of help growing. Remind yourself that it’s just her condition and try and be understanding.

Escape before you get tangled. No person on the autistic spectrum is a good partner.

Ok thanks i do know a little about the condision myself And as i said iv told my parents about her and told them if she walks off dont feel like she is being rude she just needs time to ajust , She has told me she has never met anyone like me becasuye i treat her like a nomral person thanks for the info anyway annon would be cool if we could talk and stuff

Well there's a difference between legit autism and weird people who are diagnosed with autism.

>be cool if we could talk and stuff

I’ve read a lot about the condition and was one of the first in the thread. Couldn’t respond fast enough cuz I’m at work. I’m def going to stay here until thread 404s

My gf is def lower on the spectrum than yours, not trying to be a dick or anything it’s just yours is going to have different symptoms. Try and read up on what all of them are and then identify them in your gf. Be prepared because there are a lot of potential fucking symptoms, some more obvious than others. Once you can pin them down it’s a matter of trying to remedy them and make her feel comfortable.

Believe it or not you can cure a lot of autism symptoms to the point where they are almost neurologically identical to most people.

Here is a video of a girl diagnosed with autism. You can see that she really isn’t all that different from an average joe.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=cOYBT_skccI&t=7s

>this whole post

What?

yeah my gf is aslo quite low on it aswell just when shes around new people

Yeah autistic people struggle with new things wayyy more than average