Are there any ”real jobs” for visual-spatial people? Apparently the only thing I’m any good for is visual things...

Are there any ”real jobs” for visual-spatial people? Apparently the only thing I’m any good for is visual things, I’m stupid at math, struggle with chemistry, and will choose suicide over physics in a heartbeat.

Are there any STEM jobs where you can thrive when the only thing you’re good for is arts?

Attached: 70B161ED-03CE-4EA3-A9B2-62270AB42957.jpg (640x370, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

owlguru.com/career/geodetic-surveyors/job-description/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Architecture

There already is a surplus of architects. My goal was to find employment.

What about languages? I’ve been told I’m good at putting things in words.

Are there any real jobs in that?

So be a really good architect who has networked properly, done internships, and has a foot in the door of a firm by graduation.

Well, I’ve already tried the tactic of basing my future in dreams and delusions and that didn’t work at all.

I need a REAL option.

Maybe geodesy would be good for you?

>I need the answer to 5 + 5 but miss me with that 10 shit
If you don't want advice that's fine but don't expect a literal fucking Easy Button. You still have to do your own legwork.

Google translate describes that as a ”branch of mathematics”. Does it involve a lot of math?

I want a stable job. I am not a gamble-your-future-to-follow-harebrained-dreams -person.

Why does it have to be a STEM job?
Also, look into industrial design

Because STEM jobs are respectable occupations that actually enploy people. Art is garbage and 99% of people with english degrees could be ground up into dog food and society would lose nothing.

automation engineer

employable in almost any industry.

owlguru.com/career/geodetic-surveyors/job-description/

It does involve lots of math but as far as I know, a lot of this is already automated.

>following the standard pipeline is a hairbrained dream
You are hopeless. Anything worth doing has inherent risk that you can avoid by literally just taking care of business and having the slightest fucking agency to pursue opportunities like internships and professors that have industry connections. The people you keep seeing crying about not having a job after graduation are the ones who thought all they had to do was shut up and make good grades.

An architect IS a stable job. You're just being a coward because there's so guarantee. If you're so scared of failing then eliminate the possibility of failure

My father hated people all his life, but he was so fucking good at IT he was hired straight out of college and never sought a job in his life, employers were always ASKING him to come work for them.

>implying jobs that aren’t STEM are real jobs

Become a CAD monkey for engineers?

What the fuck is that?

Trades?

Does that involve selling things to people?

Because I couldn’t convince a person to pour piss out of his own shoe.

Depends, are you going into a trade that involves sales?

What trade involves no sales?

Any trade where the sales are handled by the dude at the desk instead of you. Just find yourself a trade you like and a company that will just tell you what to do at the start of your shift and leave you the fuck alone to do it. That's more dependent on the company you go to rather than what you do. Just pick something that sounds like a skill you want to have. Can't go wrong learning to weld.

What if I want something meaningful that contributes something to humanity as a whole?

Fixing cars or some bullshit, all I’ll be doing is contributing to global warming. That won’t advance arts and sciences.

If you want to better the world, studying the arts will do the exact opposite and leave you with crippling student debt and no way to pay it off. As for sciences, you said it yourself, your shit at chemistry and physics.

>trades
>arts and sciences
You're barking up the wrongest tree you possibly can. I have to admit I chuckled at your idealism, 'contributing to humanity' is kind of a giant meme. You might wanna just do the work for an architectural degree.

Also there ain't nothing wrong with cars and global warming comes from chinese factory pollution and other developing countries with more rapists and tribal shamans than enforced regulations, not western automobiles.

I think visually but I'm fine with maths, chemistry, physics and almost anything else. In order the learn I just visualise the mechanisms in my head and watch them. I'd guess you didn't really hate learning but were just bored of being classroom style or from a picky curriculum.

I’ve already got an useless art degree and I know that.

But a meaningless existence will not do. There has to be something, and if there isn’t, I want death.

Trades: just be a plumber that actually turns up to appointments and people will thank you for it.

Medicine: there's always a shortage of staff here, so lots of room to improve peoples lives.

Science: it's a lot of work for the tiniest benefit, but someone has to do it and true experts can get on some good projects.

Architectural: you work all your life and eventually, after 50 years of work, you're allowed to say where the elevators will go in the town mall.

There are no jobs anymore.

Web design? They make $60k/yr on average.

>the only thing I’m any good for is visual things, I’m stupid at math

Lots of math is visual. Important theoretical areas of math (topology, geometry, some analysis). As is a lot of computer science.

Statistics is also another option. You wouldn't need to learn anything intense for a statistician job where your role would be to run algorithms/program techniques you learn in school on data and translate it visually so brainlets can understand it.

CS and statistics are highly conceptual fields. Computation barely belongs.

So if you want to research, start with a google search for "compuer vision" and "data visualization". Search for jobs with similar key words on jobsites.

Also, graphics is a big area of computer science. Could definitely do someting with that with minimal c# knowledge

Not necessarily. Mostly you just show up, diagnose the problem, and then tell them how much the problem costs to fix. They either say yes or no.

You can do a lot of good with carpentry. People need houses/repair, and it's tremendously rewarding. You build a relationship with your client and understand their needs. The look on their face when things are how they want it is extremely gratifying