ITT: ask the opposite gender anything

GUIDELINES:
Before you post a question, check the FAQ to see if it's already been answered.
Keep questions short for more answers.
If you're not going to like honest answers, don't ask your question.
And please no derailing arguments.

FAQ:
>Do girls/guys like ?
>What do girls/guys think about
There is no one answer. Preferences differ, but complexes are always a turn-off.

>I'm shy and afraid of people/rejection. What do I do?
Get over it by practising and exposing yourself to it, little by little, step by step. There is no single magical moment that will instantly change you forever.

>I like someone. What do I do?
>How can I tell if someone likes me?
Ask them out.

>Where do I meet girls/guys?
Anywhere outside. Or online.

>Someone did something insignificant. What does it mean?
Nothing significant. You're overthinking it.

>XYZ happened. Interpret this for me please
We're not in their head, we don't know.

>This person did something that hurt my feelings. Why do guys/girls do this?
Because shit people are shit people. It's not a gendered thing.

>Someone has made it super clear they're no longer interested in me. Do I still have a chance?
No.

>Where do I go on a first (or subsequent) date?
Pick one or more of the following: coffee, lunch, dinner, drinks, ice cream, movies, zoo, aquarium, museum, art gallery, .

>I'm a bad partner, tell me I'm not.
No.

Attached: 1536039377205s.jpg (250x161, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zphUt_tp898
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>go on 5 dates with a girl over a space of 2 months
>always chatting non-stop, usually has to rush to get the last train as we talk a lot
>almost no contact via texting, takes her 24/48 hours to reply and generally get very short answers if I'm talking about anything apart from setting up a date
>try to set up a date at the end of July, tells me she can't and she's going to be very busy so she'll let me know
>no message for 5 weeks

She's gone, right?

Gone like water in the desert.

There is this girl who works with me at my job and I sometimes catch her looking at me. She has hit me twice intentionally and smiles at me when she did that. What does it mean when a girl does this? In terms of hitting me. I have never been in a relationship before and am horrible at catching stuff like this?

Attached: IMG_8396.gif (500x381, 234K)

So question aimed at femanons, but anons are welcome too.
>How many years is too many years apart for you to date someone seriously?
I'm smitten with a woman 7 years my senior and she cares for me too, but she's looking to settle down and have kids right as soon as now. So she keeps rejecting my advances. She says she doesn't want to steal my youth from me by having kids so early. Now I get where she's coming from. I don't want kids at 21 exactly, but if there was anyone I was gonna have kids with god damn if it wasn't her. I just need some opinions on what I should do here folks

Attached: 1476322037907.png (495x720, 804K)

>randomly remember the name of the girl everyone wanted to date in middle school
>get curious about how she looks now
>search for her online
>unsurprisingly, find her Instagram
>used to be a 9/10 at that age
>looks average now
*shrugs*
What do you think?

Attached: 39599275_314341255981056_8150326238074896384_n.jpg (640x640, 356K)

I think you might be into lolis m8

I don't get it. She is 30 now. We were in the same class. I (and every boy in this class) was attracted to her at the time.

It's not terribly uncommon for that sort of thing happened m8. It's the same as how some people look pretty bad during highschool and then once they get out they transform into this entirely different looking person, just in reverse.

That’s the gap between my parents, works for them. Of course, my mother didn’t start having kids until her mid 30s, where it sounds like this girl’s ready to go.
But as much as her not wanting to steal your youth, you’ve gotta realise you also risk stealing her chance. That clock’s ticking, and waiting is one thing if you know you’re with the right guy, but what if it turns out you’re not him? You could potentially take her last good years and fuck off to someone new no worse for wear.

TL;DR BELOW

this question isn't particularly aimed at a gender but Idk where to ask this. It wouldn't be worthy a new thread
>be in LDR (we already met up irl)
>asked him last year to send something for Christmas
>he still hasn't done it and regardless he never sent me a gift while I sent some birthday cards over the years and even a large gift he loves (we've been friends for many years and together for maybe one, it just somehow happened)
>keep reminding him of the "Christmas" request
>he wrote a letter which he never finished and probably won't in 63453736 years
>tell him a card and something tiny like a bracelet or so would have been more than enough

All I want is that he does something thoughtful and having an item from him would probably make me feel really nice every time I see it. My god, even s pen or a sea shell with a background story would be awesome. I never get gifts from anything, this would have been so special.
(I'm sorry this is getting really long)

Long story short:
His birthday will be in two weeks and I'm planning on not sending anything. I was going to send a portrait drawing of us but he's also a workaholic who barely talked to me for the past month or even two.
I ordered myself a pair of earrings as a gift for myself on Amazon and even wasted money on getting it wrapped up as a gift. I thought of ignoring that it's his birthday and instead I'll tell him how excited I am about the gift to myself and send a picture. I told him several times that I might as well send myself postcards if he's never going to do it. So yeah I'm hoping for him to be baffled and feel guilty 2bh.

>tl;dr: I'm planning on gifting myself on the birthday of my workaholic thoughtless LDR and rub it into his face because he can't even stick a stamp on a Christmas card and might not get this done within the next century.

The question is whether I should go ahead and be a bitch or just tell him happy birthday and tell him what I had in mind

terribly sorry for this long post, I suck at this
Just read the tl;dr below

Yeah, her inner workings are a bit more complicated than most. She's been told that the best shot of her having a kid is before 30 so that's why she's in such a rush. She wants to be a mother like no other. As far as I know you've got a great point. I could just be some fucking idiot kid that she wastes her last few fertile years on. I wanna argue that I find it hard to believe that mr.right is gonna pop up and in less than 2 years and that she'll be married and have a kid (along with the kid she wants to get hitched), but what to do I know. Her getting with me is definitely a bigger risk for her than for me. I'd legit want to die if I knew she couldn't have kids because of me. God damn dude just I want to be the one that makes her the great mom I know she's gonna be

Attached: 1485834054836.jpg (500x378, 67K)

Is really hard to be in a relationship when you fell the other part isn't putting the same effort that you.

In the past I have ignored that and I just continued putting my best, including keeping giving gifts fully knowing that she won't give me shit.

I did it for myself, to feel good knowing I'm the better person, but honestly sometimes I wish I didn't.

Anyway, my advice is that just wish him a Happy Birthday and leave it at that.

5 dates and you still didnt make a move? It's a miracle you got past 3

Im not a gross person, I workout, shower, brush my teeth, etc., but Im wondering if there are any other things I can do to make myself more pleasant to be around?

what do you notice about other guys that you like? the way they dress, smell, conduct themselves, maybe things they have, snacks they eat, small things like that. or big things are welcome too

Attached: 1490410715963.png (1080x1349, 3.33M)

thank you for your reply user

I think in my case one of the issues is that everyone has their own way to handle things and show affection. I asked for a gift because I really wanted one, even if it was just a postcard. I left it up to him what he was going to send because it would have been a lot nice than telling him what to send. But this doesn't work, he tried writing a letter and he is just terrible with writing long stuff. And now he doesn't know how to finish it but will probably never send
Argh, I still check the mailbox every day just to get disappointed and I keep telling him to send it already even when it's not finished.
I'm sorry for the blogpostgling, I just don't want to annoy anyone I know or talk bad about him to people.

Going back to your ex is never a good idea, right?

why the fuck is my boyfriend such a jew

>be me 20 no job
>in college full time
>using savings for expenses
>typically shower bf with small gifts/surprises that aren’t even too expensive, just thoughtful

>be my bf 20, has job
>spends absolutely no money
>lives in dorm, parents pay for college
>fiscallyresponsible.jpg
>never gives me small tokens of appreciation like i do
>hint occasionally at small items i want
>never does anything nice for me

it costs about $20 for me to stay with him on weekends bc parking garage, and he never offers to help pay it. it’s getting to the point where i don’t think i can visit him weekly because my cash is running low while he has a shit ton saved up

i’m getting really irritated. if i had a job and didn’t pay for anything in my life i would shower my girl with dinners/nice surprises etc

i don’t even think it’s a materialistic thing here, i just feel disrespected that i’m doing all this for him (while being completely broke) and he’s not doing a damn thing for me

what do Jow Forums ?

Attached: E3DCCC5C-111B-42C9-A44E-6C60B97BAA0E.jpg (480x360, 38K)

I was under the impression one only paid whores for sex. Unless of course you're saying you are one.

You tell him, you dolt. There is a 1% chance he has any idea something is wrong. He's completely oblivious to any problem you might have with the way he acts. He's not going to change unless you tell him how you feel. You're not out of bounds to feel the way you do. He's a dense mother fucker for not realizing he needs to chip in in a relationship. It's never fair for one side to be pulling all the financial weight, whether it's the man or woman.

Tell him you're tired of having to pay for everything just to come see him, and that you do nice things for him but he never does nice things for you, and you're fed up with it. See what he says from there. He'll probably be shocked and apologetic, and say he had no idea he was doing something wrong.

In any case, his reaction will steer you in the direction of what to do: work it out with him or leave him/

i don’t want flat out cash or even shit like that, i just feel disrespected that i’m doing nice things for him and he isn’t reciprocating

nothing to do with sex

more of a “is this person treating me right” type of thing

I know I just saw an opportunity and had to take it.

Lmao you sound like me () just with money issues on top of that
I feel for you senpai

On another note but kind of also referring to this issue.
Is something wrong with me if I get really upset about things but then after I calmed down I can't seem to see any reason to complain (this applies to many things in my life such as arguing with family members). I myself don't understand why I was upset anymore after I've calmed down. Even when I was in the right or was truthfully been wronged. Everything just feels alright then.
Maybe it's because my brain doesn't want to be put into a stressful situation anymore when things are going alright again.
Please don't say it's apathy.

Does anyone experience the same?

thinking about posting this pic in a discord server what yall think yes or no? female opinions take priority.

Attached: DSC_1098.jpg (2304x1536, 1.07M)

"sod off Nickelback"

When a girl falsely accuses you for harassment, what can you do to defend yourself in this metoo age (ie. ppl automatically assumes the girl is telling the truth)?

I have literally never posted anything besides memes and cheese & crackers on discord.

In what context? Also is this (pretty understandable) paranoia or have you already been accused?

some girls might hit you playfully, say on the arm, to flirt with you or make physical contact

it depends on the other signs too tho, she could just be a friendly person who likes physical contact

Some bitch at the office doesn't like me and reported me for harassing her and another girl. I am socially awkward and she is outgoing, likeable and witty. I have absolutely no chance of winning this. Maybe I should just resign inside of getting fired?

Be professional, take it up with hr, gather evidence to support your side. Depending on the legality consider trying to get a recording of her admitting it's a lie. Maybe try and guilt the other girl into speaking up.

Alright what you think of my appearance is it unsightly?

Girls, I'm almost 31 and never had a gf. If you accept me, I'll be the most loving bf you've ever had (because it would be a novelty for me). Wouldn't that be good?

I think for 30 she still looks great. About as good as you could expect.
If you've ever heard the expression "Men age like wine: Women age like age", it's a gross sexist, exaggeration, but still one that has a tiny grain of truth in it. Meanwhile I know plenty of once 10/10 knockouts that looked like walking corpses by the time they were 25.

Hit her up, see how it goes.Chances are she's still the same person underneath.

I asked a girl out twice via text. She responded a couple of days after the last one saying "I thought I replied, but I've been busy doing other things." I just wanted to stay neutral so I said "Oh I didn't know what kind of schedule you had, I've had a busy few weeks myself!" That was sunday and I have had no response. What should I do?

Not a grill, but you sound like you would be a door mat and boring.
These are the two worst things a guy can be, women pick abusive over this.

I got a good look at myself in the mirror recently and realized I'm pretty hot. What can I do to have some kind sexual relationship with a girl who will be willing to put up with past trauma related to sex?

Either she is actually busy or she is avoiding you. I think it's the latter, sorry user

But if you think of trying something. Think of how conversations flow. There is nothing to respond to of you say you were busy too. Ask her questions, take an interest. But if she's going to let you talk while she gives you one word replies, drop her.

You look unhappy and with your hair you remind me of Nickelback.
But if you looked happier and more groomed you'd unirocally look like Toby Regbo. Looks a bit twinkish maybe but as a girl I can tell you that I don't mind this type of look. Some like it, some don't

Guys with big dicks, what do you do with it in your pants? Does it get in the way? Doesn't it hurt stuffing into tight pants?
>Am I the only one that wonders these sorts of things?

That's a big old fat rejection.

I have to wear thick boxers and always, and forever, jeans.

>putting all this effort in to a fake relationship with someone who hasn’t even spoken to you in 2 months

In my experience most people develop their spending habits from their parents. It shapaes what they perceive as being healthy normal. So you're thinking he's a Jew because he doesn't spend like you do, and he's thinking you're a negro because he doens't save like he does. Especially when you buy him gifts, he'd probably believe that's utterly retarded, even counterproductive, he already was into you for just your sexy little body, and sexy mind alone. Like you're trying to buy his love.

So yeah sit down and talk about your expectations. I suspect that if you really want to just feel appreciated he could probably think of scratch that particular itch without needing to compromise bigly n a strongly imbedded behavior, if not a core personality component. You be surprised too learn he's only thinking long term. Be tighter than a fishes asshole now. Have the money to treat you like a princess later.

No arguments with the travel costs though, that should absolutely be shared. Split it 50/50, or one of you just move.

Being irresponsible with your savings if your choice. How the hell are you complaining that you’ve got a guy who knows how to save and set himself up for the future? Grow up.

He's probably not all that aware of your financial situation for one, and for another this reads like "my boyfriend won't pay for my time."

Has the strong scent of bait to it.

You push it to one side. It's not pushed up against the middle area, it's kind of going down a pant leg.

I know...
Well, he was being silly and tried to finish writing this letter, so he stopped talking. And now he's just working like 16 hours a day for an event and barely talks because he just falls asleep.
But I know that things are bad, I know it.

Toby regbo huh this guy lookin like a fish how dare you place him as my goal you whore.

I wrap it around my torso like a belt, which works out because it saves me on buying belts.

You begger cut your hair if you don't want to be compared :))))
But Nickelback is fine??

Ik I’m probably just rationalizing. After the second text/call I was going to let it go. We talked a lot when we worked together and I asked if she would want to go out when I left. We only texted once before me asking her out. I wanted to get to the point and see her In person again because our only other text conversation was short and dry. She could very likely not care to see me but if there’s a chance I still want to try

Whatever loser tell me your BMI if it's within normal ranges I'll consider your opinion going forward.

Umm 19, if that helps

What to do about a mismatched libido? She's a once a week kind of person, and I could frankly just do entirely without
but that's obviously going to put a huge dampener on my social life if I can't do something about it

Girls, when you friendzone a guy, do you actually have any legitimate interest in being friends with them, or is it just a soft rejection tactic?

19 thats cool how old are you and do you have a boyfriend this is all just idle curiosity

"Let's just be friends is a soft rejection tactic.

I'm the sperg up here with the problematic snailmail issue I think this explaind it

So, a little background info:
>Started Uni last month
>Suddenly starting to be all extroverted
>Qt girl sits beside me
>We instantly click and become friends pretty quick
>No romantic thoughts involved since both of us are in a relationship
Fast foward a few weeks, and everytime we got drunk we ended up kinda touching each other, me massaging her ass or her taking off her shirt.
That is, until this monday. This time sober, we met up again at her place (I Life away from the City the uni is in) and things escalated a bit, me sucking her nipple and her telling me to do whatever I want afterwards. Luckily I wasnt drunk and managed to stop at that point, but the next day she told me that she was full with hormones, and that she felt happy and was giggeling all the time after seeing me or writing me.
Now I am kinda afraid that she is developing feelings for me.

Tl;dr: I fear that an inappropriatly touchy female friend is developing romantic feelings for me.

I don't think this is specifically gender-related, but I often see a lot of oddball dating-related questions in these threads. So here goes:

Am I weird for feeling uncomfortable at the idea of dating someone who happens to have the same name as a relative?

I met some really nice women in my life, definitely enough for me to consider dating. However, the #1 reason I haven't asked them out was because they had the same name as my sister or my mother.

Is this a weird reaction? I mean, it's clearly obvious that they are different people with different personalities, but them having the same name as my sister/mom makes me uncomfortable for some reason.

You're too pretty to be in a LDR babe don't waste your energy on this mans complacency.

It's not a weird reaction (people tend to like to avoid having people of the same name in their family when naming kids for instance) however do not let it stop you

Come up with a cute nickname or petname

I've one sister I get along fine with, and I've never had problem any issue with girls that share her name.
I've one another sister that's hard to be within twenty meters of without her turning into Vesuvius - and those that share her name are dead on arrival to me.
I'd imagine giving them nicknames that evolve into pet names ASAP might minimize the disdain, but frankly I've never even cared enough to try.

user you know you need to ghost her and stop that shit, for both of your partners' sakes. But you don't want to stop, do you, and are developing feels for her as well. It's going to be hard but if you continue it's going to end badly.

Go on, get your heart broken.

The babe was unnecessarily cheesy lol

Both, what's the most unattractive thing a person can do when hitting on you?

Cheesiness is a positive trait in females it's a big portion of their charm...

Aren't you the blond Nickelback and Toby Redgo hybrid guy?

Babe, if anyone is worth being cheesy for it's you.
You mean aside from bordering on 'step back I have mace'? Don't make it overtly crude or sexual. I want to get to know you before I'm willing to share my body, and can already surmise that you don't find me repulsive from subtext alone.

Yea I am.

Stop stealing my lexicon you loser.

If you were already friends, she most likely wants to keep it that way. If she barely knows you from a bar of soap, it’s a soft rejection.

Lmao

I wasn't on Jow Forums in such a long time, I don't remember it being actually comfy sometimes

Yeah my presence is always a breath of fresh air I brighten everyone's day with my intellectual caprice even on the internet.

Sure thing Nickelback

Man we have a good thing going here... I make an attempt at sagacity, you call me nickelback all witty like... I'm sensing a connection.

I mean, you're probably not the *only one* but it is kinda weird.

Well, this stuff sums it up pretty much, but its not like I am really developing feelings (yet). Its just that I was an introverted creep in high school and I like the attention.
Still should really end it tho

Yeah you should totally give me your discord so I can run from one LDR into another one with Nickelback. The dream.

Don't want no LDR don't waste your time... add me though, we'll listen to each other breathe in vc sometime Red#1046 and while your at it listen to cowgirl in the sand by niel young great song.

not the studio version that one kinda sucks but this one youtube.com/watch?v=zphUt_tp898

I was only jk...I can add you but pls no breathing in vc

So there's this girl, and she'll ask questions about me and stuff, but for whatever reason when I ask about her or talk to her, she doesn't seem to care at all.
Why is this? I'm 95% sure she's not interested in me and I don't really care anyways, this is just weird behavior imo.

maybe she was just being polite but isnt actually interested. or perhaps she's playing it cool to not seem eager. you can find out by asking her why she's standoffish (but in a joking way.... don't be mean)

How do I find a slut or a lonely insecure girl who will like my my handsome face and decent physique enough to let me regularly have sex with them?

Tinder. If you have a tiny pp, swipe on small size girls.

But tall girls are prettier

matters not. if you want to do it regularly, she must be unphased by lil peen. take my word for it.

But they make your peepee seem smaller

Would I come off as desperate if I text my ex “what happened between us?”

This guy I hung out with a few times commented on a photo I posted that I look fantastic. Is it a polite way of saying he finds me attractive? He also randomly texted me asking how my day was going. Is this a sign that he's into me?

yes because you probably know what happened. be more specific when you text her. something deep might intrigue her but if an ex asked me "what happened" i would be so mad. i would just respond "YOU WERE THERE MORON!"

I though sex was like playing football in that if I don't know what I'm doing, I can just go in face first and see what happens

Nah, I would just put you're curious. It's not meant to start anything you're just trying to learn from it.

Keep it casual

I'm anxious about joining tinder at my college. I don't like hookup culture and I prefer old fashioned girls as cliche as it might sound. I have never been one to buy into this kind of behavior but I'm noticing most people keep to themselves and use services like tinder here so it's difficult to try anything in person. Is it a somewhat normal expectation to want to meet someone on tinder with the purpose of having a relationship?

SICK. this is a mistake. take my advice. you MUST find a virgin that just wants to do oral and you need to get VERY good at fingering.

i am PANICKED on your behalf.

yeah. i think alot of people on there want something real but they are also willing to fall back on the possibility that people just want something casual. set the tone early and make it a "date" not just a "chill"/"hang".

You mean I can't just rely on instinct , willpower, and physical durability?